zombiemedia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zombiemedia

NES cart not working - you know what to do

zombiemedia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zombiemedia

tazfreeatlast

quality posts: 21 Private Messages tazfreeatlast
Re: 1983

The title is incorrect for this one. Shouldn't it be 1977?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 277 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Zombie Horticulture

Wabby wabbo wabbo wubbah! +1

acraigl

quality posts: 181 Private Messages acraigl

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 16 Private Messages benjaminleebates
oakenspirit wrote:Super! Really fun mashup.

Thanks! I thought the two would mash up well. It's hard to draw the cover in that crappy style, with just the right amount of crappiness.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 16 Private Messages benjaminleebates
Inatangle wrote:Super! I can just hear the Tetris music playing in the background... I sure hope this prints, because I NEED this one!

giraffalot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages giraffalot
tazfreeatlast wrote:The title is incorrect for this one. Shouldn't it be 1977?

It's the second death star pictured (from Jedi). Luckily the title isn't part of the design so is irrelevant outside the walls of this derby.

--------------------------------
Vote for Dungeons & Dragons!

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Re: Asteroid?

This is really one of those "why didn't I think of that!" moments. Love it-- Winner!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 277 Private Messages Spiritgreen

I love me some Asteroids. Saucer hunting when you've eliminated most of the rocks. Knowing when you're screwed enough to take a chance on the hyperspace button. Classic moments!

Thanks so much for the nice comments. :^)

thatquietgir1

jnolen85 wrote:Great Work

Thanks jnolen! I had fun making it

acraigl

Inatangle wrote:Gosh... pretty! I love all of the colors! I bet Fishbiscuit will love this design too... I believe she's a professional Pokemon Go player...lol

Thanks Inatangle.

kg07

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kg07
Re: Indy Game

This is great!

thatquietgir1

Re: Special Snowflake

This is cute, I like how you have to look close to see why he's special.

thatquietgir1

Re: Pac Moon

I love the glow on the ghosts!

MissyCorey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MissyCorey
Re: Rogue Command

Great design! Hope it prints I want!

thatquietgir1

Re: Player 2 Has Entered The Game

So at first I did not see a cat at all, but a giant hand wearing a white glove poking at the screen. Like the boss from super smash brothers !

Narfcake

quality posts: 377 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Player 2 Has Entered The Game

Alas ...

Perhaps one depicting the cat sitting on the it-is-not-a-NES to fully block out the yellow-pizza-shaped-man?

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and American Apparel (AA) options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Hah!

(I wouldn't mind a GITD remix down the line either!)

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and American Apparel (AA) options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

acraigl

Narfcake wrote:Alas ...

Perhaps one depicting the cat sitting on the it-is-not-a-NES to fully block out the yellow-pizza-shaped-man?

Crap, didn't even consider that this one might be Bandai'd. Maybe just a different game screen would be best.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: PokéInvaders

The score is a very nice homage to when Space Invaders came out.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

acraigl wrote:Crap, didn't even consider that this one might be Bandai'd. Maybe just a different game screen would be best.

Just sit the whole cat in front of the screen! They do that in real life anyway!

(Hence, no cat here; just catshirts.)

acraigl

Narfcake wrote:The score is a very nice homage to when Space Invaders came out.

Thanks for noticing!

kg07

MissyCorey wrote:Great design! Hope it prints I want!

Thanks!

SevenArts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SevenArts
Re: Will You be My No. 2? A True Lovestory Shirt.

I felt like giving a helping hand to my undecided nerd friends out there. If you do end up wearing something like this once you propose, you BETTER give us a pic or it DID NOT HAPPEN! :D

SevenArts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SevenArts
Re: Meowtal Kombat

I really love the overall style! It's amazing! Here, have my vote! <3

tazfreeatlast

quality posts: 21 Private Messages tazfreeatlast
giraffalot wrote:It's the second death star pictured (from Jedi). Luckily the title isn't part of the design so is irrelevant outside the walls of this derby.

With a quote from A New Hope

jnolen85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jnolen85

ochopika

quality posts: 30 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Pac Moon

Sorry, they just recently made us take down a bunch of pac-man designs and I don't want to poke them and make them mad.

ChuckleNorris

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ChuckleNorris
kentuckystan wrote:Odd job was so hard to hit! +1

Haha, yeah. Most the time I would just run with my head down in expectation. I read somewhere that Boris was the next shortest. Wish I would've known that 20 years ago.

kg07

Re: PokéInvaders

Nice design acraigl! I have no idea how to do pixel art, so I can sympathize. The important thing to nail is the concept and design. I hope this prints as I am looking to buy xmas presents for my kids!

kg07

Re: Super Ugly Gaming Sweater

Great design! Hopefully they will offer it in a hoody or long sleeve option when it prints.

kg07

Re: 1983

Keep up the good work and the enthusiasm. I can empathize with the frustration caused by designs by certain artists that always seem to start in the fog of war no matter the topic or design. However, good designs often (not always) rise to the top and the woot community generally rewards good designs with votes. Also, the woot gods sometimes look down from above and pick out good designs that don't get a lot of votes (hint, hint ) and print them as honorable mention. I have zero facebook/twitter support as I am a luddite, but succeed from time to time. Don't give up on the derbies. As long you gain enjoyment from the process and don't take them too seriously they can be rewarding.

kg07

Re: Sole Survivor

Wow!

kg07

Re: Rebel Droid Bros.

I cannot believe that droid is copyrighted (I believe woot, but find the idea that you can copyright the short form of android preposterous), but they did say no Mario Brothers in the derby. I assume we will see this design in a later derby when it is allowable.

kg07

Re: Dug Life

Lol! I would prefer this in the Dig Dug colors, but funny! +!

kg07

Re: Tet-mas Tree

Combine this with the ugly sweater motif and you have a winner. Funny idea.

kg07

Re: Duck Hunter

Nice design. I missed out on this as a kid as we only had an Atari, but the Duck Hunt seems to have been popular with the rich kids who could afford a Nintendo...

kg07

benjaminleebates wrote:Thanks! I thought the two would mash up well. It's hard to draw the cover in that crappy style, with just the right amount of crappiness.

Nice concept. I can help with crappy artwork in the future as it is my comparative advantage.