quality posts: 49 Private Messages thatrobert

thatrobert

thatrobert

Re: Angler

Mitohapa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mitohapa
Meh6969 wrote:I guess its nice becuase of the complexity of it, but honestly I do not think it should rank in the top 4....nice, but it seems that similar "ideas" have been done over and over.

Ahaha, I understand what you're saying. "Nice", but not very interesting or original, correct? I often have similar thoughts, especially concerning my own work. As I mentioned earlier, this design was a self-indulgence. As of late I've been drawing whatever my hands want to, which tends to be undirected, idea-less subjects. It's something I have to shift away from. At this point, I can't present this design as anything more than what it appears to be. The fact that people seem to find it aesthetically pleasing is something that I appreciate greatly (though lately it seems that "beautiful" and "cute" have been dominating the derby, which I have mixed feelings about), but I also respect your take on it. I'll try harder to produce something more thought-provoking next time.

Still, I'd like to thank everyone for their wonderful comments/votes this week. That people still like something of mine despite my lack of cleverness...well, thank you all so much!

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
Re: yincat-yangcat

I like the way the yin-yang theme is carried, not just by the shapes & colors of the cats, but by the fact that one cat is asleep and the other playing. It adds a clever touch!

Psystal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Psystal
Re: Force x3

Because if societal pressures prevent you from wearing a full-blown tunic, you can always masquerade as trendy an hip while subtly displaying the nerd within.

Power to the geeks.

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

hey that's a cool-looking design. how'd you come up with the arrangement for the triangles and all that? is there some special name you call it? anyhow, luv it, simply amazing. very creative and original--hope to see it in the fog!

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69

yincat-yangcat

Thanks to everyone who voted and commented. You've been very encouraging, as always!

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
AdderXYU wrote:YAELIC! IM GAELIC!

L O Freaking L. Nice.

fablefire

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fablefire
ramyb wrote:http://i39.tinypic.com/zjuv0g.jpg here's a 50% shot of the front leg, hope that helps

Thanks so much everyone for all the support :D

Helps oodles.

Very nice. =)

Caseyzilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Caseyzilla

I'm quickly becoming a rabid Ramy fan. Great design! Hope it goes through...you've made a buyer out o' me! =P

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
IG64Assassin wrote:Nicely done. I like the concept and the color choice. The execution was good, but is the leftmost part considered a fill or a thick line? Stuff gets confusing...

The left is a really thick line. But yeah, it's a gray area..

Merry Christmas derby voters!

SkekTek

IG64Assassin wrote:Nicely done. I like the concept and the color choice. The execution was good, but is the leftmost part considered a fill or a thick line? Stuff gets confusing...

The left is a really thick line. But yeah, it's a gray area..

Merry Christmas derby voters!

SkekTek

eHalcyon wrote:Very merry, Mr. Tek.

Doesn't look like folks are in the season. This was really nice on paper, but I just couldn't get a colored line/shirt to make it pop. Sigh... some ideas just don't lend themselves to designs without fills.

SkekTek

StudyAbroadFund wrote:classy

Yes, but unfortunately people seem to prefer lines with silhouettes or animals done with brushstrokes.

It was a neat look though in my opinion.

mlsfishi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlsfishi
Re: Resist

Haha, I'm a just a BME, and I just have to have this. Oh, circuits.

IG64Assassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IG64Assassin

I think what byrbwr is trying to say is that perhaps you (and others like you) should take the opportunity to let your talent show through something that is a result of your own creativity, instead of simply paying homage to the works of others that you enjoy.

I think...

bpr2

quality posts: 186 Private Messages bpr2

when not to wear this shirt: when you know someone at the party had an abortion.

Revster1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Revster1
Re: And So Beats the Music of My Heart

I want to vote for this, but I do not know how! Help please...

tkhowryn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tkhowryn
TheLarrikin wrote:Drew this up late at night - somehow the subject matter just came to me!

One continuous line without going over itself. Also, it doesn't cross - I know that's not a requirement, but it'd be easy to do a design if you're letting your lines cross.

Anyways, all critiques welcome (constructive preferred ;).

Great work. I like this one a lot!

-K.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Dirty Martini

Impressive. And nice color choice. Very clever.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: The Food Chain

I'm afraid that Pacman is a rejectable topic. I don't think that ban has been lifted yet.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

scubaaron

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scubaaron
Revster1 wrote:I want to vote for this, but I do not know how! Help please...

You have to make a purchase in order to vote.

kennube

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kennube
Re: continuous solitude

I keep coming back to this one a couple of times a day just to look at it some more... and to hope to see it higher in the standings. please start climbing, solitude! there's not much time left :-(

halfsilvered

quality posts: 0 Private Messages halfsilvered

Nicely done, Psystal. I'm proud of you for submitting btw. You already have more votes than I got in my entire first derby entry.

paulkremer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer

halfsilvered

quality posts: 0 Private Messages halfsilvered

Nicely done, Psystal. I'm proud of you for submitting btw. You already have more votes than I got in my entire first derby entry.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
thatrobert wrote:

wow, that's awesome! Thanks, Robert, and whoever sponsored the design! :^)

Urtawkin2adork83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Urtawkin2adork83

i want thissssssss

PhilSandifer

quality posts: 18 Private Messages PhilSandifer
Re: Happy Happy Joy Joy

I voted for it, but I suspect it would look better as black on white.

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
StudyAbroadFund wrote:I'm really surprised you chose this shirt color..I was looking forward to this design when I saw it in the pre-submission blog

Sorry. The dark colors from before just didn't seem very fun. Thought it would get a better laugh if it was a silly color. Guess not.

PhilSandifer

quality posts: 18 Private Messages PhilSandifer
PhilSandifer wrote:I voted for it, but I suspect it would look better as black on white.

Gah. I mean black on yellow, of course.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Number1

I wish this had been submitted earlier. I don't think there is enough time to get this to move up in the rankings, and I REALLY like it. THis is what my grandmother used to call me and it made my sister very jealous. Just the thought of wearing this around her makes me snicker.

IG64Assassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IG64Assassin

Plus the cherry stem looks like it's breaking the rules as well.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: Xray My Head and This Is What You See!

Maybe it's the image, but I swear I see two segments. In the left eye socket (viewer's left, right side of actual skull), right below the thickest line at the top... I swear there's one small loop (eyebrow shaped, if that helps distinguish which I mean) that isn't connected to the rest. Also, on the opposite side, maybe two o'clock, there's just one diagonal line that doesn't seem to be connected to anything.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Laurvick wrote:OMGHI2U ALL! I guess I need to clarify for eveyone!

I do have permission to use his work. I did not just copy and past his work. I recreated it for my computer art class last year by hand, using a Intuos 3 A6 Wide Tablet by hand. I wrote him and asked him permission to use this design, and he agreed if I changed it just a little. So I did. His work is a continuous loop, mine is broken. I'm new to this whole thing. So how do I go about showing you this is legit? Thank you for your time...I'm not trying to doop anyone, seriously. Take care!

-Laurvick

In the future, have the person who owns the design send a note to woot and/or forward the note you received to woot. Otherwise, they have to assume that you copied. With companies suing people for using the word Monster in their business name, woot has to be very careful (and for that reason shouldn't sell monster products).

Quolace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Quolace
Re: continuous solitude

If this doesn't win I will never buy another bird shirt. ...it's not like I was going to wear one with a tiger anyway.\

Ironically, this shirt has a bird too, but it's not based AROUND a phoenix, raven, etcetera.