bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester
Narfcake wrote:"One day, one deal."

Uh huh ...

Is the change also responsible for the bottom dropping out of the voting for derbies? They've pulled out a lot of stop recently trying to get the numbers up (specialty ink, celeb designers, etc.) but nothing really seems to work. Do you think it's due to the new shirts as well, or a shift in the online graphic t shirt world in general?

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
bluejester wrote:Is the change also responsible for the bottom dropping out of the voting for derbies? They've pulled out a lot of stop recently trying to get the numbers up (specialty ink, celeb designers, etc.) but nothing really seems to work. Do you think it's due to the new shirts as well, or a shift in the online graphic t shirt world in general?

It's a contributor. Wading through more products = less time spent at any particular Woot page.

Likewise, the blanks have turned off many, in which case, why vote what they won't buy? Okay, so I even double vote for some designs, but I still get hopeful that they'll be short of that color's blanks on print day too.

There have been many more crowdsourced t-shirt sites in the past few years, spreading things out thinner for the consumer, so "extra" aspects like voting in the derby gets tossed on the aside.

pheonixphire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pheonixphire

The new "woman's" sizes are HORRIBLE! The cut and fit is exactly like a men's t-shirt. I thought I received a men's size instead by mistake and gave them to my husband. Which fit him well. Don't think I'll be ordering any more

goddess63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goddess63

Yeah, the new t-shirts are sheer stupidity. I ordered a Woman's large and had to contact customer service because I thought they sent me a Men's shirt in error. Their answer was that there IS a difference in the two sexes and that the difference is...wait for it...a different color tag. Uh.... what? I suspect whoever is in charge of this has never actually seen a woman and doesn't realize we want a different style. You know, something like with a slightly lower neckline and some sort of shape in the body other than the manly box I received. Needless to say I won't be wearing this t-shirt even though I LOVE the design. So sad, but I guess that'll be the last time I buy a "woman's style" from Woot.

sittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sittle
bluejester wrote:Is the change also responsible for the bottom dropping out of the voting for derbies? They've pulled out a lot of stop recently trying to get the numbers up (specialty ink, celeb designers, etc.) but nothing really seems to work. Do you think it's due to the new shirts as well, or a shift in the online graphic t shirt world in general?

I totally agree with you, I think it's pretty obvious that the decline in interest and sales of shirts here has to do with the introduction of the Anvil blanks.... Some of the better designers have disappeared from here, and the vote counts for winning shirts is laughable when compared to when woot used AA blanks.

Anvil makes a lousy tshirt. It's poorly made, oddly shaped for most, and cheap material.

It's nice to see capitalism at work... people are speaking with their wallets right now, too bad no one is listening.

That being said, I'd gladly pay more for an AA!

jroth420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jroth420
sittle wrote:I totally agree with you, I think it's pretty obvious that the decline in interest and sales of shirts here has to do with the introduction of the Anvil blanks.... Some of the better designers have disappeared from here, and the vote counts for winning shirts is laughable when compared to when woot used AA blanks.

Anvil makes a lousy tshirt. It's poorly made, oddly shaped for most, and cheap material.

It's nice to see capitalism at work... people are speaking with their wallets right now, too bad no one is listening.

That being said, I'd gladly pay more for an AA!

Hear hear!

dreamaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dreamaster

check my purchase history.

280 items. Most of them t-shirts - and one accidental purchase of a badly fitting Anvil that saws at my armpits when I wear it.

Please bring back Shirts that fit.

(no cash for you until you do)

j8048188

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j8048188

FYI,
The current Derby has Purple AA shirts.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
j8048188 wrote:FYI,
The current Derby has Purple AA shirts.

This is why I voted and bought a shirt. Hoping to buy another on Sunday.

poornate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poornate

I stopped buying... they are just a terrible fit.... too cheap.

emmegirly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emmegirly
goddess63 wrote:Yeah, the new t-shirts are sheer stupidity. I ordered a Woman's large and had to contact customer service because I thought they sent me a Men's shirt in error. Their answer was that there IS a difference in the two sexes and that the difference is...wait for it...a different color tag. Uh.... what? I suspect whoever is in charge of this has never actually seen a woman and doesn't realize we want a different style. You know, something like with a slightly lower neckline and some sort of shape in the body other than the manly box I received. Needless to say I won't be wearing this t-shirt even though I LOVE the design. So sad, but I guess that'll be the last time I buy a "woman's style" from Woot.

