bgtobe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bgtobe
badTchap wrote:I would love to wear this! The placement is different - not right on the chest which I like and origami is always great. I think the animal choice is right on. Anybody can have a cat or dog. How else are you going to get a pet elephant? GMV

Thank you. On this design I struggled with placement and shirt colors but i will continue to improve. I appreciate the good comments.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
badTchap wrote:Thanks for the input. If only woot offered some other shirt colors! Oh well. Gotta make due with what we have.

I wasn't going to respond to this issue, because it's completely invalid, but since you've brought it up again here we go... The emergency derby was over 2 1/2 months ago and I wasn't involved in it all! You can go back and look. No entries from me. (Didn't enter the panic one either for that matter. They were kind of similar & I didn't have any ideas on either subject!) So I never saw Edgar's design until that comment was made here. I didn't get the idea for this from anything other than the fact that I got a hedgehog last week and my fingers hurt a bit because, yes, they are prickly. It was on my mind and so I made a design about it. Please don't accuse me of copying another person's work.

Besides, subject matter can be handled by multiple people. Think about how many bird, trees, koi, ninja etc. shirts we've had here. As long as everyone does it in their own way, (and Edgar and I haven't very different styles) I'm guessing woot must be ok with that.

No, please don't get me wrong - I'm not accusing you of stealing the idea. I'm just saying that it's been done before. And yes there have been many birds, trees, koi, etc. but aside from the subject they've been (relatively) different. This and Edgar's design share the same idea - it's not just that both have hedgehogs, but they both have hedgehogs popping balloons.

Again, I'm not saying you copied Edgar at all. But not knowing about it doesn't mean it shouldn't matter. Other designs have been rejected in the past due to similarity to other shirts or even just comics, and most times the designers had no idea those other designs existed.

I hope you aren't discouraged by this though. You've been submitting great designs for a while now and I wouldn't like to see that stop.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: PET GIRAFFE - A KID'S DREAM

I have to say, one of my favorite parts of my drawing is the sky. I love the way little kids draw the sky way up high with a big gap of nothingness between the ground.

Kilagria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kilagria
Re: Pet Lovers' Welcome

the dog looks like that one dog from the comic strip in the newspapers, i cant remember what its called *giggles* but it has an evil sheep in it too.

Kilagria

Re: Some Puckers Look Like Their Cats

llo i thought he was throwing up

badTchap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages badTchap
eHalcyon wrote:No, please don't get me wrong - I'm not accusing you of stealing the idea. I'm just saying that it's been done before. And yes there have been many birds, trees, koi, etc. but aside from the subject they've been (relatively) different. This and Edgar's design share the same idea - it's not just that both have hedgehogs, but they both have hedgehogs popping balloons.

Again, I'm not saying you copied Edgar at all. But not knowing about it doesn't mean it shouldn't matter. Other designs have been rejected in the past due to similarity to other shirts or even just comics, and most times the designers had no idea those other designs existed.

I hope you aren't discouraged by this though. You've been submitting great designs for a while now and I wouldn't like to see that stop.

It's all good!

I'm very much against copying other people's stuff, so I just wanted to be clear that I didn't do that, that's all. But I'm not feeling discouraged. Like I said before, this is the biggest response I've gotten on an entry and it's been lots of fun - made better by the fact that it's about something I care about - my pet!

badTchap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages badTchap
Re: FETCH

Wow. Just saw this one. I think the illustration is great! Nice lines. The little picture doesn't really show how good it is.

Explodinggreenllama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Explodinggreenllama
Re: In Loving Memory of Captain Winky Parmesan

Dude......you stole my mom's idea! Hahaha, she tried to submit this to the VENT in our newspaper but nobody thought it was funny T.T

I love it! Too bad it had text and the design seems to be too big blah Dx

"I'm Snug the joiner, and I'm a man."
-Daniel Parvis, Midsummer Nights Dream

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Kilagria wrote:well first off this took me 3-4 hours to make on PHOTOSHOP, not powerpoint, and how dare you make an assumption that isnt true.

Who said anything about Powerpoint?

JadenKale

quality posts: 186 Private Messages JadenKale
LoreHera wrote:Too cute! GMV! Awesome!

Thanks LoreHera!

claraoc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages claraoc
Re: Vote for This When Pigs Fly!

I really like this design. It's simple, yet very elegant, and the girl has a nice nonchalant expression on. We wish for flying pigs so often...

tgentry

quality posts: 123 Private Messages tgentry
Re: Spike! v2.0

I hope this gets an HM or Editors pick or something. Simple yet clever and definitely wearable.

an52drew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages an52drew

leecetheartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leecetheartist
SydneyB wrote:

Another little point - if it is GREEK Myth, the name would be Heracles, not Hercules.

Or Herakles. :-)

But we all agree, it's a great image and certainly deserves more votes, and absolutely deserves the BL, congratulations!

If you like mythical animals, enjoy browsing my site! All of the work is my own. Why, yes, I've been doing this for a while now, why do you ask? If you're looking for my Woot entries they're here at my other site. Thank you for your interest!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: The Truth Behind the Hero

In the fog - I'm psyched!!!

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10
Re: Walking the Watchdog

Thanks for your votes everyone. This will be on my spreadshirt site in 60 days... unless it gets honorable mention.

gkmarie1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gkmarie1
Re: Cerberus

For shame... I was going to spring and buy my first shirt this month with this one!

