anniem2975

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anniem2975
Re: Inspired by Let It Snow

This soo cute. Why not sell it we Love it :0

aab123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aab123
Re: inspired by let it snow

Bravo! This is great - I'd love to just watch people try to figure it out....

magikaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magikaru
Re: Inspired by The Cat Carol

I hope this gets an honorable mention.

amarketingsmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amarketingsmith
starrynite211 wrote:Agreed. Fixed up Mr. Hippo because I wasn't happy either. Maybe you'll like the new one a bit more?

I love this song and this shirt! However, I certainly agree with the feedback- the hippo reminds me of a bulldog. Hope you create one that both you and everyone else can adore.

joelowe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joelowe
Re: Inspired By Mele Kalikimaka

what a great shirt. where can I get one?

wisesage

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wisesage

I just read this comment thread, and I thought I would add my two cents.

First concerning whether or not this is on topic. Trying to define art is like jumping on a trampoline and declaring that the atmosphere only extends as high as you are able to jump. Not only is it incorrect, but incredibly shortsighted and self-centered. Art is not only about reinterpreting what other people see, it's also about making them ask "Why did the creator feel this was art?" At our local art museum in Kansas City, there is a piece of art that is nothing more than a multicolored, straight piece of neon lighting. I thought it was part of the security system before I saw the plaque for it. Once I knew it was an exhibit, it was really fun to watch other peoples’ reaction to it and see them ask themselves “Why?” In the case of this shirt, the artist is trying to express things that are normally load, but have been silenced for the night. The loud screech owl with duct tape shutting it up, the boom box that is silenced by the headphones, and the fact that owls can fly pretty quietly anyway, all cast on a dark and still night. While it may not be the way that YOU would have done it, it is no less valid. It is merely making you ask “Why?” and perhaps “How?”

Second on the validity of the artists work. I have to compliment Jewelwing on her composure under peoples’ scrutiny. (you are a she, right?) It is impossible to satisfy everyone in this matter. If she hadn’t used source material, then it most likely would have looked cartoony or wrong somehow, and people would have been mad that she didn’t do it well enough. If she had copied it directly, then the law gets mad and bad things happen. There is a balance, and I think she found it. There is really only one critic that she needs to please, and that is herself. Clearly she has done so, and the rest of us get to enjoy her work with her if we choose to. Complaining about valid techniques is like showing up to a race barefoot and complaining that the other runners have an unfair advantage because they have running shoes. It was your choice to come to the race barefooted. I can see your case if they are using rollerblades, but the methods that she used are common and acceptable to the industry. That is not to say that running barefooted is not a valid technique as well. That’s how the Kenyans do it, and they are some of the best in the world. But to complain because someone does it differently (and it can be inferred, better) than you is simply childish, and when I come to power it will be reason for banishment. As third parties, we are not responsible for these judgment calls. Just by using the site we agreed to be governed by the Rejectionator. So stop your whining, it isn’t doing anything and it is annoying the rest of us.

By the way, great shirt.

sometimes i like to put on the cape and scream like a monkey.

wisesage

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wisesage
bethlehemstarr wrote:I think this is the best post of the entire derby.

I'll agree to that

sometimes i like to put on the cape and scream like a monkey.

maegwen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maegwen
Re: Inspired by The Twelve Days of Christmas

I'm somewhat new to Woot. Can someone tell me if ?/whatever means what I think it means -- no votes? Because I don't really understand how this shirt has no votes -- I voted for it!

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
maegwen wrote:I'm somewhat new to Woot. Can someone tell me if ?/whatever means what I think it means -- no votes? Because I don't really understand how this shirt has no votes -- I voted for it!

the ? means the shirt is in the "fog of war" (the top 9). The vote total is hidden so that it remains a mystery which shirts are actually going to be printed. The vote total for this shirt will be revealed when either it prints (if it was in 2nd or 3rd), or the actual 2nd and 3rd place designs print.

maegwen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maegwen
xazothia wrote:the ? means the shirt is in the "fog of war" (the top 9). The vote total is hidden so that it remains a mystery which shirts are actually going to be printed. The vote total for this shirt will be revealed when either it prints (if it was in 2nd or 3rd), or the actual 2nd and 3rd place designs print.

