atomicpropel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atomicpropel

ShushiLover

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShushiLover
ElevenEleven wrote:God I hope you are kidding about buying it for your boyfriend. No adult male should be sporting this shirt. And I don't think people are mad that this is popular as much as people are angry that this designer manages to be rejection proof against the very reason many other designs get the boot.

Tell that to my boyfriend who likes the design. lol

The artist knows what is going to get votes. Until people start hating bunnies all of a sudden, why would he stop drawing them? Also, if a design can't beat an overdone bunny shirt, then was that design good in the first place? On a side note, voters are influenced by multiple things I've noticed:

1. Does the preview icon on the entries page catch the voter's eye?
2. Is the art/design well done, clean and creative?
3. Can I see myself wearing this?
4. What color is this shirt?

Until ramyb stops hitting on the nail for what Woot voters like, or other artists can master what the mass audience will vote for, I don't see bunnies becoming rejected any time soon.

hdao6899

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hdao6899
mikenytola wrote:Yet you still keep on ticking and saying the same things. You sure do like to complain a lot around here.

I'll give you this at least, you speak your mind and don't care what others think. It would probably be more effective if you didn't do it so much. I even find some of your comments to be true and useful, the only problem is you are so negative that you are counter productive. It's easier to find your complaints then it is to find your quality.

Don't take that the wrong way. Be honest and voice yourself, but work on how you do it so it's more effective. I would even support some of your comments sometimes, but then you go off on a tangent or post so much other negative stuff that you have lost the support that you originally should have gotten. I assure you there are others out there that think the same.

THANK YOU! I was so close to saying, "Please, shut up," but this is much better!

camoor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camoor
ShushiLover wrote:Tell that to my boyfriend who likes the design. lol

Like the others I have always assumed these shirts were being bought for and worn by pre-teen girls. I'll be interested to see the map on this one.

amandatory

quality posts: 5 Private Messages amandatory
Re: Two Roads Diverged in a Yellow Wood...

Why is it that the stupid good vs. evil shirts always win and great shirts like this are left in the dust? No offense to those artists, but I'm quite tired of seeing that theme and all its "cute" spin offs.

I wish this one would have won! It's amazing!

neonix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neonix

Ugh, I wish you hadn't submitted those damn bunnies too. No offense, but damn the cutesy designs! This is awesome and I would have bought it in a heartbeat for $10.

Please submit it to another shirt site.

mspaeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mspaeth
SoupOfFly wrote:Ambigram of TWO like before..
Hopefully it reads as TWO this time

Should have made it in scarlet in gray

OH --
-- IO!

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 26 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
eHalcyon wrote:Did you read the contract you signed when you submitted this design to the derby? Because you're breaking the contract right now.

Woot retains the rights to all submitted entries (rejected or not) for 60 days. I'm afraid you have to take that down. Have patience.

Doesn't that mostly just apply to Honorable Mentions? Once you know it's not being given a second chance, why would they care? Even the Double Take Derby says that 'if you decided to sell it elsewhere, it's no longer eligible'... And they have double takes at around every 60 days, yes?

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

bbasbagi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bbasbagi

This is the only shirt I have ever seen that made me consider wearing green. Good job!

peepins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peepins
Re: Listen to your Conscience

Well, I've never commented before OR entered a derby myself, but I check Woot every single day and I buy shirts for the 5 members of my family so wanted to submit an opinion based on all of the opinions that I read here (why so cranky?)...

As the (young, ahem) mother of 3, the cute stuff works for them and so I order them. This one will work for my daughter who loves pokemon (evil pikachu references). I buy dinos for my other daughter and boy-stuff for my son. I buy quirky and deep messages for myself and anything pirate or nautical for my husband. I guess my point is there has to be something for everyone and I don't fault this artist for submitting his style and what works for him. I will buy this shirt, and probably the 1st place winner as well.

As for the concept, yes, having an angel and devil on your shoulders to represent your conscience is common, but I think this artwork is a unique (and marketable) play on a concept that clearly works. Thanks!

[I have great respect for all of the artists who submit their work here and glady wear your work. Please don't bash me back - I'm just sayin'!]

