DucatixDemon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DucatixDemon

I honestly miss the AA shirts. My boyfriend bought me the one line two fish and another shirt (both Anvil) and I barely ever wear those compared to my AA shirts. Now I'm just waiting for a design I like so I can start buying shirts again!

abrahamz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abrahamz

THANK YOU!!!

dreamaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dreamaster
ThunderThighs wrote:LEMMING! ♥

//sniff

It's nice to be remembered.

I am here, the siren call of AA blanks has reached forth over the net and dragged me out of my burrow.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

I just may have to start checking shirt.woot on a daily basis again. I would be far more excited if this option applied to the top 20 as well, but for now I'll take what I can get.

marlenesuvada

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marlenesuvada

American Apparel wins hands down. I like the fit. I will pay the dollar extra without any complaints. Probably will think twice about buying an Anvil shirt.

dreamaster

T-Shirt 5 has been applied!

See? Over a year with Anvil? No Shirts For Me!

Less than a full week for me with AA Shirts - 5 PURCHASES!!!

OPEN UP THE BACK CATALOG! LET ME GET THE SHIRTS I WANTED!!!

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

I'm still waiting on a design that appeals to me. I want some new AA Woot shirts in my size!

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

Why can't you buy top 20 shirts in the same color AA that you are offering in the same blanks in for the dailies?

dioxazine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dioxazine
trekmiss wrote:I'm still waiting on a design that appeals to me. I want some new AA Woot shirts in my size!

hahah I know! I wish we could pick up some from the Top 20!

dreamaster

6th shirt has been purchased since you brought back AA.

OPEN THE BACK CATALOG!

tarheel55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tarheel55

As a woman of normal size (5' 5", 125 lbs) I much prefer the Anvil shirts. I once ordered an AA and it was tiny. I wear a women's medium in Anvil and had to get Men's large in AA. I find the Anvil softer and holding up well. (I wash in cold water) I'm surprised at all the comments saying they prefer AA but choice is good. Just don't stop offerring Anvil please!

dreamaster

tarheel55 wrote: Just don't stop offerring Anvil please!

That would be nice if they did But I just received my first shirt since Mar 2, 2012,

I have purchased over a hundred shirts, and if you haven't, and woot goes either or, I'm hoping they recognize who used to make the sales go.

Again, I don't want them to take your anvils away, but if only one t-shirt blank survives, I want it to be AA so I can go back to collecting t-shirts.

Thanks woot, My first shirt since Mar 2, 2012 is appropo with quotes from the past - as in, in the past I bought craploads of stuff from woot.

edit: I just noticed you have ten to 24 woots from the info thingy.

I did 6 woots this week alone. All because they offered AA .
If they keep AA going I can easily score another 15 or more in the next few weeks.

Let's both cross our fingers and hope they keep both.

winnie71

quality posts: 1 Private Messages winnie71

I wonder if woot knows this bulletin does not show up for people who check woot on their mobile devices? You have to actually check the drop down menus to notice. Today is the first time in a week that I checked woot on my tablet, and I am bummed as I would have made a purchase a few days ago had I known.

gsedlak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsedlak

Anychance we are going to open up AA to top 20? I really want to get some fresh woot shirts on AA blanks but i have not liked any of the dailies. would love to snag a couple of the top 20 that are dropping fast

Mmcafee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mmcafee

Sizing aside, American Apparel is the better company. They don't outsource their shirts, they pay their employees fairly, and they employ Americans. Anvil on the other hand, bust up unions, ships labor overseas, and skips out on quality. I'm disappointed in Woot for this change. I hope they go back to AA for the long run.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Mmcafee wrote:Sizing aside, American Apparel is the better company. They don't outsource their shirts, they pay their employees fairly, and they employ Americans. Anvil on the other hand, bust up unions, ships labor overseas, and skips out on quality. I'm disappointed in Woot for this change. I hope they go back to AA for the long run.

You do know that American Apparel is not a US owned company, right? Because they're not. They're Canadian. And the owner is a sexist creeper. Yay.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
gsedlak wrote:Anychance we are going to open up AA to top 20? ...