I just had the *exact* same experience this week! Contacted customer service because I thought they sent me a men's shirt and they told me they changed which blanks they're using. Not only is the new shirt way too huge for me to wear, but the quality seems significantly worse and the shaping of the sleeves and collar won't work for me.

Huge disappointment since Woot has been the only place I've been buying t-shirts for the past several years, largely because of the AA fit.

jroth420

Does anyone remember what the actual style/type of AA shirts that Woot used to sell were? I went to their site to just buy blanks for myself and there are like 100 different t-shirt styles to choose from. It's a little overwhelming and I just want the type that I used to get here.

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

I just got 1 AA shirt in a double random pack. It has the issues I had before with the "cuffs" having weird folds and creases in them... You'd think they would come out in the wash, but no. I even tried ironing and I can't seem to get rid of them. It's like they're not sewn straight or something.

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
jroth420 wrote:Does anyone remember what the actual style/type of AA shirts that Woot used to sell were? I went to their site to just buy blanks for myself and there are like 100 different t-shirt styles to choose from. It's a little overwhelming and I just want the type that I used to get here.

I believe they were AA style 2001.

Narfcake

jroth420 wrote:Does anyone remember what the actual style/type of AA shirts that Woot used to sell were? ...

Men = AA 2001
Women = AA 2102
Kids = AA 2105 or 2201

bsmith1 wrote:I just got 1 AA shirt in a double random pack. It has the issues I had before with the "cuffs" having weird folds and creases in them... You'd think they would come out in the wash, but no. I even tried ironing and I can't seem to get rid of them. It's like they're not sewn straight or something.

The wrinkled hems is a result of when they pressed the seams (using something much more massive than a home iron). On the product end, it's my big complaint I have about AA shirts, as a handful of mine do have this issue.

I'd take the occasional wrinkled hem over the shrinky-stretchy-and-doesn't-stay-as-soft-over-the-long-run-but-still-have-wrinkly-hems Anvils, though. As a followup to what I posted in the random AA shirts during the last shirt.woot-off, here's another length comparison with more recent shirts; pics I've posted previously were of early batches from over 1-1/2 years ago. In order from shortest (top) to longest (bottom), the 6 shirts are:

1. Fox Nouveau/Anvil
2. Schrödinger’s Equation/AA
3. Go Home!/Anvil
4. Free Hugs/NLA
5. Fresh Cake/AA
6. Wrong Droid/NLA

All are size ML. All the @RamyB shirts are regularly washed in hot (doggie slobber builds up) and dryer dried on high. The @Fishbiscuit, @Walmazan, and @SpiritGreen shirts have each been washed 3 times in cold and line dried. I included the NLA shirts to reflect how excessive the Anvil's shrinkage is, along with the aspect that they're the only non-AA shirts I currently have with similar enough wash cycles and care I can use to contrast with.

1. Anvil, dryer-dried, measured 26-7/8" in length = a shrinkage of 3-1/8" from spec.
2. AA, dryer-dried, 29-1/2" = 7/8" shrinkage from spec.
3. Anvil, line-dried, 29-1/2" = 1/2" shrinkage from spec.
4. NLA, dryer-dried, 29-5/8" = 3/8" shrinkage from spec.
5. AA, line-dried, 30-1/4" = 1/8" shrinkage from spec.
6. NLA, line-dried, 30-1/2" = lengthened 1/2" from spec.

2/4/5/6 were purchased new by me, 3 was an unwashed/unworn $3 thrift store find (unwanted random), 1 was a washed/worn thrift store find that was meh at the marked $0.99 but a great deal when it's 75% off.

jacobalfredo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jacobalfredo

Boooo! Boooo! You had the ideal shirts on your backs, and you gave them up! AA lives, and you sell another brand! AA shirts made you the online shirt emporium you are, and you toss them aside like garbage! And that's what you are, a purveyor of garbage. So buy them if you want -- buy them, buy the shirts of garbage, the shirts of boxiness, the shirts of canvas sailcloth. Boooo! Boooo! Boooooo!!

jaquadro

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jaquadro
Narfcake wrote:1. Anvil, dryer-dried, measured 26-7/8" in length = a shrinkage of 3-1/8" from spec

Ugh. My blue Runtime Error on Anvil did that. The length just disappeared. Even the printing is all rippled because the fabric under it has shrunk. It's now sitting on my Goodwill pile.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
jacobalfredo wrote:Boooo! Boooo! You had the ideal shirts on your backs, and you gave them up! AA lives, and you sell another brand! AA shirts made you the online shirt emporium you are, and you toss them aside like garbage! And that's what you are, a purveyor of garbage. So buy them if you want -- buy them, buy the shirts of garbage, the shirts of boxiness, the shirts of canvas sailcloth. Boooo! Boooo! Boooooo!!

