+ Add a Comment

Narfcake

quality posts: 281 Private Messages Narfcake
trekmiss wrote:... What I've learned is to keep checking Woot and keep voting when I can just in case the opportunity to buy shirts arises again.

Thanks, Woot, for the chance to buy AA. I hope it happens again, or, even better, comes back to stay.

This.

Perhaps there are other reasons behind it. Throughout the past year, we've seen inventory issues affecting production, and perhaps the idea of maintaining both wasn't feasible. There may be a higher price because the order quantities will be lower for both brands too, affecting the bottom line again. Only Woot knows for certain - and while I do feel it was too short of a trial, offering the choice was already more than welcome.

Thanks, Woot ... and if the option for AA does return, PLEASE make a note of it in the newsletters.

dreamaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dreamaster

Shirt 11 bagged, hope tonights design is awesomely funny or cool and right up my Humor so I can make it an even dozen shirts.

I will be leaving the site and closing the account again until you get AA's back, Please let us know via email if the AA's come back.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

Finally! A shirt I wanted to buy is printed while the AA option is still available. AWKWARD purchased!! Will be worn quite proudly.

After doing the number crunching, please allow me to buy all the other shirts I want on AA. Pretty please? I'll gladly hit the big yellow button many, many times.

07/11/14

drdna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drdna

Just went through my inventory of shirts, which i sort by either regular wear or for gym wear/changing the oil/ etc. I was not entirely surprised when the AA shirts were all the former and the Anvil shirts comprised the latter group.

tl;dr: Anvil shirts kind of suck. They are thin, short, and not as well made.

nycbrent

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nycbrent

Add me to the list of those who prefer AA, but didn't purchase during this trial. None of the designs appealed to me, unfortunately...hopefully we'll have another chance in the future.

dreamaster

Bagged the 12th shirt.

Hope Monday has some sweet, sweet, AA fitting shirts....

Otherwise, "We'll always have AA" Now get on the effing plane!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Narfcake wrote:Thanks, Woot ... and if the option for AA does return, PLEASE make a note of it in the newsletters.

Ack! Add me to the list of people that had essentially stopped checking shirt.woot because of Anvil....however I did read newsletters to check out side sales, etc. I missed this! I might have bought something...and perhaps more importantly for me (probably no one else cares), I would likely have started entering the Derby again. I just lost the heart to make a design that would go on a shirt I wouldn't want to wear.

dreamaster

A lost sale - would of bought it - but not on AA.

Seriously if AA comes back let me know via email. Until then I'm once again a lost customer that does not promote your site.

trackerf16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trackerf16

so i hope the experiment showed that if you bring back AA your sales will improve.. i didn't even hear about it until the 28th. so i only got the chance to buy a few shirts, most of the other shirts were either a bit too "girly" for my tastes, or a bit too fantasy/D&D orientated

nothing against people that like those shirts, its just not my style..

i wish i would have known about it sooner, but when i only poke my head in for a "i wonder if woot has figured it out yet" sort of thing, i don't get to see everything

i thank you for the opportunity to buy more shirts.. and i hope that, i, like a LOT of people, will, one day, be able to buy shirts from the back catalog in AA, my donut panic shirt is starting to look a bit tired, but i have nothing to replace it with..

mkarns1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkarns1

Noooooo! I was unaware that the return of the American Apparel was only for a limited time! We purchased a ton of shirts during the time it was offered. I went to order todays shirt and was confused as to why the American Apparel option was gone. PLEASE bring it back. In fact, offering it on every shirt, even the older designs would be even better!

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123

I'm not sure I will wait around until someone in charge at woot defecates their cranium back out of their rectal cavity where it is currently lodged and sees the light of day and brings back the AA shirts again. I really hate seeing a shirt I would buy on AA and having to pass it up because I won't buy the Anvil junk.

