river0040


quality posts: 0 Private Messages river0040
chikris847 wrote:I want to vote for this one, but I'm missing the "I'd want one" button. I love it!



Are you logged in?

philosopherott


quality posts: 3 Private Messages philosopherott
Re: Anything for Ice Cream



How does this not have more votes?

Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
chikris847 wrote:I want to vote for this one, but I'm missing the "I'd want one" button. I love it!



Until you make a purchase from one of the woot sites, you can't vote in the derby. The white box next to your name will change colors--once it's no longer white, you can vote.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
river0040 wrote:After seeing The Shining, I wouldn't want to work there... Thanks for the compliment. You made my day!



I turned it down, but not because of the movie. The hotel is actually in Estes Park, not remote like the movie makes it seem. But I was living in Ft Collins at the time and the commute would have been quite long.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
philosopherott wrote:How does this not have more votes?



Maybe we need to do the Truffle Shuffle to get more votes ;)

*starts to dance and wobble

davetok


quality posts: 0 Private Messages davetok

So wots the kanji mean?

imclaudia


quality posts: 0 Private Messages imclaudia
Re: Hello, 1984.



Love the Mac, would loose the Welcome to 1984 text...or maybe reformat it

Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Cheese Love Story



A) How is this on theme?

B) The thumbnail shows a white background, your mockup shows a heather grey tee.

B1) Heather Grey tees aren't a woot option anymore. You'll need to pick one of the tees they're offering, redo the mockup and the thumbnail to reflect the color, and repost.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

btb100


quality posts: 0 Private Messages btb100
Re: Never Forget



Wait. I still have some of that paper. Should I put it on Ebay?

jatharney


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jatharney

My first submission. Ever. Feedback appreciated.

jatharney


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jatharney

My first submission. Ever. Feedback appreciated.

Re: Another Notch on my Lipstick Case



Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Another Notch on my Lipstick Case



The yellow tee is sometimes a tough sell. The problem is that it isn't the buttery yellow shown, but a rather brighter, lemony yellow. So, while I'm a fan, most people are not, which means your design has to be ABSOLUTELY FLAMAZING to get the vote. Just a thought.

2nd thought...designing shirts that are gender oriented will usually cut in your voting pool as well. I know a lot of men who are very confident of their sexuality, but I can't imagine a single one of them wanting to wear this design. They might like it, but they're not going to wear it.

I'm not saying to completely change your style to cater to the woot audience, but it's important to understand going in.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Defend the Eagle



I don't understand how such an excellent design has way too few votes.

The derbies have definitely changed...

onthedl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages onthedl

I'D WANT ONE

marceepauff


quality posts: 18 Private Messages marceepauff
omarfeliciano wrote:I don't understand how such an excellent design has way too few votes.

The derbies have definitely changed...



I agree that the art is great, but I don't recognize the reference. I guess if it's not your genre, you wouldn't buy the shirt?

80s is tough. I had a ton of ideas, but when I whittled them down, I realized all the references that I thought were great and hilarious (that I would buy) were things that the majority of people (especially the younger crowd) wouldn't get. My first concept was "Long Duk Dong's Driving School", which I found to be super hilarious and awesome, but then I realized it might be too specific so I went with something I figured would be more widely recognized.

expo01


quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: I'm a mess!



+1

jatharney


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jatharney
Mavyn wrote:The yellow tee is sometimes a tough sell. The problem is that it isn't the buttery yellow shown, but a rather brighter, lemony yellow. So, while I'm a fan, most people are not, which means your design has to be ABSOLUTELY FLAMAZING to get the vote. Just a thought.

2nd thought...designing shirts that are gender oriented will usually cut in your voting pool as well. I know a lot of men who are very confident of their sexuality, but I can't imagine a single one of them wanting to wear this design. They might like it, but they're not going to wear it.

I'm not saying to completely change your style to cater to the woot audience, but it's important to understand going in.



Thanks! All good things to know.

This wasn't my only (or even my best) design idea, but, as I'm new to the game, I don't really feel I have the know-how to do justice to my other ideas. (It also doesn't help that I'm doing this all on a laptop touchpad, but my Bamboo tablet is being delivered today. Yay!)

lyonscc


quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
marceepauff wrote:I agree that the art is great, but I don't recognize the reference. I guess if it's not your genre, you wouldn't buy the shirt?

80s is tough. I had a ton of ideas, but when I whittled them down, I realized all the references that I thought were great and hilarious (that I would buy) were things that the majority of people (especially the younger crowd) wouldn't get. My first concept was "Long Duk Dong's Driving School", which I found to be super hilarious and awesome, but then I realized it might be too specific so I went with something I figured would be more widely recognized.



I agree with all of this. The design looks really clean and attractive, but I don't recognize the reference at all. And in 1985, I was working at a Radio Shack franchise store, repairing/selling PC's, and selling computer games.

ambergreen


quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
Re: Ghost busting



Where's the fourth buster?

sonofafish


quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish
Mavyn wrote:A) How is this on theme?

