haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox
Re: Optical Illusion of Leap Year

Wow, according to shirtderbystats.com, this might still have a chance. If this wins, I'll start an amazing, very underground band called "Leap Year" so the design will be perpetually relevant. C'mon, votes!

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
sailstud25 wrote:cute... like his little grin

determined little grin that is...

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc
mjc613 wrote:Josephus. Stop. Breathe. Now go back and look at the comments from people who are long term wooters. WE are the ones who count, not some troll who only has 5 posts and no woots. Spend more time responding to US, and stop spending energy on him.

I know that negative comments can be correlated to votes. However, give the mainstream voter credit for knowing the difference between a knowledgeable critique and ranting.

The way I read it, Josephus is saying that he won't let these comments go by because the one leaving the negative trail may not be a drive-by troll, at all, but rather someone who has a vested interest in tearing down others' designs. He cited his own experience in the Halloween derby. What happened there seriously bites, IMO. Unfortunately, I suspect it happens more often than we know.

You're absolutely right, though. The mainstream voter knows the difference. Those who don't, however, are the ones Josephus is trying to educate as to why certain comments may be made.

At least that's the way I read it! Josephus, please tell me if I'm way off base. I wouldn't be surprised. It may only be Thursday, but my mind thinks it's already the weekend and has taken off early.

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
parkermc wrote:Exactly! Now, if we could only keep some of the groups here from bullying the others about their tastes in designs.

Love this math shirt! I can't wait to pick up one. Or two.

Thank you very much! Everyone. Joel has contacted me and I've just sent out the final version with my font outlined(something else on the list of things I screwed up). However, it looks like the final version will address all the problems mentioned so thanks so much everyone for pointing them out and for kind words.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
sailstud25 wrote:Both are awesome! gmv, too bad I can't buy it! :'(

You might be able to someday, perhaps if they do a "Best Of" derby again or I get around to setting up my own place. Thanks for commenting and voting

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz

so basically derbystats has thrown in the towel and given up this derby. I think lemmings is clearly in 2nd or 3rd. it's been atop the hotness since getting fogged, and it knocked out stonehenge before stonehenge knocked out the green shirt. so it's really down to the giraffes and lemmings imo. will be interesting to see how it plays out. I HIGHLY doubt there is a 3-way tie now though.

What's really odd is that in a matter of minutes, derbystats adjusted the math shirt from 400 to almost 500 votes. very strange.

TryshaSomething

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TryshaSomething
Re: Giraffe Leap Years Calendar

AWWWW!!!! I LOVE IT! I'd definitely buy TWO!

esbaylus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages esbaylus

Looks like the state of Vermont...

Not bad (ie - WAY better than I could do), but there are better this time!

Re: See Year Leap... Leap Year, Leap

richmondknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richmondknight
Re: Do the Math

will buy! awesome shirt

esbaylus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages esbaylus

PLEASE make this one - even if it doesn"t win!!!!!

nevetnod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nevetnod

Unbelievable. I can't believe this fell out of the fog. I think it's a great design.

I like celery.

dothedance777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dothedance777

I think that tisi si the coolest shirt i have seen on woot. you have my vote

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Annexing February

I'd like to thank you all for your votes. This was a pretty quick design, and I didn't expect it to do this well, but I thought "the idea is interesting enough, and there are stick figures, so I may as well!" Woot has proven derby after derby to love stick figure entries. Thank you, woot, for not letting me down.

bryceparker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryceparker

I'm a leap year baby so I've been watching this one extra close. I love this one and am going to wear it on my B-Day.

kojiro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kojiro

Ok, so I read all the comments. I understand that some people think Stonehenge *might* have been a calendar, though it seems the popular belief is it was some kind of observatory or religious structure. But my point is I think someone needs to spell this shirt out for me. Is that little stone set on top of, or behind, the bigger one? The perspective is not clear. What exactly is the adjustment? There are 20 regular stones, and so adding a 21st fixed the leap year? That's funny?

I just don't get it.

Ashleyrah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ashleyrah

This is my favorite shirt in this derby and the only one I would actually buy. I'm sorry that it doesn't look like it will make it - I look forward to your entries in the future.

marissajared

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marissajared
Re: Just because.....

Fantastic!
I am always calling my husband a lemming and it would be so fantastic to have a shirt just for him (and all the other shirt.wooters who buy one)
North Idaho huh? Eastern Washington here. Because I just like making random connections like that.

equant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages equant

I agree with everyone, great shirt. Too bad it's not happening. I'm continually disappointed by what gets votes.

equant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages equant
Re: Leap Year Massacre

Well I liked it. Way better than at least 45 of the 50 shirts voted higher.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: Aztec Stonemasons hated leap day

Hey, thanks to each of you who voted for this- I still think it was the best looking design in the derby. Sorry I wasn't able to infect enough people with the desire to vote for it to get it printed.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
parkermc wrote:The way I read it, Josephus is saying that he won't let these comments go by because the one leaving the negative trail may not be a drive-by troll, at all, but rather someone who has a vested interest in tearing down others' designs. He cited his own experience in the Halloween derby. What happened there seriously bites, IMO. Unfortunately, I suspect it happens more often than we know.

