narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
hoojeebo wrote:I'm sorry, I don't have anything particularly against this shirt, except that I don't get what's so grate about just an elephant on a shirt, & this yellow shirt is keeping Edgar's yellow shirt out of the fog (or at least I blame it for such). I don't get it.

ditto: nothing against this shirt or elephants, but i hate edgar being in 5th when i was really hoping to buy his lemon shirt : (

BaneRules

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BaneRules

*giggles* I can tell that this is made in MS Paint, but I have always loved this joke

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
SkekTek wrote:Here's the video. After watching, you will then know the true joy that is a unipine.

very cool. i rarely watch videos referenced here due to my kid-filled day. it's hard to know what is appropriate or not for little listeners. I'm glad i came back to this!

so sad for the unipine, though. (i am a sap)

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

Solsburyhill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Solsburyhill
Re: Without U, I'm Nothing...

Gosh, I can't believe this isn't getting more votes.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: G is for Grenade

I mentioned this over in the cyberpub, but I want a print of this in my kitchen & dining room!

the mix of whimsy and realism just fits my family to a T (heh). i think anyone with young kids can totally picture this happening in their house.

it would also be a reminder as to why I have 4 incomplete sets of bowls.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

Kyrosiris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kyrosiris
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=14339]Quick

It's adorable AND clever. I'd buy it. :3

dea007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dea007
Spotnik wrote:I find this design to be very amusing as well as a clever use of the theme.

I agree! I love how it looks simple, but it still uses the theme really well. I'm seriously impressed with this!

MOSMaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MOSMaster
burtonrider404 wrote:t-shirts, you all are talking about t-shirts. do you realize this? wow....................................

I agree! Dude this is a t shirt design contest! Chilllll and enjoy the fun of this design.

I mean lets face it there is no work of art submitted for this derby, how serious can you take this subject? The ABC's it's slightly childish, hence video games. I personally love all video games including 80's video games so Duh GMV!

As far as the pandering? OF COURSE YOU ALL SUBMIT TO WIN AND MAKE MONEY! DUH! If I had an artistic bone in my body damn staight I would be aiming for the popular vote! HELLO!

Again you all need to chill, do you realize this thread ha taken me to hours to read so much hatred. I always believed artsy people were calm, cool, and chil!

dea007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dea007
eHalcyon wrote:Egg is much happier in this one. =P Much thanks, sir!

The egg is my favorite on this shirt! Good job.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
dea007 wrote:The egg is my favorite on this shirt! Good job.

The egg appeared first in my submission for the previous derby here. =)

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

piezo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages piezo
seebach33 wrote:Yeah that, and the fact that there is geeky.....and too geeky. This crosses the line me thinks.
I'm glad you like it.

Ha ha. It is definitely geeky but still the design is cool even if you don't know that they are amino acids. Of course, the letters wouldn't make any sense then but oh well. ;)

savoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages savoy
Re: Mathematically Alphabetical

Looks like an egg being fertilized.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: i like books

Edgar's llo evolution shirt arrived today. Consolation for this one not being in the fog, I guess.

Aayla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aayla

This shirt is grate! I wish it had been here all week, I feel like it would be doing better.

THarrison525

quality posts: 0 Private Messages THarrison525
Re: KWYJIBO

KWYJIBO: A big, dumb, balding, North American ape with no chin.

Amazing reference; you have my vote!

kangasaurus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kangasaurus

llo on "qat" instead of "qap".... check out what "ship" would become....

God I have the mind of a fifteen year old.

npaco030

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npaco030

it would be better if there was no g, because it blew up the bowl

born2disturb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages born2disturb

What has been revised? Just shirt color? I love the design btw, and know several people who will too.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
npaco030 wrote:it would be better if there was no g, because it blew up the bowl

Unfortunately, the derby rules state that ever letter must be in the design once (and exactly once).

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

AnnaHaecherl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnnaHaecherl
Re: Throw it at the wall and see what sticks.

