Mavyn

quality posts: 24 Private Messages Mavyn
mickeefynn wrote:Holy moley! These Anvil shirts are all around much smaller than to older shirts. Here are the measurements I got when comparing in my usual size women's L.
The old Woot Brand
chest 21"
waist 20"
hip 22"
length 24"
sleeve width 7"

The new Anvil Brand
chest 19"
waist 18"
hip 20"
length 25"
sleeve width 6.4"

What are they thinking??? I rely heavily on WOOT Ts. I am bummed that I will not be buying the Anvils.

Sounds like one of the mutant anvils...the 'new' anvils announced here were much larger than any of the American Apparel. Check this thread and share dimensions and pics of the label.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

choiceweb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choiceweb

Just got an Anvil shirt in the mail last week (Twin Peaks design). I'd heard they changed from AA awhile ago, but this seems like the first one that just says Anvil and not Woot.

mimms1701d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mimms1701d
choiceweb wrote:Just got an Anvil shirt in the mail last week (Twin Peaks design). I'd heard they changed from AA awhile ago, but this seems like the first one that just says Anvil and not Woot.

I've the Feeling they changed again... and not the supplier, but the Quality. I don't know if the "old" WL-ones i bought were anvil (they had only a woot tag), but I know they were made in Hondouras. I received 2 anvil Shirts so far (bought in WL too), that have an anvil tag and are definitely smaller, shorter and thinner Quality of the fabric, sompared to the old ones. Have to wait till washing day to find out if they shrink more, but i will definitely complain about this.

uvgoth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uvgoth

Women seem to need a size up but I'm loathe to spend money until I get the exact sizes, as the site still shows the old sizes on chart and we have no idea what the specs are for the new ones.

I refuse to buy more tshirts until this is resolved; size and quality issues.

Guess I'm stalking other tshirt sites from now on.

- One lost customer

Murphinator2000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Murphinator2000

If you are experiencing a sizing issue in 2014 (recently) there is a supplier issue as noted in:

http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5995240&pageindex=1

Please join the conversation there if you are seeing the issues.

dreamaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dreamaster
Murphinator2000 wrote:

Please join the conversation there if you are seeing the issues.

I think that's a bad idea. You would not be experiencing these bad shirts if you had stuck to AA.

I wonder if this thread is the longest lived one on woot - and it certainly speaks very ill of woot if it is.

saquack

quality posts: 2 Private Messages saquack
dreamaster wrote:I think that's a bad idea. You would not be experiencing these bad shirts if you had stuck to AA.

I wonder if this thread is the longest lived one on woot - and it certainly speaks very ill of woot if it is.

I agree. woot needs to go back to AA. We've seen enough of this anvil trash.

jbsil01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbsil01
saquack wrote:I agree. woot needs to go back to AA. We've seen enough of this anvil trash.

I completely agree. I was surprised by 2 Anvil shirts in my most recent order, because I wasn't aware of this change. The fit is drastically different in Men's XL, around the chest, length of the torso, and sleeve length. They are uncomfortable to wear, and shrink even more than the previous Woot! tagged shirts (which I guess was from AA?).

Woot! This was a mistake! Go back to AA before you lose all your loyal customers!

bobandirus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobandirus

As Woot don't seem to give a damn, I wonder if it would be a good idea for those who arn't happy with the new blanks to set up a new store? All the other web stores seem to only produce shirts with pop culture references, hence why I'd rather buy from here, but the blanks are aweful. I'd be more than happy to spend a bit more for a better shirt, as long as the non-pop culture art is available.

Narfcake

quality posts: 384 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

jbsil01 wrote:I completely agree. I was surprised by 2 Anvil shirts in my most recent order, because I wasn't aware of this change. The fit is drastically different in Men's XL, around the chest, length of the torso, and sleeve length. They are uncomfortable to wear, and shrink even more than the previous Woot! tagged shirts (which I guess was from AA?).

Woot! This was a mistake! Go back to AA before you lose all your loyal customers!

Made in USA = AA. On the top tag, men's have an orange !, women's a light blue !, and kid's a red !. Pre-2009 production shirts did not have a silhouette next to the size and included the text "by american apparel" on the under tag.

Made in Honduras or Nicaragua = Anvil. The men's and kid's have a medium blue circle around the !, women's is light blue.

bobandirus wrote:As Woot don't seem to give a damn, I wonder if it would be a good idea for those who arn't happy with the new blanks to set up a new store? ...

You mean like how the #1 volume artist here did one week after the change was announced? It's about 80+% pop-culture, though.

I've also been goading a certain octopus-bearing CEO on another site to do the same.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

Mavyn

quality posts: 24 Private Messages Mavyn
Narfcake wrote:You mean like how the #1 volume artist here did one week after the change was announced? It's about 80+% pop-culture, though.

I've also been goating a certain octopus-bearing CEO on another site to do the same.

FTFY. ;)

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

powerpuff3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powerpuff3

These shirts shrink too much!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:FTFY. ;)

@slydon approves!

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

bobandirus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobandirus
Narfcake wrote:You mean like how the #1 volume artist here did one week after the change was announced? It's about 80+% pop-culture, though.

I've also been goading a certain octopus-bearing CEO on another site to do the same.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge of shirt shops, but which ones would these be? Thanks!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

bobandirus wrote:Please excuse my lack of knowledge of shirt shops, but which ones would these be? Thanks!

