akerbs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akerbs
SamoaJoe wrote:This concept has been done before :

http://www.luckythreadz.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=320&name=Apple-Pi

They are not at all similar.

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
jzelts wrote:i'm no fan of snakes but this is so well done.

Thanks jzelts. Not every shirt is for everyone, but I get the feeling snakes aren't high on many people's list of favorites....

Jimiyo, thanks for the comments on the, um, “striking” colors.

I may take your advice to try that palette again – maybe they’ll inspire a future design.

Thanks to others who commented as well. Adder, I’ll do my best to post sooner this week! Superspryte.... Glad you like it. I’m not convinced snakes are a very popular subject matter around here, so not sure I’ll be rushing to make more. It’s generally best to stick with furry things, right?

klay00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klay00
Re: om

very nice
must get one of these for my wife

glad to see it moved up to number six
keep going!

khergoar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khergoar
Re: Alas poor Yorick (spelled correctly)

Awww, this isn't going to make it?

I want a skull shirt, but you can't just go wearing skulls without a reason.

And I'm not angsty... This would have been a good enough excuse.

Would have bought one for sure!

khergoar

mikectc wrote:I must have missed the discussion about your previous copy of this shirt. Why did you end up re submitting this as a different name?

Well...

I couldn't find the original post, but I remember asking why 'W' and that I thought 'P' might have been a funnier letter, or that 'M' might have made more sense. Like 'M' is for monkey!

Someone made a good argument about 'W' being the middle initial of some country's president... Not sure where it went from there.

khergoar

Re: Quoth the sparrow

I would buy this for sure. It's so esoteric, even wooters later on would see my shirt and be like, "Huh?"

And it does suit the overall parody mindset of woot. Perhaps one of the surprise entries later?

The comment about a "his and hers" set is pretty good, too.

I really did chuckle out loud. GMV.

Paul Watson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Paul Watson
clintercell wrote:Ok, so Im re-submitting this design because I thought my last one needed some changes. I made letters more clear and added some more to the picture. My friends like to make "dead baby" and "eat baby" jokes so I had them in mind when I designed this shirt. Hope you guys enjoy it!

also here is a higher res. version of the image:
[img=http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3195/babydesigncloseupho0.th.jpg]

My wife makes dog biscuits at home and uses baby food (beef, turkey, etc).... they're know in our household as "baby meat biscuits". Yum!

Turbotuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turbotuff
Re: hungry shark

Why does this have white in mouth in one picture but appears to have black in mouth in the other... kinda confusing.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

asyrith wrote:*giggles*, just noticed that this isn't musically correct. Solfege (do, re, mi) isn't a range of half notes. I guess that I should have noticed that before. It's still pretty awesome though.

What? It looks accurate to me. It's just missing si/ri/me/etc. The basic solfege is accurate. It's solfege for a C major scale. Although the size of the keys shouldn't be variable either. Still, I have no idea what you're talking about...

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

redghia69 wrote:Thanks jzelts. Not every shirt is for everyone, but I get the feeling snakes aren't high on many people's list of favorites....

Jimiyo, thanks for the comments on the, um, “striking” colors.

I may take your advice to try that palette again – maybe they’ll inspire a future design.

Thanks to others who commented as well. Adder, I’ll do my best to post sooner this week! Superspryte.... Glad you like it. I’m not convinced snakes are a very popular subject matter around here, so not sure I’ll be rushing to make more. It’s generally best to stick with furry things, right?

What program did you use for the 3d? My initial thought is 3d studio max but I really have no idea.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Blue Birds in Nest

Just a quick word of thanks to all that voted on my entries this week. Looking forward to the new theme. We'll be traveling for a few weeks, but maybe I can get an entry in while 'on the road'.

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
SamoaJoe wrote:This concept has been done before :

http://www.luckythreadz.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=320&name=Apple-Pi

akerbs wrote:They are not at all similar.

yeah, this pi pie has nothing to do with apples, so not even the "concept" has been done before... just a "related" concept at best

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

jabaldy33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jabaldy33

Amazing, I want this shirt

dasmonkeyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
Re: I can do a raven too two

I'm just dissapointed that the Evil Panda Robot of Doom hasn't reappeared... Beware the EPRoD, it's watching, patiently waiting to pounce and snap you like a bamboo shoot. Robots have a lot of patience.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
Re: Eeeny Meeny Miney Moe

I can't believe this tiger isn't in the fog yet. What's it gonna take? What do you think the magic # is? I'm rootin' for ya, tgentry

jpofpc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpofpc

Love the shirt. If I'm going to wear glasses. I might as well wear them loud and proud.

