jnolen85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jnolen85
Re: mog-man

A far better hero than that bat guy.

jaquadro

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jaquadro
Re: Asteroid?

Oh this is fantastic. This is a must-buy.

giraffalot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages giraffalot
Re: 1983

Thanks for the great advice and comments
Is it possible to offer variants with woot designs? So customers can choose preferred option:

--------------------------------
Vote for Dungeons & Dragons!

giraffalot

Re: Game Over

Canada leaf! XD

spikeani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
Inatangle wrote:Sharp looking design!

This was my favorite game back in the day

tazfreeatlast

quality posts: 21 Private Messages tazfreeatlast
Re: Skeletor

Also, it's Eternia, not Ethernia

simic

quality posts: 12 Private Messages simic
Re: Fatal Fantasy VII

Thanks guys!
Since the votes stalled, I'm hoping it gets an honorable mention print.
Come on Woot! I know you have a whole stack of white shirts just begging to be used.

simic

Re: Meowtal Kombat

Thank you and welcome to the PANDER-DOME!

acraigl

quality posts: 181 Private Messages acraigl
kg07 wrote:Nice design acraigl! I have no idea how to do pixel art, so I can sympathize. The important thing to nail is the concept and design. I hope this prints as I am looking to buy xmas presents for my kids!

Thanks, man. I used to do interface design back in the day when monitors were 640x480. There wasn't anything BUT pixels to work with. That said, this was my first foray into artwork in this style. Appreciate the kind comments.

acraigl

giraffalot wrote:Thanks for the great advice and comments
Is it possible to offer variants with woot designs? So customers can choose preferred option:

I've only seen variants offered a few times, but usually it's in a specialty sale. I've never seen it offered from a derby.

acraigl

Re: Low Resolution Excitement

kg07's design brought me back. Thanks for the inspiration!. This was too silly not to do.

simic

Re: Indy Game

Got us a winner over here!
This is probably the best way to represent that scene.

calbers76

quality posts: 3 Private Messages calbers76

kg07

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kg07
acraigl wrote:kg07's design brought me back. Thanks for the inspiration!. This was too silly not to do.

Nice one acraigl! My design combining the Game of Thrones with Adventure may be to complicated (or not well executed). Hope this one gets some votes.

SevenArts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SevenArts
Re: Starfox

You should be higher! I love the style

spikeani

SevenArts wrote:You should be higher! I love the style

Thanks, but was late sending sort of last minute. Fingered crossed.

mecos

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mecos
Re: Fall of the Ancients

very cool concept and execution. surprised it doesn't have more votes

taternuggets

quality posts: 26 Private Messages taternuggets

Great design, Carl!

Nothing follows.

jrberger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrberger
Re: Skeletor

Yeah, this is cool, even if you had to remove the text.

spikeani

Re: Banana Strong

Banana beats everything

rasabi

quality posts: 45 Private Messages rasabi

Haaa. It is great.

scorneau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scorneau
kg07 wrote:Lol! I would prefer this in the Dig Dug colors, but funny! +!

Aww...Shoot. Good call. Ah well, too late now. 😊

jlcorneau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlcorneau
Re: Dug Out

Haha! That's where they all went!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 17 Private Messages cdrewlow

Holy cow! Thank you, everyone, for the support! You guys are all amazing!

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Re: The Maze

Nice one!

thatquietgir1

Re: PokéInvaders

This is cool, love the mashup Personally I think it would be stronger without the white outlines though, except for maybe around pika's ears

acraigl

thatquietgir1 wrote:This is cool, love the mashup Personally I think it would be stronger without the white outlines though, except for maybe around pika's ears

I added the outline because the characters lost definition against the black shirt without them. If it doesn't print, I'll look at alternate means of upping the contrast.

Thanks for that feedback!

thatquietgir1

acraigl wrote:I added the outline because the characters lost definition against the black shirt without them. If it doesn't print, I'll look at alternate means of upping the contrast.

Thanks for that feedback!

