sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
snarkygal wrote:It is so nice to see you back submitting Soko... Please keep submitting no matter what style you wish. Your work is always welcome here. It is always quality.

I love this guy, he is absolutely awesome. GMV for sure.

Thanks Snarkygal. I do feel good after taking a break. And while it would have been the bee's knees to have been in the top 3 I'm still really happy people like this style.

cabinboy100

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cabinboy100
Re: Inspired by Winter Wonderland (Resub)

Almost didn't think it possible—a "straight" take on a holiday shirt and I really like it! Also dig the snowglobe effect. If only the snow would settle, so you could jump up and down with it on to get it going again. =)

MorbidEclipse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MorbidEclipse
picasserole wrote:I'm sure you're right uncchris -- but I'm providing a design for those few members of the woot comm, who like my work as is( down to the last pixel in fact ).
Thanks for the input nevertheless.. ;]
Ditto the comment that followed after( re: unpleasant ).

I still like this one!!! I wish this (in any of your resubs) were in the fog.

: Harbinger of Death :

cabinboy100

Re: Inspired by Winter Wonderland

Like a spirit of winter... with tube socks! But then, I suppose a spirit of winter might need the socks. But no boots? A wonky ambiguous holiday shirt. I like it. =)

p.s. Why the socks?

cabinboy100

Re: Inspired by: I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

That kid's got some code of morals. Gunning for the two-timing Mom over his gift dealer! Sweet!

cabinboy100

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=37606]Dominic - Inspired by

Not remembering the song, but totally dig the style and the image! =)

cabinboy100

Re: Inspired By O Christmas Tree

Wonderful story in an image! I'm gonna tell myself he's doing this for exactly one time of day. An unsung hero of an Xmas miracle for someone else, the "inventor" of decorating trees, who walked by on the nearby path that morning, puzzled by Mr. Turtle's spread, but happens by again at JUST the right time in the afternoon, when all of turtle's ornaments are in place... Blah blah blah, sells enough ornaments made from his old junk to save the farm and throw a huge holiday dinner for everyone in town... or something...

And Turtle has the patent, so he sues for half and lives happily ever after?

... or something.

DAILYWORKLOADREPORT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DAILYWORKLOADREPORT

[cute shirt but it should have a different background color]Re: Peas on Earth
[/quote]

picasserole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
MorbidEclipse wrote:I still like this one!!! I wish this (in any of your resubs) were in the fog.

The fog would be nice... maybe if I ask reeeal nice, sekiyoku'll put in a good word with his supporters, glad you like this, though I prefer the original version.. ;)

ChasingPuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChasingPuck
DoomedPaladin wrote:I wouldn't know it was a Christmas theme shirt if it wasn't for the title. It's just not that Christmasy looking. Put Santa in all caps across the letter and people not in the know might be better able to grasp it.

Part of the charm is that it DOESN'T beat the viewer over the head with 'Christmas'.

And really? Put 'Santa' in all caps? Violate the rules, instant rejection? So not good advice...

cinderella1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cinderella1
Re: Inspired By Mele Kalikimaka

well done, gmv. Maui Christmas!

You crack me up.
Of course I crack me up on a regular basis.

akumachan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akumachan
Re: Inspired By: 12 days of Christmas

go jasnesko!!
love the design!
GMV!

-ac

jasneko

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Inspired By: 12 days of Christmas

jeetajoo wrote:you know, it could also be "a partridge in a phone tree"

: )

bassanimation wrote:This is one of the cutest and most clever shirts this week! It's also nice that it's not overtly seasonal, so you can wear it year round. Nice job! I would love to see this print!

One of the cutest and most clever, awww. Glad you also like shirts that can be worn anytime. Thanks so much bassanimation!

And thanks to everyone who has voted and like this shirt! It's been really great to be in the fog most of the derby (other than when I resumbitted the design, so lost about 5 hours there), and I really appreciate everyone's support! Much thanks!!!

Edit:

akumachan wrote:go jasnesko!!
love the design!
GMV!

-ac

And thanks so much akumachan too!

TheyKilledKenny

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny
fftkrazee wrote:the fact that this is fogged is the funniest part of it all. and not in a good way.

still funny though.

