studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: Blue-Footed Booby Dance of Seduction

My favorite pose is the air guitar one. And then the sassy finger wag. Awesome!

pinkdragonrider1978

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinkdragonrider1978
Re: Lord of the Dance v2.0

It's blasphemously delicious!

sneffers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sneffers
Oldyeller89 wrote:Pretty sure you aren't supposed to do that.

really? I owned the picture, it's actually a pic of me :P

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Blue-Footed Booby Dance of Seduction

Wow, thanks to everyone who has voted for this. It's a real surprise to see it in contention this late in the derby. I don't think I've ever had an entry do such a slow crawl into the fog before. Thanks again for the comments and votes.

nalasirrom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nalasirrom
Re: Do the Robot!

Unauthorized plug for Mr. Robbie Lee.

Tomorrow his Trash shirt goes on sale at Teextile.

Check it out if you enjoy his humor.

http://www.teextile.com/853

tgentry

Staff

Re: Rain Dance

Congrats on a mega-first place finish 'loop. Very well deserved.

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
Re: Humpty Dance

Support my One Man Band shirt over at Cameesa from the Music Derby: http://cameesa.com/support/design/353/one-man-band

finkplamingo42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages finkplamingo42

Can I get a print of this? I'd be willing to pay for it.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
joelterrific wrote:I don't see an issue with the copyright since I can't find anything that specifically addresses it. If anyone else can, I'm all virtual ears.

http://www.sherv.net/banana-emoticon-68.html

From the bottom of the page:
© 2003-2007 Sherv.NET - Windows Live Messenger and MSN Messenger ® Microsoft
The dancing banana icon, smiley and emoticon is protected by copyright laws.

But it was created by Ryan Gancenia Etrata and Kevin Flynn, so I don't know if the above applies, since is doesn't seem to represent either of them.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

katfin25

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katfin25
nalasirrom wrote:Unauthorized plug for Mr. Robbie Lee.

Tomorrow his Trash shirt goes on sale at Teextile.

Check it out if you enjoy his humor.

http://www.teextile.com/853

Awesome! I was hoping someone would plug it over here since I don't follow teextile too closely.

Do you like beer? Then check out
brewlimination.com

Do NOT EVER purchase Bella Terra Cosmetics!

nyke15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyke15

so it is pretty obvious this guy here is first place...

any predictions for second and third?

mdschaab

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdschaab

I remember when designers on this website actually took time to think up a really good idea for a shirt instead of recycling old ideas and throwing in some cute little animal to pander to all the 10 year-year old girls that waste their day voting for every shirt with a bird, fish, or teddy bear on it. I used to love this site. I haven't seen a decent design win anything in months. But I don't blame you, you gotta make that money.

lami

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lami

This is the shirt that I wanted to win...I would love to buy this shirt!!

dankstick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dankstick
Mavyn wrote:http://www.sherv.net/banana-emoticon-68.html

From the bottom of the page:
© 2003-2007 Sherv.NET - Windows Live Messenger and MSN Messenger ® Microsoft
The dancing banana icon, smiley and emoticon is protected by copyright laws.

But it was created by Ryan Gancenia Etrata and Kevin Flynn, so I don't know if the above applies, since is doesn't seem to represent either of them.

http://www.sherv.net/carlton-emoticon-146.html

Upon closer inspection, they have copyrighted the Carlton dance Icon too, it reads "The carlton dancing icon, smiley and emoticon is protected by copyright laws.". I'm not taking that website's claim seriously.

digihelix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages digihelix

I think I like the first safety dance entry more...the one with the helmet.

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
nyke15 wrote:so it is pretty obvious this guy here is first place...

any predictions for second and third?

Second will The robot and third will be Salsa Dancing.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois
hjoybanks wrote:I'm a newbie and have not purchased anything yet so can not vote, but this is my #1 choice. If it wins I will be buying one or two.

Thank you, hjoybanks! It's always nice to receive a little extra encouragement. :D

tgentry

Staff

mdschaab wrote:I remember when designers on this website actually took time to think up a really good idea for a shirt instead of recycling old ideas and throwing in some cute little animal to pander to all the 10 year-year old girls that waste their day voting for every shirt with a bird, fish, or teddy bear on it. I used to love this site. I haven't seen a decent design win anything in months. But I don't blame you, you gotta make that money.

Ah, the good ol' days. I've been here since the beginning... cute animals and recycled ideas have always been tops.

As for "having to make that money," I don't. If I did I would be doing cute animals, video games, and internet memes every single week, and I'd be bored out of my mind. Personally I do designs that interest me, and this was the only idea I had for this derby that did. I don't think it's just "throwing in a cute animal", the way these animals dance to attract a mate is incredible. The right combination of moves and they propagate, a wrong step and they're a genetic dead end. There is an idea behind it, it's not just an animal dancing for the sake of it.

spanishmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spanishmel

What about it the girl had a fro and was also wearing a disco style retro outfit like the guy. She could be bare foot or wearing flatter shoes. That way those crazy platforms sort of make more sense...she becomes taller and can dance with the dude AND she realizes her potential as the queen of the disco! Or maybe she wants to be the disco queen and he helps her get there with the shoes...so he's the hero! Am I nuts or what?

I think I might be deviating from your original intent...it sounds like you had a rather personal metaphor in mind. It is a very cute design, either way.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
hjoybanks wrote:I want this with the glow outlining the shirt as shown!!

I could give you some plutonium to wash the shirt in...