I only noticed that the AAs were back on a limited basis because I check back occasionally for AA long-sleeve Ts on the side sales, but I'm not sure I'm going to even do that anymore. The printing on the last long sleeve I got was of fairly poor quality (new direct printing, maybe?) and the one I got before that had a crooked design. I'm not sure where the whole operation is headed, but I think there is a hand-basket involved.

rentaduckie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rentaduckie
rentaduckie wrote:While I do agree this is a step in the right direction, I have to say I see several problems with this.
First, you need to do an email blast to all of your members letting them know. I only found out because I was using the switch from AA to Anvil as an example of a company sizing out smaller sizes, but not getting any media attention over it like Abercrombie and Fitch is getting. This is the first time I've been on this site in about a year. You're not going to win back the customers who have moved on if you don't tell them about it.

Second, unless you run this for a long time, only offering a choice in the daily shirt is going to take a long time to show a significant sales difference. Shirts are a hit or miss, and if the design is Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!, fewer people will buy it. By opening up the top 20 to the AA blanks, you would eliminate that variable and could get an accurate picture.

Third AA is more expensive. Some people will base their choice on that.

Am I the only one who thinks this is all for show? Offer the AA blanks, but don't try to email the people who have left or offer older designs? Keep sales of the AA shirts low? Then Woot gets to say, well, we tried but sales weren't high enough to keep this as an option?

I'd love for Woot to prove me wrong.

Well, sounds like Woot proved me right. I was really hoping that I was being too cynical. Apparently not.

scarywoody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scarywoody

For the love of god bring back the AP shirts as a permanent option. I would gladly pay whatever you want for them. As a fat guy it is hard to find wittty shirts that fit well. I quit buying when woot switched to anvil shirts and was literally the happiest I've been in years to see them come back.

owace

quality posts: 2 Private Messages owace

gaaaawdammnit... this ish again? No more AA?

GAAAHH. I spent the past 2 weeks telling everyone I met to go back to shirt.woot since the AA options are back.

They are going to hate me for being a liar.

:FURIOUS:

GAHHHH

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

E-mail me when you bring AA back, Woot. I still think you're an all right company, but no shirts out thre among the many sites are as good as the AA shirts. Period. So no negative from me at this point; just thanks for the trial run, please bring it back again, I can't wait to give you more money.

dreamaster

I would of bought todays shirt.

that's 26 bucks lost.

karatejen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karatejen
ChronoSquall14 wrote:E-mail me when you bring AA back, Woot. I still think you're an all right company, but no shirts out thre among the many sites are as good as the AA shirts. Period. So no negative from me at this point; just thanks for the trial run, please bring it back again, I can't wait to give you more money.

Yes, this exactly. You have my email. When you would offer the AA shirts again, let me know and I will starting looking again. As it stands now, I will continue to pass by shirt.woot on my morning review of the sites.

dreamaster

make that 39 bucks...

But that explains the bank account

Narfcake

ChronoSquall14 wrote:... but no shirts out thre among the many sites are as good as the AA shirts. Period.

What about the sites that do use AA blanks, like GoodJoe?

(FWIW, there are other blanks used at some sites that are pretty good too.)

dianaphragm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dianaphragm

Please bring back AA! I agree that the Anvil shirts don't look/fit right, don't have the same quality, and certainly are not made in America. I was happy to see that you have the choice for a few days but now I am disappointed to see that the time has passed. I didn't even know about the event long enough to find a shirt I liked. Please bring back American Apparel. I will definitely pay more.

dianaphragm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dianaphragm
Narfcake wrote:What about the sites that do use AA blanks, like GoodJoe?

(FWIW, there are other blanks used at some sites that are pretty good too.)

Thanks for the info! I'm been looking into different places to buy AA printed tees since it looks like I won't be buying from woot anytime soon.

Afterfour

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Afterfour

Nooo. I was getting ready to order today's shirt, and there was no AA option. Crap. I guess I saved some $$.

sinsemilla

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sinsemilla

Dammit Woot. I just realized that I missed a sweet Dr. Who shirt and then realized you stopped carrying AA again.

