artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Go Pluck Yourself

Nice. I haven't audibly laughed at one of these designs in a while. +1

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Lawn Protection Society

I'd wear it with pride while brandishing the hose and frowning at all the local kids and dogs. +1

draco18s

quality posts: 0 Private Messages draco18s
Re: Not Awesome

Someone missed the fact that that song, and its usage within that movie, is utterly dystopian.

"Here's your $37 coffee."
Awesome!
"You're only one face in a crowd."
Awesome!
"The government spies on you."
Awesome!
Everything is Awesome!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Gray day grumps

littleclyde wrote:Aw, the pop of the speech bubble is really effective against all that gray.

Thanks littleclyde!

thatrobert wrote:Ah, an Oregonian cat.

Aren't the oregonian cats used to gray days?

Vote!

leslieh01

quality posts: 1 Private Messages leslieh01
DianaSprinkle wrote:Your shirt comp image needs to be 602 x 602 pixels, right now it's 1114 x 1404.

In fact both of the images woot wants you upload, the shirt detail and the shirt comp, should be square images. Woot will make them square if you don't by squishing them down which is why your image looks like it does.

Alrighty. Thanks!

leslieh01

Mavyn wrote:Did you upload a shirt comp? If not...that's why.

Suspect this is going to be rejected though. Disney isn't very 'sharey' when it comes to their artwork.

Yeah. I uploaded a comp shirt. I thought that's what they'd put up for me.

leslieh01

DianaSprinkle wrote:Woot can pick Pantone colors for you no problem. The bigger concern right now is that you need to show your design on a shirt in the shirt comp image or you're going to get rejected.

You'll probably get rejected for the copyrighted character as well but that rule has more wiggle room then shirt mock up one.

Yeah I don't understand about the comp shirt file. I upload a jpg of the design and one of the design on a shirt. How do I get the shirt one to be seen?

leslieh01

Why were "King Grumpy", "Ugh", "Umph", and "Banana Split" rejected? Was it because my Grumpy character designs were rejected?

annspade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annspade

Haha! "Bones!" I would totally rock this shirt. I'm a fan of the Star Trek ENTERPRISE (see what I did there) and Bones is one of my faves, especially from the newer movies! :D VOTE FOR THIS DESIGN... AND SUPPORT A VERY COOL ARTIST!

Re: Bones

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Grumpy Unicorn

The design really looks great! I love the colors and I think the distressing really works. I think I prefer the filled in eye from your pre-derby sketch, but still - great job!

Vote!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 151 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
thumperchick wrote:If you subbed this for St. Paddy's, those people who get really mad about the 4 leaf clovers might enjoy it! :D

Ohhh, good idea... though I think I'd have to change it up a little to resub. I have a good idea for an alternate 4-leaf version, though that's basically doing the opposite of what you're suggesting. =D

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66

yeah I agree he doesn't really look grumpy but I do love the concept and design. well done!

ant3ka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ant3ka
Re: Never Mind the Gap

OH MY ██████ ███ LOVE THIS!!

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bnbsouthworth
Re: Toy Not Included

My thought was if you were going for the Sesame Street grump, he spells Oscar with an A.

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
bnbsouthworth wrote:My thought was if you were going for the Sesame Street grump, he spells Oscar with an A.

Doh!

saintpepsi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saintpepsi
glausevic wrote:Great shirt!

THanks this is my first time trying the Derby I have always wanted too

saintpepsi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saintpepsi
annspade wrote:Haha! "Bones!" I would totally rock this shirt. I'm a fan of the Star Trek ENTERPRISE (see what I did there) and Bones is one of my faves, especially from the newer movies! :D VOTE FOR THIS DESIGN... AND SUPPORT A VERY COOL ARTIST!

I love ya Ann I'll throw it on spread shirt if it fails here

rathoren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rathoren
Re: Not A Night Owl

NEED/WANT/NEED/WANT!!!!!!!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
leslieh01 wrote:Why were "King Grumpy", "Ugh", "Umph", and "Banana Split" rejected? Was it because my Grumpy character designs were rejected?

No. They were rejected because there was not a shirt comp.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

frauholle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frauholle
ant3ka wrote:OH MY ██████ ███ LOVE THIS!!

LOL, thanks! Stay grumpy my friend ;)

jessisima

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima
thumperchick wrote:That was quite the biting comment. I'm going to go ahead and disagree.
I like the distressed look, I think it adds to the overall idea that rainbows aren't always beautiful and perfect, which perfectly illustrates the unicorn's attitude.

Thanks Thumperchick!

jessisima

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima
jasneko wrote:The design really looks great! I love the colors and I think the distressing really works. I think I prefer the filled in eye from your pre-derby sketch, but still - great job!

Thanks! Yeah, I had to make a decision about the eye and I just went with this version. I'm glad you still like it.

thatrobert

quality posts: 28 Private Messages thatrobert
geekfactor12 wrote:Great design! You always make the coolest typography tees in the derby

Thanks! I can never resist!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Wrong Side of the Bed

I love this so much! Both of your shirts this week are amazing.

perdita00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perdita00
officeink wrote:Super Cute design!

Thankyou!

leslieh01

Re: Sour Fruit

This one is awesome! Why is it not in the Fog of War?!

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
leslieh01 wrote:This one is awesome! Why is it not in the Fog of War?!

I wish I knew. I wish-- I knew. Thank you, though

mandklewis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mandklewis
thumperchick wrote:

it looks even more like him when you put the pic next to it. i know it won't change anything because the internet votes for cats and this artist knows that so it was worth not using some creativity like everyone else this week. now if you'll excuse me, i don't drink coffee, but i'm low on haterade.

lonelypond

quality posts: 450 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Not a Morning Person

Great mood + colors.

lonelypond

Re: Pizza Party

Fun

lonelypond

Re: Gray day grumps

good one

lonelypond

Re: Grumpy Grizzly

cool

lonelypond

lonelypond

Re: Weirdly Grumpy

Yep : )

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Re: Say My Name

I like it. I always wonder about font usage-- with a design like this it looks like "Grumpy (go away)" would be hand written since it slants across the name tag. The font you chose is definitely in a hand written style but is still noticeably a font-- In making my own designs I always wonder if it bothers people when I use my own hand writing as opposed to a font created based on handwriting. In a situation like this it would technically look more true to life with variation among letters, but to the eye on a t-shirt it might look best as a font. This isn't criticism but curiosity about how you decide when and what fonts to use vs. using your own handwriting.

laytonfruit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laytonfruit

nm

laytonfruit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laytonfruit
Spiritgreen wrote:'You heard about Pluto? That's messed up, right.'

'Has that line ever worked for you, Gus?'

It worked in the Planetarium episode.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBS1VsygjZM

Probably helped that it was Gus' IRL wife.

ladytsara

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladytsara
Beckybeq wrote:My son (the incredible Godzilla fanatic) totally wants this shirt!

Awesome! Even though it looks like it's not gonna win, I'm glad he likes it, and I appreciate the votes it did get. ^_^

VOTE

albertoarni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages albertoarni
Re: CATffeine

Love it! +1

albertoarni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages albertoarni
Re: Be Negative

So negative! +1