mactraveler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mactraveler
Re: Row Vs. Wade

i may buy one just to throw in my toolbox to wipe up oil stains.

or better yet, my fishing tackle box for wiping fish guts off my hands, which would be more in keeping with this abortion theme.

ps. i'm a die-hard liberal, and will alwaysbe pro-choice, but i don't think abortion should be turned into a joke.

buu2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buu2
Oldyeller89 wrote:*giggles*. I realized that I thought the reply button was an edit button without really looking :p. Thirsty Thursday doesn't start until tonight!

Nah. The phillies won last night so the party started early this week! Love this shirt. Amazing design. Haven't bought a woot shirt in months but will buy this one if I make it in time.

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles
Oeberon wrote:UGH!!! How did this make it into the fog? I absolutely LOATHE the beatles. They were the New Kids on the Block of the 60's. Why won't they die?!

Cool your jets. There's two down, two to go.

buu2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buu2
KayJayWhy wrote:Thank you for the comment. It did take me the entire evening and then a few hours the next day to do the shading. That's scanned straight from my sketchpad (and then divided into three shades of grey using the Threshold command in Photoshop).

Can it be that the shirt color I chose is the only reason this isn't getting votes? Or is the design itself not capturing the affection of the shirt.woot crowd?

Compare it to the other brain one that is doing well: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=24017 .
This one seems pretty empty and doesn't capture the imagination the way that one does. I want a shirt that really jumps out at people from woot. This has become my source of really creative shirts that make people double take when they see it. Yours is nice but doesn't really do that for me.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: FOOTBALL vs. FUTBOL - GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

The eternal football vs. soccer debate. To me football is like an exciting game of chess: complicated, strategic, each team taking a turn, plotting out a strategy, players fill out very specific roles like chess pieces. Soccer is like checkers, or a game you and your friends might invent in about two minutes if you were bored. You try to kick a ball into my net while I try to kick it into yours. We'll run around for three hours trying to do that. Or we can put the net in the air and call it basketball. Or on some ice and call it hockey. Comparing soccer to those sports makes more sense than comparing it to American football. In conclusion American Football is better. Flame away.

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
kristynk wrote:now you should do a rugby vs. football one..silly pads...

ha ha... good comparo to see on the toughness scale, but loses the futbol/football pseudo-homonym.

Love the action in this one, especially in the thumbnail (the football dotted line not so much, but kind of like a fun Family Circle comic trail). GMV, too bad it's so late!

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

paulkremer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer

Sorry, but the stick figures just don't do it for me. Regardless of how good the idea is, I'm just not a stick figure kind of guy. Couldn't wear it. I'm a little confused as to how this is placing so high, but it seems there's a placer each week that makes no sense to me.

rachel1aaron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachel1aaron
Waterstiller wrote:This is a real shame. I want this shirt to win so badly.

My condolences to the artist.

Me too.

paulkremer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer

Wow oh wow do I love this concept. Unfortunately, there's a few key missing ingredients that make this a no-go for me.

1 color design on white shirt = Sorry, but the complete lack of any color kills this for me. This would work so much better on a colored shirt or even if the right brain was colorful and the left brain was black and white. Even a creme shirt, but not white. I am so sad there isn't time for a resubmission!

If this places, I may still consider purchasing due to the absolute genius of the concept, but I would always be sad about what might have been with a splash of color.

Oeberon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oeberon
Re: Paper vs. Plastic

Why won't this stay in the fog? This is by far one of the best two shirts up there; the other being Row vs Wade. If that god-awful walrus would go away, this would be okay.

Imagine that! My Join Date is a palindrome: 8-11-8
It's finally available!

thegunn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thegunn
kiz5252 wrote:Come on, people! Vote! This is the only derby shirt I want to buy and I see my chances slipping away...

No kidding!

Oeberon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oeberon
JustJiggles wrote:Cool your jets. There's two down, two to go.

My response when I read that had my co-workers looking at me strangely. I love it!

Imagine that! My Join Date is a palindrome: 8-11-8
It's finally available!

mactraveler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mactraveler

yahoo! knocked out of first place by the Left vs. Right!

poetically & politically ironic.....

Bill d Cat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bill d Cat

I can't believe you said that.

There are two types of people in this world... guess you're an Elvis.

edit: This was supposed to be on the walrus thread. Beatles peeps vs. Elvis peeps. anyway, I'm going to lunch now.

cheesesandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheesesandwich
mactraveler wrote:i may buy one just to throw in my toolbox to wipe up oil stains.

or better yet, my fishing tackle box for wiping fish guts off my hands, which would be more in keeping with this abortion theme.

ps. i'm a die-hard liberal, and will alwaysbe pro-choice, but i don't think abortion should be turned into a joke.

Sweet, you finally came around! Thanks for committing to buying one.

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
Jykinturah wrote:I completely understand how two stick figures can completely trample some other pieces in the derby which have obviously had much more workmanship over this one just because it is funny to have a subtle joke printed on your chest. Not.

The same way Tuesday is gonna be rough trampled (pardon the pun) the competition. And how The cake is a liar is still for sale 50+ weeks later. At shirt.woot a good concept with simple execution trumps detail every time.

