thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert

thatrobert

thatrobert

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
mia3mom wrote:kewl. I love your bricks. don't know the song, but it's still a different take on the alphabet - I'm impressed that anyone can come up with something unique after over 200 entries!

last entry, ftw!

Here's the video. After watching, you will then know the true joy that is a unipine.

kbgmaslow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kbgmaslow
brendaa wrote:I would love this but the braille us unlike any I've seen. 8 dots to a cell???? My daughter is blind, and wants this, but all the braille we have ever seen is a 6 dot cell. I know nothing of Latin, or if that would make it different, but this just looks odd to me. Voted for it anyway, but I wish you'ld make it a 6 dot cell.

They rejected someone's shirt.woot submission for having braille in the 6 dot cell format which is why I used the 8 dot cell format. Here are some of the pages that I used in my research.

http://braillecode.com/
http://deafandblind.com/

I would LOVE for your daughter to have this shirt. If it doesn't get printed here though I have some other sites I might submit it to. I didn't finish it until last night so I don't think it's really going to have a chance to get the votes that it needs.

-Barry

OpDopKaChop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OpDopKaChop
Re: problem ociffer?

i don't even think i'd be able to do it if i was wearing this shirt!

burtonrider404

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burtonrider404
Re: Alpha Battle

t-shirts, you all are talking about t-shirts. do you realize this? wow....................................

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
derekfilley wrote:very nice.

I want me an 'acme' velociraptor. (also, i love how your little diaper egg made a cameo ;-)

Egg is much happier in this one. =P Much thanks, sir!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

fleamarketadict

quality posts: 11 Private Messages fleamarketadict
fleamarketadict wrote:I'll be amazed if this doesn't end in the fog....

guess I was wrong, but in my defense I made my first comment before Jamescho made his submission. That guy could draw an ostrich trying to fly and people would vote for it.

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

volxcano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages volxcano

Thanks! I'll see if I could get it onto another site.. and yeah I posted the keys in the first comment. The last two letters represent Lan Party. =p

mlander

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlander
pineconebryce wrote:W is on both sides. If it's a W on one side, it's a W on the other...

and the eye is pac man!

jmoehrle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmoehrle
Re: Color Blind

I AM colorblind... and I can see it fairly well. It's a nice idea (and I probably would wear it) but the shirt's not colorblind enough.

Beer has food value but food has no beer value - Orin Smith

eHalcyon

jmoehrle wrote:I AM colorblind... and I can see it fairly well. It's a nice idea (and I probably would wear it) but the shirt's not colorblind enough.

There are different kinds of colourblindness though. The most common is red-green, I believe. The dots here don't look all that red to me though...

mlander

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlander
Re: Alphabet Dragon

Actually, now that I look at this again, he says the yellow eye is the C. However, the bottom of the E (the bottom of the mouth) is clearly a second C as there is no reason to make it separate from the E and in a C shape. He probably threw that in as a C and forgot he already had one when making the eye or vice versa.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
mlander wrote:Actually, now that I look at this again, he says the yellow eye is the C. However, the bottom of the E (the bottom of the mouth) is clearly a second C as there is no reason to make it separate from the E and in a C shape. He probably threw that in as a C and forgot he already had one when making the eye or vice versa.

I believe that is the U.

tank45

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tank45
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=14339]Quick

NICE~!

coachferrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coachferrell

this is my favorite, it just has to get in!!!

coachferrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coachferrell

u can go ahead and take my money for this one

kbgmaslow

Re: Why blind people don't drive

I was people would ask for clarification on a design before deciding to try and get someone's submission rejected. Here are the capital letters ... I think someone was looking at the wrong lettering or lower cases when the decided to get my design rejected.

http://8dotbraille.com/8-dot-braille-capital-letters.html

No justice .. shirt.woot needs to step it up.
It's sad if you ask me.

soothedbyrainfall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall
shan24 wrote:Hey soothed! I just wanted to let you know that I am wearing one of my favorite Woot shirts today, Snake Bouquet. I probably wear it the most out of all of mine. keep designing!

