wicketswidget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wicketswidget
re: the samurai and the sea dragon

THis reminds me of the animation from Okami the wii game, (which i adored)

Shaylan Turner

Groksin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Groksin
Re: The Samurai and the Sea Dragon

Awesome drawing, and great color accents... but that red kanji makes the shirt way to busy.

Is there any chance for a last minute edit before it hits the store?

Bonecracker89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bonecracker89
Re: She Never Sleeps

I hope this shirt wins! I want to buy a red shirt, and this is the best one. The spork one isn't bad, but people outside of Woot aren't going to understand it unless you are in Japan... Someone also needs to make a really crazy awesome yellow t-shirt!

Carnage1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Carnage1
Re: Japanese Fighting Fish

I would definitely buy this shirt but in a different darker color.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Shannarie wrote:hey if you ever make this shirt. let me know. i will totally buy one. even if it isnt on this site. PM me if you do that. I looooove this shirt.

Ditto that for me.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

gumberculees

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gumberculees
runninblue411 wrote:Man, that really leaps into the vacuum. I've been looking forward to buying this shirt all week.

soldoutd - please let us know if this prints elsewhere.

look for it to be submitted under the name "radiomode" on some other website

cheekslikewhoa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheekslikewhoa

i want this shirt

alexanderjd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alexanderjd
mrwednesday wrote:For quite some time when ramy was still new many many many people attempted to post constructive criticism in the hope that he would stop submitting unoriginal, pop culture garbage. For a few weeks he pretended to listen but it basically boiled down to the fact that he can't produce anything clever or original. Basically everything he's printed is a mishmash of his first few shirts or a stolen idea from something else (kind of like his first few shirts).

And you might want to read the threads this week. The silent majority is tired of the same old scaffolding from ramy. Negative comments outweigh positive ones on all of his shirts this week and it's largely not the regulars. I'm sure we can expect two or three weeks of melting moonscapes since it's different enough for most people from his swirly fire/suns but they will tire of that too. After which his only option will be to make halftone robots until chibi animals are back in again.

And the point that everyone is missing is that they are defending their right to vote for unoriginal designs which aren't well done while also insisting that they absolutely care about quality and originality. There are always quality entries. There are always original entries. Sometimes there are both, but they are never ramy's. When you vote for ramy you are saying, "I want unoriginal, poorly executed designs to win over quality, original designs." No one can change the way you vote, but please don't act like idiots and pretend you don't know what you're doing.

You seem to completely fail to grasp the concept of "Silent Majority." In this thread I see two people knocking ramy (Adder and Wednesday.) That's the vocal minority. 253 +342 for the original) people voted for this shirt. That puts the haters in the minority. And you loudmouths are anything but silent.

As for comparing it to the two previous entries... the only similarities I see are the use of a parasol and curved lines. What else do you see similar? The use of a female subject??

Damnit Ramy, this is just like your last one... it's all, on a shirt, and with colors and stuff. >_< Spare me

xxrazoxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xxrazoxx

How do i buy this?

moonliver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moonliver

I'm sad that this one didnt make it. *frowny*

stargirl6878

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stargirl6878
databit wrote:Is that a spoon or a dinglehopper?

SPORK!

most def a dinglehopper...

drayuh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drayuh

I would seriously get it too!

Options should be reviewed! lol

i want it

BlindShooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlindShooter
drayuh wrote:I would seriously get it too!

Options should be reviewed! lol

i want it

woot has a 60 day period, according to their agreement, in which we cannot do anything with the artwork, so, for now, I think it will sit still

I'll be sure to print it afterwards though - I wonder if that would be too late.

Booperelli

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Booperelli
re: forget chopsticks...

I really hope to see this at midnight tonight.

The only thing I would change is to put it on cranberry (it IS on red, right?) because I have no cranberry shirts and I love the color.. but other than that, perfectly random.

drayuh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drayuh
BlindShooter wrote:woot has a 60 day period, according to their agreement, in which we cannot do anything with the artwork, so, for now, I think it will sit still

I'll be sure to print it afterwards though - I wonder if that would be too late.

meh, there's always Christmas :P

feix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages feix

oh man! Do 4th place Derby winners make a round? I was totally waiting for She Never Sleeps!

stevenneo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevenneo

sad tat tis did not get printed =<

haiz...............

grendelsmother

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grendelsmother

[quote postid="3437240" user="stevenneo"]sad tat tis did not get printed =<

GAH! Beaten by a SPORK? SERIOUSLY?

I hope that they print it eventually...

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
alexanderjd wrote:You seem to completely fail to grasp the concept of "Silent Majority." In this thread I see two people knocking ramy (Adder and Wednesday.) That's the vocal minority. 253 +342 for the original) people voted for this shirt. That puts the haters in the minority. And you loudmouths are anything but silent.

As for comparing it to the two previous entries... the only similarities I see are the use of a parasol and curved lines. What else do you see similar? The use of a female subject??