Ah I see what you mean. Perhaps using the color of the character instead of white. Just a thought

rglee129

quality posts: 29 Private Messages rglee129

So good. Please win!

perdita00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perdita00
Re: Reach For The Stars

This is adorable! Love it!

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 42 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
Re: Meowtal Kombat

I can't get enough of the "dragon" cat's face. This better print.

ochopika

quality posts: 30 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

marceepauff wrote:Personally, I have at least two built-in votes. Me and my dad (who's a wooter). I also have friends who woot and I usually ask them to vote as well. Some people post on facebook or twitter to get their friends and followers to vote. And I can only assume there are several artists that have (or have access to) more than one account; many artists have spouses or kids that woot as well - those are practically built in votes too. At the end of the day, those 5 or 6 "built-in" votes don't usually swing a victory when the 1st-3rd places get 150+ votes - although the voting has dropped off a lot, so every vote does help.

PS if you participate in the forums and you put your entries in your sig like me (and acraigl) sometimes you might get a click from there too.

Most votes come from an artist's fanbase who are separate from their immediate family. I don't recommend having multiple accounts for more than 2 or 3 family members and using them to vote. You may have like 10 children that all need to vote for your design, buuuuut I can't tell the difference between that and someone who just has 10 accounts they're using to cheat. Just a heads up!

marceepauff

quality posts: 23 Private Messages marceepauff
ochopika wrote:Most votes come from an artist's fanbase who are separate from their immediate family. I don't recommend having multiple accounts for more than 2 or 3 family members and using them to vote. You may have like 10 children that all need to vote for your design, buuuuut I can't tell the difference between that and someone who just has 10 accounts they're using to cheat. Just a heads up!

I wasn't suggesting people sign up for multiple accounts in the same household. My dad has his own house and his own account. I promise, I'm a grown up with kids of my own. But I do have friends and co-workers who woot in my office and in other states - they will usually vote for me, if I ask them to (and they also vote for other shirts they like). Asking woot friends for votes only brings more boys to the yard... a yard that desperately needs boys. Certainly not enough boys to swing a victory (as you can plainly see).

giraffalot

ochopika wrote:Most votes come from an artist's fanbase who are separate from their immediate family. I don't recommend having multiple accounts for more than 2 or 3 family members and using them to vote. You may have like 10 children that all need to vote for your design, buuuuut I can't tell the difference between that and someone who just has 10 accounts they're using to cheat. Just a heads up!

ha, the only person in my house I can ask is my better half, and she failed at the login stage. I showed my design to a few retro fans at work this time, and I really hope some of the sci-fi fan dudes/dudettes who follow me online also liked it enough to vote. Difficult to tell in this fog.

transformingegg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages transformingegg

Super late entry, not likely to do well in the derby but was fun to make. I hope people like it

Re: Button Masher

scaryperry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scaryperry
Re: Asteroid?

AWESOME!

acraigl

transformingegg wrote:Super late entry, not likely to do well in the derby but was fun to make. I hope people like it

Honestly, I'd take it down either in favor of another derby, or a daily sub. It's sure to do well, but with Thanksgiving and all it may not see many looks. Very cute though, TE!

Inatangle

quality posts: 115 Private Messages Inatangle
Re: Button Masher

acraigl wrote:Honestly, I'd take it down either in favor of another derby, or a daily sub. It's sure to do well, but with Thanksgiving and all it may not see many looks. Very cute though, TE!

I have to agree with acraig1. Spot on! You have a very funny entry here, which I voted for, but you shouldn't waste this entry.

With Thanksgiving (an American Holiday observance) being tomorrow, November 24, things have been crazy busy for me, and doubtless, other people as well. So busy that I haven't gotten to go through the Derby Entries nearly as much as I usually do... sigh.

marceepauff

quality posts: 23 Private Messages marceepauff
acraigl wrote:Honestly, I'd take it down either in favor of another derby, or a daily sub. It's sure to do well, but with Thanksgiving and all it may not see many looks. Very cute though, TE!

It might very well get an HM, though?

acraigl

marceepauff wrote:It might very well get an HM, though?

Totes. But I think he can do better.