Thank you very much! That makes things much clearer

fiyero49

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fiyero49
Re: Inspired by Do You Hear What I Hear

"If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?"

Domenator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Domenator
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=37606]Dominic - Inspired by

I really like this shirt! Very cute design. I wish it had gotten more votes.

drgribb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages drgribb
Re: Inspired by Winter Wonderland

This is a really awesome shirt design and unlike most of the other entries for this derby, I could totally see myself wearing this at any time of the year. I'm really surprised there wasn't more interest in this. Especially with the added hype of the movie coming out in March. Pretty original and clever too.
Aaaand I'm just a huge fan of Alice in Wonderland. Please please please any chance you might print this somewhere else? I would definitely buy one if you did. This design is way too good to not let it get printed somewhere.

apeirophobia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apeirophobia
Re: Inspired by Winter Wonderland

I think you guys are forgetting that when you vote, it's not on the artist and all of their work, it's just on this ONE DESIGN. So even if you think ramyb's style is getting really old fast, if you like this particular shirt, then that's all that matters in this case.

ramyb: you've got a cool thing going - people like it and it's selling. It's your style, I get it. But you may have to change it up (more Santa-esque stuff) or apply your style differently before everyone sees your stuff and says "YAWN." Think of it like your portfolio when applying to art school...

gurlonfire2004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gurlonfire2004

I love this one so much!! I hope it prints!

snowballinguam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowballinguam
jasneko wrote:And thanks so much akumachan too!

THOSE BIRDS ARE SO CUTE!!

nutzwith4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nutzwith4
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=37554]Inspired by

I love this, did woot sell it yet?

kenlax00

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenlax00
kitkat7712 wrote:I <3 this Shirt!!! I would buy at least 2 if it's for sale, you hear that shirt.woot? 2 whole guaranteed sales, what more incentive do you need?

Same here. The girlfriend is devistated that this one didn't hit the top 3. That's THREE whole sales.

shykat20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shykat20
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=37520]inspired by

I LOVED this shirt.. I really wanted it and would have gotten at least 2. One for myself and one for a Christmas present for my friend... Ugh.

m3atwad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages m3atwad
Re: Inspired by You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch

I'd love to wear this shirt :D

danephewx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danephewx

I really wanted this shirt. If it prints somewhere else after the next run someone has to tell me.

marker101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marker101

Extremely Awesome shirt. Would have loved to have one. But the wooters said otherwise

recent woots:
Only a few.

lopez0131

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lopez0131

Did anyone even buy those shirts that won? I so wanted this one. =(

41susan14

quality posts: 7 Private Messages 41susan14

Want this shirt. Want to give it as gifts. Want. Want. Want!

41susan14

quality posts: 7 Private Messages 41susan14

Want this shirt. Want to give it as gifts. Want. Want. Want!

beaker79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beaker79

oh man, I want THIS shirt for Christmas!!!

brianv78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianv78
Re: Inspired By Mele Kalikimaka

Hrrmmm idk. That's an Easter Island head, which has no palm tress, and is on the opposite side of the world as Hawaii. I'll assume u meant a tiki head... but it's still cool. Looks like a beer ad.

Lomky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lomky
cabinboy100 wrote:Like a spirit of winter... with tube socks! But then, I suppose a spirit of winter might need the socks. But no boots? A wonky ambiguous holiday shirt. I like it. =)

p.s. Why the socks?

To keep its feet warm, duh.

choiceweb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choiceweb
Re: inspired by HERE COMES SANTA CLAUS

I hope you get this printed up somewhere!

pledell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pledell

Jaden - is this available somewhere else, if not on woot?

twilbur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twilbur

Ditto here. Disappointed shirt.woot'ers in this household, definitely would have bought one.

bjewell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjewell

I voted or this shirt because I would have purchased it in a heartbeat!!! I was severely disappointed when it didn't print as it is my favorite Christmas song ever! How can we get it printed? someone please tell me.