acraigl

quality posts: 185 Private Messages acraigl
Inatangle wrote:Agreed! gmv

Thanks Inatangle!

VOTE! >>

jerroul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerroul
Inatangle wrote:Magical designing! gmv

btw, did you base this design on the Sorcerer's apprentice in Walt Disney's original animated 1940 Fantasia movie? (Mickey Mouse starred as the apprentice.) It sure reminds me of it and is perfect for this Derby!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasia_(1940_film)

Certainly looks that way to me...good job.

simic

quality posts: 14 Private Messages simic
Inatangle wrote:Magical designing! gmv

btw, did you base this design on the Sorcerer's apprentice in Walt Disney's original animated 1940 Fantasia movie? (Mickey Mouse starred as the apprentice.) It sure reminds me of it and is perfect for this Derby!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasia_(1940_film)

jerroul wrote:Certainly looks that way to me...good job.

Yup!
I was going to name it "Wizard's Apprentice" but it was too long.

Narfcake

quality posts: 381 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

agingdragqueen wrote:Thank you! And also the rest of you guys who are being supportive while I try to pander to the cute vote

The cat crowd is what you have to panda to. There's not much left of the cute crowd once the 'King of Kawaii' left here for med school ...

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

acraigl

Narfcake wrote:The cat crowd is what you have to panda to. There's not much left of the cute crowd once the 'King of Kawaii' left here for med school ...

Narf! When did you get the volunteer mod position? Or have I been under a forum rock for a while?

VOTE! >>

Narfcake

quality posts: 381 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

acraigl wrote:Narf! When did you get the volunteer mod position? Or have I been under a forum rock for a while?

Maybe? It's been a week already.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 999 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

acraigl wrote:Narf! When did you get the volunteer mod position? Or have I been under a forum rock for a while?

Good grief! It took FOREVER for someone to notice over here! An eagle eyed wooter noticed after his first post in my Happy Hour.

Narf does so much here that we asked him to help us out with a more distinct title. He can also help us rid the site of those pesky spammers.

WELCOME NARF & THANK YOU!!!!!

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Inatangle

quality posts: 127 Private Messages Inatangle
ThunderThighs wrote:Good grief! It took FOREVER for someone to notice over here! An eagle eyed wooter noticed after his first post in my Happy Hour.

Narf does so much here that we asked him to help us out with a more distinct title. He can also help us rid the site of those pesky spammers.

WELCOME NARF & THANK YOU!!!!!

Actually, I noticed it about a week ago. I was going to PM Narfcake to ask him about it. Now I don't have to.

Narf has always been super helpful to me, and (I've noticed) to other people too. There are times when I've wondered if there is anything he doesn't know about Shirt Woot. It's great to see him get a title for something he does so well.

Inatangle

Re: Coffee with Scream

It took me awhile, but I finally got the reference.

Inatangle

Inatangle

Re: supercatifragilisticexpialidocious

Even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious...

kg07

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kg07
Inatangle wrote:I'm surprised this one doesn't have more votes. It's hilarious!

(I voted for it several days ago when I didn't have time to comment...)

Thanks for the nice words and support inatangle.

Inatangle

Re: Attack of the Molemen

I could use an explanation of this one.....? Actually there are many entries in this Derby that I wish I understood better. I'd probably be a bit below average in a game of Hollywood Trivial Pursuit...

By the way, I answered your PM.

Inatangle

Re: I'm Sorry Dave. Beep boop.

I get the 2001 reference... is this a mash up with something???

Inatangle

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Re: The Cats

Cool

AngelVoice113

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AngelVoice113
Re: Straight Outta Kansas

I NEED this shirt. Need.

Inatangle

Re: Purrabia

This is a sweet image, and a clever pun. Definitely one of the better cat entries in this Derby.

(By the way, I just sent you a PM.)

Inatangle

Re: Anatomy of an Imperial Soldier

jnolen85 wrote:I like the "with bad aim", nice touch.

Me too... it made me lol!

