binkdrop

quality posts: 8 Private Messages binkdrop
FutureFox wrote:I love it! I agree with Drakxxx, it looks terrific! I like the "Q" actually and having a victorian-esque version of her really helps to bring out this idea of a duality within the character. Now if only she had a slightly bigger bust...

I vote no on the bigger bust. She doesn't need to have a rack like Lara Croft to be appealing, and she's quite appealing as she is now.

octopai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages octopai
eHalcyon wrote:Checklist:

1. Correct resolution - 580x580px for the shirt comp and 240x240px for the design detail.
2. RGB mode.
3. JPG image type - Woot automatically converts all images to JPG so if you use something else, quality will be lost in their conversion process.
4. Saved without compression. Woot will automatically compress either way, so just give them as high quality an image as you can and let them deal with it.

If you still have problems... I can't help you.

Greatly appreciated! However, i went down that list and everything is in order...i suppose I should try to re-install Photoshop. If that doesn't fix it I will be a sad panda...

Thanks a ton eHalcyon. Your tips are godly, btw

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
Re: silent pair

I like your drawing style, but these adrogynous mimes are really starting to weird me out. If I see one of them following me down the street from work, I'm blaming you, Fache.

alleyezonlou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alleyezonlou
mcowles wrote:Can you post a picture of it? Maybe not an entire waste then... at least I could get an extra laugh or two, which is obviously the most important part of this site.

I loved your design btw, and I voted 3 times. The second actually cancelled my first vote, but the third reinstated it.

sure, i'll post it somewhere tonight when i get home.
=)
dont expect too much though...
it was a quick thought and a crappy drawing...
(like some of the entries that are beating me right now)
can you sense the bitterness?
hahahha just kidding!

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
re: two tailed trickster

The tail on the right seems a bit weird; but, I definitely like the direction you're taking. More detail in the shirt.woot submissions! I also like the dig at Ramy, ripping the stuffing out of bunnies (if that was your intent).

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: Second Place, GA State Fiddle Championships

Great concept and execution. Voted.

trickyyyyy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trickyyyyy
Re: Two Roads Diverged in a Yellow Wood...

Yeah, this one does look pretty cool. Nice job!

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
HotChocolate wrote:Love the title!

Thank you!

darcylou2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darcylou2
Re: The Postman Always Rings Twice

Saw this in the derby comments and really liked it, and I think the final colors and paint design look really great. Sorry, I don't have anything new to say. Just wanted to let you know I like the different design, ya got my vote.

FutureFox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FutureFox
binkdrop wrote:I vote no on the bigger bust. She doesn't need to have a rack like Lara Croft to be appealing, and she's quite appealing as she is now.

Dude, I was just kidding, lol

binkdrop

quality posts: 8 Private Messages binkdrop
FutureFox wrote:Dude, I was just kidding, lol

My bad, text is hard to interpret sometimes. : )

anarchyvirus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anarchyvirus

Reminds me of Evan Dorkins Milk & Cheese...a lot!
[img=http://www.timemachinego.com/linkmachinego/images/4more.jpg][/img][img=http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/uploads/1700/milk_cheese.jpg[/img]

anarchyvirus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anarchyvirus

I done messed up...

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Twin Dragons

Now, this design is cool!

justineka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justineka
eHalcyon wrote:When you his "childish, kneejerk defense", are you referring to Ramyb? I've never seen Ramy do that. .... It's a straw man argument.

From my interpretation, jmmbell is saying that it is Ramyb's supporters who are resorting to "childlike, kneejerk defense" of the artist, not Ramyb himself.

KidGrenouille

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KidGrenouille
Re: Second Place, GA State Fiddle Championships

And that, children, is the story of how I once came in first place out of everybody who lost the Derby.

Thanks, everybody, for your comments and votes. I think this is over double my previous high score! (But no cigar.)

freiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freiz
Altheahelaine wrote:Still love this.. if you decide to try and print elsewhere drop me a PM.

Thanks, Altheahelaine. I'll be sure to let you know if I do print it elsewhere.

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
KidGrenouille wrote:And that, children, is the story of how I once came in first place out of everybody who lost the Derby.

Thanks, everybody, for your comments and votes. I think this is over double my previous high score! (But no cigar.)

That's BS. This was the best shirt in the fog. Stupid bunnies and their stupid costumes. Bah!

prateeko

quality posts: 70 Private Messages prateeko
KIDA26 wrote:That's BS. This was the best shirt in the fog. Stupid bunnies and their stupid costumes. Bah!

I agree with you. I like the doubletree design but I only wear one shirt at a time and wouldn't wear those anyways (cool concept). This is really the first shirt in a long while that caught my attention. Shame it won't show up this weekend.

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26
prateeko wrote:I agree with you. I like the doubletree design but I only wear one shirt at a time and wouldn't wear those anyways (cool concept). This is really the first shirt in a long while that caught my attention. Shame it won't show up this weekend.