AA is just mostly dead.

I keep an eye out for purple shirts.

Narfcake

Everything is not awesome!

An unwashed/unworn Anvil K10(*) has a neckline about as wide as a worn AA MXL (that's from the original run and has always been line dried, so there has been no heat-induced shrinkage over the years).

(* - I typically wouldn't have bothered even at the $0.99 I paid, but I like @kevlar's designs.)

dreamaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dreamaster

Gee - A price rollback?

If that fails will the highly damaged forebrains that were done by sticking an icepick up their nose and moved sideways to achieve the required comatose state sales people finally do what was asked by the people willing to spend a few bucks more for shirts that fit actually get a clue?

My guess is no. Dain Bramage can't be fixed in the new woot order.

It's not the price dolts. It's the Effing Shirt brand you use.

Marans with a capital O

smurfage

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smurfage

Scene: Boss with feet on desk, smoking a cigar. In runs a monkey sweating...

Monkey: "Sir! The numbers are in! They're not good... not good at all..."

*Boss yanks the paperwork from the monkey's hands*

"Gimme that... Let's sheee here... mfmffmfmmm mhm mhm... BAH! Rubbish. Let's shee... ah! I got it! Drop the prices! No no! Wait! Offer a two-pack.. for cheap! Wait no! Offer 15! Scratch that. Offer 15 two-packs! Heh! Yeh that's it! You get all that? 15! People like low prices, they'll buy anything if it's cheap! Yeh! Y'hear?! Don't forget the catalog! Yeh, that'll get em..."

*Taps cigar on ashtray*

Monkey: "Yessir got it sir! Right away sir!"

*Scurries out, paperwork flying behind him*

End scene.

jroth420

smurfage wrote:Scene: Boss with feet on desk, smoking a cigar. In runs a monkey sweating...

Monkey: "Sir! The numbers are in! They're not good... not good at all..."

*Boss yanks the paperwork from the monkey's hands*

"Gimme that... Let's sheee here... mfmffmfmmm mhm mhm... BAH! Rubbish. Let's shee... ah! I got it! Drop the prices! No no! Wait! Offer a two-pack.. for cheap! Wait no! Offer 15! Scratch that. Offer 15 two-packs! Heh! Yeh that's it! You get all that? 15! People like low prices, they'll buy anything if it's cheap! Yeh! Y'hear?! Don't forget the catalog! Yeh, that'll get em..."

*Taps cigar on ashtray*

Monkey: "Yessir got it sir! Right away sir!"

*Scurries out, paperwork flying behind him*

End scene.

Applause. Applause. Bravo!

jlc40

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jlc40
jacobalfredo wrote:Boooo! Boooo! You had the ideal shirts on your backs, and you gave them up! AA lives, and you sell another brand! AA shirts made you the online shirt emporium you are, and you toss them aside like garbage! And that's what you are, a purveyor of garbage. So buy them if you want -- buy them, buy the shirts of garbage, the shirts of boxiness, the shirts of canvas sailcloth. Boooo! Boooo! Boooooo!!

I love you for this. TPB is my favorite.

deppster10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deppster10

I don't see how I can order any more tees, no matter how cute, because this new sizing in women's XL doesn't fit anywhere, not even remotely like the old-sized ones, which were PERFECT!!! This is sad because I looked forward to adding new ones to my already over-stuffed Woot shirt closet. Surely this nightmare will end soon and all will be right with the world again.

bryteyes44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryteyes44

I did not realized there was going to be a change in shirt suppliers because I only look daily at the newest shirt. I just received a shirt for my daughter and noticed right away the difference and after questioning Woot found out about the change. I ordered in March and still received mine by AA--thank goodness, or I would be very disappointed!

The newer shirts are rougher feeling without that soft almost silky feel and they seem heavier. The women's sizes must run a lot bigger because the small which I got for my daughter looks really big--almost the same as my old washed several times womern's XL!! Luckily I went for a small(almost bought a medium because from past experience the shirts running small to size). To me this shirt look like a man's--if they wanted them to be more figure flattering, why aren't they more shaped? I was told that you can tell by the label if it is men (dark blue) or women's (light blue).

