SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT

[

Re: Alice in Chains

quote postid="3842456" user="Hammylink"]I have to say I really like the new album "Black Gives Way to Blue". The more you listen, the more their music seems melodic and enduring. I would suggest "Private Hell" "Acid Bubble" and the title track from the album.[/quote]

Thanks Hammylink,for more Alice in Chains recommendations, I want to wear this shirt when I check them out!!!!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

FatJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FatJ
anjulka wrote:"ewwww...."???? Who is the rejectionator? A happy boy? Seriously?
Fun fuzzies do NOT deserve "ewwww...."

Maybe a girl?

Adrian S Jones

Allardl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Allardl
Re: Queen

That is awesome! I hope this prints so I can buy it! :D

makdaknife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makdaknife

This shirt is awesome... I want to buy one... where can I get it?

Aquatopia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aquatopia
Re: A Distinct Possibility

An awesome interpretation of my favorite band. DOES WANT.

wmcduff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wmcduff
Re: EWE TOO

You should have given one of the Ewe's Edge's cap to go with the Bono shades. I think the joke would have been stronger. Maybe a mike and a guitar to clarify.

dmsouza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmsouza
Re: Dead Can Dance

shame it looks like this isn't going to print, at least not right now. Hopefully it gets a print on an editor's choice or I may have to contact you later about the design.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
mikenytola wrote:
You are also missing my point... snip

I think that reputation has a lot to do with it, and Ramyb has a (rightly, I think) sketchy reputation with regards to rules. It's not unfair when he gets more scrutiny, because he's warranted it many a time. There have been times when Ramy (and seki) have received unwarranted accusations, but they have only themselves to blame. It's like the boy who cried wolf. Show a chronic refusal to be creative, and people will see it in all your work.

Drakxxx has really done nothing to warrant such accusations, with this design included. No one has pointed fingers at this design because there's nothing about it that merits finger-pointing. Context is important too. Drakxxx has built a reputation with his unique style and creative takes on themes. One formerly rejected re-sub with some changes isn't going to raise alarms.

With Ramyb, the opposite is true on both counts, what with his history of stretching rules on every front and general lack of creativity. Likewise, his resubs have been questionable, considering that other similar resubs by other artists have been rejected.

I'm not pointing fingers at you, but you know I am right or you just don't pay attention.

I understand your point, and I happen to disagree. This kind of fallacious generalization doesn't work with me.

I pretty sure it's not because you don't pay attention. You are actually one of the few people that when I disagree with you, I can have a real discussion with, without getting attitude. I just wanted to point out to the guilty parties how they can be quite transparent and hypocritical... who I'm sure are dying to hold back a response or haven't gotten a chance to yet.

I'm always happy to have a discussion, and I'm glad you are too. Certain others who disagree with me about Ramyb are, suffice it to say, more hysterically defensive.

Zeusandhera

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Zeusandhera
Re: Sublime

Awesome! I love Limes for reason.

Chase3643

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chase3643
Re: Sublime

This design is awesome.... I want the shirt so bad, it has to win!

DJ Anderson

gChinkin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gChinkin

Reminds me of "Feel Good Inc." by the Gorillaz.

Also, it kind of looks another derby entry for the Flight derby? Don't remember which one though

nyren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyren
johncreillyphile wrote:Please excuse my stupidity, but what makes her Alice? Is it a wonderland reference?

There are tons of references to the Alice books. The watch, the bread and butterflies, the playing cards, the shoes and dress, etc. She's wearing black here, which fits with both the card and chess themes of the second book, rather than the confusing and non-canonical blue that she wears in the Disney adaptions, which is why I guess some people don't think she looks like Alice from Lewis Carroll's books.

nyren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyren
Aquatopia wrote:An awesome interpretation of my favorite band. DOES WANT.

Erm, it's not really a unique interpretation. This depicts the exact official origin of the band's name. The design is nice and well done and all, but everyone calling it an "interpretation" is really misleading.

techbowler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages techbowler

Kudos on the design. The colors really pop! I'm hoping for a rally on your design. I was thinking I was going to have to get up early to get the shirt before it sold out. Here's hoping!

jjhatch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjhatch
blosmtx wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They_might_be_giants#Name

Ahhh, I see. I've heard of TMBG, but didn't get what band this was for.

missmissa07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07
jboshaw wrote:Very disappointed to not see this in the fog and unable to place. One of two shirts I was looking forward to buying this weekend. Hopefully it'll get an HM and win a second-chance derby someday.

It's in the fog, though. Right? And it was listed as a contender...Comments like this always confuse me. Am I missing something?

Hoping this prints. I think this shirt is the only one from this derby that I actually will buy. Crossing my fingers...

amandatory

quality posts: 5 Private Messages amandatory

I think BML0579 has a little too much time on his/her hands. Don't like the shirt? Don't vote. What if it prints? Don't buy it. Move on.

