moonbeamchaos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moonbeamchaos
Re: Born Crabby

Too bad my mom's not still around. She would have worn this with PRIDE.

moonbeamchaos

Re: Suicide Mission

My beloved NEEDS this shirt!

laughswithevon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laughswithevon
Re: Star Cats

Your cat designs are so fun and witty! I love them!!

moonbeamchaos

Re: Star Stuff

And we are having a FINE time here at the In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida Assisted Living Crash Pad ,too. Groovy, man. And they've got Lime Jell-o too. Really. Far OUT! Wow.

kittymombo2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittymombo2

this is on an epic scale of +10 for any nerdy girl who is also a crazy cat lady....thanks for catering to that niche.

mecos

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mecos
Re: Space oddity

love your more surreal stuff. this one is great

klynb

quality posts: 15 Private Messages klynb

You, of all people, should know that the cat never catches the light from the saber.

lonelypond

quality posts: 667 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Paper moon

pretty

jcastick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcastick

So much awesome, it can not be contained!!

piidesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages piidesign
Re: They Mostly Come At Night

Wow interesting design. Great job spelling the letters.

brostephhhx

quality posts: 3 Private Messages brostephhhx
Re: Space Is Awesome!

This design is..dare i say it...out of this world XD This should have more votes.

Heimchen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Heimchen

May the furs be with you!

SylvreKat

quality posts: 31 Private Messages SylvreKat
krittikae wrote:Pluto is the planet of my heart.

Did you know New Horizons sent back a photo of Pluto showing a heart-shape on it?

It cracks me up that 4% of the IAU voted Pluto to non-planetude, but pretty much 100% of the non-astronomers want Pluto to stay a planet.

I've a pin with a photo of Pluto that says "Still a planet" and a bumper sticker saying "Honk if Plut(drawing of Pluto) is a planet"

Seriously, how can 4% of any group make any sort of decision about anything?

All right, ranting over...for now. Obviously Pluto is my fave too. Always was, ever since I was little and first learned about the planets, with that one little bitty one way out there doing things its own special way.

Hoping this one gets printed--it'll go over GREAT at the local sci-fi/fantasy con!

>'Kat

+4

http://imagecache.w00t.com/?url=http://i.imgur.com/Fdb7DOs.png

strawberryclouds13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages strawberryclouds13

CATS! R2-D2! This is very cute and clever.

fishnchips

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fishnchips

If it is turned into a musical, I'll be the first to watch it!

vampslayerbabe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vampslayerbabe

Come to the dark side we have nip...

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 16 Private Messages benjaminleebates
Re: Sci-Fi Sacrilege

A co-worker (and fellow wooter) and I were trying to understand how this is not rejected? I thought that the words "millennium falcon" and "battlestar galactica" were copyright?
Not trying to be a hater. I think the concept is funny. I've used memes like this many times when arguing with a noob on the interweb.
I just want to better understand when something is okay and when it is a no-no.

benjaminleebates

SylvreKat wrote:Did you know New Horizons sent back a photo of Pluto showing a heart-shape on it?

It cracks me up that 4% of the IAU voted Pluto to non-planetude, but pretty much 100% of the non-astronomers want Pluto to stay a planet.

I've a pin with a photo of Pluto that says "Still a planet" and a bumper sticker saying "Honk if Plut(drawing of Pluto) is a planet"

All right, ranting over...for now. Obviously Pluto is my fave too. Always was, ever since I was little and first learned about the planets, with that one little bitty one way out there doing things its own special way.

Hoping this one gets printed--it'll go over GREAT at the local sci-fi/fantasy con!

>'Kat

The same way they claim global warning is factual and caused by humans; even though many scientist still want to better understand and study it before jumping the gun...

iwishiwereabunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iwishiwereabunny

So many details! This was very well thought out and executed! Good work

jasneko

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko
Re: dancing with fireflies

Beautiful.

transformingegg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages transformingegg

Thanks so much for the votes everyone!

Re: Purrsonal Space

acraigl

quality posts: 188 Private Messages acraigl
benjaminleebates wrote:A co-worker (and fellow wooter) and I were trying to understand how this is not rejected? I thought that the words "millennium falcon" and "battlestar galactica" were copyright?
Not trying to be a hater. I think the concept is funny. I've used memes like this many times when arguing with a noob on the interweb.
I just want to better understand when something is okay and when it is a no-no.

I have the same question. It seems arbitrary at times. For my monopoly design, I took special care not to mention the ships by name, rather, by class/type (firefly happens to be both the class and name of the show, unforunately). In addition to avoiding potential rejection, I think it adds to the aesthetic, as well as punches up the nerd factor a bit.

But yeah, it confuses me too.

acraigl

quality posts: 188 Private Messages acraigl
Re: Freddie Mercury

I think this is very funny. I wish there was some texture on the mustache. I keep seeing it as open mouth frown half the time, making the teeth appear (to me) on the bottom jaw. I can "make" myself see it as intended, but it can't be unseen.

walmazan

quality posts: 71 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Binary Sunset

so good!

walmazan

Re: Ice Scream

love it!

walmazan

Re: Goodnight, Empire

awesome work as always!

walmazan

Re: Sci-Fi Sacrilege

simple and efective!

walmazan

Re: Flying Solo

well executed!

ianleino

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ianleino

So perfect!

Find me on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Google+
My Shop [/url]

krittikae

quality posts: 29 Private Messages krittikae
SylvreKat wrote:Did you know New Horizons sent back a photo of Pluto showing a heart-shape on it?

>'Kat

Totally! This is one of my all time favorite shirts:
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/my-solar-system-1?ref=cnt_ctlg_dgn_1

Vote!

Check out my catalog!

wwilsonxp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wwilsonxp

I'm allergic to cats but i still think this shirt is amazeballs

thatrobert

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thatrobert
acraigl wrote:I have the same question. It seems arbitrary at times. For my monopoly design, I took special care not to mention the ships by name, rather, by class/type (firefly happens to be both the class and name of the show, unforunately). In addition to avoiding potential rejection, I think it adds to the aesthetic, as well as punches up the nerd factor a bit.

But yeah, it confuses me too.

That's a really good question. Strangely enough, this design started as a daily and I avoided those specific names but they suggested I add them in...

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 283 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: They Mostly Come At Night

Thanks very much everyone. I sent in my print ready file with a few improvements in case an honorable mention is a possibility.

Hiryu2040

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hiryu2040

I love that death yarn star

benjaminleebates

Spiritgreen wrote:Thanks very much everyone. I sent in my print ready file with a few improvements in case an honorable mention is a possibility.

WOW.
So they only thing that makes sense is if you use a proper name, you can not have any reference to that name in a graphical sense. Like the groot shirt

Is it the separation of a proper name from the object that makes it acceptable?

flattopfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flattopfrank
moonbeamchaos wrote:And we are having a FINE time right here at the In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida Medicare Crash Pad, too. Groovy, man. And they've got Lime Jell-o too. Really. Far out. Wow.

Uhhh... ok.... Thanks, I think..?

edgrrrzzmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgrrrzzmom
Re: Purrsonal Space

Wish I'd had this while I was still working.

benjaminleebates

So could a person have a drawing of a ninja with the term "jedi" under it, and not run into problems?

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01

Amazing amigo! +1

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 56 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
benjaminleebates wrote:WOW.
So they only thing that makes sense is if you use a proper name, you can not have any reference to that name in a graphical sense. Like the groot shirt

Is it the separation of a proper name from the object that makes it acceptable?

Depends on the language in the trademark if there is one. Words can be trademarked but for a specific usage and purpose. Or maybe I don't really know because I'm not a lawyer. :P