@ramyb ventured out and started TeeTurtle.com. Woot still likes him for the $$ his designs bring in, though. That and the ad $$ he has bought on several occasions.

@snapster is the founder of Woot and ex-CEO; he runs meh.com now and on a few occasions, offered AA shirts.

bluejester

quality posts: 602 Private Messages bluejester
Narfcake wrote:@ramyb ventured out and started TeeTurtle.com. Woot still likes him for the $$ his designs bring in, though. That and the ad $$ he has bought on several occasions.

@snapster is the founder of Woot and ex-CEO; he runs meh.com now and on a few occasions, offered AA shirts.

Thanks for that little tid-bit of info, I wasn't aware that Ramyb had set up shop almost immediately after the blank switch. I just thought he tapered off here and then set up shop.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

bluejester wrote:Thanks for that little tid-bit of info, I wasn't aware that Ramyb had set up shop almost immediately after the blank switch. I just thought he tapered off here and then set up shop.

Actually, it wasn't even the following week, but the following day!(*) I wasn't aware of its existence until a couple months later when @jumbowoot posted about it and ads were running here, though.

It was a couple months after the 'grammar thread' incident before I bought anything from there. About half of what I've bought since are not Ramy shirts, but rather, by Boots, Fishbiscuit, Spiritgreen, Ochopika, Wirdou, WanderingBert, Dooomcat, and Walmazan, to name a few. I've only had one blank defect, which was promptly resolved, have yet to have a bad print (unlike here), and I haven't had to contact CS for anything since the "growing pains" stages in which the site crashed regularly and both CS and shipping was completely backed up; if that sounds like what another site is going through currently, it is.

---
* - I'm basing that on the "TeeTurtle turns two" promo email that I received on 2/22/2014.

back2b

quality posts: 0 Private Messages back2b

Thanks god! I found this thread.
I was about to put my first order in for at least half a dozen t-shirts.
Well, looks like I should consider myself lucky that I did not buy them yet.

Wooterologist

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Wooterologist
back2b wrote:Thanks god! I found this thread.
I was about to put my first order in for at least half a dozen t-shirts.
Well, looks like I should consider myself lucky that I did not buy them yet.

I'm glad I found this thread, but I am still so confused. I haven't ordered a shirt in a few years. The ones I have are a WL and they fit okay if a little narrow at the shoulder after washing. I want to order another shirt but have no idea if I should size down or up. Is the current size guide really not accurate?

manhandsha

quality posts: 62 Private Messages manhandsha
Wooterologist wrote:I'm glad I found this thread, but I am still so confused. I haven't ordered a shirt in a few years. The ones I have are a WL and they fit okay if a little narrow at the shoulder after washing. I want to order another shirt but have no idea if I should size down or up. Is the current size guide really not accurate?

You probably want to size down, but the current sizing chart reflects the current shirt sizes.

bluejester

quality posts: 602 Private Messages bluejester

Almost at 1800 posts....

Criminy I wish that Woot would offer AA again. So many times I've put shirts in my basket and just let the deal expire because I can't bring myself to take the shirt gamble. Oh well. I still get some occasionally, but not the way I used to.

schneed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schneed

We've purchased over 70 shirts through the years before woo made the change to anvil blanks. The fact aline that they no longer wish to support an American company that does all its manufacturing in the US, providing jobs for us here in the states, and would rather outsource it's product to another company to save a few dollars is something they should be ashamed of. so I have a question for woot, if we are allowed to choose which images are produced on the shirts, why aren't we allowed to choose which blanks they are produced On as well???

blakflag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blakflag

I won't buy any more shirts until Woot goes back to the original AA shirts. All the shirts I bought after the change have shrunk to the point that my midriff is showing. And believe me.. my body type does not take well to that look.

9lifedeepblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 9lifedeepblue

Again, just brought a couple of shirts. Quality SUCKS! Buyer be aware´╝ü

klborton419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klborton419

Brand new shirt. The sleeve nearly came off. I think the quality is slipping. Gonna check the rest of my order and see if there are more.

klborton419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klborton419

Found another shirt with a hole! Not happy.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

blakflag wrote:I won't buy any more shirts until Woot goes back to the original AA shirts. ...

Refer to this post, or just click the link in my .sig ...

gwencallon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gwencallon

I can't stand the Anvil shirts. I wont be buying any more woot tees until they return to American Apparel and I signed the petition! Please Woot, return to your roots!

Bootes

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Bootes

Sorry for the repost, but I guess this should have gone in here.

I've been pretty unimpressed by Woot since the Amazon purchase and haven't bought much on here since then. One result of this is that I completely missed the switchover from American Apparel.

I came back to repurchase a bunch of old shirts, until I realized that you guys had switched away from AA. Just thought I'd let you guys know that you've lost my purchase and I'll probably stop bothering to come here completely.

conhopper

quality posts: 20 Private Messages conhopper

I just bought two of the front-page eggplant glow shirts.

Why?

Because they're on AA. That's the only reason I bought them.

derp

mouser882

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mouser882

When did this "also on American Apparel" option begin!? I'll be checking back daily if this is a permanent change. I spend too much time in work attire and have too many design t-shirts to just buy a bunch anymore (I had to dedicate a drawer, even), but I really hope something appealing comes up while this is an option as I'd love to support the return of AA blanks!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Only 3 weeks old, and I found a copy of Introverting at my local GW already ... which beats the previous records of 4 weeks from debut to thrift store rack. (All Anvils.)