Inatangle

quality posts: 119 Private Messages Inatangle
Re: We are Dance Party!

umrnic wrote:Love the concept! Definite winner in my book!

I agree. This is excellent! I'm surprised it doesn't have more votes on it. So glad I checked it out!

Inatangle

Re: Like A Girl

LOL! Go Sailor Moon! The others, too of course, but I have a soft spot for Sailor Moon because my kids got me interested in her years ago when they used to watch it on TV...

simic

quality posts: 14 Private Messages simic
kg07 wrote:I agree! wonderful style on this design. Could use a cat to get into the fog, but GMV anyway.

All it needs is cat ears!

Inatangle

Re: Wonder Womeow

Cute & well designed. Great colors. Can't beat that!

Inatangle

simic wrote:All it needs is cat ears!

Oh... hi Simic! Just Pmed you.

Inatangle

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Veggies

Most healthy version of the teenage ninja mutants that I've ever seen.

Randyotter

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Randyotter
Re: "Super" Power

Your work rarely gets the vote count it deserves when it's often better than a good portion of designs in the fog, such a shame.

Pygzilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pygzilla

ILoveEwe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ILoveEwe

@flemtone: Thank you! I was honestly kinda worried I didn't capture the pose or the art style properly. I showed it to a few people and it seemed okay, but I admit I was still worried! Thanks for the comment!

@kg07 - Thanks! Means a lot coming from another artist

@umrnic - Thank you I'm glad you like it! Made me smile a lot when I was making it.

@Inatangle - Awe shucks, Inatangle, you're always so awesome Thanks for the support!

ILoveEwe

Re: a sharp betrayal

Really great! Awesome execution of a great concept. I love the art style you used for this.

I really like the thumbnail of this design, too. Those big eyes are so charming!

ILoveEwe

Re: Secret Weakness

I'm always amazed at how resourceful you are with 6 color limitations. This is no exception, it's so well-done. Great idea and great execution

Vadinne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vadinne

Need this in my life! http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/97848/starlords-coffee

voolan1180

quality posts: 0 Private Messages voolan1180
Re: Greatest American Flowchart

One of my favorite TV theme songs ever! +1

charityryan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages charityryan
Re: Strange Tarot

this shirt looks rad and i'd totally wear it. i'm surprised it doesn't have more votes +1

wootville2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootville2

Clever! Nice execution...you got skilz.

wootville2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootville2
Re: Cat-am West

Clever! Great execution...you got skilz.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 278 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Secret Weakness

Thanks so much for the feedback everyone! Shucks.

Inatangle

Re: Cat-am West

lol! Obviously, this design was inspired by the campy Batman TV show that I used to love in the 1960's. A really fun design... wish you'd entered it earlier. gmv

lordbowen

quality posts: 821 Private Messages lordbowen
Re: Capes

Why no women?

jmrico

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmrico
Inatangle wrote:lol! Obviously, this design was inspired by the campy Batman TV show that I used to love in the 1960's. A really fun design... wish you'd entered it earlier. gmv

Me too my friend, I got a late start on the design. For good, clean fun you just can't beat the 1960's Batman. As entertaining today as it ever was.

jmrico

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmrico
wootville2 wrote:Clever! Great execution...you got skilz.

Thanks, let's hope it's enough to come out ahead in this derby.

KitKat10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KitKat10
lordbowen wrote:Why no women?

They are meant to be either men or women. I tried to make them general enough to be either male or female, at least that was the intent. I kept to a basic silhouette form so they could be any race or sex. Sorry if I didn't quite succeed.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 53 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Inatangle wrote:Cute & well designed. Great colors. Can't beat that!

Thanks, inatangle!

fishbiscuit5

Re: Captain Americano

Great idea for the coffee cup, jnolen and sharonkay! I'll have to put one up in my store if this doesn't print here. Thanks, kellabell!

fishbiscuit5

Too funny. This is perfect to wear to school on casual Fridays.

ubermac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ubermac
Vadinne wrote:Need this in my life! http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/97848/starlords-coffee

We all need it.

timferrell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages timferrell
Re: Starlord's Coffee

Super cool!

warriorzeke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages warriorzeke
Re: Hey You Guys

I need this.

growgreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages growgreen
Re: Starlord's Coffee

Just some friendly advice. Always google your idea before putting time into it. There are MANY shirts that have the same idea and similar execution. This will not get rejected, unless it fogs. But it will not get printed for certain, regardless. Ochopika does not have the time to reject all designs worthy of rejection, unless they are really full of IP that can get them sued (or they are in the fog).

RickHedge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RickHedge
Re: Autocop

I would totally buy and wear this, if available. It's fantastic.

Tpop33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tpop33
Re: One punch fist bump

This is great, can't wait for season 2 of the show.

ubermac

growgreen wrote:Just some friendly advice. Always google your idea before putting time into it. There are MANY shirts that have the same idea and similar execution. This will not get rejected, unless it fogs. But it will not get printed for certain, regardless. Ochopika does not have the time to reject all designs worthy of rejection, unless they are really full of IP that can get them sued (or they are in the fog).

Thanks. I did google it and I did see similar. However honestly the executions suck for the most part. I tried to make mine look as similar to the original logo as I could while making it clear it was not the siren.

growgreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages growgreen
ubermac wrote:Thanks. I did google it and I did see similar. However honestly the executions suck for the most part. I tried to make mine look as similar to the original logo as I could while making it clear it was not the siren.

Yeah, similar shirt exists in pretty broad. Most shirts do exist in some fashion. But there really isn't a way that you can take this concept to a unique fulfillment. Brand logo mash-ups are tricky like this.
The only reason that I am posting this is to help you in the future. Many designers have had shirts that were potential winners get rejected too late in the game to fix. And I know that I would not want to waste time on a design that is doomed to fail..
Honestly trying to be helpful.

ubermac

growgreen wrote:Yeah, similar shirt exists in pretty broad. Most shirts do exist in some fashion. But there really isn't a way that you can take this concept to a unique fulfillment. Brand logo mash-ups are tricky like this.
The only reason that I am posting this is to help you in the future. Many designers have had shirts that were potential winners get rejected too late in the game to fix. And I know that I would not want to waste time on a design that is doomed to fail..
Honestly trying to be helpful.

I appreciate it. :D

spikeani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
Randyotter wrote:Your work rarely gets the vote count it deserves when it's often better than a good portion of designs in the fog, such a shame.

AMEN so true

MeriLizzie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MeriLizzie
Re: Cats Are My Kryptonite

Oh Em Gee!!! My entire family would love this one!!

sketchyTK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sketchyTK

Love it!

tara417

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tara417
Re: Capes

Love this

fablefire

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fablefire
Inatangle wrote:Can't help worrying some about this cute wee beastie... doesn't he know that playing with Kryptonite is not good for him? (Then again, maybe that's just Superman that it's bad for... )

Or Superman's cat. I think this one is okay though.

Thanks everyone! :D

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 278 Private Messages Spiritgreen

This has a really nice feel to it!

There's something I found recently that can help improve the look of a halftone effect. If the effect doesn't go 100% solid then make it with a darker color instead if you can.

Your background gradient looks a little bit harsh because it's a bright ink on a dark shirt, but if it was a dimmer yellow ink it could be solid in the middle and create the same impression. Hope that makes sense. :^)