Damnit Ramy, this is just like your last one... it's all, on a shirt, and with colors and stuff. >_< Spare me

Consider the other two submissions and the comments there (especially Japanese things). Consider that ramy didn't even come close to breaking the top 10. Also consider that the "silent majority" will generally vote for anything ramy defecates out and put it at least at 4th. I'd say the silent majority has spoken. These derby submissions are trash.

roquas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roquas

Totally would have bought one. Waiting for the next editor's choices or double take derby.

Sad sad. 3XL of this would make a nice cover for old CRT-TV-Sets set to static noise.

TheMightyX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheMightyX

I think this shirt is so amazing. I preferred it far more than the spork. I hope to see this in a resub! It's so awesome! I saw it was a top 4 and I was like, "PLEAAAAAAAASE let it win! I WANTS one!!" Good luck next time.

TheMightyX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheMightyX
Drakxxx wrote:My homage to a notorious staple of Japanese Horror cinema, the creepy dead girl with the living hair.

Link to larger composition:
http://i27.tinypic.com/35chl6x.jpg

Thanks in advance for the support guys!

That's really beautiful. In Japan, the vengeful female ghosts are called Onryô (not sure about the O accent, I think it's right) and their origins are in Kabuki. I think you do amazing designs!

nekcod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nekcod

Great design, it looks really badass. Good work.

Foildisc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foildisc
Re: Issun-Boshi

without the bowl, it reminds me alot of Ponyo >.<

Faebinder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Faebinder

I want this please

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Re: Little hands

Post reject HM! Congrats!

beekergene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beekergene
Re: Spirit of the Mountain Pass (Re-sub)

hi, i'm new to this whole woot.shirt thing so i don't know how it works, but i felt i had to comment on this shirt since i like it so much. how do i order this shirt? is there a site where old shirts go? i hope it's not too late or it can be resubmitted or something. really like it.

cindiscott52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cindiscott52

spentfromnz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spentfromnz

Yeah surprised to see this get an honorable mention after it was disqualified, but the design does look pretty awesome on the shirt.

spentfromnz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spentfromnz

I feel pretty confident that this will make it through in the next round of double-takes. That is if the Woot guys don't decide to just go ahead and print it anyway in the meantime.

darkillsha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkillsha
Re: resubmit Lunch Time!

isnt that lunch in chinese?
the kanji for it is 昼御飯 (hiru go han)i believe

HollidayStudios

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HollidayStudios
darkillsha wrote:isnt that lunch in chinese?
the kanji for it is 昼御飯 (hiru go han)i believe

. . . you're probably right. . I just looked it up in a book I'm definitely no pro when it comes to proper kanji. . . thank you for letting me know though

littlepojo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlepojo
jasneko wrote:Aw.. stare all you like! Thanks so much!

I know I'm late on this but really sad the Japan fan design didn't win, I love it and I would have definitely bought one!

keep up the awesome designs!

Granarma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Granarma
imsochady wrote:This looks really neat, but the symbols seem disconnected to the design. I dunno .

I think the *characters* are fine, at least in terms of actual Japanese painting tradition, but then the style's a bit off for tradition, so... Meh. It's good to me!

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
beekergene wrote:hi, i'm new to this whole woot.shirt thing so i don't know how it works, but i felt i had to comment on this shirt since i like it so much. how do i order this shirt? is there a site where old shirts go? i hope it's not too late or it can be resubmitted or something. really like it.

This got an honorable mention so it will be resubmitted in the Double-take derby in a few weeks. Keep your eye out for it! and thanks for the interest

sutefani

quality posts: 8 Private Messages sutefani
Re: Folded Flight

i love everything about this shirt. *sigh*

JaimyT2002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JaimyT2002
Re: resubmit Lunch Time!

This Shirt is awesome! I love it! :D

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Sunset over Fuji

Since this design isn't an HM, I'm going to print it myself in a few weeks when the WootDeadline expires. Any suggestions for it, feel free to PM me.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Japan Fan

littlepojo wrote:I know I'm late on this but really sad the Japan fan design didn't win, I love it and I would have definitely bought one!

keep up the awesome designs!

I just came back to look to this thread and saw your comment... Thanks very much! And this design, Japan Fan, is going to have a second chance in the coming derby (because it got an honorable mention), starting tomorrow (Friday nov 6) at noon, so come out and vote for it!
Thanks very much for the comments and support!

Vote!

mikan36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikan36
Re: The Crane's Return of Favor

I don't know if anyone checks this anymore (probably not), but just for the record, I had this shirt printed on Cranberry & Navy shirts and am selling them for $15 each with all proceeds going to the Japanese Red Cross to help out with the earthquake/tsunami relief. To purchase one, please find my page on FB & message me there or email me (email is listed on the page).

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hanae-mikan36-T-Shirts/104610936247677

Thanks & hopefully this won't count as spam since it's for a good cause.. :[