CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: 2+2=5

THERE ARE 4..... LIGHTS!

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
Re: Super Airport Security

You know after reading this little verbal war about whether or not this shirt is in bad taste... I realized, remembering my days as a child, that those bomb characters don't go off unless Mario kicked them.

so it's just traveling and there is no terrorism in the shirt at all. The shirt pokes fun at HOW security is done.

And yes bombs on a plane is no laughing matter but last time I checked in order to move on we have to poke fun at bad things like this.

Even if it was a picture of the bomb guy already on the plane eating peanuts while all the other characters watch him... it's still funny as long as you concentrate on the fact it's video game characters.

so yes it's ****ed up but still funny and i've seen pictures like this all my life.
and the fact it's in the fog proves people like it.

so if you find it in bad taste... then don't buy it. it's as simple as that.

but on a different note... yeah... it's not on topic so it's going to get rejected anyway.

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
cfdunbar wrote:I'm not the best one to provide critique probably, not having actually printed in a derby yet. Though in order to improve myself I studied the comps and designs used by other artists that are popular and adjust my entries, but still keep true to my own style.

Keep your shirts easy to read so as to quickly get the message through (I fail at this alot).

There are certain shirt colors that are favorites, usually the neutrals and darks.

Above all else, remember: voters will vote for whatever tickles their fancy that week, I've been submitting for about a year and a half and have only fogged three times and had one daily print, you just have to keep at it.

Hope this helps!

8D thank you....

flemtone

quality posts: 7 Private Messages flemtone
tjost wrote:
No I don't but I urge a fellow respected artist to think about taking action by himself in light of the potential community backlash.

But...but you're the only one who seems to have a problem with it. My suggestion would be to vote for a different design and let the community speak for themselves.

Oh, wait - they have been.

sealag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sealag
tjost wrote:I understand, however there a million other ways to poke fun at the TSA then by showing a lit bomb getting on a plane.

That's the point - we should be looking for people that appear to want to blow up a plane (Read: "Profiling"). The bomb is a character - He shouldn't be let on the plane with or without shoes...that's why it is funny...whether it offends you or not.

All who wander are not lost.

tonycenteno

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tonycenteno

shatterstar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shatterstar
tjost wrote:... Picture what the consequences of this shirt are after the Bob-omb explodes on the plane...
...He assuredly meant it as something lighthearted...

Consequences would be Mario & Luigi shrinking and spewing mushrooms while the flame guy and bowser in first class would likely be unaffected. Would make for a good followup if they ever post a category to advertise lifesaving mushrooms...

He did mean it as something lighthearted and judging by the # of votes it has received it seems most people realize that. Please leave it as such.

brendan948725

quality posts: 39 Private Messages brendan948725
tjost wrote:Wow man really? I get the joke and the fact the TSA is more interested in shoes then some real threats, but a joke about a lit bomb getting on a plane is not cool, and I say this as someone who respects you.

Your knee jerk reaction to this shirt tells me that you live in fear... meaning the terrorists are winning. Let's just let it be a mocking joke with some nostalgic characters from our childhood and laugh at the lunacy.

*MOST RECENT WOOTS!*

• Random Crap
  • Light Blocking Curtains and Rod
  • HP Deskjet Wireless

• 20 Woots! (5 Bungled Original Communicator)
  • 27 Shirts!
  • 5 Sellouts!
  • 2 Homes!
  • 1 Sport!
  • 2 Techs!
  • 1 Wine!
  • 1 Accessories!
  • 2 Pops!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 88 Private Messages oakenspirit

Can I hire someone to be offended by one of my shirts next week so hundreds of people will vote to defend it? ;)

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats

I see no plane, and clearly Bob hasn't even made it through the scanner yet.

RARHARAHETCTHINGS

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
oakenspirit wrote:Can I hire someone to be offended by one of my shirts next week so hundreds of people will vote to defend it? ;)

Well, if it helps, I was offended by your kinect shirt since I am firmly team xbox... but I guess keeping it quietly to myself didn't bring in the votes.... my bad. Next time.

Nothing follows.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 88 Private Messages oakenspirit
taternuggets wrote:Well, if it helps, I was offended by your kinect shirt since I am firmly team xbox... but I guess keeping it quietly to myself didn't bring in the votes.... my bad. Next time.

/highfives

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: What you always suspected
rainabelle wrote:You obviously don't have a cat. : )

I think that's a pretty solid answer!

Thanks to everyone who voted!

Vote!

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Liberty- Some Supervision Required

Thanks for all the votes and support everyone.

Nothing follows.

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
taternuggets wrote:Thanks for all the votes and support everyone.

But I didn't vote.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 7 Private Messages benjaminleebates

Thanks for all your votes!!! I'm on pins and needles!

garystargazer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garystargazer
rainabelle wrote:You obviously don't have a cat. : )

Really? I never really looked at cats in that way, my cats don't really stare at me or anything. They just sleep all day and bug me when it's time for food.

Ah well, anyhoo good luck with the rest of the derby.

shelli5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shelli5

I really want this shirt, Woot!

werdwerdus

quality posts: 14 Private Messages werdwerdus

the Hammer Bro made me lawl