Macgyver

PabloPalmeri6837

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PabloPalmeri6837
phatseaslug wrote:Unfortunately, the meaning of this shirt is not very exciting. It's supposed to make no sense really (at least to most people). My brother-in-law's middle name is Honway, and this is just a joke we make. It was just supposed to seem random. I think it was just rejected because it is not in the shape of my brother-in-law though.

HONWAY is
The act of an entire group having sex in lockerroom. Don't
play stupid.

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
Re: Eeeny Meeny Miney Moe

I think this is definitely the most well constructed and has the best colors of any entries of this type (except my sister's raven of course ). It's probably hindered by its perceived childishness.

jjrt2571

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjrt2571
Re: Ribet the frog

Way cool....I hope the votes come at the last minute...I would get at least one

LiveSquid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LiveSquid

Wow.. Serene AND creepy. neat.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

shan24 wrote:I can't believe this tiger isn't in the fog yet. What's it gonna take? What do you think the magic # is? I'm rootin' for ya, tgentry

Thanks Shan! Hey, 600 votes isn't bad, can't complain too much, fogged or not.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: Quoth the sparrow

This I would have bought.. too bad there are not enough votes.

Dagith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dagith
rdyoungster wrote:Last year I was running around the east coast looking for lighthouses to photograph for a friend, and while doing some research for an upcoming trip, ran across the sheer volume of Michigan lighthouses. Unbelievable as it may seem(although in retrospect, quite logical because of the lakes) Michigan has the most lighthouses in the country. I had no Idea. Now I need to plan a trip to Michigan...

Michigan FTW!

akerbs

sailstud25 wrote:yeah, this pi pie has nothing to do with apples, so not even the "concept" has been done before... just a "related" concept at best

True.

I like this shirt much better than the one that was "copied".

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
tgentry wrote:Thanks Shan! Hey, 600 votes isn't bad, can't complain too much, fogged or not.

So true, you should be very proud of your vote total! And crazy things always happen in the last hour of voting.

akerbs

superspryte wrote:He had 3.141592 but changed it. Asking him to add more...that's a bit silly. It's a shirt; it's accurate even if it is rounded and adding more would just muddy it up.

Pi is a irrational number anyway, so no matter how many digits you put on a shirt, you will still have to round.

bravosix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bravosix

Man, i love this shirt. Wish it had a chance of winning. Good luck anyways.

jdrage

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jdrage

Very cool idea and execution.

Man, I wish I had more time to enter this one.

mwm8180

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwm8180
Re: flammable material

once again thanks for the support this week everyone. feels really great seeing comments from people letting you know something I worked so hard on is appreciated.

I'm bummed i didn't make it to the top, but breaking 100 isn't bad!

thanks again, ill see you in future derbys.

ejend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejend
ejend wrote:Isnt this a celebrity image or likeness?

Looks good, but I still cant get an anwser why this is not considered a celebrity likeness!!!!

robyn1971

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robyn1971
Re: U.S. Lighthouses

Thanks everyone who voted for me this week! I only hope my entries to better as the weeks go on. As it is, I'm stoked to have gotten as many votes as I did.

Thanks Again!

r

ejend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejend
akerbs wrote:Brilliant design! Well done.

I still can't get an anwswer as to why Abraham Lincoln is not a celebrity image. Seems a little fishy to me.

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
khergoar wrote:I would buy this for sure. It's so esoteric, even wooters later on would see my shirt and be like, "Huh?"

And it does suit the overall parody mindset of woot. Perhaps one of the surprise entries later?

The comment about a "his and hers" set is pretty good, too.

I really did chuckle out loud. GMV.

What would hers say? I have a headache.

Jemmacakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes

Maybe this can be a regular non-derby design. I am so sad this didn't make it.

surflunesta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surflunesta

Wow....this really deserved to be #1. Fantastic run though. PLEASE let me know if you get this printed elsewhere in the future.

fibonacci

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fibonacci

I really really really like this shirt!!! I only wish the font was a little more elegant, in keeping with the speech.. Ah well - I'll definitely buy one anyway!

Re: Gettysburg Address

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
MHBoston wrote:Amach06...helping trolls format correctly, one troll at a time

Man how did i miss this post. So great.

Well there is always next year....

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
surflunesta wrote:Wow....this really deserved to be #1. Fantastic run though. PLEASE let me know if you get this printed elsewhere in the future.

second that. if this gets printed somewhere else, I'd love to have one.
/#1 to me! ^_^

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
Re: Elemental

Thanks again to everyone who voted for my shirt, it feels really good to have done this well for a first submission. =]

nulli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nulli

Hope it gets made somewhere. Such a great design.