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
melite wrote:really curious how many people who voted for this are actually going to buy and wear this shirt... =/

I would. I voted for it despite my concerns of its legality.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
BootsBoots wrote:This is my favorite so far this week. I love boobies, too.

HA! I knew it! l0l *blushes* Ummm.. dont' mind me.

captivity

quality posts: 6 Private Messages captivity

I know that tidbit that the peacock males are the only ones with fancy feathers, but I'd like to imply (even though I'm moderately certain the artist didn't have it in mind) a statement of gender freedom. Everyone should be allowed to dance with whomever they want, especially with such lovely plumage.

So basically, I saw a man in a tux (or maybe a woman? You know what they say about penguins - they all look alike) asking a cheerful and adorable drag queen for a dance.

bonnie0128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonnie0128

This may very well be my first shirt.woot purchase! Very nicely done! I'm nervous about the sell-out potential...hope I can stay up late enough (eastern time). Bravo!

fjohnette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fjohnette
Re: Do the Robot!

I would like to wear this

Mavyn

tgentry wrote:
... the way these animals dance to attract a mate is incredible. The right combination of moves and they propagate, a wrong step and they're a genetic dead end. There is an idea behind it, it's not just an animal dancing for the sake of it.

I want a boobie shirt.

My aunt toured the Galapagos a few years ago, and sighting a BFB was one of the highest priorities. The kids along liked screaming "I see a boobie!", resulting in many false hopes and expectations.

How could I NOT get this shirt?

Mavyn

dankstick wrote:http://www.sherv.net/carlton-emoticon-146.html

Upon closer inspection, they have copyrighted the Carlton dance Icon too, it reads "The carlton dancing icon, smiley and emoticon is protected by copyright laws.". I'm not taking that website's claim seriously.

Yeah, I wasn't really pushing it, saying that was totally valid. There doesn't seem to be a firm stance, either way, and despite a lot of links, the creators haven't chimed in either.

Enedlhach

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Enedlhach
Josephus wrote:I am. Boy that's fair, huh, Woot? I'm wondering how happy the rest of the people in the fog are about this one getting the free ad for hours today?

-incredible.

well it made it lose so I'm pretty sure they're happy about it...

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
Re: Da' Chicken Dance (RESUB)

Wow!!! Thanks for voting everyone.

Hmmm... Exactly 125 votes. I wonder if I should've set the bar higher?

Thanks again!!!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
digihelix wrote:I think I like the first safety dance entry more...the one with the helmet.

This one makes more sense, imo. BTW, this WAS the first one.

thurdl01

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01
cobolisdead wrote:I like it, but isn't this too many colors or am I counting them wrong?

Obviously after the fact, but I count six:
Yellow/Gold
Red
Green
Light blue
White
Black

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
Enedlhach wrote:could always get an HM

This is true.

@ pica - Thank you! Perhaps it will come back in the doubletake.

@leece - Thanks!

@fofmock - Ja... I was debating on whether to sub it or not but it was easier to just do it than contemplate doing it.

@Drakxxx - Thanks!

@xenora - Danke! I did pick shonen. Shoujo just doesn't strike me as something that would work here. I think the Chinese color influence was what eHal was going for. He had a great suggestion imo. And ja... the dragon has been done quite a bit, however once you're committed to the design there's no point in going back. Just not enough hours in my week! Hah.

@super - Thanks! I too dig the red shirts. They are an amazing, bold shade of red! The only red woot shirt I have is the one from the consumerism derby that parodied brands (great shirt btw). I equate this with dancing because combat and dancing are very similar. If you've seen the movie "Hero" all of their combat scenes are choreographed like crazy yet graceful dance scenes.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Enedlhach wrote:well it made it lose so I'm pretty sure they're happy about it...

The ad likely gave you an extra boost. If you lost, you probably would have lost by a larger margin were it not for the ad. But you might still win - SDS estimates are still only estimates.

Don't worry, nobody is blaming you for anything.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

mpfiestie11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpfiestie11

FYI, Fireflies are beetles, not flies

somethingoriginal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages somethingoriginal
Re: Rain Dancer

Its really disappointing that this design didnt make it. Out of every design I have seen its the only one I would consider buying. I hope it gets printed somewhere else.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
mdschaab wrote:I remember when designers on this website actually took time to think up a really good idea for a shirt instead of recycling old ideas and throwing in some cute little animal to pander to all the 10 year-year old girls that waste their day voting for every shirt with a bird, fish, or teddy bear on it. I used to love this site. I haven't seen a decent design win anything in months. But I don't blame you, you gotta make that money.

I hope there's an irony derby that allows text, you can just paste this one on there and you're good to go. There's a lot that can be said about the state of the derby but berating TG for it....? laff

digihelix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages digihelix
JadenKale wrote:This one makes more sense, imo. BTW, this WAS the first one.

Oops sorry this was the first one. I like the second one better:D.

Kiwii

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kiwii
mitchellp wrote:GMV. I hope this prints, because so far its its the only shirt in fog that i would buy.

Agreed! Although the Rain Dance shirt is quite clever, I have way too many dark colored woot! shirts, and need a little color variety.
I like this shirt a lot and hope that it emerges from the fog a winner.

manil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages manil
Re: Boogie Woogie Woogie!

I really hope this makes it as an editors choice, classic!

likethesocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages likethesocks
re: crash test mosh

I super adore this shirt design! If they dont pick it up you really should put it up on cafe press or something! I showed my friend and he wants one too! Please make this shirt a reality!!!