Read my post here - the top20 will probably be the last place with the option because of the logistics involved.

Mmcafee wrote:Sizing aside, American Apparel is the better company. ...

They still have their issues, however ...

American Apparel and Anvil: A comparison

sirhughjass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirhughjass

I will buy the hell out of the back catalogue if the AA option appears. Keep us posted.

Ignace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ignace
rentaduckie wrote:While I do agree this is a step in the right direction, I have to say I see several problems with this.
First, you need to do an email blast to all of your members letting them know. I only found out because I was using the switch from AA to Anvil as an example of a company sizing out smaller sizes, but not getting any media attention over it like Abercrombie and Fitch is getting. This is the first time I've been on this site in about a year. You're not going to win back the customers who have moved on if you don't tell them about it.

Second, unless you run this for a long time, only offering a choice in the daily shirt is going to take a long time to show a significant sales difference. Shirts are a hit or miss, and if the design is Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!, fewer people will buy it. By opening up the top 20 to the AA blanks, you would eliminate that variable and could get an accurate picture.

Third AA is more expensive. Some people will base their choice on that.

Am I the only one who thinks this is all for show? Offer the AA blanks, but don't try to email the people who have left or offer older designs? Keep sales of the AA shirts low? Then Woot gets to say, well, we tried but sales weren't high enough to keep this as an option?

I'd love for Woot to prove me wrong.

+1

Ignace

Mmcafee wrote:Sizing aside, American Apparel is the better company. They don't outsource their shirts, they pay their employees fairly, and they employ Americans. Anvil on the other hand, bust up unions, ships labor overseas, and skips out on quality. I'm disappointed in Woot for this change. I hope they go back to AA for the long run.

+1 on this post, too

nikitajosephine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nikitajosephine

AA all the way...I am a small women, under 5' and @95lbs, and the AA shirts fit nicely (hard to find). The Anvil shirts make me look like I am pregnant, very awkward fit. I stopped buying as many shirts when Woot went Anvil, then I quit buying altogether because although I sent in two support questions regarding the change in the fit of the shirts, I never received a response which was disappointing because I bought a lot of the AA shirts. I also only want to purchase clothes made in the USA.

Ignace

gsedlak wrote:Anychance we are going to open up AA to top 20? I really want to get some fresh woot shirts on AA blanks but i have not liked any of the dailies. would love to snag a couple of the top 20 that are dropping fast

OK I agree with this too! +1

I appreciate having the option to catch a shirt on the Top 20 that I didn't get on Opening Night, if upon reflection and a second look I decide I do want. I can understand if woot doesn't want to offer the whole back catalog in both brands, but won't the higher sales volume on the Top 20 make it worthwhile, especially if it pleases customers (and generates more sales)?

dreamaster

Mavyn wrote:You do know that American Apparel is not a US owned company, right? Because they're not. They're Canadian. And the owner is a sexist creeper. Yay.

Don't care.

I happen to like their advertising. that has nothing at all to do with me wanting shirts that actually fit. Unlike the anvil "saw my armpit" crap shirts.

Ignace

I have not purchased many shirt.woots since the Anvil switchover for a combination of reasons (mostly personal, financial [less spending cabbage on hand]); too many shirt.woots already (wait, did I just . . . well yes, actually); fewer designs that I like; and also, I prefer the fit of the collar on the AA better (Anvils reveal the skin tags at my collar-line [gross, I know]).

But then came "Infinity Plus One" and it is a Must Have; but which brand to buy?

I just read all five pages in this thread, seeking advice and opinions from regular Buyers & Users (of shirt.woots, not alcohol or drugs, silly), and I just went upstairs and compared my personal collection of Anvils to my AmApps, comparing 'like to like' (i.e., newer, less-often-worn AA vs. Anvil shirts, and also older, well-worn & washed AA vs. Anvils).

I don't hate the Anvils; I do like the seemingly-lighter cloth and what seems to me to be a less-close fit (I have a belly). Note: I haven't had problems with shrinkage of length in Anvils, perhaps because I only hang-dry my nicer T-shirts; maybe that loss of length happens more when they're dryer-dried.