I dig the Rilo Kiley reference, but I'm not too sure about the design. Hail the unipine!

tjballew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjballew

bahhhh. it vacuums, all i can do is vote for the good shirts, i can't make other people less stupid..

maybe I'll start an elaborate scheme where I sign up for a bunch of those credit cards you get in the mail, then maybe I'll get those damn kitties and video game references out of the fog

llonvent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llonvent
Re: Monkey Play

Just wanted to give you a final "good luck" before voting closes in the day. I really hope this places in the top three.

sakidau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakidau
Re: A is for Alligator

This shirt is adorable, though it reminds me quite a bit of a shirt that I own from Threadless called "A is for Jerks" @ http://www.threadless.com/product/570/A_is_for_Jerks

irisheroticfilm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irisheroticfilm
Re: Color Blind

I really like the idea, but I am going to have to agree with jmoehrle--it's not colorblind enough. I can't exactly make out all the letters, but enough of them resemble their shapes that I can tell that it is the alphabet. If there were a shirt with a more professionally looking colorblind test, it'd have my vote.

Stexe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe
nicyoungblood wrote:from far away it looks like sponge bob square pants on acid.

I thought the EXACT same thing! Reminds me of all the silly disgruntled SpongeBob artworks people make. Another reason why I wouldn't wear it :-/

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
savoy wrote:Looks like an egg being fertilized.

XP

2 years of wooting, and this is the first thing you've had to say on ANY design? Jeeze

jabbasi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jabbasi

I would like to say I love this shirt, and even though Xavier looks like a Bear i will still buy this shirt

Shirt.Woot Purchases -
30 Shirts for Myself (15 Random)
9 Shirts Given to Friends
Most Recent Purchase: Random x3

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Re: z iz for zzzz

In my opinion, this is not only the best shirt in the derby this week, it's also one of the best shirts ever entered in any derby.

Excellent color choices as well

jandt4ever07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jandt4ever07
mjc613 wrote:Edgar's llo evolution shirt arrived today. Consolation for this one not being in the fog, I guess.

OOO!!! Can you post a picture?? I ordered one but it usually takes 3-5 weeks for my woot stuff to get here

~By Edgar R. Mcherly

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: i like books

This needs to be back in the fog!

EWojcik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EWojcik

I really wish this shirt would make the fog. This is right up my alley.

I'm starting to get concerned with the Woot masses. I haven't had a shirt pop up that I was interested in since the 'lime in the coconut'.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
2thFairy wrote:This needs to be back in the fog!

There's a woot-off going on. Get all your friends to buy junk and then vote for this!

Caligumby

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Caligumby

I bet cho LOVES the controversy that goes behind every single shirt that he puts up. It not only shows that people watch his work, but he gets constant advertisement from everyone which is only getting more people to look at his shirts.

Howard Stern is one of the most hated and loved DJs on the planet and a large portion of his audience tune in BECAUSE they hate him. In this case, the forum trolls are constantly commenting on Cho's design thus forcing people to see it and see it again and the only person at the end of the week that is laughing is Cho and his growing bank account.

I admire the fact that he has the intestinal fortitude to stay away from posting in his shirt controversies. It shows he is a strong artist who understands the game. Besides that, why should he lower himself to the level of some of the people that comment here?

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Dawn01945 wrote:I like the concept, Skek. Especially how you create letters using different letters, like on the M.

Thanks! If I redo this for later sale, I think it'd benefit from having the letters less angular and more smooth.

SkekTek

AnnaHaecherl wrote:I dig the Rilo Kiley reference, but I'm not too sure about the design. Hail the unipine!

I'd normally do a better design for Rilo, but it was last minute and I barely got it in time. One day I'll do it justice, cause I love the song.

SkekTek

PeterHellmuth wrote:pretty good... the last line makes the least sense though.

I wholeheartedly agree.

SkekTek

Re: Text Pad

I like it. GMV

mlander

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlander
bluchez wrote:I believe that is the U.

ah yes, long live the alphabet dragon.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: Alphabet Dragon

Hey, everybody.
Sorry I haven't been around to comment in the forums... I've been super busy this week and (on top of that) my internet connection has been having trouble so even when I've had free time it's been impossible for me to get online and post. Thanks so much to everyone for their votes and comments... looks like I'm still in the fog but there's no way to know for sure just how far into the fog I am. Guess that all I can do at this point is hope for the best. Thanks again to everyone!

DragonStarlight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DragonStarlight
Solsburyhill wrote:Gosh, I can't believe this isn't getting more votes.

I appreciate that. Me either, for the record, but it's okay. This is my first woot derby, so I wasn't expecting much as a newbie.