thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
Jae87 wrote:HODOR!

HODOR!

vacaaaaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vacaaaaa
Mavyn wrote:Woot references are rejectionable.

But then, perhaps that's the point.

Im not sure what you mean in the end but about the first thing, I wrote woot just to write something, i could put my name or whatever but wouldnt have to much sence

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
vacaaaaa wrote:Im not sure what you mean in the end but about the first thing, I wrote woot just to write something, i could put my name or whatever but wouldnt have to much sence

What you put on the mockup is what you intend to print. So...yeah. That's how that works. Since you put 'woot', and this is shirt.woot...it's a woot reference, and woot doesn't allow those.

As for the last, given the title, I thought possibly you were being snarky and trying to get rejected.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Mavyn

distantfox wrote:A lot of the other shirts appear to be handmade though, and the few commercial ones (such as the one on redbubble)look awful or have text.

I'd love to have this shirt.

Be that as it may, woot has a standard of not printing a tee where similar shirts already exist. It's not a matter of preference or quality...it's similarity to the concept presented.

They may or may not enforce it, as is their choice.

patton716

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patton716
Re: Field Issue

Will it come in any other colors than black?

legendn314

quality posts: 0 Private Messages legendn314
Mavyn wrote:Very funny. I like the knife but the shadow looks strange...why would it be side lit?

Yeah...not sure why you are questioning why the guy who made the greatest woot t-shirt ever does what he does.

legendn314

quality posts: 0 Private Messages legendn314
Re: Booty

How good was this design! Still want one!

Mavyn

legendn314 wrote:Yeah...not sure why you are questioning why the guy who made the greatest woot t-shirt ever does what he does.

Why not? Good artists still make choices that look odd to others. There's not much point in sharing artwork if your don't want any feedback...or worse, if you only want positive feedback.

If you'll note...that 'greatest shirt' was not the original submission of the concept. The first submission was rejected. Based on comments and feedback from members of the community, it was improved, and resubmitted. I doubt that tjost took any offense to my question, and if he did, he's more than welcome to contact me.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Mavyn wrote:Why not? Good artists still make choices that look odd to others. There's not much point in sharing artwork if your don't want any feedback...or worse, if you only want positive feedback.

If you'll note...that 'greatest shirt' was not the original submission of the concept. The first submission was rejected. Based on comments and feedback from members of the community, it was improved, and resubmitted. I doubt that tjost took any offense to my question, and if he did, he's more than welcome to contact me.

Nope It was a valid comment and like I said it was merely to avoid the shadow across the text. Honestly though I question myself all the time and don't quite know why I do certain things, other then I think it works better, to me at least. Thanks for the support though.

tjost

Re: In Training

You did a great job with this Spirit, I just wish the colors were slightly more saturated but you achieved great textures still.

tjost

Re: StalkQR

Just a question, it works on the smaller low res image to scan but have you taken a full size scan shot with your camera and the art at size on your monitor to check. Just wondering

Mavyn

tjost wrote:Nope It was a valid comment and like I said it was merely to avoid the shadow across the text. Honestly though I question myself all the time and don't quite know why I do certain things, other then I think it works better, to me at least. Thanks for the support though.

Sometimes I ask because I wonder if I'm missing something. The first thing that came to mind was that it's being lit by candles from the side, as it would have been on a stage.

It's all good. The Binge tote has been my work lunch bag for years now. I <3's it lots!

Mavyn

tjost wrote:Just a question, it works on the smaller low res image to scan but have you taken a full size scan shot with your camera and the art at size on your monitor to check. Just wondering

I used ctrl++ to make the inset image full screen, and scanned it. Still worked for me, anyway.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: In Training

@tjost, it's funny, I think maybe it's the merchandising and cartoons that makes us think of very strong colors. If you look back at the training scenes in Empire the colors are quite muted. The backpack is blue-gray. Yoda is a faded green, which I actually amped up a little.