Thingishness

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Thingishness

Man... I really love what you did with the colors on this shirt. The neons really play off the brown very well. I wish this one had printed, no offense but I think this design is of much higher quality than the devil/angel bunnies. Any chance at getting this submitted to a different shirt site for printing?

wuneswtqt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wuneswtqt
re: listen to your conscience

i laugh at all of the people who wrote negative comments about this design and didn't think it would be either top 20 or even top 3. i laugh at you all!

good job ramyb! =)

- obviously 981 people thought this design was good enough for a +1

yen0652

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yen0652
greenmolloy wrote:Tails had 3 tails.

Tails definatly only had 2 tails...

HotSoup19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HotSoup19
KidGrenouille wrote:And that, children, is the story of how I once came in first place out of everybody who lost the Derby.

Thanks, everybody, for your comments and votes. I think this is over double my previous high score! (But no cigar.)

It's not over yet

HotSoup19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HotSoup19
wuneswtqt wrote:i laugh at all of the people who wrote negative comments about this design and didn't think it would be either top 20 or even top 3. i laugh at you all!

good job ramyb! =)

- obviously 981 people thought this design was good enough for a +1

Oh, I don't think the complaining had anything to do with thinking this shirt wouldn't win, pretty much the opposite actually.

OHFireRescue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OHFireRescue
Re: Two Roads Diverged in a Yellow Wood...

PM me if this prints anywhere. In for 1 or more

A bandolier of carrots would be appreciated about now

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
TobiasAmaranth wrote:Doesn't that mostly just apply to Honorable Mentions? Once you know it's not being given a second chance, why would they care? Even the Double Take Derby says that 'if you decided to sell it elsewhere, it's no longer eligible'... And they have double takes at around every 60 days, yes?

No. The do-over derbies come in quarterly (I think). It's longer than just every 60 days. The 60 day hold was a rule even before do-overs became a regular feature. If your design receives an HM, the hold is actually extended to 180 days unless you opt out, if I remember correctly.

In any case, do-overs usually feature a few designs that didn't receive an HM. For example, I don't think artulo's popcorn-flamethrower design received an HM given his surprise at its presence in the derby this week.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Salinga

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Salinga
Re: Twilight

Guess I'm waiting two months to buy this shirt, then. o3o;

wolfgaidin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wolfgaidin
Re: Twin Dragons

This needs to be made into a shirt. I would so purchase it.

fivedoorsvt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fivedoorsvt

So where are the honorable mentions for this derby? Aren't HM's supposed to be announced the following Monday after a derby?

mosshorn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mosshorn

would deff wear this

tangoshoes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangoshoes

GDI I want this shirt badly...maybe we could see it on cafepress?

PeteXcore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PeteXcore
Re: 2 Too Tall?

I gotta be honest, i don't get it...although i'm sure once i have it explained, i'll be all like "Oooooooooooh I'm an Dr. Clayton Forrester"

midge1324

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midge1324
Re: Peas and Carrots

I want to buy this shirt.

cloudy56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cloudy56
re: the going rate

I WANT ONE! Much better than the recent offerings.

jrenee16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrenee16
Re: Two, be friends!

This needs to be printed by someone (company) and if Woot won't do it, find someone who will-and then let us know :-)

jessicazaiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessicazaiz
Re: Peas and Carrots

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!

daddyhulk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daddyhulk
Re: two peas in a pod race

Excellent work. Clever.

QuickSilverMC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages QuickSilverMC
Re: Twin Dragons

wow this shirt is amazing, I will definitely buy one if it becomes available!

angbosch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angbosch
re: two, be friends!

*want*
...badly!

tjsynkral

quality posts: 15 Private Messages tjsynkral

No win, no chance for double take, will this shirt resurface somewhere else?

PixelPotato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PixelPotato
Re: Twilight

60 days have passed and this shirt is now available at
http://kindalost.spreadshirt.com/us/US/Shop/

patrickspens

quality posts: 8 Private Messages patrickspens
Re: Two Heroes

just wanted to let peole know...

CityKitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CityKitty

Hey Hey! I'me wondering if I may use your image as the cover for a playlist on 8tracks? Completely for personal reasons, I would not claim any artistic credit, nor gaining any profit from it. I'm creating a playlist as part of a gift for my gf, and your image is just what I'm looking for!

Re: They're like two peas in a pod...