I've decided to go with the American Apparel shirt on this important purchase because I think the heavier cloth will last longer (I'll likely wear 'Infinity' often) and I'm hopeful that AA will better-retain it's length and bulk after repeated washings; and then there's my personal collar-size preference.

In conclusion, regardless of my brand choice, I'm glad to say/write . . . N41 !!!

[Upon reading this, I realize that my observations my not be of help to most people, but I'll post them since I've spent so much time tonight researching and writing.]

Ignace

ALSO . . . While I have my thoughts together on the subject of the shirt.woot brands discussion, I have a few personal things to express:

-- I think that part of the problem with Anvil shirt collars (and hemlines) becoming too loose is that the Anvil cloth seems more easily stretched. With my personal concern about collar size and thus wanting to avoid stretching collars, I have learned to take my T-shirts off by grasping one shoulder in each hand, then pulling over head, as opposed to grasping the collar to take it off, which can cause it to stretch over with use/time. Thus, I offer the suggestion that this 'shoulder' method may help Anvil owners retain a better fit of those shirts over time. Likewise, some people cross their arms in front of their torso and grab the hem/bottom of a shirt to pull off over the head, which I've found can make the lower portion of a shirt move toward that bell shape that is so unpopular (again, possibly due to the lighter/thinner fabric stretching more over time)

-- AND NOW FOR MY LITTLE RANT: I won't buy any more products having black inks on the asphalt-color shirts because the designs aren't visible enough; they don't contrast enough and fade into the background too much after repeated washings. I bought 'Nevermore' on Opening Night (a Must-Have) and despite the design not 'popping' enough to easily make out on that dark background, have proudly worn it (worn it out, even). Then I bought another crow shirt, 'Trying to Sing' (an Anvil), which uses black and white inks on the asphalt/dark grey blank, and unless one views the shirt up close, one really only sees the white ink, which sucks, frankly, though the shirt does get looks (e.g., What the heck is that white stuff on your shirt?) . . .

. . . PLEASE, shirt.woot, utilize a lighter-shade-of-grey blank shirt that will contrast enough with black ink so that the design is clearly visible from near or far!!!

I REALLY want another 'Nevermore' because mine is so worn and faded, and I'd also like to help keep it the 'Longest Running Shirt.Woot' by buying another (or two, or more, as gifts), but I want the design to be visible, really visible, and thus I won't put my limited funds toward something with the same old visibility problem.

I DO SO HOPE that shirt.woot will print 'Nevermore' on a lighter-grey shirt. (I know that a special, limited run of 'Nevermore' was offered, with some products [hoodies?] printed on a different grey, but IIRC it wasn't much different from the original, too-dark, AA-asphalt grey.
/rant

doggonewyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doggonewyo

Have to agree about an email blast. I had completely stopped looking at woot.com since the shirts had gone to anvil and they sucked so badly. I only found out about this from a friend who happened to notice that tiny little banner on the day's woot shirt as they were looking at the woot home item. It's hardly a fair trial if you don't do some sort of publicity. A good many AA users had completely given up on ever being heard by woot.com since their pleas for the return of AA blanks seemed to be falling on deaf ears. It is a LOOOOONG time coming to do this test and I fear you will be missing out on the feedback of countless AA fans since they have left the building many moons ago.

On a side note, offer AA blanks for the all designs page and the top 20 and do a real test. There are many good designs I would buy right up in AA blanks if they were available...shirts I had to skip because of the crappy Anvil blanks.

Narfcake

Ignace wrote:... Note: I haven't had problems with shrinkage of length in Anvils, perhaps because I only hang-dry my nicer T-shirts; maybe that loss of length happens more when they're dryer-dried.

The shrinkage is definitely more significant when dryer-dried, but even line dried, they lose length. All in size ML, I just compared Procrastination University (washed twice, line dried) against Nobody's Perfect (thrift store find, obviously worn a lot in nearly 5 years) - both measured out to the same length - 29-1/2".

