citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

The temporary offering of AA shirts did get me checking the site again on a more regular basis, and I've even started voting in the Derby again. However, I still do not see the draw of spending good money on any more Anvils. I have several, and I just do not like the fit and feel as well as the AA shirts. Given the strength of my Woot closet, a design has to really grab me for a purchase now. AA would make that easier, however.

eduardofreitag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eduardofreitag

I really appreciated the AA option. And I'm really sad it ended already.

Looking for a new place to buy shirts.

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars
nycbrent wrote:Add me to the list of those who prefer AA, but didn't purchase during this trial. None of the designs appealed to me, unfortunately...hopefully we'll have another chance in the future.

This

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

waldojim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waldojim

I didn't realize this was a limited time run for woot. I did buy more than one AA shirt when I could - and my collection would love to keep growing.

I refuse to buy more Anvil shirts though. They don't fit right, and they act different after several wash cycles.

Why can't Woot just listen, and let us AA folks keep paying the premium to keep buying what we want?

squishit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squishit

Failcakes.

Has it been two months already? I love today's shirt But I s'pose a lot of people did, or it wouldn't be first in the derby. Oh well, no shirt for me.

jaes7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaes7

Very disappointed that it's ended now too. I can't ever purchase a Woot shirt again, because the Anvil shirts are gigantic...

smurfage

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smurfage
waldojim wrote:Why can't Woot just listen, and let us AA folks keep paying the premium to keep buying what we want?

I ask myself the same question every day. If it's about the larger sizing, fine. Offer the larger sizes in a different brand, but don't hurt the rest of us!

If it were about money, what's the problem? Many have said we're willing to dish out the extra cash because the quality is that much better, and quality is half the battle. $13 was still a good deal, given the higher price and sales figures, I can't see how it would be a detriment. Profits happy + customers happy.

If it were about time, well I really can't comment here, but how long do inventory decisions and planning such as this take? It seems like an unreasonably long time between the initial switch and the trial (given the amount of uproar), and now the trial results are feeling the same way.

...just a thought, if two brands were offered, wouldn't inventory of both last longer since sales would ideally be split, assuming they order a standard quantity? And wouldn't that also push profits, having to reorder less often?

But I digress, as waldojim said.... why won't Woot just listen?

ratedblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ratedblue

So sad I missed this! My closet is stocked with old woot shirts, but since the switch I've only a couple (that's how long it took me to figure out the sizing isn't good for me). I'm a taller guy, and that little extra in the length of the shirt really makes a difference for me.

Woot - how about a newsletter next time you do this? Maybe you sent one and I missed it, but I'd be keen on watching next time this option comes up. (I'd also gladly pay the extra $ for the AA option).

shaggs888

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaggs888

Please bring back the American Apparel shirts. They fit me better.

gsedlak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsedlak

i find that visiting the Woot websites is totally unnecessary at this point. With shirt quality going in the toilet, all the brand loyalty that Woot had created went out the window and the community is dieing for it... i find it far easier to now to bypass shirt.woot and just use websites like http://tshirtspotlight.com/ to get my updates.

only reason i still come here once a month is to see if anything has changed in regards to AA.

vielleicht

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vielleicht

Would have bought today's shirt if it were printed on AA.

Jussayin'.

nycbrent

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nycbrent

Had my first major issue with an Anvil shirt today - seem falling apart after about 5 washes. I have dozens of AA and it has never happened...

Hoping that we will hear something about how this limited time experiment went, within our lifetimes?

prtyyoshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prtyyoshi

Le sigh.. I would have bought today's Zelda themed shirt in a heartbeat... Unfortunately, it's not on AA.. Well, I guess that means $13 saved in the bank.

limlimrevolution

quality posts: 1 Private Messages limlimrevolution

I also came looking to see if there was any possibility of an AA shirt for the Legend of Zelda shirt today. No such luck

davidmmorley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidmmorley

Please bring back AA. Willing to pay the buck or even a few bucks for a much nicer tee! I have not bought since they went away

arip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arip

+1 for AA. I avoid buying woot shirts now since they fit me terribly compared to my older AA woot shirts. I still wear some of the older ones now, even after many years, and they've held up very well.

dinkelburt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dinkelburt

Fun to see the designs go through but after my first Anvil shirt (2X), I just can't buy another. The neck is too wide, the material is thin and it's not long enough. I don't mind paying the extra $ for quality.

dreamaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dreamaster

I have money. I want shirts. Can we have the number cruncher results about the month of AA so I know to keep watching this site, or to leave the site entirely again.

