mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
kenney9226 wrote:I posted "the pucker manifesto" well over a year ago. It's findable on the EBW pages, but some who have read it have reported they'd rather have left it unread so as to allow the legend to grow.

As always, I appreciate the votes and thank you all for your kind words and support.

Do you have a link to this? I can't find it on the interwebs.

Edit: Never mind.. Found it!

stargrey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stargrey
lovemygrey2 wrote:The lightening bugs look an awful lot like the fairies from Zelda, Phantom Hourglass....and the dragons look a lot like the Gleeok (Temple of Ice boss) from the same game.

I knew I'd seen those lightning bugs somewhere!

--
170+ w00ts, 6 or 7 Bags a la Crap (but who's counting), 100% attitude.
(This signature brought to you by the I-Don't-Wanna'-Have-A-Bunch-Of-Pics-In-My-Sig Society.)

DeadFrog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DeadFrog
thatrobert wrote:

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • I'm not quite dead yet.

Thanks!

dianabosworth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dianabosworth

Nice colors and funny. My favorite 'peas' entry for sure. (The other honeymoon is over one was close, but I like your colors better)

CpnStumpy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CpnStumpy
Re: ...Like shooting fish in a Radioactive Barrel

Can anybody explain this to me? I'm at a loss as to what it has to do with two.. Is it like the symbiotic relationship between a clownfish and an anemone, except this time it's a radioactive barrel?

Lobbeton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lobbeton
Exohdus wrote:next thought is, i'd personally love this on red. i'd buy either tho

i dunno, i think the shirt being in red would kill the shadow, kinda, cos it would e less extreme, if you know what i'm saying...

Altheahelaine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Altheahelaine
tazfreeatlast wrote:My wife wants to know what you will give her in trade for me.

(Just between us, I think she would probably accept a 12 oz. can of Coca-Cola, but see if you can get a better deal... maybe a pencil eraser?)

I made great baked goods. Is she partial to muffins?

I live, I learn, and so aid my end while I believe I'm winning

Altheahelaine

00ceilidh wrote:Yah me too. I decided a couple weeks ago that I am going to start entering every derby with a dinosaur shirt fitting the theme :P

!!! Well I'll probably vote for most of them.

Altheahelaine

Re: A Shallow Grave

Gah! Print this somewhere.

abelleauc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abelleauc
ramyb wrote:Compression killed the image a bit, so I probably should have posted this sooner, but better late than never. Hope you enjoy

Thank you! It's even more impressive in detail.

Hey, everybody out there: get everyone you know to vote for this one. It only needs to move up two places to score a print! Surely we can do that!

PixelPotato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PixelPotato
Re: Twilight

I made it available at http://www.mysoti.com/mysoti/product/446845

Their gray was a little light looking so it's available in black as well.

dianabosworth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dianabosworth
sakleehop wrote:yeohgh: If this doesn't get an Honorable Mention, please have it printed somewhere else after the 60 days are up and please let me know where and when - I love this design and would buy it in a heartbeat! I think a lot of your fans would too. Thanks.

Ditto. I just started following woot a couple of weeks ago, and now I have my mom hooked too. We have been following the derby, and when I told her this morning that I wasn't sure if your shirt was going to get printed (she is still confused about why she can't just buy it) she was really upset.

Be sure to send the word if woot misses out and it gets printed somewhere else.

MJDeViant

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MJDeViant

Shouldn't I win for having 222 votes?

Let the boring call you crazy.
Let the crazy call you boring.

scumit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scumit
Re: Tea for Two

I wish the doormouse was coming out of the tea pot! Might be an idea to alter it for a resub ;] gmv I wish you had submitted earlier!

nyren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyren
Re: Tea for Two

As much as I love this drawing, what's up with Alice's right hand? It looks like it's missing at the shoulder, and the teacup is floating.

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53

octopai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages octopai
binkdrop wrote:Maybe if you're using photoshop, and you save it as a jpeg, your quality setting is down way low at like 3 where it should be at like 10 to make it save with more clarity. I don't know how likely that possibility is, but I figured I'd throw it out there in case that's it. :D

unfortuately, when this started happening, the jpeg quality setting had always been on highest .__.
le sigh. i think i will reinstall photoshop to see if that helps at all...
thanks Binkdrop :]

homesluice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages homesluice
PSquishy wrote:It has nothing to do with the death of the author. Rather, it has to do with the time since it's first publication. However, it can be re-copyrighted by the estate of said author. It's not like you can just publish your own copy of Frankenstein or Moby pretzel twist and have free reign over any money you made on the sales.

Maybe not... but you CAN do something like this...

mcowles

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mcowles
alleyezonlou wrote:DARN!!! I JUST FINISHED THE 'KILLING TWO STONES WITH ONE BIRD' DRAWING AND WOOT IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING ENTRIES! I SPENT AN ENTIRE HOUR AND A HALF! DOH!

Can you post a picture of it? Maybe not an entire waste then... at least I could get an extra laugh or two, which is obviously the most important part of this site.

I loved your design btw, and I voted 3 times. The second actually cancelled my first vote, but the third reinstated it.

octopai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages octopai
binkdrop wrote:Haha, yeah I'll probably draw another one up with just birds. For this theme though, I doubt the birds would've made it by the rejection person if it had just been them. At least with the two people it fit the theme. :d

two love birds? eeheee that would've been extra cute!

D1C0M

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M
Re: Twin Dragons

Why is it that between two dragons, it seems like there's only one leg?

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: good catch

Crazy. My total votes have almost tripled in 8 hours. I realize a big part of that is momentum once you get in the hotness, but it is very suspicious that I showed up in the hotness in the first place after languishing for so long.