Against some of my many always-line-dried AA shirts:
Makin' Bread: 30-1/4"
Schrodinger’s Cat: 30"
Interstellar Kitten Pizza Party: 30-1/2"
Lucky at Last: 30-1/4"

That compares to my recent thrift store finds of Woot/Anvil shirts:
Shirt of Stealth: 27-1/4"
Zombies Chase Me: 27-1/2"
Ride the Magic Rails: 26-3/4"
Curiosity: 27"

Of course, none of this is scientific, as there are many varying conditions involved.

Side note: While it's understandable for me to run across @ramyb shirts in thrift stores, as there are well over 300,000 in existence, it's slightly disconcerting to me that I've ran across so many @fishbiscuit shirts recently - two of which were found in their respective week #6 on the reckoning. The only plausible explanation is her popularity (yay), but the shirt's issues (boo) prompted folks to rid them in such short time.

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

Another tick on the black box, picked up Infinity plus 1 yesterday. Yay AA!

pete1123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pete1123
dreamaster wrote:That would be nice if they did But I just received my first shirt since Mar 2, 2012,

I have purchased over a hundred shirts, and if you haven't, and woot goes either or, I'm hoping they recognize who used to make the sales go.
Let's both cross our fingers and hope they keep both.

Let's be a little nicer here, while I appreciate the end of your post saying you hope they keep both, you're blasting the thread with your "each purchase" announcement and then basically saying here someone who's been a member less than a year doesn't count as much as you, a lost member?

I'm a newer member. I'm wooting as much as my wallet and interest allow. Check any marketing guide and, while retaining old customers is good for business, constantly gathering new ones is better. Don't make anyone feel unwelcome because of the little shapes near their posts. Sorry to isolate you directly, but I felt a little like your business was somehow more important than mine as well and put off. Plausibly, we just haven't had time yet to amass woots, but that doesn't make our opinions on fit less important. The sales numbers will give the answer, not OUR numbers.

(Said while throwing my two Anvils that came in the mail today into the wash... ironically wearing a previous Anvil purchase. LOL) EDIT: Also, I just noticed my # of woots is actually wrong, so that's just kinda funny too.

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets

Anyone else catch this post from Rogetray? That looks like a dash of hope inside those parenthesis.

Nothing follows.

Narfcake

taternuggets wrote:Anyone else catch this post from Rogetray? That looks like a dash of hope inside those parenthesis.

I'm guessing the brand options have had a positive reaction so far? Still, it's a "I'll believe it when I see it" thing.

dreamaster

pete1123 wrote:Let's be a little nicer here, while I appreciate the end of your post saying you hope they keep both, you're blasting the thread with your "each purchase" announcement and then basically saying here someone who's been a member less than a year doesn't count as much as you, a lost member?

I'm a newer member. I'm wooting as much as my wallet and interest allow. Check any marketing guide and, while retaining old customers is good for business, constantly gathering new ones is better. Don't make anyone feel unwelcome because of the little shapes near their posts. Sorry to isolate you directly, but I felt a little like your business was somehow more important than mine as well and put off. Plausibly, we just haven't had time yet to amass woots, but that doesn't make our opinions on fit less important. The sales numbers will give the answer, not OUR numbers.

(Said while throwing my two Anvils that came in the mail today into the wash... ironically wearing a previous Anvil purchase. LOL) EDIT: Also, I just noticed my # of woots is actually wrong, so that's just kinda funny too.

No.

When you provide more cash than I, you can make the rules.

And I am blasting this thread with two more shirt purchases.

How Bout you?

There's about 50 shirts I want to buy that I could not buy because they were on anvil, there's another 100 shirts that I would like to buy but would feel punished because I have to pay the "oh noez, you didzt buyz it on time tax.

Woot lost 150 or more t-shirt sales on just me. AND they lost all the other woot stuff because I was so pissed off over the AA-Anvil middle finger switch.

So you be a bit nicer by acknowledging the fact that I'm more likely to help the bottom line than you are. I've walked the walk, talked the talk, and you? Well, you're recruiting potential 1 shirt maybe sales or not.. But dammit, you want to be heard! Growl roolf!! bark bark!!!

