polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil

Well, I've always wanted a copy of It Came Out of Nowhere but I told myself I'd wait until it was reckoned before I pulled the trigger. Guess now's the time!

claren44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claren44

If I recall correctly, ICOON was my 1st Woot! shirt. Farewell, old pal.

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

It Came out of Nowhere was my second Woot purchase, my first being the Dog Days derby Monopoly shirt. I had actually asked my wife earlier this week if she wanted one, given I was planning on purchasing 2 more for myself. I didn't think all the rallying was going to make ICOON fall below 20 and since you guys are talking about 4 shirts making the difference, I wish I had bought them! I could have saved it!

Anyway, I'll definitely be making my purchase tonight. Here's hoping it returns for a holiday promo somewhere in the future!

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

pureval

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pureval

I actually feel bad, so many times I came close to purchasing ICOON and never did for one reason or another. Maybe I could have saved it, but I never tried.

I think I may cry when (if) Nevermore falls. There should be some sort of shirt.woot retirement home.

It puts the crap inside the bag or it gets the hose again.

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady

I will add my voice to the chorus of regretful wooters who planned to buy ICOON but were lulled into complacency by it's quiet, unassuming presence. Earlier in the week I decided that there were 3 shirts that I would buy if they were in danger come Reckoning; Ninja II, Code of Arms, and It Came Out of Nowhere. I knew I wouldn't be able to woot from work today and both Ninja and Code looked shaky last night so I got them, figured I'd wait until morning and check on ICOON again. This morning it still looked good and again I chose not to buy... but it looks like we procrastinators are legion, because in the 7 1/2 hours since Narf posted numbers this morning ICOON has sold over 180 shirts. Narf, have you ever tracked the numbers for the 12 hours after a shirt is reckoned? It's fitting that ICOON will go out on a tide of sales - farewell

Narfcake

quality posts: 290 Private Messages Narfcake
crazydoglady wrote:Narf, have you ever tracked the numbers for the 12 hours after a shirt is reckoned?

Nope, but that's because we'll know what the closing number is by 11:55pm CST tonight.

That's right - DON'T wait until the very last minute expecting to buy one, because odds are great the doors will be locked already. If you want to get that 'last wooter', target 5-7 minutes before midnight CST.

It's fitting that ICOON will go out on a tide of sales - farewell

2 years, 9+ months ... indeed, it's been a great run.

bluejester

quality posts: 568 Private Messages bluejester
Narfcake wrote:That's right - DON'T wait until the very last minute expecting to buy one, because odds are great the doors will be locked already. If you want to get that 'last wooter', target 5-7 minutes before midnight CST...

...Unless of course Narf snipes "last wooter" status out from under you.

gameon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gameon
waveformblue wrote:I don't get the Internet cat craze AT ALL. Why is a Darth Cat any better than a Darth Pig or a Darth Raccoon ?

The only entry I kinda-like (meaning I still probably wouldn't buy it) is "Lucky at Last". At least there's genuine situational irony specific to a particular type of cat, instead of the tired "cat + anything = cool" meme.

Meh indeed.

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I'm going to anyway against my better judgement. Just now by reading this post did I get the full meaning of Lucky at Last. All this time I thought it was just a cat with a four leaf clover. Oh My Gookie! ::smacks forehead:: Duh.

My site: Thought Provoking Shirts - designs to make you think and laugh at the same time.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

I just got back from work and I was like "whaaaaaaaa??" Not what I expected there, sorry to see a classic shirt go!

Narfcake

bluejester wrote:...Unless of course Narf snipes "last wooter" status out from under you.

Reference post.

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
dcroe05 wrote:WOW!

Out of Nowhere, It Came of out of Nowhere is gone.

I'm gone 3 days [Owens Valley/Death Valley] and It Came Out Of Nowhere heads for nothingness.

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

Just bought my 3 It Came Out Of Nowhere.. *sniffle sniffle*

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

scifi451

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scifi451

Put in my order so have a back up of it for when my original goes.

kwagmyre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwagmyre

The Binge brought me here and I always considered it, ICOONW, and Nevermore the "Big 3" (given I started wooting at the end of Imposters run). I purchased my one and only ICOONW just a moment ago. Farewell old friend.

bluejester

kwagmyre wrote:The Binge brought me here and I always considered it, ICOONW, and Nevermore the "Big 3" (given I started wooting at the end of Imposters run). I purchased my one and only ICOONW just a moment ago. Farewell old friend.