Totally agree. The tree shirts, while they have nice art, are definitely not something I could wear. The Devil shirt is definitely something I would rock. I am severely disappointed and I hope it prints somehwere else because I would definitely buy it.

billyok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billyok

Hey everybody who voted and posted, thanks. I definitely appreciate it and I'm happy this design did better than I'd actually anticipated. Last week was super busy, so I only had about an hour to put it together and I did it more for fun than any hope of anything coming of it. Seeing what people wrote about it definitely impressed me. Ninjawa, I'll probably set up shop and find some means very soon of selling designs that don't make the cut. I definitely won't keep it a secret when it happens.

Probably sitting this next derby out due to a suffocating schedule, so see you all in 107.

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
sailormoontsu wrote:I just haven't been able to find the right combo for woot voters...but hopefully there's another shirt site out there that would like to print this. Thank you all for your support!

Well, it's not because of the quality of your work, of that you can be certain. I don't understand why this didn't place higher; it's so different but so compelling and beautiful. You might still get an Honorable Mention but even if you don't, I look forward to buying this from another site in the near future. Please IM me and all those who expressed an interest in buying your design the minute it prints elsewhere. Thanks for a great design!

LawLady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LawLady
eastcobbler wrote:For trivia's sake "Deuce" refers to a '32 Ford right?

Yup, you're right. The Deuce Coupe is the Ford Model B, produced in 1932-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deuce_coupe

Clever way to incorporate the theme in a non-obvious fashion!

smedgrick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smedgrick
mitchellp wrote:
Edit: Never mind.. Found it!

And to think, all this time I never knew.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
PSquishy wrote:It has nothing to do with the death of the author. Rather, it has to do with the time since it's first publication. However, it can be re-copyrighted by the estate of said author. It's not like you can just publish your own copy of Frankenstein or Moby pretzel twist and have free reign over any money you made on the sales.

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-duration.html#duration

How long does a copyright last?
The term of copyright for a particular work depends on several factors, including whether it has been published, and, if so, the date of first publication. As a general rule, for works created after January 1, 1978, copyright protection lasts for the life of the author plus an additional 70 years. For an anonymous work, a pseudonymous work, or a work made for hire, the copyright endures for a term of 95 years from the year of its first publication or a term of 120 years from the year of its creation, whichever expires first. For works first published prior to 1978, the term will vary depending on several factors.

TrazhBags

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TrazhBags
Re: Twin Dragons

MY HUBBY AND I LOVE THIS SHIRT. WAS GONNA GET 2. ONE FOR EACH OF US, OTHERWISE WE FIGHT. GREAT COLOR CHOICES ALL AROUND. WHAT A SHAME.

ElevenEleven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ElevenEleven
ShushiLover wrote:Hey guys! Lets be mad because something is popular and gets a lot of votes! Darn those cute bunnies and their adorable bodies that sell so many t-shirts for Woot. Grrrrr!

On a side note, if this wins, I'm buying it for my boyfriend who loves the design.

God I hope you are kidding about buying it for your boyfriend. No adult male should be sporting this shirt. And I don't think people are mad that this is popular as much as people are angry that this designer manages to be rejection proof against the very reason many other designs get the boot.

serealport

quality posts: 0 Private Messages serealport

binkdrop wrote:My comment didn't actually have anything to do with voting. I vote for shirts I would buy only as well. I was making a point that it seemed a little ridiculous considering they said if they were given as many shirts as they wanted for free, they would only wear 2. That just sounded a bit pretentious.

i dunno i can honestly say that if all the shirts were in my closet right now i would only wear approx. ten just cause i dont like the rest of them

also i thing the "i like it therefor i vote for it" is a perfectly reasonable mentality as that is the point of the "id buy one" button

ohh well tomorrow i guess we will see how many stupid/effeminate/kid-like/uncool people will buy this awful shirt even though it has a million exact copies already
you un-art-loving people you jeez

camoor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camoor
ElevenEleven wrote:God I hope you are kidding about buying it for your boyfriend. No adult male should be sporting this shirt.

Reminds me of the Ralphie pink bunny pajamas scene.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
brandroid wrote:
And the "make a better one" line was more for the people who seem to think that Ramy is the reason they never win. The "woot loves you more" defense.

People keep saying this, but I've honestly never heard a designer make this complaint.

brandroid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brandroid
IndependentVik wrote:People keep saying this, but I've honestly never heard a designer make this complaint.

Of course not they wouldn't. The actual designers are smart enough to know that's not true. Its the forum lurkers who sneak in, decide that they know best, and when their whims aren't fulfilled, they need to find someway to make sense of it. It can't be that they're wrong...Woot has to be cheating! Its all over this thread (with the majority of it being towards the top).

Woot: 2xB.O.C., 1xWoot lights
Shirt:7xShirts

Vikram1269

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vikram1269
Re: Listen to your Conscience

These bunnies are freakin sweet.

dangerhaus

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dangerhaus

[quote postid="3353831" user="sugareeali"]...just a cleaver way of interpreting 2 the best.