B) The thumbnail shows a white background, your mockup shows a heather grey tee.

B1) Heather Grey tees aren't a woot option anymore. You'll need to pick one of the tees they're offering, redo the mockup and the thumbnail to reflect the color, and repost.



A) lotta off-theme subs. meh.

B) while a useful suggestion, this designer is probably gonna wanna clean up their design skills or get better jokes in order to start placing.

C) that said, take it with a grain of salt, because it's my first derby and I'm performing well below my expectation. Derbies are hard! *whine*

sonofafish


quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish
Re: Bibi Babka



You know, I really do love this, but maybe a Balky 2-tone shot just so it's not all text? I don't know. I mean, I +1ed, but it looks like Bibi Babka goes boom.

merlindylan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages merlindylan
cubeking wrote:I love this shirt... but as a cube enthusiast, the orange and red stickers should not share a corner piece. Also, the red and orange centers should not be on adjacent sides. If these would be fixed I would be in for 2.


I think this cube has been tampered with. The positions of the red and orange stickers on the corner pieces make the cube unsolvable.

SPEED LIMIT C

frauholle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages frauholle
Re: Candy Cigarettes



I really did love these as a kid, good thing or not. I thought this was a nice write-up on the nostalgia & appeal of them http://bestofthe80s.wordpress.com/2011/07/29/candy-cigarettes/

D4N13L


quality posts: 0 Private Messages D4N13L
spikeani wrote:Man this a seriously tough crowd. I can't believe this hasn't gone to the fog of war yet. I wish I had more friends on this site. I would get to vote for ya. Keep the faith.


Truly appreciate it! this is only my second try at the Derby so I guess I need to promote more

D4N13L


quality posts: 0 Private Messages D4N13L
flattopfrank wrote:Dig it!!! +1


thank you!

D4N13L


quality posts: 0 Private Messages D4N13L
omarfeliciano wrote:Great mash up!


thank you!

spikeani


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
frauholle wrote:I really did love these as a kid, good thing or not. I thought this was a nice write-up on the nostalgia & appeal of them http://bestofthe80s.wordpress.com/2011/07/29/candy-cigarettes/



MAN! I feel really old. lol This was my all time favorite candy. Especially the cigar version. Great job. Good luck

lilDjinn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilDjinn
Re: I'm a mess!



As much as I love solving the cube, I could never own this shirt because it's inaccurate!! The orange center below his mouth, could not be next to the side that has the red center (at the bottom).

Clearly the creator of this shirt does not know his/her way around the cube or they would of made that simple fix.

river0040


quality posts: 0 Private Messages river0040
Re: Remembering John Lennon 1940-1980



why can't you run this?

river0040


quality posts: 0 Private Messages river0040
river0040 wrote:why can't you run this?



Never mind... I'll just guess that it's because he's a public figure and someone owns all the rights to his name, etc.. So sorry. That didn't occur to me when I made it. Won't happen again.

thumperchick


quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
Re: BORG! BORG! BORG!



There's a shirt pretty similar to this, same theme, that's been printed at RedBubble.

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
river0040 wrote:Never mind... I'll just guess that it's because he's a public figure and someone owns all the rights to his name, etc.. So sorry. That didn't occur to me when I made it. Won't happen again.



Don't worry about that, we've all gone throught a rejection or two.

D4N13L


quality posts: 0 Private Messages D4N13L
Re: N.E.S.


I remember the first time I played with my cousin's NES, it was glorious. I shall wear this.

river0040


quality posts: 0 Private Messages river0040
Mavyn wrote:I turned it down, but not because of the movie. The hotel is actually in Estes Park, not remote like the movie makes it seem. But I was living in Ft Collins at the time and the commute would have been quite long.



Hope (and expect) that decision worked out well for you. Plus, you've still got a story to tell... that's gotta' count for something!

river0040


quality posts: 0 Private Messages river0040
omarfeliciano wrote:Don't worry about that, we've all gone throught a rejection or two.



Yes, but I weep (sigh)...
Thanks for the encouragement. I really did like the design... Love your colliding planets. It rocks (no pun intended).

FMstatic100


quality posts: 0 Private Messages FMstatic100

I wish it were an 80s pony.

dgauz118


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgauz118
Re: I Want My Two Dollars



Oh! Mr. Goodbar! yes a thousand times yes, just take my money now

spikeani


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
Re: Jefferson's car



Guess no one on this has seen Fasttimes at ridgemount High.

ostipow


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ostipow
Re: Helen Keller...So So Deaf



Seriously. Gross. This isn't tshirthell.com

massha10


quality posts: 68 Private Messages massha10
Re: JaegerMaster



Off hand, this looks quite like the shirt I just bought from riptapparel