I tried to be a stickler to the source material. :^)

-

Thanks everyone for the comments and votes on this design!

marceepauff

quality posts: 18 Private Messages marceepauff
tjost wrote:Just a question, it works on the smaller low res image to scan but have you taken a full size scan shot with your camera and the art at size on your monitor to check. Just wondering

I have. I've tested it every which way I can figure. It took a while to get it juuuust right. Between my original drawings, a change to my QR code and a million updates via Illustrator, I finally printed it out actual size and posted it on my bulletin board at work and it scans as well. It also scans full screen on my monitor. And my guess is, if someone's trying to scan a shirt from several feet away, it would work perfectly too. As a disclaimer, however, some scanner apps work way better than others.

tjost

marceepauff wrote:I have. I've tested it every which way I can figure. It took a while to get it juuuust right. Between my original drawings, a change to my QR code and a million updates via Illustrator, I finally printed it out actual size and posted it on my bulletin board at work and it scans as well. It also scans full screen on my monitor. And my guess is, if someone's trying to scan a shirt from several feet away, it would work perfectly too. As a disclaimer, however, some scanner apps work way better than others.

Cool just wondering

marceepauff

quality posts: 18 Private Messages marceepauff
tjost wrote:Cool just wondering

Of course! Totally valid. What's the point of having a cool qr shirt that doesn't scan at full size!?

Yeah, that would suck. I try to avoid things that suck.

(except vampires, I like those.)

kcastle411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcastle411
Re: Enter Twilight

Sweet!

kcastle411

Re: Don't Kick Me

Nice!

kcastle411

Re: Turned On

Haha nice play on words

hunnewelldesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hunnewelldesign
patton716 wrote:Will it come in any other colors than black?

yes if it wins lol

netwarior

quality posts: 0 Private Messages netwarior
ochopika wrote:Those weapons have to go somewhere...
Thanks for taking a look!

This shirt is AMAZING!!!

Is there anything on the front though? ^^

spikeani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
Mavyn wrote:You're responsible for confirming that you are submitting an original design, not one that is very similar to a pre-existing shirt.

For there to be several similar shirts within the same derby isn't unusual. That's a very different situation than to submit a design so similar to another shirt printed on this site.

Thank you

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

netwarior wrote:This shirt is AMAZING!!!

Is there anything on the front though? ^^

Thank you! Putting details on the front would be sweet, but Woot's only printing on the back this time. It could be a fun surprise to take a backpack or jacket off and have all that epic gear, that was my idea anyway.

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1
legendn314 wrote:How good was this design! Still want one!

I must admit I giggled...rejectionator needs to lighten up :P

Buy!

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl

starvingmartian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starvingmartian

Thanks @ralphy42 , appreciate the love. I have a Gohan and Vegeta one I'm gonna put up soon. Your whole family will be able to rocks these someday soon. LoL

ralphy42 wrote:Go super-Saiyan!! I would so buy a whole family set of these ... not that I have kids yet ... but when I do, I want them to run around in this shirt!

scrabblefish

quality posts: 13 Private Messages scrabblefish
Re: Standing in line is AWESOME

Sarcasm... Get thee behind me!

dfunk29

quality posts: 54 Private Messages dfunk29
Re: Monkey on my back

I'm so glad you put the shirt model picture on here. Now that I know that this is no tiny little monkey hanging out on my back, I'll definitely be buying it!

Another great shirt Wences!

vacaaaaa

Re: Stuck Sucker

jajajaja

vacaaaaa

Mavyn wrote:What you put on the mockup is what you intend to print. So...yeah. That's how that works. Since you put 'woot', and this is shirt.woot...it's a woot reference, and woot doesn't allow those.

As for the last, given the title, I thought possibly you were being snarky and trying to get rejected.

I didnt know it wasnt allowed, they could tell me something :/ anyway It wont be a winner so, no big deal.

massha10

quality posts: 68 Private Messages massha10

LOLOLOLOL

Mavyn

vacaaaaa wrote:I didnt know it wasnt allowed, they could tell me something :/ anyway It wont be a winner so, no big deal.

There are several resources that list what is and what isn't allowed. Check the forum Artist Resources tab along with the FAQs.

It may or may not be rejected--it depends on how much time Woot staff have this week.

There's also a Derby discussion thread where you can post your idea or design and get feedback before submitting.

ralphy42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ralphy42

Lol! Excellent ... (mwah haaha!)

Jake1364

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jake1364

seems like the tail is too high

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

hehehehe!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano

I'm itching

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: raphael shell

Love it, awesome details!

jfenchel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfenchel
Re: My Stats

it would be cool if you could get one of these with a custom level for each trait

teenyman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teenyman

London Bridge Is Falling Down..!!!