I agree, I feel like those three are iconic of shirt.woot. Seeing ICOONW fade into the vortex of gets me a little misty eyed truth be told.

Narfcake

bluejester wrote:I agree, I feel like those three are iconic of shirt.woot. Seeing ICOONW fade into the vortex of gets me a little misty eyed truth be told.

OK, before you blame me AGAIN, your order was #37645 and I ended up with #37647.

bluejester

bluejester

Narfcake wrote:OK, before you blame me AGAIN, your order was #37645 and I ended up with #37647.

Dang it Narf! Gonna have some words with you!

In all seriousness though, even without the honor of being the "wooter to blame for sellout" I'd have still bought an extra copy. It's like saying farewell to a friend.

adamselby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adamselby

Potty Emergency!, I forgot to order ICOON before midnight! :/

sorter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sorter

I thought The Cake is a Liar was the first iconic shirt. Didn't buy it either.

RWM

astroliner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages astroliner

ICOON was my very first woot shirt, aka the beast that started this wonderful obsession. RIP, my friend.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis

Wow, I didn't see that one coming at all! (Delayed reaction, I know - was going to post this earlier, but I got distracted.) Although I acknowledged earlier in this thread that my predictions could certainly be wrong, I really didn't think we'd see an icon like ICOON (forgive me, I couldn't resist) fall by the wayside this week. Fare thee well, It Came Out Of Nowhere. You're a clever design and a tribute to the enduring cool of Heather Grey.

With the disappearance of It Came Out Of Nowhere and the move to different, probably crappier shirt blanks, tonight is really feeling like the end of an era.

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

jpchamberlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpchamberlin

Two weeks ago I looked at the numbers and told myself that I should get ICOON before it goes away...then, I forget to check on it until the day after it is Reckoned. I better get The Binge right now lest something terrible happen between now and the next time I log in.

AiliaBlue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AiliaBlue

I can't believe I missed it! I've wanted ICOON and Run Away! Run Away! for weeks, but I'm broke enough (and love too many shirts) that I have rules about this. If a shirt I've wanted for a while is about to be reckoned, then I can buy it, but they fell at the last second. I am kicking myself right now.
They better come back in one of these weeklies.

kc6201

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kc6201

I've always wanted ICOON too, but decided I wouldn't buy it until (just before) it was reckoned since I have too many shirts as it is. Wasn't on-line last night so I just decided to see what got reckoned now. Sad face!

cuteej4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cuteej4

I am SO GLAD I gave in and bought this when I first saw it dropping.

I would have forever regretted not having this shirt

watchtherain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages watchtherain
Narfcake wrote:crazydoglady wrote:Narf, have you ever tracked the numbers for the 12 hours after a shirt is reckoned?

Nope, but that's because we'll know what the closing number is by 11:55pm CST tonight.

That's right - DON'T wait until the very last minute expecting to buy one, because odds are great the doors will be locked already. If you want to get that 'last wooter', target 5-7 minutes before midnight CST.

It's fitting that ICOON will go out on a tide of sales - farewell

2 years, 9+ months ... indeed, it's been a great run.

If that were true that they never counted the sales after a Reckoned shirt was announced, "a simple question of weight ratios (v2)" would still be available. Patrick Spense's "Black Hole" was the shirt greyed out and announced as Reckoned, and next thing you know, 'a simple question' was no onger available for sale. At first, the system glitch made the 20th place shirt grey, and then the shirt in 21st (Black Hole) shot up to #10, only to be adjusted down to 20 later.

'a simple question of weight ratios' got screwed.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
watchtherain wrote:If that were true that they never counted the sales after a Reckoned shirt was announced, "a simple question of weight ratios (v2)" would still be available. Patrick Spense's "Black Hole" was the shirt greyed out and announced as Reckoned, and next thing you know, 'a simple question' was no onger available for sale. At first, the system glitch made the 20th place shirt grey, and then the shirt in 21st (Black Hole) shot up to #10, only to be adjusted down to 20 later.

'a simple question of weight ratios' got screwed.

We can trace "shirt got screwed" back to probably a good hundred-fitty reckonings. The earliest big glitch, as I recall, was back in the era of having to search for past tees (really blitheringly simple if you put five minutes of research in the first time, but not directly accessible), when Angry Day was cast out unceremoniously, but the reckoning roundup was not mentioned early enough to A) save the tee, or B) allow people to buy one before it died.

But yes, I remember the weight ratio debacle. I'm pretty sure Patrick's closest blase-glow competitor had the same thing occur multiple reckonings, as well.