>insert funny quote here<

klawrence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages klawrence
chrisbarbar wrote:I will buy 3, but I also wish it came in a hoodie!

It's funny you said that because I was thinking about buying this & turning it into a hoody.

lynlynlora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lynlynlora
peppersabaddog wrote:i spent all week not commenting on this so i wouldnt jinx it.
and STILL you idiots voted up stick figures, clip art and people with bags on their heads over this. sometimes wooters just make me ill. srsly you guys are determined to have the worst options available every damn week. THANK GOD FOR DAILIES.

ho-lee carp. you take this wayyyyyy too seriously. there's no reason to be nasty. I agree with you, but still. There's no accounting for taste. (for the record, I didn't vote for the stick figures. I'm desperately praying that somehow this shirt got enough votes to be in third.)

Jimmy... Is That You?, F5 Refreshes You!, At Last We Meet..., When Life Gives You Lemons, What Kitty?, 1986: The Legend Was Born, New Kid In Town, Fat Unicorn, The Cake is a Liar, Plan B, Eight Fists of Death, Rampage Wear, Easy Optimism, Tuesday's Gonna Be Rough, The Epic Begins, One more gargleblaster!, The Original Blue Hedgehog, Sun Wukong, The Monkey King, Navy Seals, Running Wild, I'm Sorry, Winning the Race, Read a Book, How We Roll

...and very proud of it.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: The Walrus vs the Eggmen

Got my fingers crossed for ya man..

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
2thFairy wrote:Got my fingers crossed for ya man..

thanks 2th but if i have to lose i can't think of a better person to lose to.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Ghost Versus Vacuum

Just wanted to say you had a good run ghostie and I for one am sad that this shirt won't be printed. This is the only shirt I was going to shell out the $10 for. Congrats to the artist for getting this far. Keep up the good work!

SpastasticNomadic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic
Re: The Walrus vs the Eggmen

I'm holding out hope for a tie between this and fable's. A girl can dream, eh?

Marcopolohere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Marcopolohere
Re: Peanut Butter vs. Jelly

I really like this design...keep up the great work

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
SpastasticNomadic wrote:I'm holding out hope for a tie between this and fable's. A girl can dream, eh?

My thoughts exactly! Please let it be so!

peppersabaddog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peppersabaddog
lynlynlora wrote:ho-lee carp. you take this wayyyyyy too seriously. there's no reason to be nasty. I agree with you, but still. There's no accounting for taste. (for the record, I didn't vote for the stick figures. I'm desperately praying that somehow this shirt got enough votes to be in third.)

after over a year of watching this happen regularly to more deserving artists and designs, you would be irate as well. im just not as nice as dear travis ;)

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
peppersabaddog wrote:after over a year of watching this happen regularly to more deserving artists and designs, you would be irate as well. im just not as nice as dear travis ;)

oh sorry for the date discrepancies ;)
over a year indeed.
and this is why the designs here are less than stellar now. most of the good artists left already. some of us are barely hanging on to this place in a futile hope that joel will one day give a Manos, the Hands of Fate.

freescribbles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freescribbles
Re: Left Brain vs Right Brain

Want as tee or hoody.

aielli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aielli
Re: Old School vs. Old Old School

Seems rather phallic. Maybe it's just me...

tself87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tself87
Re: Fiction vs Non-Fiction.

that's unfortunate yours didn't get enough votes. wait 60 days and submit it to threadless.com. this kind of art is much more appreciated over there.

knightry

quality posts: 2 Private Messages knightry

I'd be in for one of these for sure. Great design, great execution.

Briany

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Briany
abelleauc wrote:I like this design, but I have to agree with geekfactor. This is the sort of thing that just fuels frustrations and flames; and there are too many flames already.

Yay! My design is fuel for frustration and controversy. As an artist, I couldn't be prouder . . . sniff.

chadwick2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chadwick2

Actually, you are wrong. I decided to look through my old Far Sides to find it. The picture is drawn slightly differently, but it is otherwise the same. Aliens, spaceship in dogs mouth, same phrasing...hell, his name is even Rex in the cartoon.

imperpetual

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imperpetual

andynu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andynu
Re: Left Brain vs Right Brain

Brilliant! I want one.

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional
Re: Hunter vs. Prey (Resub)

This is the only design this derby I would wear.

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
Re: South vs East

Ovaltina, my goat IT'S BACK! :O

Regardless of what happens, thanks for the support on this design guys.

If SvE does lose, be sure to go check out Toe's walrus, because it freaking rocks.

If we tie, then definitely go for the two-fer, because we both rock. ;)

soyokazefuhen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soyokazefuhen
peppersabaddog wrote:after over a year of watching this happen regularly to more deserving artists and designs, you would be irate as well. im just not as nice as dear travis ;)

Trust me...just wait until tonight, you'll find that what you said is pretty tame...

Koheran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Koheran

i think there should have been a baby in the rowboat xD

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
soyokazefuhen wrote:Trust me...just wait until tonight, you'll find that what you said is pretty tame...

yeah someone will be mad that their 37 uncles sacrificed their lives for the carp we get heh.
i cant wait

YouFongPay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YouFongPay
Re: South vs East

Awesome shirt and love the design of the dragon and the phoenix. Got my vote for this!