greeneking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greeneking
Re: How Paper is Made

This made me laugh out loud!!

Jennzilla

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jennzilla
Inatangle wrote:That extra hardness in fruitcake is actually Sadness? How'd you figure it out? I'm all ears!

It's my salty grandmother's special recipe!

calbers76

quality posts: 3 Private Messages calbers76

julesraines

quality posts: 0 Private Messages julesraines
Inatangle wrote:This is great! I love your tree, and the subject! gmv

Thank you, Inatangle!

greeneking wrote:This made me laugh out loud!!

Good - that was my goal! Thanks, greeneking!

blacktop95

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blacktop95
Re: Upgrade decisions...

Looks good to me.

hdps

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hdps
Re: Cupcakes are magic

Welp. this got my vote

spikeani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
yazmoq wrote:Best thing about cats is they don't even have to do anything and still remain cool. =)

I agree

ColtsMere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ColtsMere
Inatangle wrote:Are you sure about this? What about a messy room?

PS. Now don't ask me how I dreamed up this exception so easily...

Hahaha! You right. You right...

acraigl

quality posts: 185 Private Messages acraigl
blacktop95 wrote:Looks good to me.

Thanks!

VOTE! >>

Inatangle

quality posts: 127 Private Messages Inatangle
Re: Don Corlecookie

This is a cute design, but it doesn't fit the Derby theme.

Do yourself a favor... delete it for now and wait for an appropriate Derby to come up... i.e. a Computer Themed Derby. (I suggest deleting it for now because the same design entered in more than one Derby might get rejected... they like fresh entries around here...

Even better yet, you could enter this shirt as a Daily. In my opinion, it has a good chance to get printed.

One other thing... if you can, try to put it on a colored blank, rather than a white one. Colored blanks tend to be more popular than white blanks. (That could be tricky though... might put you over the color limit since the eyes would then require white ink.)

You can take my advice for what it's worth... I'm not a shirt designer, just a shirt appreciator. Good luck with this design!

lvnar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lvnar
Re: The creation of adorable

How can you deny it?!

SevenArts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SevenArts
Inatangle wrote:This is a cute design, but it doesn't fit the Derby theme.

Do yourself a favor... delete it for now and wait for an appropriate Derby to come up... i.e. a Computer Themed Derby. (I suggest deleting it for now because the same design entered in more than one Derby might get rejected... they like fresh entries around here...

Even better yet, you could enter this shirt as a Daily. In my opinion, it has a good chance to get printed.

One other thing... if you can, try to put it on a colored blank, rather than a white one. Colored blanks tend to be more popular than white blanks. (That could be tricky though... might put you over the color limit since the eyes would then require white ink.)

You can take my advice for what it's worth... I'm not a shirt designer, just a shirt appreciator. Good luck with this design!

Thank you for the tips Initially I wanted to make it a "How-to stimulate others to give your cookies back" type of guide but you are right. Thank you

SevenArts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SevenArts
Inatangle wrote:This is a cute design, but it doesn't fit the Derby theme.

Also, would you be able to give me your opinion on this latest design? If I am not asking too much. Thanks! ^_^

Inatangle

SevenArts wrote:Also, would you be able to give me your opinion on this latest design? If I am not asking too much. Thanks! ^_^

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/97435/today-on-how-its-made-santas-presents

Hi Seven Arts,

I just sent you a PM.

Inatangle

Re: Vote for Hamilcat

Ummmm... I guess that I'm not, because I am not a sir. I'm a madam!

PS. I just sent you a PM.

Randyotter

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Randyotter
Re: How clouds are made

Thanks for always commenting Intangle and Yazmoq

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 54 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: How To Take Over the World

Thanks, Inatangle and narfcake! I didn't make that connection, but it makes complete sense.

flemtone

quality posts: 16 Private Messages flemtone
Re: Growing Tree

Nice lines! I'd love to see something like this using Autumnal or Spring colors. I think the concept would work very well from lush to stark (Autumn) or the reverse (Spring).

greeneking

Re: Powerpuff Coffee

ooh love the colors! I know several 90s kids who need this shirt

greeneking

Re: The End of the World

Nicely rendered, but I don't think Woot does politics...you may get a reject notice.

carlhuber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carlhuber
Re: Anatomy of Thanksgiving

Thanks for the votes guys, I really think this is a silly fun idea that'd work great for the holidays :D

ILoveEwe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ILoveEwe
Re: Winter's Little Helpers

Awe thank you so much thatquietgir1, Narfcake, yazmoq and Inatangle! I really appreciate it!

