daveinwarshington

quality posts: 15 Private Messages daveinwarshington
novels22 wrote:No photos. Sorry

OK. Next time I'll read the rules before entering. (My first feeble attempt)

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
allnsmithee wrote:
Also, the sharktopus from the TV movie was shaped completely differently, just using the head of a Great White Shark on an octopus' body (which is different than this).

Also, this was meant to be paired with my other design, a dragon, which isn't exactly "pop culture". You might also look up the Lusca, a mythological sea monster that is a shark/octopus combination.

sorry but the first thing i thought of when i saw this design was sharktopus, and even after reading your first post and even this last one i still see sharktopus which is funny because i have never even seen the movie

MrBignell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrBignell
thatrobert wrote:Thanks! I tend to pick the shirt colors I wear the most which is the dark stuff. I'm curious, what would you like to see it on?

I know what you mean. My closet is full of blue and black shirts. I think it would look nice w/ a navy option. I know the women in my office wanted to order this one too. A deep purple would contrast well with the yellow for the ladies too.

nyke15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyke15
Re: The Renaissance Penguin

Awesome colors and fun idea. Love it!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: The divine recipe

An excellent design. Good luck buddy!

D4N13L

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D4N13L
Re: Not so Talented

LOL! poor Bartolomeo, always walking in the shadow of his half brother

leoniceno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leoniceno
Re: Lyrical Form

I love this shirt! C'mon, aren't there any more poetry nerds out here? Would buy three of these.

dfunk29

quality posts: 46 Private Messages dfunk29

I love the resemblance to a Weeble-Wobble!

odawolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages odawolf
Re: To Bun Or Not To Bun

This is totally awesome! :D <3

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
Re: Man o' War

I'd had an idea of combining a Man of War ship with Man o' War jellyfish floating in my head for a while. This derby gave me an excuse to render it in Da Vinci style.

Slightly bigger picture of it:

albertoarni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages albertoarni

Quiero! Guacamole!

Want!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Tasty! Good luck with this one.

nathanshields

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nathanshields
Re: Rebirth

Inspired by the nurse logs in the forest nearby.

mollymerula

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mollymerula

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I AM THE DESTROYER OF THREADS

elohim313

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elohim313
leoniceno wrote:I love this shirt! C'mon, aren't there any more poetry nerds out here? Would buy three of these.

Thanks!

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
EwingKlipspringer wrote:I like this.
I hope it wins.
If it wins, I will buy two of these (one for myself and one for my daughter).

However, is this design--as it appears now--in danger of being Rejected for being outside of the standard print area? (I'm specifically thinking of the Illustrator template, in which the Print Box doesn't go nearly this far...)
Or is Woot allowing more wiggle-room?

I also have to say this: if one were to wear this shirt tucked in, would it look kind of odd? Having those two large pencils seemingly sticking up out of your pants like some giant marsupial member?

I tend to push the edges when it comes to the limits of the print area. I do this because I use a flat shirt mockup (as opposed to one that has a person in it) so things are going to look larger when you put them on and closer to what I'm showing you here. Woot has never freaked out about this.

As for tucking in t-shirts, I'm strongly opposed to that from a fashion standpoint. If you choose to do so, I can't be responsible for the consequences.

thatrobert

MrBignell wrote:I know what you mean. My closet is full of blue and black shirts. I think it would look nice w/ a navy option. I know the women in my office wanted to order this one too. A deep purple would contrast well with the yellow for the ladies too.

Navy could have been nice and purple would have been great. Unfortunately, purple is not a regularly-offered option.

jquinn0516

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jquinn0516
Re: Just Justing. Huzzah!

Any feedback would be amazing! I'm still new

aarrun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aarrun
thatrobert wrote:Thanks! I tend to pick the shirt colors I wear the most which is the dark stuff. I'm curious, what would you like to see it on?