You're absolutely right, though. The mainstream voter knows the difference. Those who don't, however, are the ones Josephus is trying to educate as to why certain comments may be made.

At least that's the way I read it! Josephus, please tell me if I'm way off base. I wouldn't be surprised. It may only be Thursday, but my mind thinks it's already the weekend and has taken off early.

You're right in much of what you said. Part of my motivation is so that there is some removal of the curtain hiding the behavior that goes on here.

hey, thanks for all your support this week. I really appreciate it.

wooterer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterer
equant wrote:Well I liked it. Way better than at least 45 of the 50 shirts voted higher.

Thank you!

cpole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpole

WooHoo! You're still in the fog - can't wait to buy mine.

renebee73

quality posts: 3 Private Messages renebee73

I wish this one had made it. Very excellent!

Aberrantic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aberrantic
Re: Optical Illusion of Leap Year

Hallelujah, this one is out of the fog. Come on Stonehenge and Lemmings!

Aberrantic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aberrantic
no1 wrote:STONE THE HEATHEN!

Oh man, this made my day. Plus, it can be so true

beentheredonethat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beentheredonethat
thatrobert wrote:Well, thank you! It is obscure unfortunately -- between my muted colors and my crappy detail image, this has been very ignored. Nice to have a comment though. Wouldn't say all the shirts that get printed are tacky but I still am mystified by what gets votes sometimes. I have some plans for this design so hopefully you'll see it again someday.

I did not mean the term obscure as a derogatory comment, I really like how your design comes out very subtly, while at the same time being very striking, it does not try to use a sledgehammer to hit the theme. I can tell that you put a lot of thought, and creativity in the design. I like the colors, and too much detail may have cluttered the image. Less-well done, can certainly be more. As far as "tacky" goes, some of the winning designs may be better described as "Art for the masses", however, the "art" that seems to be voted on here by the "masses" is in my opinion not on a level of creativity that I find pleasing.

Good job on the design, and good luck in the future.

crazyharry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazyharry
Re: Leap of Democracy (resub)

beautiful... just beautiful

hilariousjmoneypants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hilariousjmoneypants

its 12:05, wheres the shirt?

Iambusyeating

hilariousjmoneypants wrote:its 12:05, wheres the shirt?

They post new items at 12 Central Time unfortunately. That means people like us must wait til 1 AM.

hilariousjmoneypants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hilariousjmoneypants

thats a bummer, well i will def be waiting up, hopefully your shirt wins, i love it

Iambusyeating wrote:They post new items at 12 Central Time unfortunately. That means people like us must wait til 1 AM.

Iambusyeating

hilariousjmoneypants wrote:thats a bummer, well i will def be waiting up, hopefully your shirt wins, i love it

Thanks man.

pimplobster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pimplobster
artulo wrote:Blasphemy! Leap day is not better than bacon. Few things are. Like even more bacon.

Or sausage. Or sausage gravy. Or Sausage McGriddles. Or Sausage, egg, and Cheese biscuit.

Or a really intense game of Uno.

swongnyc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swongnyc
Re: To Leap or Not To Leap

I love it! GMV :D

49 shirt.woot shirts and counting!
3 BOCs

Visit my blog at StephWong.net!

omnipotent32

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omnipotent32

Hope this comes in second. I want one.

Woot!
12/9/07 Viore HDTV Wizard Portable HDTV Tuner
Woot.Shirt!
12/9/07 "Unfriendly Locals" , 2/15/07 "Anatomy Test", "Sliced Bread", "Herd? What Herd?", "The Cake is a Liar", "Swimm Little Nessie!", "Angry Day" and "TAG"

goodedesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodedesign
klswoot wrote:Thanks Goodedesign. Glad you liked this one.

BTW- Where have you been? This is your first entry in some time, no?

doing stock research. and catch up before the daughter arrives (born). wow, it's like preparing for company you've never met, don't know and know will not be leaving anytime soon.

[url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=8016]

goodedesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodedesign

so, whaddya think... next derby... how many white tee shirts will be posted with the phrase "just add water" as the tag describing the shirt?

[url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=8016]

abonafidejai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abonafidejai

Hey! I know I'm late, but this shirt is amazing. Could I possibly get one anyway?

beowulfdl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beowulfdl

Nope. But I am a teacher, and, frankly, the majority of shirts that make it through are too morbid to wear to work. Because of the geeky morbid quality of most of the shirts, there have been very few shirts that I've been able to purchase. So, yeah, I am glad to see something that my principle won't send me home to change out of. Sorry if it doesn't appeal to you, but please be tolerant of the fact that your personality type, while it most often wins, is not the only personality type on shirt.woot.

ZEEBERMAN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZEEBERMAN
Re: Druid Leap Year (A Minor Calendar Adjustment)

I hope this wins, i love it!