yazmoq

quality posts: 18 Private Messages yazmoq
Re: Taco trampoline trauma

This is probably what happened when he later sez "I don't wanna taco bout it." gmv man. great stuff.

yazmoq

Re: Dog tired

cute!

yazmoq

Re: Hunger

Really hope that box is refrigerated. Love the "I can save the day" look on his face. +1

yazmoq

Re: Candy Sprites

Looks really good on the shirt. Would love to get this for my 2 yo daughter. =]

yazmoq

Re: Cookie Diving

Epic save man. The way this shot up to the fog, def a winner.

yazmoq

flemtone wrote:usual answer: "Of course, you adorable ball of fluff!" *swoon*

What they really mean: "Sure, considering your fur is now all over my dinner - why the heck not?"

Great design!

haha. Exactly!
Thank you.

yazmoq

Re: Fluffles

Handsome dog!

Randyotter

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Randyotter
Re: Origin of Spices

I like this one, the title suggestion was spot on.

Randyotter

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Randyotter
yazmoq wrote:This is probably what happened when he later sez "I don't wanna taco bout it." gmv man. great stuff.

Thanks for all your comments dude

Jennzilla

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jennzilla
Inatangle wrote:Would this actually be "I SCREEEEAM" therapy? :D :D :D

Lol! Good call!

Inatangle

quality posts: 119 Private Messages Inatangle
Re: Junk Food Wars

May the best junk food WIN! Whichever it is...

transformingegg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages transformingegg

I just noticed the derby comments thread name contains a $ instead of a # ... is it a sign of something??? Did I win $573 for finding it in some secret competition!

spikeani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
Re: Donutty

still my favorite. Love it truly an awesome piece. GMV

manhandsha

quality posts: 62 Private Messages manhandsha
transformingegg wrote:I just noticed the derby comments thread name contains a $ instead of a # ... is it a sign of something??? Did I win $573 for finding it in some secret competition!

Just a "pat on the back" for picking out a typo.

transformingegg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages transformingegg
manhandsha wrote:Just a "pat on the back" for picking out a typo.

I'll take it!

FnziWlrz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FnziWlrz
Re: I really donut

I'd like to hear how I could improve on my design for the Derby Topic, Any feedback would do me great :]

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 278 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Candy Sprites

Thanks! I enjoy making designs that have a lot of elements up close but read as one graphic from a distance.

I never could see magic eye pictures but these are okay. ^__^

krittikae

quality posts: 28 Private Messages krittikae
FnziWlrz wrote:I'd like to hear how I could improve on my design for the Derby Topic, Any feedback would do me great :]

I think you did a great job! Derbies can be pretty hit and miss when you're starting out. Unless you have a big following like fishbiscuit or walmazan or fablefire, sometimes a great idea and good execution will not be quite enough.

Keep at it and don't get discouraged.

Vote!

Check out my catalog!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 114 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: The Great wave of Flavor

This is so great! :D Bravo ace.

kinzoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: Piñata Afterparty

Since I have one on Woot of lions eating a pinata, maybe this is afterwards where the vultures swoop in and start eating the leftover carcass? Well I love this and hope it prints, +1.

mcobutte

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mcobutte
Re: Cosmic Purrrcraft

Nice image, but please explain how this is junk food? Other then coughing up hair balls, after eating.

FnziWlrz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FnziWlrz
krittikae wrote:I think you did a great job! Derbies can be pretty hit and miss when you're starting out. Unless you have a big following like fishbiscuit or walmazan or fablefire, sometimes a great idea and good execution will not be quite enough.

Keep at it and don't get discouraged.

That makes sense, thanks for the moral support!

Inatangle

It's awfully hard to comment and vote on Derby entries when they don't load properly. The only shirts displaying properly are the ones in the fog and the ones in the "new hotness." I tried commenting about 5 hours ago and had the same problem.

PS. The "Top 20" page has a similar problem.

manhandsha

quality posts: 62 Private Messages manhandsha
Inatangle wrote:It's awfully hard to comment and vote on Derby entries when they don't load properly. The only shirts displaying properly are the ones in the fog and the ones in the "new hotness." I tried commenting about 5 hours ago and had the same problem.

PS. The "Top 20" page has a similar problem.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll let the devs know.

mcobutte

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mcobutte
Re: Pac Pizza

Good junk food,missing tee template

spikeani

Inatangle wrote:Oh wow... Hostess type cupcakes, another favorite of mine! Heeeellllllp! lol

My wife and daughter to. Usually have to hide a box.

TBone1414

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TBone1414

I would definitely buy this shirt. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

nurbles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nurbles
Re: not the smartest kernel in the bag

If I could find Klink, Sanders, Elivis' buddy and other famous colonels in this, I'd be in in an instant!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 278 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Cardiac Arrest

Very nice colors and a cool style. I wonder if this would have gone over better as 'Sweet Heart'?

maddidoodles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maddidoodles
Spiritgreen wrote:Very nice colors and a cool style. I wonder if this would have gone over better as 'Sweet Heart'?

Thank you for the compliements! Also, that's a way better name, a missed opportunity.

Narfcake

quality posts: 380 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: I really donut

Your art is solid - no worries there. The "I donut" is a very common trope, though, which is possibly why it's being passed up.

The background glow is a nice touch, though it looks like it's a gradient (or a very fine of a halftone) - that could be an issue when it comes to printing.

I wouldn't worry too much about a following. Yes, they can help, but it is by no means necessary. The top two selling artists here (300k+ shirts sold) did not advertise their derby designs anywhere -- no social media(*), no art pages, no .sig links. Their art sold itself.

There is no absolute formula to printing here -- the biggest variable is that the voting audience's tastes varies from theme to theme. Just keep in mind that this isn't only an art contest; it's also a wearability contest. If a viewer has to study the design to understand it, don't expect it to be as popular as a design which is understood right away.

The key thing is to have fun while drawing, to keep at it, and never stop improving. You will get noticed.

* - One does use multiple social media platforms for his own site, but he never used any of it to promote his submissions at shirt.woot. And you don't have to worry about it either, as he's not active here these days, which is a mixed bag, but with >800k followers now, it'd be no contest otherwise.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

spikeani

Re: Attack of the Cones

This is so cool. Nice one GMV

Inatangle

Re: Stranger Candy

krittikae wrote:I'll take candy from anyone. It's the best way to make new friends, or get a free ride in a windowless van.

This candy is Stranger than fiction...

tiffmatthews

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiffmatthews
spikeani wrote:This is so cool. Nice one GMV

thank you so much! really appreciate it!

Inatangle

Re: Junkfoodsaurs

Dinomuffin Chocolotus wins hands down for me....

Inatangle

Re: Leia's Cinnamon Bunz

flemtone wrote:I'm just going to leave this here...

LOL! Thanks for sharing this! I'm in danger of dying of laughter, but if I do, at least I'll die happy!

Inatangle

Re: Morse Candy!

Cute & Pretty!

Inatangle

Re: Cardiac Arrest

Pretty and Dangerous... a very truthful design...

simic

quality posts: 14 Private Messages simic

Inatangle

Re: Marshmeowllo

Mmmmmmmmm.....arshmallows!