I had a lot of fun making this one, but I wasn't sure if people here loved penguins I'm glad people do!

ILoveEwe

Re: Powerpuff Coffee

I love this style. The colors are great, and it almost looks a bit like that coffee chalkboard art.

ILoveEwe

Re: How To Take Over the World

I usually like your cats, but this one is particularly cute. He's so chubby and innocent looking! I like that juxtaposition with the text

Narfcake

quality posts: 381 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

ILoveEwe wrote:Awe thank you so much thatquietgir1, Narfcake, yazmoq and Inatangle! I really appreciate it!

I had a lot of fun making this one, but I wasn't sure if people here loved penguins I'm glad people do!

Penguins, bunnies, and turtles used to be very prolific here. Very very very prolific.

And that was only one artist.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

ILoveEwe

Re: Chemewstry

Beautiful execution of an awesome idea. You make amazing cats, but the particle effect is just so great. Really beautiful!

ILoveEwe

Narfcake wrote:Penguins, bunnies, and turtles used to be very prolific here. Very very very prolific.

And that was only one artist.

Oh? I knew about bunnies being popular at one point, but I didn't know about turtles and penguins.

For most of the time I've been here it's foxes and cats. A few others here and there, but mostly those two. Fun to draw and to wear, but it's good to know people seem to like different animals too

Thanks for the insight

Narfcake

quality posts: 381 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

ILoveEwe wrote:Oh? I knew about bunnies being popular at one point, but I didn't know about turtles and penguins.

It was because of one artist. One. Artist.

129: No bunnies.
130: No bunnies.
131: No bunnies.
132: No bunnies.
135: No bunnies.
138: No bunnies.
139: No bunnies.
141: No bunnies.
142: No bunnies.
143: No bunnies.
146: No bunnies.
149: No bunnies. No penguins.
151: No bunnies. No penguins.
153: No bunnies. No penguins.
154: No bunnies.
158: No bunnies. No hamsters.
159: No bunnies.
160: No kittens, bunnies, or penguins.
177: No penguins.
178: No bunnies.
181: No bunnies.
182: No bunnies.
183: No bunnies. ... no kittens or penguins either.
184: No bunnies or penguins.
185: No bunnies. No penguins either.
186: No bunnies, kittens, or turtles.
190: No penguins or squirrels.
194: No anthropomorphic animals
195: No bunnies or squirrels.
212: No turtles.

ETA: Started from derby #70; I stopped looking after derby #295. Any specific rules afterwards were coincidental.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 54 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
ILoveEwe wrote:I usually like your cats, but this one is particularly cute. He's so chubby and innocent looking! I like that juxtaposition with the text

I tried to go extra cute and innocent this time to offset the text. Thanks for noticing!

acraigl

Re: Upgrade decisions...

I just realized I forgot the shadow layer. This is the version I submitted to woot.

VOTE! >>

manhandsha

quality posts: 62 Private Messages manhandsha
acraigl wrote:I just realized I forgot the shadow layer. This is the version I submitted to woot.

I thought it looked like it was missing something!

acraigl

manhandsha wrote:I thought it looked like it was missing something!

Say something yo! :P

VOTE! >>

lunaocean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lunaocean

manhandsha

quality posts: 62 Private Messages manhandsha
acraigl wrote:Say something yo! :P

I would've if it'd have been more than like 20min before you posted that, as I was peeking at the current standings. By the time I got to the thread, you'd posted! I didn't see the print file, though.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Guac

Would've been very disappointing not to have a Walmazan recipe shirt in this derby. Big +1

jnolen85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jnolen85
Re: Lemonade

Thanks everyone for the comments and votes!

jnolen85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jnolen85
Narfcake wrote:It was because of one artist. One. Artist.

Wow, so many voters and subbing artists back then. 760+ votes is pretty amazing for a single design.

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thatquietgir1
greeneking wrote:ooh love the colors! I know several 90s kids who need this shirt

Thanks greeneking!

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thatquietgir1
ILoveEwe wrote:I love this style. The colors are great, and it almost looks a bit like that coffee chalkboard art.

I see that too now that you mention it, cool Tysm

ILoveEwe

Narfcake wrote:It was because of one artist. One. Artist.

I actually opened all of those links and, while admiring the submissions, laughed pretty hard at (Derby 141):

"No bunnies. Seriously. Maybe forever."

Apparently they hit bunny overload