Inatangle

Re: Life Sweet Life

lol! Well, this is one interesting mashup! Are those plants on the border of this design from the Little Shop of Horrors? gmv

Inatangle

Re: We're off to see the Doctor

Cute! gmv

One thing that this Derby proves is that there are a lot of Wizard of Oz lovers around here... I'm one of them!

spikeani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
Inatangle wrote:I could use an explanation of this one.....? Actually there are many entries in this Derby that I wish I understood better. I'd probably be a bit below average in a game of Hollywood Trivial Pursuit...

By the way, I answered your PM.

this was an old B horror movie called Attack of the Molemen. Really low budget kind of movie. They also used this theme for an old Superman serial picture staring George Reeves. I decided to a spin n it and use Morocco Mole. It was a long shot.

kg07

Re: Life Sweet Life

Combining two of my favorite things from the past earns a vote (and a nice design as well). Hope this prints! +1

kg07

Re: The Last Word in Sleds

Nice design. You are one of the best here on woot at designing t-shirts with text. I am jealous. +1

kg07

Re: Charlie Catlin

This is a very nice idea for a design. I am not a professional artist (see me designs for confirmation), but I have a tiny bit of constructive criticism that may (or may not) be helpful. The drawing, composition and idea are really nice, but the fact that all the lines are completely uniform makes it look artificial and digital. I think that if you made this really minor change, your design would get a lot more votes. +1

kg07

Re: Nosferatu Cat

This combines the best of woot (cats) with the best of early cinema. +1

kg07

Re: Classic Meh

The text here is nicely done. It hard to figure out why some shirts get a lot of votes and others not, but this one (in my completely subjective opinion ) deserves more votes. +1

kg07

Re: Eyeballs

This is really cute. I don't get the specific reference (although I am clueless in general), unless it is the generic attack of... style. However, I currently have two kittens attacking our Christmas tree and would love to see this printed. +1

kg07

Re: Anatomy of an Imperial Soldier

LOL! Nice design and retro feel! +1

kg07

Re: Dr. Cookie and Mr.Monster

They seem to be very (moderately) sensitive about copyright infringement with the cookie guy here at woot, so I don't know if they would print this. But, I like it and it gets my vote. +1

kg07

Re: Seven Samurais

Great movie and nice design! +1

kg07

Re: Hero Without a Quest

Nice job with the pixel art on this design. Takes me back to my childhood (the pixel art in the games, not the James Dean movies) +1

kg07

Re: Charlie Catlin

In reading back my last comment, I realize that I probably came across as a bit pretentious. I don't really know anything about art, but just figured that my (unsolicited) feedback might be of some limited value.

LaVikinga

quality posts: 22 Private Messages LaVikinga
Re: Excalibur

Damned shame this doesn't qualify. It's good!

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

acraigl

kg07 wrote:In reading back my last comment, I realize that I probably came across as a bit pretentious. I don't really know anything about art, but just figured that my (unsolicited) feedback might be of some limited value.

I think it was a good bit of constructive criticism, and the artist community should feel ok to contribute to each other in this way, without thinking we're going to hurt feelings. I wish there was more of this, actually. As long as it's positive and in the interest of overall improvement, these types of comments are very valuable IMO.

VOTE! >>

kriswone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kriswone

can i buy this now?

Re: Octo Kong

giraffalot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages giraffalot
Re: The Cookiefather - Don Corlecookie

Is this face a copyrighted image though? I hope not of course, just wondering.

--------------------------------
Vote for Dungeons & Dragons!

giraffalot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages giraffalot
Re: The Tinmanator

Is it just me or is there some fierce battling going on to get into and pushing out of the fog this week?? Also, these scores even before the fog seem a LOT higher than usual! Are people voting more this week??

--------------------------------
Vote for Dungeons & Dragons!

johnsonua

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnsonua
spikeani wrote:Don't know how can came up with this. But Bullwinkle in drag funny and disturbing at the same time.

Yes, I felt the last dregs of my childhood innocence drain away...