I have a theory that the crazy night-time vote patterns we see here are caused by some kind of multiple server vote reconcilliation that happens during the night. I think that is more likely than the conspiracy theories going around.

wcsae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wcsae
Re: Listen to your Conscience

So just out of curiosity how come all your guys are up in arms and complaining about the cutesy devil thats also in the fog?

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
PixelPotato wrote:I made it available at http://www.mysoti.com/mysoti/product/446845

Their gray was a little light looking so it's available in black as well.

Did you read the contract you signed when you submitted this design to the derby? Because you're breaking the contract right now.

Woot retains the rights to all submitted entries (rejected or not) for 60 days. I'm afraid you have to take that down. Have patience.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

sailormoontsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailormoontsu
Re: Two-Faced

I just haven't been able to find the right combo for woot voters...but hopefully there's another shirt site out there that would like to print this. Thank you all for your support!

Blog Vote! Visit my Spreadshirt Shop.

eHalcyon

jmmbell1987 wrote:But the childish, kneejerk defense he gets of "zomg you mean ole hater jerkwads" is equally off putting. Frankly, it makes for an awful stew of terrible discourse.

When you his "childish, kneejerk defense", are you referring to Ramyb? I've never seen Ramy do that. Unlike many of his detractors (not all, but most), he's almost always cool-headed and polite. It seems like people who have something against him like to twist his words and read their own prejudice into what he posts. They've created this big Jerk persona around him. I'm not saying that there isn't a little truth to it - sometimes Ramy is quick to dismiss valid criticism - but his behaviour has never been as bad as people make it out to be.

Don't get me wrong, this design should be rejected for being unoriginal as the angel/devil shoulder thing has been done to death, but he's not the one throwing insults and spewing vitriol.

For the most part, Ramy just ignores the people who cross the line. Probably not the best strategy, but certainly not "zomg you mean ole hater jerkwads". You're just putting words in his mouth there. It's a straw man argument.

stargirl6878

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stargirl6878
krisrobinson wrote:I'm guessing it won't be long before they have a full house.

cute...

stargirl6878

stargirl6878 wrote:cute...

that was weird...posted in the wrong place...

stargirl6878

devdave wrote:thanks for the support! im a newbie to the world of computer art, so to tell u the truth i didn't even know cool sites like this existed so although i'd love to see it printed i wouldn't even know where.

thanks everyone for your comments and support.

i'm new to the derby too...i know that other sites exist but i don't know of any off the top of my head...

i'm sure someone around here knows...anyone?

gosh, i really want to see this printed...

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
wcsae wrote:So just out of curiosity how come all your guys are up in arms and complaining about the cutesy devil thats also in the fog?

Because it's ORIGINAL and clever. And the Bunnies are not./

eHalcyon

octopai wrote:unfortuately, when this started happening, the jpeg quality setting had always been on highest .__.
le sigh. i think i will reinstall photoshop to see if that helps at all...
thanks Binkdrop :]

Checklist:

1. Correct resolution - 580x580px for the shirt comp and 240x240px for the design detail.
2. RGB mode.
3. JPG image type - Woot automatically converts all images to JPG so if you use something else, quality will be lost in their conversion process.
4. Saved without compression. Woot will automatically compress either way, so just give them as high quality an image as you can and let them deal with it.

If you still have problems... I can't help you.

HotChocolate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HotChocolate
Re: Double Yellow Line

Love the title!

evildead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages evildead

I'm sad that this will probably end up losing to the silly bunny shirt.
If Woot doesn't print it print it elsewhere please!

PixelPotato

eHalcyon wrote:Did you read the contract you signed when you submitted this design to the derby? Because you're breaking the contract right now.

Woot retains the rights to all submitted entries (rejected or not) for 60 days. I'm afraid you have to take that down. Have patience.

Oh scaffolding, I'm sorry it was taken down immediately

PixelPotato

Re: Twilight

Scaffolding? ><

binkdrop

quality posts: 8 Private Messages binkdrop
IndependentVik wrote:I was out of town for two weeks a bit ago, and so I was barely following the derbies for awhile. I find that I was happier then, being ignorant of the great designs that couldn't even make it to the top 10, esp considering some of the schlock that fogs.

I wish you an HM, but that would only be good to get you a free shirt coupon since voters will ignore your good work and instead vote for garbage in a do-over as well.

You get a free shirt coupon for getting an HM? I got an HM in the Space derby and didn't get a coupon. : ( Sad face.

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
Re: TWO BIRDS, ONE STONE - RESUB

i can't believe this did not get rejected. there is clearly a celebrity likeness here to the "you give me gum gum, you dum dum" guy from night at the museum. also i believe both birds are screaming AFLAC!!!!!!

j/k I love the design. gmv. hopefully an hm.

Happy Beer.

tlbig10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tlbig10

Awesome design! I love the simplicity of it.

eHalcyon

binkdrop wrote:You get a free shirt coupon for getting an HM? I got an HM in the Space derby and didn't get a coupon. : ( Sad face.

You should have received an email about it. Maybe check your spam folder? If you can't find it, just contact shirt.woot about it. You probably have the coupon ready to use... as far as I know, the coupon code is still "OhHonorableShirt" (sans quotation marks). You could try it to see if it works for you.

therealchadsmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therealchadsmith
paulkremer wrote:Well deserved! Sadly, this even more definitely deserved the "Best" award. If I handed out awards, this would get my "Best of Derby" award.

Def agree. I wouldn't wear any of the shirts in the fog, maybe the devil one bc it's actually clever but this more so. good job