I think from now on I won't be purchasing from Woot-first the price hike (which now includes tax, I first noticed this on my March 2014 purchase) and now the shirt blank change!!!!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
bryteyes44 wrote:I did not realized there was going to be a change in shirt suppliers because I only look daily at the newest shirt. I just received a shirt for my daughter and noticed right away the difference and after questioning Woot found out about the change. I ordered in March and still received mine by AA--thank goodness, or I would be very disappointed!

The newer shirts are rougher feeling without that soft almost silky feel and they seem heavier. The women's sizes must run a lot bigger because the small which I got for my daughter looks really big--almost the same as my old washed several times womern's XL!! Luckily I went for a small(almost bought a medium because from past experience the shirts running small to size). To me this shirt look like a man's--if they wanted them to be more figure flattering, why aren't they more shaped? I was told that you can tell by the label if it is men (dark blue) or women's (light blue).

I think from now on I won't be purchasing from Woot-first the price hike (which now includes tax, I first noticed this on my March 2014 purchase) and now the shirt blank change!!!!

Ummm...the changeover happened 2 years ago. Other than a few side sale items or specials, the dailies have been on anvil since what, February of 2012?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Ryballz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryballz

Just saw this thread for the first time.
Made the mistake of buying a couple woot anvil shirts.
They shrink like crazy except in the collar which inexplicably stretches.

Lots of cool designs lately, but anvil shirts are only slightly better than throwing my money in the trash because after I wash them once they're worthless.

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional

So what's the Deal with the "Also Available on American Apparel" in today's shirt? Is this a new ongoing thing or is it a special event? In other words is it ok to follow shirt.woot again or should I continue to ignore it?

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
D3lusional wrote:So what's the Deal with the "Also Available on American Apparel" in today's shirt? Is this a new ongoing thing or is it a special event? In other words is it ok to follow shirt.woot again or should I continue to ignore it?

So you noticed the american apparel shirts while you were ignoring it?

Nothing follows.

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional
taternuggets wrote:So you noticed the american apparel shirts while you were ignoring it?

Yes Amelia, I noticed it in one of the times some other site brought me to woot which seems to happen ever few months or so. I haven't checked woot daily or with any regularity since the switch.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
D3lusional wrote:Yes Amelia, I noticed it in one of the times some other site brought me to woot which seems to happen ever few months or so. I haven't checked woot daily or with any regularity since the switch.

It's just for this weekend.

Nothing follows.

gsedlak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsedlak

are you telling me they had an AA option and i missed it?

I really wish these (Everybody has something they're good at.)s would send out an email when they are printing on AA.

dlipetz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlipetz

IMO, the quality of the new shirts is vastly inferior to the previous supplier.

Quality of cotton is not as good, or at least does not FEEL as good.

Shape of shirts, specifically the neck, is out of proportion on large (2XL) sizes. WAY TOO BIG.

Just received THREE shirts that I will not wear. Who wants them? All are Mens 2XL

Visit Outside
Declare Your Independence
The Binge

No more Woot shirts for me. Jumped the shark with the new supplier.

semblare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages semblare

just adding my +1

i finally admitted i hate the anvil tees i bought a while back and scrapped them. (it takes me a while to come to terms with having wasted my money so i still wear things that look like crap just because i paid for them)

They're garbage and billow out below, makes me look like i'm wearing a baby's dress.

still love my old AA shirts. pity i didn't get more when i had the chance.

as someone who doesn't check woot every day i tend to miss the one off AA options, so unless they switch back to being able to buy AA any time, I'm never buying from shirt.woot again

emberember

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emberember

Adding my two cents.... please bring back AA!

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis

Yeah, I think I'm done buying woot shirts unless they're on AA too. I didn't mind Anvil at first buuut...they just aren't the same and I can't keep getting shirts that don't fit well.

josienutter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages josienutter

Just wanted to pop in to say I absolutely hated the old women's AA tees (I usually resorted to buying XL children's shirts because they were a surprisingly better fit, shorter for petite folks, and didn't have those annoying cap sleeves), and I am a huge fan of the fit of the new Anvil tees. I don't feel like they're painted on; with measurements of 36-28-38, the women's Medium is loose enough in the bust and hip to be comfortable and work-appropriate, while the feminine cut comes in at the waist enough to make me feel like I'm not wearing an unflattering, shapeless men's/unisex tee. Thanks, Woot!

There might be something to people's suggestion about having Anvil for curvier women and AA for skinny folks though.