Cool! If you ever have a photo snapped while wearing it I'd love to see it. It's so thrilling to see other people wearing your work, but I'm sure you know that ;-)
I most certainly will keep designing...even though I take a break periodically I'm really a derby junkie!

soothedbyrainfall.net

jpfaltz001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpfaltz001
kbgmaslow wrote:I was people would ask for clarification on a design before deciding to try and get someone's submission rejected. Here are the capital letters ... I think someone was looking at the wrong lettering or lower cases when the decided to get my design rejected.

It's sad if you ask me.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I can not view the hi-res image), but is the first letter in the second line 'E'? And the heading of the right-most column "line #"?

If so, that would be 2 'E's.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
kbgmaslow wrote:I was people would ask for clarification on a design before deciding to try and get someone's submission rejected. Here are the capital letters ... I think someone was looking at the wrong lettering or lower cases when the decided to get my design rejected.

It's sad if you ask me.

Please see my response in the other thread you made this complaint in.

twenty7checlers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twenty7checlers
OpDopKaChop wrote:i don't even think i'd be able to do it if i was wearing this shirt!

total rip off of previous entry http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=14327

twenty7checlers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twenty7checlers
AdderXYU wrote:I find it very hard to believe that this took you so long to put together that you didn't have time to see the 400 other identical concepts that went up over the weekend

I don't see any with this idea. Look again.

kbgmaslow

jpfaltz001 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong (I can not view the hi-res image), but is the first letter in the second line 'E'? And the heading of the right-most column "line #"?

If so, that would be 2 'E's.

The 1st braille letter in the 2nd row is an 'H'.
All the letters that I used were in the capital form .. like an eye chart uses.
This link can clear that up for you.

ldingledine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ldingledine
Re: Muddled Whispers v.2

This design is fabulous.

eHalcyon

kbgmaslow wrote:The 1st braille letter in the 2nd row is an 'H'.
All the letters that I used were in the capital form .. like an eye chart uses.
This link can clear that up for you.

I added some information to bluchez's response that may help clear things up for you, because I think you misunderstood what he told you. The reason for rejection given here may be incorrect, but I'm afraid that your design would likely have been rejected anyway. My response is here.

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69

Re: Letter Frequency

Wow, this shirt never saw hotness until sometime this morning and now there it is sitting at the top, and moving up the ranks! Thanks for all the votes and comments!

eHalcyon

sokowa wrote:Ya, it's a lot this week. but 1.) I've been sick (so not much else to do) and 2.) I can't submit next week. So gotta get it all outta my system now :D

Why can't you submit for the next derby? You could have spent some of the time here on entries for the next derby...

almeida

quality posts: 0 Private Messages almeida
Re: Alphabet Hamlet

I like the design, but the actual quote is, "Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio...." Sorry for nitpicking!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Word Rabbit

Very cute! I really like the cape. My son likes the bunny, and it's one of the few shirts he can identify all of the letters.

Perque

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Perque
mjc613 wrote:Unless you show that they are otherwise, woot may decide that your design has too many O's.

As well as As Capital A, Lower case a

llonvent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llonvent
redghia69 wrote:Thanks Squid! A little geeky perhaps, but I think anyone would be interested enough to take a second look. Hopefully the night crowd (who seem to dig the math/science type designs a little more) will find it and help with the votes! Not that we have to wait 'til then....

Glad I'm one of those who took a second look. I like it. Got my vote.

CalvinThornaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CalvinThornaw
twenty7checlers wrote:total rip off of previous entry http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=14327

I wouldn't really say that. The other one was boring. This one is funny. And besides, grate minds can think alike.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Muddled Whispers v.2

Sokowa- I must have missed this one. I love it. Quirky fun and very creative. Not the whimsy spooky style that I usually associate with your designs. I really enjoyed your description! grate job. Just added my vote!

skeeordye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skeeordye
Re: problem ociffer?

sorry if it looks like a rip, but I was actually working on it before that one was posted. I just saw that other one now and figured someone would be pissed

CalvinThornaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CalvinThornaw
Re: Girl with Gun

...All the letters are there. They're black, and on her body.

Joking of course.