You obviously have to use a photo (or your memory, in which case would also be a photo, just in your head) to base the drawing on. You didn't just put clipart on a shirt and call it yours. Thankfully, because I like it. Pretty clever and goofy.

AutoTechInSTL

quality posts: 6 Private Messages AutoTechInSTL

how did it get here?

Steve was DELICIOUS!

AutoTechInSTL

quality posts: 6 Private Messages AutoTechInSTL
coolestghoul wrote:Meh. I was so excited about this one too.

Yes.. my g/f.. who is a chemist.. was going nuts over this shirt. She's been excited about it ever since the first day of this derby.

I have a feeling this would have sold out almost immediately.

And while I do believe this shirt was 'inspired' by the original, I also believe it's different enough to where it probably wouldn't be a problem.

Steve was DELICIOUS!

Aviatrix51

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aviatrix51
Re: They Might Be Giants

OH! My daughter would love this - she's 3 and loves TMBG. and Well, I'd love it too.

fiockthis

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fiockthis

I was surprised when I saw a Melt Banana shirt since most of the woot community only likes fakon poop.

Then I read the comments and had a laugh.

fiockthis

great band.

fiockthis

cdavis124 wrote:That's exactly what I was thinking, but I didn't want to sound like a whiner to everyone. LOL

Great shirt dude. Too bad woot are wussies

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
missmissa07 wrote:It's in the fog, though. Right? And it was listed as a contender...Comments like this always confuse me. Am I missing something?

Hoping this prints. I think this shirt is the only one from this derby that I actually will buy. Crossing my fingers...

Looks like (according to shirtderbystats) that it dropped out of the fog and only rejoined 70 minutes before the derby closed, which means it probably placed 8th or 9th. Unfortunate too, because it's easily the best design in the fog.

zechs77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zechs77

I don't know who Paisley is- but I really dig this shirt!

Fatstrat06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fatstrat06
acobjoe wrote:I created the one that I use. It's from actual photos of a woot shirt, and includes a displacement map. You're more than welcome to download, use and share it at this url:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yce4lzxxlzy/wrinkled_shirt_template.rar

And if someone is unable to open the .rar file, I can upload it as the three separate files.

oh wow, thanks! i feel like there was a forum post with a bunch of these way back when.

DJ9975

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJ9975
hewtab wrote:Hooray for Groucho Marx Resubs!

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=33572

Hooray for it not getting axed on the silly resub!!

marycatherine84

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marycatherine84
Re: Flock of Seagulls

Late that it is, I'm going to chime in anyway and say that you people piss me off when you think a few triangles are the freaking Triforce.

acacia11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acacia11
Re: Justice

Definitely my favorite shirt that was in the derby. Justice is great. I agree with the other poster that it's great you kept with the same ideas used in Cross. I would buy this for sure.

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles
Re: Alice In Chains

I don't understand. Similar shirts? Like the other ones in the derby? It would be useful to provide links, Rejectinator.

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles
Re: The White Stripes

First off, great shirt. But I would love it sooo much more if it didn't have the dude or his lunch. I think it would work without those images. Still, GREAT design.

gummygod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gummygod
nyren wrote:Erm, it's not really a unique interpretation. This depicts the exact official origin of the band's name. The design is nice and well done and all, but everyone calling it an "interpretation" is really misleading.

its an interpretation insofar as there isnt one standard of how windmills can look like giants. this is the artist's interpretation of what they might look like to quixote

kevboh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevboh
stingray69 wrote:Yeah, that's a tough one. You managed it pretty nicely. I'm still sad this never printed.

i still cry a little about that. thanks for reminding me.

unmannedgeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unmannedgeek

This is an excellent shirt. I must have one! Not only is the artwork great, but I'm a big TMBG fan. Also, I like white shirts. Colored shirts are too hot in the summer.

For those who don't know who TMBG is, I suggest you go search youtube and educate yourselves. You're missing out. They do a lot of kids music these days though. Check out the 1990 album "Flood".

emaNresU

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emaNresU
Re: Pedro the Lion

LOVE Pedro the Lion. AWESOME shirt!

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
emaNresU wrote:LOVE Pedro the Lion. AWESOME shirt!

Thank you

clubjuggler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clubjuggler
Re: Ace of Base

Not quite "Ace of Bass" more like "Ace of Cello". Basses have sides that slope up to the neck where cellos have sides that go directly into the neck.

UTX Shiro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages UTX Shiro

Glad it printed! Most shirts I've voted for in the past haven't been as lucky. In for one.

draemoor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages draemoor

European-style resistor symbol makes me sad.

drummerdshea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drummerdshea
Re: Alice in Chains

I like this one much more than the Sublime one (I love the band, but I just couldn't see myself (or anyone else for that matter) wearing the shirt). Neat design and actually could be recognized by passerbys as the band name. Clever piece!

D.Shea