SmijinGT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SmijinGT
Re: Zoological Still Life Zone in the style of Flegel

Here's hoping for an honorable mention and do over derby!

dsatele

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsatele
Josephus wrote:" Its people like you that like to return food because it looks funny, or try to sound important by spewing speeches on things you have no control over."

Now that was an unwarranted, ugly personal comment. All I've ever said was that it was unfair for this design to stay in when other designs with more than six colors get rejected. I haven't escalated my comments from the first one I made, that I didn't think this was fair for woot to allow this one when they have rejected so many others for having 7 or 8 colors. Good luck next week.

This shirt is an example of doing the right thing at the expense of the rules. The additional colors may have garnered some extra depth but the color depth of this shirt is not its selling point. It is unfair to think that people were voting this up because of the color. People voted this up for the concept. Sure, it is unfair to people in the past who were rejected over too many colors but I would prefer that Woot get it right this time than to reject this on a technicality in the interest of being fair.

Dcutshaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dcutshaw
byrbwr wrote:this doesn't make any sense.

I do believe this is a turtle dove if I'm not mistaken.

kizat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kizat
Re: (Yet Another) Tetris design in the Mondrian Style

congrats on being in the fog!

Don't you be wastin' all your money on syrup and honey because I'm sweet enough.

theafterglow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theafterglow
Re: (Yet Another) Tetris design in the Mondrian Style

I'd definately wear this. I to agree it looks more like Frank Lloyd Wright to me.

kronic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kronic
Re: To the Top in the Style of Da Vinci

this is fantastic. wonderfully done.

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
CitrusD wrote:Wow, simply magnificent. I'm willing to stay up until midnight to get this one. I've been wooting for 3.5 years and this is the first product I've complimented.

Great Job

wow. i'm honored.

input

quality posts: 0 Private Messages input

randomchik23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randomchik23

this is so cool!!!

scottonthepot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scottonthepot
Re: Frogger in the cubist style

It looks like he is playing with himself. snortz!!

dances

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dances
steveo4237 wrote:if you were to make this shirt outside of woot i would totally buy one

We'll see what happens with honorary mentions (I'm crossing my fingers.) but if it doesn't make it, you'll probably see this at least being submitted to another site.

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
Re: Dangerous Creature in the style of Durer

only design i would have purchased this round
hope we see him again somewhere/time

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
Re: Gamer Mother in the style of Whistler

this deserves to get printed loop, dont let it die here

timmothy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timmothy
Re: To the Top in the Style of Da Vinci

This is worth staying up for!!

D1C0M

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M
solution8908 wrote:Niiiiceee I'm really diggin this shirt. Hopefully it'll come up quick. My favorite one though

Hey, thanks alot! I really enjoyed making this one. Glad you enjoyed it.

sayah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah
Re: Mario in style of Matt Groening - Klasky Csupo

David is right. This is on topic and passes the guidelines...unfortunately being right does not always prevail.

Let's move on.

DGMavn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DGMavn

realitytwist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realitytwist
Re: Kerby as War Propaganda

you're shirt should have won cause your awesome!
snortz! =) i do like it tho, better luck next time!

friends are just enemies who don't have the guts to kill you

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Monkey Wrench King - Style of Akira Toriyama

Thanks guys!

I don't think this is a Threadless kind of entry. To my knowledge they look for more original work. I just don't see them printing this.

fluffykins112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fluffykins112

RAS2290

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RAS2290

This design is really clever and clean. I wish it made the final four.

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

imma buy the hell out of this

fofmock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fofmock

Josephus, I don't know if you realize it or not, but overly insisting that I went behind the public eye to ask woot if its okay, and saying things about my design may seem like they are not personal comments about me, but they are. Everything you said I took personally, and when you couldn't understand the idea that mistakes happen and I ment no harm in my submission, it led me to lash back. Trust me, the fear of rejection has scared me to the point that I will always remember the color limits, and thanks for cutting a relatively new derbiest just a little slack. Anyways, thanks all for voting, and some backing me, others im sorry if you feel slighted by my mistake. hope to see some more support for my designs in the future!