Here-Here

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

bluetuba

quality posts: 60 Private Messages bluetuba

You have no idea what you are talking about Bassanimaion, and your victim obsession just makes you look sad. The woot board community is actually pretty great overall, if you would quit whining about your own lack of fame and worshipping Ramy/Seki you might see that.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

smedgrick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smedgrick
thatrobert wrote:

has a best loser ever won?

TheyKilledKenny

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny
marmls2m wrote:hi, you must be new! welcome to the derby. drinks are by the kitchen, bathrooms are in the back. the terrible designs are mostly on the top, and see adder for the complaint department.

enjoy yourself and have fun!

also, try not to make a fool of yourself by loudly proclaiming ignorant things. we seem to attract those types lately

Best... Post... Ever...

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
smedgrick wrote:has a best loser ever won?

one did last week.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
bluetuba wrote:You have no idea what you are talking about Bassanimaion, and your victim obsession just makes you look sad. The woot board community is actually pretty great overall, if you would quit whining about your own lack of fame and worshipping Ramy/Seki you might see that.

It's hard to see this with all of the hatred from negative Nelly whiners on a crusade with a superiority complex. But yes, there are some pretty great people/designers/posters on here. You just have to sift through all the mass garbage to find them.

ztrop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ztrop
bassanimation wrote:I'm sad, this was the only one in this derby I really, really wanted. ;_; You might consider changing it slightly and resubbing to another place this month. I'm sure another tee place would love to print this for December.

*blinks*
What-? There's something to be sad about? There's no rejection note on this design....What did I miss, isn't it still in the running?

ミ☆  ミ★  ミ☆  ミ★

camoor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camoor
Re: Inspired by Winter Wonderland (Resub)

Absolutely beautiful design, you got my vote. Let me know if it prints anywhere else.

ztrop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ztrop
Shenorock wrote:

Can we just make a trash.woot where seki and ramyb can post all their stuff and real shirts can go here?

lolol!!

ALSO: thank you orzine, for bringing this startling history to the attention of those who prefer to support honest workmanship =)

It's easy to see now who harbors 'crews' here at shirt.woot.

ミ☆  ミ★  ミ☆  ミ★

rglee129

quality posts: 29 Private Messages rglee129
Link3220 wrote:Love the shirt, love the concept. The only problem I have is where two holes overlap, why is there still a hint of "night" between the two? Shouldn't it be one big eight-shaped hole? Still, GMV.

Thanks for the vote. I reckon where you see two holes overlapping is the back side of the almost cut out night overlapping one of the holes, but since it's the back of night overlapping day, it wouldn't be one big eight-shaped hole.

Stercrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stercrazy
bluetuba wrote:You have no idea what you are talking about Bassanimaion, and your victim obsession just makes you look sad. The woot board community is actually pretty great overall, if you would quit whining about your own lack of fame and worshipping Ramy/Seki you might see that.

Examples of this constant whining about lack of fame? I look back and see ONE post talking about herself and another where she complains about ALL of the artists here who get little recognition, which most likely did not even include her, as she HAS printed.

As for worship, I don't see where that comes from. I guess liking a handful of designs equals worship? If that's the case, then she must worship Walzeman, Fablefire, and your own beloved DRAXXX and BootsBoots, since she's liked them enough to defend them as well when they were being harassed by the WONDERFUL community here on Woot, that you say is so great.

Truth is truth. While YOU may find nothing wrong with incessant slams on designs from people you personally have a problem with, most people do. I guess it really is true what they say about those who deal it out not being able to smell it.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

You're right, Woot boards are incredibly friendly. You've been nothing but polite and welcoming to me that's for sure, tuba. I really want you to know I appreciate it.

Also..no idea what I'm talking about? Hmm, the consistent emails from members off-site seem to suggest otherwise, but whatever.

Tell you what, I'll make a deal with you. When you stop -your- whining, I'll stop mine. Do you guys even read your own posts? Geeze, all I see Adder whine about Woot in general. Every time a shirt prints that he doesn't like he moans like a bulldog over it. Every time I post you guys both come in and whine about my whining. I've made a few posts, compared to you guys' just -relentless- goings-on about R and S, goodness. Take a look for yourself. Other people seem to observe your constant complaining just as much as you observe mine. 9_9 Don't act like the begrudging parents here.

