Inatangle

quality posts: 120 Private Messages Inatangle
Re: Dogs & Desserts

acraigl wrote:Amazing artwork!

Oh... just thought of one more thing. Thanks, Acraig for providing this short, hilarious clip! It fits Kella's design perfectly... and I've watched it 3 times!

Inatangle

Re: Thankful for nightlights

lol! Do you arm yourself with this many lights each time you turn in?

I'm thankful for nightlights too... 'cause they save me from stubbing my toes! I'm awfully good at it... stubbing my toes, I mean...

(By the way, I answered your pm... with a question.)

Inatangle

Re: Noms!

Just thought I'd take a quick peek at one of my favorite Derby entries this time around. I'm surprised that it only has 5 votes so far. I mean... doesn't anybody else around here get hungry???

Inatangle

Re: Letter Soup

Hey.... this is cute! It also serves to remind me that I'm thankful for word games... like Scrabble and Anagrams, and Upwords, and Word Puzzle books! gmv!

acraigl

quality posts: 183 Private Messages acraigl
pals wrote:Thank you! I have lots of questions. will ask more in the future.

I've been checking out your work and noticed a strength is that you use minimal color. With this strength the design and visual communication speaks for itself.

Nah, I just suck at halftones

Inatangle

Re: Thankful for life

Hey... this one is cool... but the new version is even better! I love the addition of the Monarch butterflies!

Beautiful designing... keep up the great work!

Re: Life Version 2

Inatangle

Re: Life Version 2

Liked the other one, but like this one even more... made a comment about this one on the other one's thread.

Inatangle

Re: Pluto Has Heart

Pluto looks awfully happy for a planet who just got demoted... glad he's a good sport!

Inatangle

Re: thankful for puns

Tank you too! (Wait a minute... that didn't come out quite like I thought it would... lol

I'm crazy about puns too!

Inatangle

Re: Thankful

Sweet! I think that everybody needs a shirt like this one... it's a great reminder for when we all forget to be.

jnolen85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jnolen85
Inatangle wrote:Just thought I'd take a quick peek at one of my favorite Derby entries this time around. I'm surprised that it only has 5 votes so far. I mean... doesn't anybody else around here get hungry???

Thanks You're really supportive of all the artists on here! I for one appreciate it.

lvnar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lvnar
Re: Green Tea

Thankful for caffeinated green tea and for nature!

Narfcake

quality posts: 380 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Pluto Has Heart

Alas, creme is not a shirt color option ...

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 172 Private Messages agingdragqueen
Inatangle wrote:Sweet shirt! It reminds me that I have so many blessings... good family, a great church home, a roof over my head, so many!

One of my on line blessings, without question, is Shirt Woot, which has provided me with some great clothing, and some great friends! gmv

PS. ADQ, you helped me out several times when you were a Staff member. Thank you! :D

Aw, shucks. I kinda like it better on this side of things these days.

TruBluTopaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TruBluTopaz
Re: How to Draw a Turkey

If you had any idea how many high school art students try to pass this off as legitimate drawing, you would understand why I'm crying now and why I must have this shirt.

Trublutopaz, Queen of the Nil (sic)

ncowick

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ncowick
Inatangle wrote:LOL! This is great! So funny! The expressions Make the shirt! gmv

Thanks!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Turtles are Useful

oakenspirit wrote:... I'd also like it with JUST the coaster turtle. haha

Likewise. That one is totally absurd enough to be by itself!

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

pals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pals
acraigl wrote:Nah, I just suck at halftones

Hey, maybe I can help you for a change. When you say you suck at half tones, are you referring to taking one color and just making it a tint lighter? If you use Illustrator I can help you with that. It's actually pretty easy to take a pms color and tint it down to a lighter value. Please let me know if you'd like an explanation on how to do that. On another note... I have a question. Again. I reworked that second design and entered it in the derby. I'd like to get rid of my original attempt at this design. Is it too late to take it out of the derby? if it's not too late, how do I do that? Thx.

pals

lvnar wrote:Thankful for caffeinated green tea and for nature!

Wow. This is one of the stronger designs out there. It is really clean and well executed. i hope this rises to the top. gmv!

yazmoq

quality posts: 18 Private Messages yazmoq
Re: It's The Little Things..

Thanks guys =]

acraigl

pals wrote:Hey, maybe I can help you for a change. When you say you suck at half tones, are you referring to taking one color and just making it a tint lighter? If you use Illustrator I can help you with that. It's actually pretty easy to take a pms color and tint it down to a lighter value. Please let me know if you'd like an explanation on how to do that. On another note... I have a question. Again. I reworked that second design and entered it in the derby. I'd like to get rid of my original attempt at this design. Is it too late to take it out of the derby? if it's not too late, how do I do that? Thx.

Thanks, but I not talking about tints. You can't really tint when it comes to screen printing (AFAIK). When I was referring to halftones, I meant halftone dot patterns to give the illusion of more colors -- optical color mixing. There are a number of artists here that are almost wizards when it comes to halftones. I generally stand in awe from a distance.