Canary
Creme
Cranberry
Baby Blue
Grass
Silver
Brown - though that's almost as over-used as asphalt
It's not that it looks bad on asphalt, it's just that's the go-to color every time a design isn't color-dependent. I think it's a sad shame that artists always opt for neutral in those instances instead of taking advantage of the opportunity to do something more unique.
It's a great design, and I wish you luck with it, but I don't need any more asphalt tees, whereas I would give it serious consideration in almost any other color.

nimrond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nimrond
Re: Here Be Dragons

What is the connection to the renaissance theme? The Celtic symbolism!?

trivialnemesis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trivialnemesis
Re: Rebirth of Venus

This is absolutely gorgeous!

allnsmithee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages allnsmithee
Re: Here Be Dragons

In particular, I was referencing the inclusion of dragons on maps from this period, in addition to the rise of the use of dragons in art during this period (see St George and the Dragon) because art was no longer constrained to Biblical subjects. I chose the Celtic style, because it was during the early Renaissance that this style moved out of Ireland and moved eastward.

See here for more on its use on maps

thatrobert

aarrun wrote:Canary
Creme
Cranberry
Baby Blue
Grass
Silver
Brown - though that's almost as over-used as asphalt
It's not that it looks bad on asphalt, it's just that's the go-to color every time a design isn't color-dependent. I think it's a sad shame that artists always opt for neutral in those instances instead of taking advantage of the opportunity to do something more unique.
It's a great design, and I wish you luck with it, but I don't need any more asphalt tees, whereas I would give it serious consideration in almost any other color.

I don't want to give you the idea I don't TRY other colors. Out of the colors you mentioned the only other one that looked nice was silver. I think an additional reason I tend toward a limited palette is I use desaturated colors almost exclusively for the design and the bright shirt colors don't work as well with that.

dacrete

quality posts: 95 Private Messages dacrete
Re: Not so Angelic

Very cute, love it

carladiaz78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carladiaz78

Holy Guacamole! I am totally in love with this design!

novels22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages novels22
Re: Hampire

How is this renaissance?

fabgab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fabgab
Re: Rebirth

Love this, especially the colouring.

fabgab

Re: Shaping up

Seriously? :/

fabgab

orabbit wrote:Little known fact: Da Vinci did experiments involving probability and the Platonic Solids. This resulted in a game he called Grottos and Gargoyles.

Grottos and Gargoyles... now that's a lost Da Vinci design I want to see!

fabgab

Initially, I didn't look at the full view, because I thought "Those avocados are adorable but I don't think I would wear avocados." Then I did, and saw the recipe is in Spanish and the other stuff is even MORE adorable. Suddenly I am voting for this shirt. What happened???

It occurs to me maybe I should make the recipe before buying though. I can't go around advertising til I try the product! ;)

fabgab

thatrobert wrote:
As for tucking in t-shirts, I'm strongly opposed to that from a fashion standpoint. If you choose to do so, I can't be responsible for the consequences.

Yeah, when I read that, I kept thinking, "Who tucks t-shirts in anymore?" Maybe it's a requirement for office/school faculty in some places or something. In which case, such fascist practices should be resolved immediately! :P

wahya451

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wahya451
novels22 wrote:How is this renaissance?

It wasn't supposed to go into the renaissance section.

novels22

novels22

Re: Doge Vinci's Masterpiece - the Dogealisa

SUCH EPIC.
MANY SHIRT.
MUCH DA VINCI.
WOW.

novels22

wahya451 wrote:It wasn't supposed to go into the renaissance section.

OH. ok.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Epic Creation

I lol'd.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
wahya451 wrote:It wasn't supposed to go into the renaissance section.

All designs submitted on the derby page are put in the current week's derby which always has a theme. There's a different submission page somewhere for non-derby entries. Also, I think you're required to show the design on a shirt template somewhere in your entry.

nimrond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nimrond

Thanks for the explanation.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 86 Private Messages Thirdbase9
Re: Da Vinci's Dice

Shouldn't the cube be hexahedron or something like that?

I don't know.

wahya451

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wahya451
stingray69 wrote:All designs submitted on the derby page are put in the current week's derby which always has a theme. There's a different submission page somewhere for non-derby entries. Also, I think you're required to show the design on a shirt template somewhere in your entry.

Is it possible to just remove it and submit it later?