Thanx in advance.

Zardus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zardus

Another customer here (me) who stopped buying after the switch and then missed this limited-time AA option. Pleeeease bring this back, woot! If I'd known about this, I'd have bought a ton of shirts.

Edit: also, I should mention that before the Anvil switch, I would check Woot every day (resulting in a LOT of woot purchases other than shirts, too). Since the switch, I check it once every 6 months or so (to see if you've gone back to AA), so I barely ever buy anything from woot nowadays. Please consider that effect as well.

supersmash64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supersmash64

Was so excited to finally buy a shirt today and then I realized the AA choice offer was limited. I understand cost concerns and such, and realize they may never be back for good, but I'm adding myself to the long list of people asking for them.

aguayo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aguayo

Yes, please PLEASE PLEASE bring back AA shirts. Just got my first non-AA shirt. Wow, what a difference.

jefferz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jefferz

I bought Anvil once when the switch was made, and will not be buying anymore. They don't fit. Even worse for my girlfriend. If woot returns to offering AA, we'll resume buying shirts.

Simple.

reminimjer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reminimjer

Agree on the AA shirts. I would gladly continue to pay an extra dollar to get the old AA blanks back. I don't even bother checking woot anymore since AA is no longer an option. There are dozens of shirts I would buy from the back catalog if AA was an option.

prtyyoshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prtyyoshi

Aw. I would've loved to purchase today's Doctor Who Blink shirt =((

Let's see, I think this is probably at least the 7th shirt I would've purchased from you guys.. so that's.. *takes out calculator* $91 saved. Your loss Woot.

Buffbill_ox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Buffbill_ox

I guess this is the proper place to post this but… as you can see by the little black box I am better than everyone else. More than half of those 100+ purchases were of AA woot shirts. I got one of the Anvil shirts and decided I was done. The neck is so loose I feel like I am a dancer out of the movie 80’s FlashDance. Please just listen to your loyal customers and go back to AA. I’ll pay more….. I just hate seeing a shirt I know I would like to buy… and wear… but wouldn’t dare buy as an anvil.

Emerson iTone iPod Docking Station - Woot Cellars Polyphemus - 9 Random Craps! - Nike Nano Armband - 3 Monkeys - Emergency Roadside Kits - Bacon Salt - Flashing woot off lights - Tons of woot shirts

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

I'd do $15 a shirt (with free freight and all) to start buying AA again. I miss buying Woot! shirts (other than purples) so much and just want to buy Woots again.

Cheshiremoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cheshiremoe

No woot shirts for me unless it is something other than Anvil ... does not matter what design/color/size... the Anvil shirts don't fit right, the fabric is feels horrible to wear. I can't bring my self to wear the ones I have.

Buffbill_ox

ChronoSquall14 wrote:I'd do $15 a shirt (with free freight and all) to start buying AA again. I miss buying Woot! shirts (other than purples) so much and just want to buy Woots again.

Amen....My thoughts exactly.

Emerson iTone iPod Docking Station - Woot Cellars Polyphemus - 9 Random Craps! - Nike Nano Armband - 3 Monkeys - Emergency Roadside Kits - Bacon Salt - Flashing woot off lights - Tons of woot shirts

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
Buffbill_ox wrote:... I got one of the Anvil shirts and decided I was done. The neck is so loose I feel like I am a dancer out of the movie 80’s FlashDance. ...

This is what I've done to a few of my shirts. Not ideal to have to do it, but it makes them more "wearable", at least.

Buffbill_ox

Narfcake wrote:This is what I've done to a few of my shirts. Not ideal to have to do it, but it makes them more "wearable", at least.

That is doable. I got the Darth Vader Cat shirt that I am dying to wear. Thank you for this. I'll let you know how it goes.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
Buffbill_ox wrote:That is doable. I got the Darth Vader Cat shirt that I am dying to wear. Thank you for this. I'll let you know how it goes.

I ended up buying Darth Meow and Jabba the Fluff when they printed on long sleeves and traded for a tank. Both are among my 45 different catshirt designs from multiple shirt sites.

The rights on both design have since reverted back to the respective artists, so unless their contract is renegotiated, they won't print here at Woot again. Maybe at TeeTurtle someday? I dunno.

saquack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saquack
ChronoSquall14 wrote:I'd do $15 a shirt (with free freight and all) to start buying AA again. I miss buying Woot! shirts (other than purples) so much and just want to buy Woots again.

I think all original woot fans agree with you. Do the woot decision makers actually care about us anymore? I think pemberducky getting tired of us bringing it up all the time.