Narfcake

dreamaster wrote:No.

When you provide more cash than I, you can make the rules. ...

That was uncalled for, and no matter how much coin we customers drop here, none of us make the rules.

Things would be waaaay different if it were the case.

dreamaster

Narfcake wrote:That was uncalled for, and no matter how much coin we customers drop here, none of us make the rules.

Things would be waaaay different if it were the case.

OK, I don't make the rules, you don't make the rules, that other guy don't make the rules. You win.

Woot? I'll buy 150 t-shirts if you let me do AA on the back catalog for 13 bucks a shirt.

Narfcake

dreamaster wrote:OK, I don't make the rules, you don't make the rules, that other guy don't make the rules. You win.

Woot? I'll buy 150 t-shirts if you let me do AA on the back catalog for 13 bucks a shirt.

$13 to DTG on AA blanks = notgonnahappen, because that's telling them they should be losing money on every sale.

They dropped some serious coin on the DTG printer, and given the volume (or lack thereof) in recent months, it's going to be a while before the investment is recouped. Even then, the ongoing maintenance and consumables still cost money.

IMHO, changes are going to be less "abrupt" here on out - clamoring for it so soon after the trial started isn't going to make it happen any faster. Instead, just embrace it if/when it happens.

dreamaster

Narfcake wrote:$13 to DTG on AA blanks = notgonnahappen, because that's telling them they should be losing money on every sale.

They dropped some serious coin on the DTG printer, and given the volume (or lack thereof) in recent months, it's going to be a while before the investment is recouped. Even then, the ongoing maintenance and consumables still cost money.

IMHO, changes are going to be less "abrupt" here on out - clamoring for it so soon after the trial started isn't going to make it happen any faster. Instead, just embrace it if/when it happens.

As a fat happy American I am going to use my god given right (constitutionally granted) to stamp my feet, yell, scream, and be obnoxious until I get my way.

tamirabeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tamirabeth

This is a bit late, but I'm one. I have intentionally stopped buying Woots because of the switch, and I miss new shirts. The last two I bought after the switch were just so disappointing--but this is AWESOME. So excited, I was seriously JUST talking to someone about my problem with the switch today, since they asked me where I get my awesome shirts. PLEASE print the AA with older designs! PLEASE!

bro3of4 wrote:We need to bring back all the people that left Shirt.Woot! because of the Anvil blanks, though. Everyone who knows someone who left needs to tell them they need to come back, check every day, and vote with their wallet.
Unfortunately, I don't know anyone.

chaoswerecat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaoswerecat
tamirabeth wrote:This is a bit late, but I'm one. I have intentionally stopped buying Woots because of the switch, and I miss new shirts. The last two I bought after the switch were just so disappointing--but this is AWESOME. So excited, I was seriously JUST talking to someone about my problem with the switch today, since they asked me where I get my awesome shirts. PLEASE print the AA with older designs! PLEASE!

yes, print older designs on AA! or at least the top 20! I want these Dr Who shirts... but only on AA!

psearles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psearles

I'm very happy that you are offering the American Apparel again, and finally admitting that the switch wasn't such a good idea. I used to buy Woot Shirts all the time, and recommend them to my friends, after the switch I bought two, and they both didn't fit right, and the material was cheap.

But to be honest I think the price increase is a little suspect, are you honestly going to say that the change over was because you couldn't make money anymore, because I think that you just wanted to make a larger profit with the cheap import shirts instead of the better quality US shirts. And you have ignored everyone's complaints.

WOOT Shirt used to be my first stop every morning, now I just check once and awhile, and you will continue to lose people as your pricing goes up.

psearles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psearles
Narfcake wrote:

Do you think that the drop and sales might have to do with the fact that the quality of shirts has gone down so far, and they argue anytime people bring that fact up.

I have dealt with local screen printers many times before and I have a clear idea on what the price point is on these shirts, and if you honestly believe that they are losing money by selling AA shirts at $13.00, then I have a bridge to sell you.