Now, THAT'S a shirt concept i'd like to see.

Do you think we could ax shirt.woot to reopen the derby?

the ha is silent - i'm laughing on the inside

nbouscal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nbouscal
brandroid wrote:The jerkfaces, as I call them, are the ones who make it personal. They don't critique his work, they HATE his work (because of who made it).

I can definitely see why you might be inclined to think that these "jerkfaces" of yours hate his work because of who made it. For the majority of his detractors though, myself included, that's not the case. If ramy were to use the skills that he clearly does have to create something original, inspired, or artistic, the majority of us would breathe a sigh of relief and say, "Finally! Thank you!" He doesn't, though. He recycles the same exact garbage derby after derby after derby. He uses cookie-cutter ideas with no inspiration whatsoever, many of which (like this particular submission) have been done many, many times before. He steals the cute vote from the several GOOD cute shirts that are usually submitted (in this derby, off the top of my head, I would point to the design with the cat and fish as cute done well. Also, Edgar's design with the worm). I'm a businessman and can definitely recognize that if someone paid me $1000 every week to sacrifice my artistic integrity, it would be pretty tempting. The thing that is really sad to me is, he doesn't have to do so to win. I really think he has it in him to create some designs that are actually worth printing (I know Adder disagrees, we'll probably never know for sure because ramy probably won't change his ways). Anyways, end rambling semi-rant.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
brandroid wrote:Of course not they wouldn't. The actual designers are smart enough to know that's not true. Its the forum lurkers who sneak in, decide that they know best, and when their whims aren't fulfilled, they need to find someway to make sense of it. It can't be that they're wrong...Woot has to be cheating! Its all over this thread (with the majority of it being towards the top).

I hate to belabor the point, and this is quite possibly my fault, but I'm still not following. Your original quote said that people were complaining about ramyb as the reason they're not winning. How was that not referring to the designers? Wouldn't you have to be a designer to complain about not winning?

brandroid

IndependentVik wrote:I hate to belabor the point, and this is quite possibly my fault, but I'm still not following. Your original quote said that people were complaining about ramyb as the reason they're not winning. How was that not referring to the designers? Wouldn't you have to be a designer to complain about not winning?

Hmm, I guess you are right. In my head, however, it was meant to imply that those who are fans of others' work, as well as those that actually make their own, who complain about RamyB getting special treatment.
And at the same time, my other post about designers not saying it, I also meant to say "real designers". Dangit, I really need to proof-read this junk. :P
Make more sense now?

brandroid

nbouscal wrote:I can definitely see why you might be inclined to think that these "jerkfaces" of yours hate his work because of who made it. For the majority of his detractors though, myself included, that's not the case. If ramy were to use the skills that he clearly does have to create something original, inspired, or artistic, the majority of us would breathe a sigh of relief and say, "Finally! Thank you!" He doesn't, though. He recycles the same exact garbage derby after derby after derby. He uses cookie-cutter ideas with no inspiration whatsoever, many of which (like this particular submission) have been done many, many times before. He steals the cute vote from the several GOOD cute shirts that are usually submitted (in this derby, off the top of my head, I would point to the design with the cat and fish as cute done well. Also, Edgar's design with the worm). I'm a businessman and can definitely recognize that if someone paid me $1000 every week to sacrifice my artistic integrity, it would be pretty tempting. The thing that is really sad to me is, he doesn't have to do so to win. I really think he has it in him to create some designs that are actually worth printing (I know Adder disagrees, we'll probably never know for sure because ramy probably won't change his ways). Anyways, end rambling semi-rant.

I'm pretty sure RamyB has some other stuff (non-bunny) in this derby. And it was at like 5th place or something.
And you're different than Adder (and some of the other people here), I wasn't trying to go after you. I was trying to go after the ones who dislike this submission, but also show no support for the artist creating it. I'm a fan of constructive criticism (thats one thing I learned from Elementary School! :P), but criticism just for the sake of criticism seems silly to me.

alleyezonlou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alleyezonlou
mcowles wrote:Can you post a picture of it? Maybe not an entire waste then... at least I could get an extra laugh or two, which is obviously the most important part of this site.

I loved your design btw, and I voted 3 times. The second actually cancelled my first vote, but the third reinstated it.

here yah go! remember... just a joke! =)

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv91/alleyezonlou/twostones-onebirdshirtplacement.png

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo

I'm glad I'm not married to any of the folks on here!

If you don't like a design, don't vote for it. If you think it deserves a tattle, then tattle.

This incessant bickering and name-calling is ridiculous.

brandroid

dmkooo wrote:I'm glad I'm not married to any of the folks on here!

If you don't like a design, don't vote for it. If you think it deserves a tattle, then tattle.

This incessant bickering and name-calling is ridiculous.

But....I thought we were married? Oh does this mean you're divorcing me? What about the kids?
Oh the joys of being up at 2am. I think the dumbest things are funny.