Lastly, for the record, when I complain that a lot of good designs get passed up, I'm not talking about myself. Nor do I feel I deserve Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966) here. If you knew me as a person off line (I know, shocking, but you don't), you'd know how I really feel about my own work. I never feel I deserve a thing. I've managed to win one derby. ONE. HORRAY! It was a great, mammoth of an honor considering the top talent here. From here on out I don't mind if I dont win. I just like the derbies for the challenge and for other people's work. I've had 24 hours in the Woot sun. I can show my bear shirt to my grandma and my family and that is enough. I'm perfectly satisfied buying other people's shirts from here on out.

rmkrueger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmkrueger
Re: Inspired by The Cat Carol

that's amazing. People can complain about it being a starwars reference, but it's a hell of a lot better than the cutsie Cabbage Patch Elvis seki and ramyb sub every single week. And, it's way more interesting than some of the heavily Christmas themed designs in the fog. Woot asked for a shirt that could be worn all year round, not just on Christmas, so GMV

mcosgrove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcosgrove

Make the blue to green and put in headphones and it look suspiciously like another shirt...

serealport

quality posts: 0 Private Messages serealport
Re: Inspired By: Winter Wonderland

took me a minute but once i saw the broken blue bird

very nicely done

Link3220

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Link3220
rglee129 wrote:Thanks for the vote. I reckon where you see two holes overlapping is the back side of the almost cut out night overlapping one of the holes, but since it's the back of night overlapping day, it wouldn't be one big eight-shaped hole.

Ahhh, got it. Good to know I was just looking at it wrong. Hope it prints.

bluetuba

quality posts: 60 Private Messages bluetuba
bassanimation wrote:You're right, Woot boards are incredibly friendly. You've been nothing but polite and welcoming to me that's for sure, tuba. I really want you to know I appreciate it.

You are the one insulting the ENTIRE community just because a few people were mean to you. Previous comments by you have earned the wrath you are soooo upset about receiving. People hate Ramy/Seki because of extreme lamness elsewhere and really terrible artwork here. If you'd move on and quit harping about how unfair it all is and how terrible the woot community is you'd probably get alot less negative attention.

Adder will probably always slam you, but he slams just about everybody, if you can't handle a little grief from him then you are truly lost.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
bassanimation wrote:snip

You act as if people treated you poorly from the get go. Get over it. You made your bed so don't be surprised when you have to lie in it.

SirSquinty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SirSquinty

Hey look where whining got you? It won! Wah wah wah, call the WAHMbulance! Meanwhile I'll be celebrating another win for Ramyb! In fact, I already bought it. So there!

tynguyen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tynguyen
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=37554]Inspired by

awwww, what a bummer..i just hope this is one of those 3

knickers22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knickers22

I sure hope this shirt prints because, in my opinion it is the best by far! I am obsessed with owls. I would buy several, because I know many people that would love this shirt as well! *Fingers crossed!*

Kaija

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaija
re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry.aspx?id=37554]inspired by

LOVE THIS!! I adore gingerbread men/houses, gumdrops, & "xmas candy" themed stuff all on its own but mixed w/the musical aspect & the play on the famous xmas song (which is one of my favs) this is a must buy if it prints. I hope it does! I'm not a fan of this new 6-print fog. Getting our hopes up more than before only to find our favs prob. aren't printing. *sigh*

Good luck OP -- hope it prints!

"Me like the Robert Downey Jr. of Cookies!" - Cookie Monster on the Colbert Report.

kookook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kookook
Re: Inspired By Silent Night

I really hope this gets printed here...
If it doesn't work out on shirt.woot! and you end up getting it printed somewhere else, please let me know! I'd totally buy it. :D

intel617

quality posts: 1 Private Messages intel617

how do we tell when votes close?

thirdeyeblindedn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thirdeyeblindedn
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=37608]Inspired by

what is the animal supposed to be?

kitkat7712

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kitkat7712
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=37520]inspired by

I <3 this Shirt!!! I would buy at least 2 if it's for sale, you hear that shirt.woot? 2 whole guaranteed sales, what more incentive do you need?

dankoni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dankoni

Someone is a little bitter. I was going to quote one of your posts as an example, but pretty much all of them work. You're a good artist, no doubt, but this doesn't even come close to fitting the theme.