Email me if you ever get AA back, because at this point there is no reason for me to continue visiting this site every day. Which makes me sad as I have bought over 40 t-shirts from this site over the years.

lamautomatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lamautomatic

AMERICAN APPAREL

Please bring it back we are all asking for it!

gsedlak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsedlak

can some one post a list of sites that still use AA blanks? I would also be interested to know from the shirt snobs if there are any shirts blanks that are near the quality/specs of an AA shirt(sites that use them as well).

I need new shirts and Anvil is not a viable option... If Woot will not sell AA, i need a new outlet for clothes.

lastroses

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lastroses

Bleh, I didn't realize AA had been brought back for a limited time (bring it back permanently, please). I rarely check this site anymore since the switch to Anvil.

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
gsedlak wrote:can some one post a list of sites that still use AA blanks? I would also be interested to know from the shirt snobs if there are any shirts blanks that are near the quality/specs of an AA shirt(sites that use them as well).

I need new shirts and Anvil is not a viable option... If Woot will not sell AA, i need a new outlet for clothes.

GoodJoe

I don't know of any other sites that have AA. Maybe Narfcake would know.

Ryballz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryballz

Just found out the AA option was limited.
Sucks, but I'm not buying any more anvil shirts. They're made like crap and they're too short.

Narfcake

4khaos wrote:GoodJoe

I don't know of any other sites that have AA. Maybe Narfcake would know.

The comment I made on deals a while back still remains pertinent. The only thing I'll add is that it's since been confirmed that Threadless sources their current blanks from Anvil, custom made with their cyan banding; I won't be surprised if they still have some shirts printed on the older Canvas 3001 and 3001u blanks, however.

My short list of shirt sites I would regularly buy from include GoodJoe, Design by Humans, TeeTurtle, and shirt.Woot (when AA is used). DBH and TT both use Next Level blanks a majority of the time (and AA occasionally), which are really close in fit; they're even softer and shrink less than AA, but feel thinner and are not made in the US.

atmyapple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atmyapple

I hung in there with Anvil but their fit puts them in the pajama drawer and I can only spend so much on clothes to sleep in. Another vote for bringing back AA to stay.

gsedlak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsedlak

did Woot post any kind of comparison in shirt sales during the two week trial?

Narfcake

gsedlak wrote:did Woot post any kind of comparison in shirt sales during the two week trial?

It lasted for a month, and no, they didn't. Given some of the comments elsewhere, logistics was an issue in this.

scarywoody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scarywoody

Charge whatever you want WOOT...I will buy AA shirts!

bofis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bofis

Ugh, I was so looking forward to buying an AA shirt, and would still pay the $1 premium every time if it were offered :-\

jaminbird

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaminbird

NOOO! I want the American Flag shirt, but I only wear AA. I guess I'll treat myself to a chipotle burrito, chips, guac, and a drink instead. GG Woot.

dfwhokie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dfwhokie

I'm trying to recall a website more staunchly committed to avoiding sales.

I think Shirt.Woot takes the prize?

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123

Looks like thinkgeek is offering AA on some of their shirts now. Unfortunately they are charging $20+.

Link

morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl

This is awful! Terrible!!!! I just found out about this and it's way too late! Please please bring back the option to order AA shirts again! I will gladly pay an extra dollar and then some. I've been avoiding shirtwoot for a long time because it just makes me sad, and now I find out I've missed out on getting AA shirts. :'(

Microtic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Microtic

Oh no! Woot just changed their International shipping policies and now we don't have American Apparel shirts anymore.

I guess I'll just have to accept the Anvil shirts. :S

UPdownLoAD

quality posts: 2 Private Messages UPdownLoAD

Argh!! There would have been several shirts I would have purchased over the past few weeks if AA was back. Seriously, Woot, we want to spend money on quality items.