Mowen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mowen
Re: I'm not prickley on the inside...

I absolutely love it! The colors add to the mood, it's supposed to be sad, but it's still funny and very well designed!

Mowen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mowen
Re: Betta Ben

I love it! The design is so cool, and the colors go really well together. I love bettas

fablefire

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fablefire
thatrobert wrote:

Thanks for the BLAward!

...and thanks for the continued support guys!

Wish real hard, and put a coin under your pillow tonight, and maybe the voting fairy will visit! =D

Pengoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pengoo
Re: Fetch, Damn Ye!

It's so sad!! That poor whale...he's trying so hard...

Pengoo

Re: The Bestest Summer Pet Ever

Absolutely love it. Maybe I just love dinosaurs....but this shirt is sweet.

eHalcyon

fablefire wrote:Thanks for the BLAward!

...and thanks for the continued support guys!

Wish real hard, and put a coin under your pillow tonight, and maybe the voting fairy will visit! =D

I dropped your two Threadless submissions from my sig - only one day left anyway.

I'm still holding out hope for Cerberus... one of the heads is in my sig now. Fingers crossed...

Pengoo

Re: Space Giraffe

hahaha, awesome. It makes me smile every time. =D

bootlegzani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bootlegzani
Re: At Home With The Imps

This better place but it might just be too late. Dammit.

fablefire

eHalcyon wrote:I dropped your two Threadless submissions from my sig - only one day left anyway.

I'm still holding out hope for Cerberus... one of the heads is in my sig now. Fingers crossed...

Aww... you picked the ferocious one! =D

...and toes... and eyes... and whatever else that can be crossed. >.<

eHalcyon

fablefire wrote:Aww... you picked the ferocious one! =D

...and toes... and eyes... and whatever else that can be crossed. >.<

It's the one that fit easiest into my 190x100 box.

Things that can be crossed... hot buns?

If this doesn't make it, what will you do with it after woot's hold expires? There are only a few non-winning derby shirts that I really want and, barring a miracle, this will be one of them.

Babylonian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Babylonian
Re: The Heaven Express

God I love this. So much more interesting and clever and beautiful than anything in the fog right now. Tragic if this doesn't win

ieatrulers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ieatrulers
BootsBoots wrote:Nice and simple. The green one someone posted is really good too, though. I hope you don't get people giving you c r a p about it

This is ridiculous.

bootlegzani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bootlegzani
Re: Time To Come Inside Sparky!

This shirt is ridiculous as in ridiculously good. I guess I can handle not getting the Halloween shirt yet again.

fablefire

eHalcyon wrote:It's the one that fit easiest into my 190x100 box.

Things that can be crossed... hot buns?

If this doesn't make it, what will you do with it after woot's hold expires? There are only a few non-winning derby shirts that I really want and, barring a miracle, this will be one of them.

I have no idea. Doesn't seem like a TL type of design. Maybe it'll get an HM.

eHalcyon

fablefire wrote:I have no idea. Doesn't seem like a TL type of design. Maybe it'll get an HM.

Hot buns crossed for HM.

If it doesn't make it on Woot, please wait until TeeFury has international shipping and then get them to print it.

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88
bootlegzani wrote:This better place but it might just be too late. Dammit.

It might not be too late if we all work together to get friends to get on here and vote. Hit the forums up and get people to vote for this one!

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

JadenKale

Re: Monster's Best Friend?

Thank you to everyone who voted! :D

JadenKale

Re: Playtime With Dustbunnies

Thanks to everyone who voted! I appreciate it! :D

wallyrit

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wallyrit
Josephus wrote:then why the popped balloons? -seems like a joke shirt.

The shirt opens so many possibilities of life's frustrations. Balloons just are not compatible with hedgehogs! LIke when some one gives you a gift of a primo tenis racket but you are a golfer and no good at all at tennis. Or maybe the hedgehogs has the opposite problem, maybe he was gifting the ballons. Like when you take flowers to you girl in the converble and they arrive all wilted and wind blown. It is sad but funny for sure. Or maybe the hedgehog just loves balloons like the 280 pounder whose life's ambition is to be ajockey. Maybe you see even other possibilities. Is it a joke shirt? Only in the sense that we have to be able to laugh at life.

585Russell70

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 585Russell70
Re: I'm not prickley on the inside...

Hedgehogs Rock. This shirt is just perfect. Rock On!!!!

PS. Sonic says hello.

rmorris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmorris
iris420 wrote:It's the innocent whistling that makes this shirt a total winner. Great job!

Yes, I can hear the tune in my head...nice touch! Who would've guessed that Timmy's been doggie-whipped all along?

leecetheartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leecetheartist
fablefire wrote:Aww... three-headed doggy of the dead. :3

For those who don't know, yes, he had (has) a snake for a tail.

A snake for a tail Indeed, and snakes for fur, but not many people depict that - even in the ancient world.

I gave it a try at http://www.cafepress.com/aliciasmith/615520

It's rare that modern artists depict the snake tail, so thank you!

I like your design very much, well done. GMV.

If you like mythical animals, enjoy browsing my site! All of the work is my own. Why, yes, I've been doing this for a while now, why do you ask? If you're looking for my Woot entries they're here at my other site. Thank you for your interest!

Kilagria

ansharp wrote:Who said anything about Powerpoint?

when i use clip art for school its usually because im making a slide show on powerpoint. And you could look on clip art if you want, theres nothing similar to my dog at all.