Per the derby rules, you have 24 hours to remove a design. After that the option goes away and its in there for life.

hdps

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hdps

Adorable. You got my vote

yazmoq

quality posts: 18 Private Messages yazmoq
hdps wrote:Adorable. You got my vote

Much appreciated. Ty!

Jennzilla

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jennzilla
Re: Turtles are Useful

Lol, thanks, guys. Maybe I'll rework my useful turtles design for the future. I tried using mine for a coaster, until my coffee walked away...slowly.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

acraigl wrote:Thanks, but I not talking about tints. You can't really tint when it comes to screen printing (AFAIK). ...

That is correct. Each color at any given location is either on or off when it comes to screen printing.

There's a bit more flexibility with DTG, as the colors are adjustable at the print level -- and while that's mostly used nowadays, it's not guaranteed, hence shirt.woot still operates with 6-color screen printing in mind.

... When I was referring to halftones, I meant halftone dot patterns to give the illusion of more colors -- optical color mixing. There are a number of artists here that are almost wizards when it comes to halftones. I generally stand in awe from a distance. ...

If anyone wants to do some reading, here are some halftoning tips from various shirt.woot artists:

- Design Tips: I Have Become Halftone, Destroyer of Shirts... (Part One)

- Choosing the halftone that's right for you: A halftone tutorial by ramyb

- Rain Dance Pics and Halftone Tutorial

- Halftone like the cool kids, with GIMP

A post by @Kinzoku brought up these tips by @spiritgreen also.

marceepauff

quality posts: 23 Private Messages marceepauff
Re: Dogs & Desserts

This is SO well done, kell! Different look for you, but I love it. Beautiful work.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 278 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Something about this time of year makes me want to draw this kind of design too. I wish I had a couple of months spare to hibernate. :^)

Nice character, yazmoq. Good luck +1

pals

acraigl wrote:Thanks, but I not talking about tints. You can't really tint when it comes to screen printing (AFAIK). When I was referring to halftones, I meant halftone dot patterns to give the illusion of more colors -- optical color mixing. There are a number of artists here that are almost wizards when it comes to halftones. I generally stand in awe from a distance.

Per the derby rules, you have 24 hours to remove a design. After that the option goes away and its in there for life.

Hey there. Sorry for my naivety. It's almost insulting to think that I might give you a little help... me of obviously now experience in this arena. I hope you have not taken offense. Thanks again for all your help for a newbie. I appreciate you.

pals

Narfcake wrote:If anyone wants to do some reading, here are some halftoning tips from various shirt.woot artists:

- Design Tips: I Have Become Halftone, Destroyer of Shirts... (Part One)

- Choosing the halftone that's right for you: A halftone tutorial by ramyb

- Rain Dance Pics and Halftone Tutorial

- Halftone like the cool kids, with GIMP

A post by @Kinzoku brought up these tips by @spiritgreen also.

Thanks so much for gathering these tips. I will definitely look into them.

kg07

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kg07
Inatangle wrote:Hey... great one! I'd like to send this to my kids... anonymously, of course! gmv

In the wild chance that they are voting in this Derby, I just want to say that I love my kids, they are all growed up, and I'm so thankful for Them! (They don't vote in Derbies often enough, but if it weren't for them, I wouldn't even know about this website!)

Thanks inatangle!😊 My kids may get one of these against their will if it is lucky enough to print.

ochopika

quality posts: 30 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

acraigl wrote:Add goggles. The duct tape of woot derbies.

Oh good. I'm glad to have started a new derby meme.

acraigl

pals wrote:Hey there. Sorry for my naivety. It's almost insulting to think that I might give you a little help... me of obviously now experience in this arena. I hope you have not taken offense. Thanks again for all your help for a newbie. I appreciate you.

Don't be silly, not offended at all. I like that you offered help. And keep entering the derbies -- it's the best way to learn.

acraigl

ochopika wrote:Oh good. I'm glad to have started a new derby meme.

Jennzilla

fishbiscuit5 wrote:Elastic waistbands or nothing. Gotta try some fried turkey this year.

Doo eeet. Once you fry you never go back. I sure wish that rhymed.

Jennzilla

Re: Thankful for Terra Firma

Neat style!

ApeLad

quality posts: 63 Private Messages ApeLad
Re: Keep the T. Hanks in Thanksgiving

I hope I can be forgiven for a moment of candor in these troubled times:

DAMMIT!

Inatangle

Re: Keep the T. Hanks in Thanksgiving

ApeLad wrote:I hope I can be forgiven for a moment of candor in these troubled times:

DAMMIT!

LOL!

Your moment of candor has given me a bad case of the giggles... Got my husband laughing too!

I am sorry this got rejected. I never even thought of it as being pop culture, although I suppose it is. It's too bad... I love puns like this one!

Inatangle

Re: Best Job Ever!

This is a great one... and my dog definitely agrees. In fact, she did some dish washing for me just this evening!

(Both my dog and I voted for this.)

Inatangle

Re: Powered Up

Is this "powered up" or "powdered up"? (I love powdered sugar doughnuts!)

Inatangle

Re: Glad I'm here...

littlelamb45 wrote:Nobody gets this joke....?

This is a joke???