I know comments we make about it in the daily comments section will be deleted. They don't want others to be discouraged from purchasing the current shirt. They also want to support the artist as much as possible. I totally agree with supporting the artist, but the best way to do that is to provide them with a better canvas.

Woot? will you listen to us? Give us some solid business answers as to the Anvil shirt situation. Is there a long term contract? A huge inventory of shirts? Afraid that we won't pay for the AA upcharge? Please, leak us some info. We really do love the designs and want to give you our money.

roberttravis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roberttravis

I've seen many successful businesses (albeit smaller ones) that were run by people who cared about them sold to those that care about the fact that is was successful and don't much care about the business itself. These ventures fail because, guess what, people don't like being treated solely as a source of revenue. Yes, I get it. Profits keep business afloat. But overhead costs are just one part of a business. Successful mom and pop hardware stores don't stay afloat because they have the cheapest prices. They're typically more expensive than the orange and blue stores. They offer great customer service and a quality product and people WANT to go there because they don't feel neglected.

We've been subjugated to these poor quality, giant neck hole shirts for how long now? A year and a half? Its obvious they don't care about what a large group of their buyer base thinks. At this point I have to assume the number crunchers have made their decision and their decision is that enough people have giant necks or just don't know any better so they're going to stick with an inferior product.

At this point, I'm done. Cashing in my chips. I don't care if woot switches back to AA and drops the price to $8. I've been ignored long enough. Fair thee well woot.com

The Tim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages The Tim
roberttravis wrote:I've seen many successful businesses (albeit smaller ones) that were run by people who cared about them sold to those that care about the fact that is was successful and don't much care about the business itself. These ventures fail because, guess what, people don't like being treated solely as a source of revenue. Yes, I get it. Profits keep business afloat. But overhead costs are just one part of a business. Successful mom and pop hardware stores don't stay afloat because they have the cheapest prices. They're typically more expensive than the orange and blue stores. They offer great customer service and a quality product and people WANT to go there because they don't feel neglected.

We've been subjugated to these poor quality, giant neck hole shirts for how long now? A year and a half? Its obvious they don't care about what a large group of their buyer base thinks. At this point I have to assume the number crunchers have made their decision and their decision is that enough people have giant necks or just don't know any better so they're going to stick with an inferior product.

At this point, I'm done. Cashing in my chips. I don't care if woot switches back to AA and drops the price to $8. I've been ignored long enough. Fair thee well woot.com

I feel the same way. Haven't ordered anything from Woot since the AA shirt I picked up in May during this limited time offer.

We're not the only ones, either. This article is from May: Five Woot Execs Check Out, As Daily Deals Site Feels The Strain Under Owner Amazon

flgood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flgood

I was a fan of the AA shirts and just ordered again recently. I was surprised when I put on my new shirt and it didn't fit right. I did a little research and discovered that my beloved shirt.woot had changed. Please bring back the AA shirts or at least give us the option (yes, I would pay a little extra) on any shirt that is ordered.

IBcrashen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IBcrashen

I was all set to order 5-6 t`s of previous sirts but the lack of AA shirts killed that. The Anvils are so cheap that I get a holes in them so fast its not worth the $$. boycotting any purchase of any woot until they are brought back.

dirtymick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirtymick

After almost a year of no Woot Shirts I decided to check out the site again to see if they had switched back to American Apparel. I had not realized they had for a limited time. Please bring back the AA option. I will not order any more shirts until the option is restored.

jlc40

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jlc40

I love love love today's shirt, and there's a few others in the side sales that I'd probably pick up if they were AA, but every time I think about buying a Woot tee now I have to remind myself that the Anvil blanks are weirdly bell-shaped in the bottom, making me look like a slob, and prone to wrinkling, making them way more work than any t-shirt really should be. The result is that I rarely wear the two Anvil shirts I already own, so it's hard to justify spending more money on something I'm rarely (if ever) going to wear, even if the design is great.

I dunno if anyone even checks up on this thread anymore, but it's been an awfully long time since I bought a t-shirt from Woot, and that makes me sad, especially considering my first thought upon getting a steady source of income was "Now I can buy AS MANY WOOT SHIRTS AS I WANT!" :\

jluffner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jluffner

Some of the shirts in Woot Plus' Community Picked Faves are on American Apparel.

dreamaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dreamaster
jluffner wrote:Some of the shirts in Woot Plus' Community Picked Faves are on American Apparel.

forgot to answer this - I clicked thru all of them and discovered It was one shirt that really needed to not be purchased.