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional
peppersagooddog wrote:only design i would have purchased this round

Same.

kherova

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kherova
Re: Young Guitarist in the style of Old Guitarist

This is really good, I only wish you would have made it a little more obvious that it was a Guitar Hero Guitar. It looks a lot like an electric guitar, but gets more mileage as a an electronic guitar. This definately deserves to be at the top.

buu2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buu2

Drat. I really wanted this shirt. More than any of the others. Guess I'll be saving 10 bucks this week. Shame.

fofmock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fofmock
Re: Portals in the style of M.C. Escher

noooooooooooo.... shame.. i guess my estimation was off after all, better luck next time!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
peppersagooddog wrote:only design i would have purchased this round

Not fully agreed... there were others i'd have picked up. However, this is certainly the first woot derby shirt in a long time that I absolutely need in my wardrobe.

Also, it's in my blog

AdderXYU

sokowa wrote:Oh sweet, thanks!

You think that's good? I blathered on this for a paragraph!

Great stuff, seriously.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
fofmock wrote:Josephus, I don't know if you realize it or not, but overly insisting that I went behind the public eye to ask woot if its okay, and saying things about my design may seem like they are not personal comments about me, but they are. Everything you said I took personally, and when you couldn't understand the idea that mistakes happen and I ment no harm in my submission, it led me to lash back. Trust me, the fear of rejection has scared me to the point that I will always remember the color limits, and thanks for cutting a relatively new derbiest just a little slack. Anyways, thanks all for voting, and some backing me, others im sorry if you feel slighted by my mistake. hope to see some more support for my designs in the future!

I can appreciate that. My perspective is that had it been me, I would probably have responded just as you did, though without the personal comments. My frustration is with the inconsistencies in rejections, not with people trying to get their designs printed. I probably didn't get that across well enough, and I'm sorry about that.

Snichells

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Snichells
CitrusD wrote:Wow, simply magnificent. I'm willing to stay up until midnight to get this one. I've been wooting for 3.5 years and this is the first product I've complimented.

Great Job

Same. Three years here. First time I'll be staying up for shirt.woot and not woot!

Thanks!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

AdderXYU wrote:You think that's good? I blathered on this for a paragraph!

Great stuff, seriously.

Thanks for the blog nod, Adder!

tenchimyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tenchimyo

[quote postid="2715004" user="Kwatson29"I just wanted to make sure that it was clear that neon art is a real art form strictly for the point of "not" being rejected. ![/quote]

yeah I mean I personally can see a lot of things as art, and this is def one of em! different styles and different views make fore an interesting derby! I can't wait to try another one and see all the stuff people come up with : 3

Ryfiel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryfiel

I guess I'll have to use my ebay sniper skills then...

edit: huh? I logged in and got tossed to this thread??

AdderXYU

Josephus wrote:I can appreciate that. My perspective is that had it been me, I would probably have responded just as you did, though without the personal comments. My frustration is with the inconsistencies in rejections, not with people trying to get their designs printed. I probably didn't get that across well enough, and I'm sorry about that.

I'd be careful, Jos. Last time I dared speak out about Woot's total bullcrap rule shirking, I got a week probation

captainangry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages captainangry
Re: Zoological Still Life Zone in the style of Flegel

Please please please sell this shirt, I will buy three!

wastedthelight

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wastedthelight
Re: Portals in the style of M.C. Escher

DAMNIT!!!!! I wanted this shirt!

Love me some Woot! Must make a family of screaming monkeys!

wastedthelight

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wastedthelight
Re: His Hat, Glove and Boot in the style of Realism

Shame it didn't place....

Love me some Woot! Must make a family of screaming monkeys!

neondion920

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neondion920

is there any way to get this shirt, or other non wining shirts for that matter, there are alot of great shirts and i really want them. NOW!!

bebopasorus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bebopasorus

i want to buy ten million zillion of these shirts... its greek its zombies its clean its olive drab it not white so stains wont show like on the mario shirt. dont eject this it is masterpiece- id vote plus once i figure out how