quality posts: 414 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: 44 Pixel Presidents

a portable portrait gallery...impressive

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: American Pie
lonelypond wrote:hungry now ; )

Have a slice of pie perhaps? =)

Warning: this shirt might create cravings.

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Independent Vacation

Collaboration with cmdixon.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Nothing says America like Mexican Fireworks

Oh irony I salute thee...

Thought of this last minute and had to do it.

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
edgrrrzzmom wrote:Love the resub. Royal blue really makes the design pop. Also like that you've reoriented it on the shirt and balanced the design with the addition of the stars to the lower left. Better, better. +1

thanks a lot

harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula
Re: Raising the flag

thanks again!

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Nothing says America like Mexican Fireworks

Glad you did it, tjost. Now I'm wondering if an Australian on an overseas trip wearing that message would still class as ironic.

oklemiller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oklemiller

Could the A be from American Airlines?

EwingKlipspringer wrote:I'm glad this didn't get rejected.

I'm waiting (mostly) patiently to hear where the A in America comes from.

aristolchia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aristolchia
eswart wrote:I like the concept.

Thanks, I really hope there isn't a real company called Boston Tea :P

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
Re: Happy Birthday America!

Thanks for the nice words!:D:D I only wanted to wish you a cute and respectful happy birthday!:D

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Independent Vacation

lol, he's in for a surprise when that thing explodes

IraHall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IraHall

Logged in specifically to vote for this design. Hope you win!

bjmantis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bjmantis
Re: U.S. flag v.2

Maryland and South Dakota both look like they are saying something, and Oklahoma is pointing at Utah.

edgrrrzzmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgrrrzzmom
Re: America Home of the... Cats?

I'm sure all those cats are suspended from something so that the flag doesn't touch the ground. Right!?

bjmantis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bjmantis
Re: Drive Thru

Funny! Gross! Funny! Ewwww! Hahaha... Wish you well with this design!

edgrrrzzmom

flattopfrank wrote:Thanks edgrrrzmom! And just so you know, I learned something today. After I looked up the last word in your post. So, thank you.

I went on line and was surprised at the number of entries for corvidophile. I meant it in the most straightforward sense--corvids (crows, ravens, jays, etc); phile (Latin for to love). I'm a great admirer of these birds. They are some of the smartest birds around.

bottlegirl2003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottlegirl2003

(Whoops I erased the picture link... this is for the blue t-shirt with the sweeping red-white-and-blue flag going across it)
Beautiful design! The blue background really makes it great. I'd get one

staryoshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages staryoshi
Re: Patriotic Partying

I want this to hit the presses ASAP. I have great want for it

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
edgrrrzzmom wrote:I'm sure all those cats are suspended from something so that the flag doesn't touch the ground. Right!?

What? Yes the flag is on the ground. The cats are crawling underneath.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
writermist wrote:What? Yes the flag is on the ground. The cats are crawling underneath.

As an FYI, letting the American Flag touch the ground is a no-no. Doing so violates the Flag Code.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
Mavyn wrote:As an FYI, letting the American Flag touch the ground is a no-no. Doing so violates the Flag Code.

Agree...disrespectful letting the flag touch the ground and even worse letting the cats play with it. sigh. I guess it could have been worse, you could've lined the litter box with the flag. smh

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc

There are no cats in the fog again this week....could it mean that the reign of the cat is over?? Please let it be so.

justkissmybass

quality posts: 3 Private Messages justkissmybass
Spiritgreen wrote:Thanks so much PP. This was a labor of love or madness and I'm thankful for every vote. America means a lot to me, I've visited many times and have always felt at home.

There's still the chance it'll get featured in the near-misses sale.

I wonder if people are missing the full details of the design while just glancing at the thumbnail... This is an amazing piece of work. You, sir, most certainly deserve a grill!

kbsaturn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kbsaturn
Re: Inalienable Rights

There is no Constitutional guarantee of Happiness. It is the "pursuit of happiness". It is the difference between the government controlling the outcomes (which introduces corruption) and the government getting out of the way to let us be free.

eswart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eswart

If anyone likes this entry, please vote for my edited version. Thanks. PS constructive comments are appreciated as this is my first "derby".

bethvet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bethvet

I also voted, but think it would look better without the white box.

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Patriotic Partying

Thanks for the support everyone! Got my fingers crossed. :D

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer
bethvet wrote:I also voted, but think it would look better without the white box.

Well, truth be known, I think it would look better without the white box, too.

And if I had known that the Rejectionator was on vacation in Acapulco this week, I wouldn't have added the white box. But that "No text-only designs" rule was making me nervous...

Live and learn, I guess...

Thanks for the votes, everyone!

phox325

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phox325
Re: Written in the Stars

Thank you everyone! Here's hoping!

Please vote for Cookies!

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915

flattopfrank

quality posts: 2 Private Messages flattopfrank
edgrrrzzmom wrote:I went on line and was surprised at the number of entries for corvidophile. I meant it in the most straightforward sense--corvids (crows, ravens, jays, etc); phile (Latin for to love). I'm a great admirer of these birds. They are some of the smartest birds around.

I understood what you meant. I'm also amazed by these birds. And although they may not be in the same family, I've taken some awesome photos of two speckled owls that have taken up residence around our property.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
EwingKlipspringer wrote:But that "No text-only designs" rule was making me nervous...

The shape of the flag formed by the text takes care of that rule.

Nothing follows.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
kbsaturn wrote:There is no Constitutional guarantee of Happiness. It is the "pursuit of happiness". It is the difference between the government controlling the outcomes (which introduces corruption) and the government getting out of the way to let us be free.

Well, technically there's no constitutional right to any of those things specifically, as they are instead spelled out in the Declaration of Independence :P

But I felt that just saying Happiness looked better artistically than writing out "The Pursuit of Happiness"

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone
toby8915 wrote:

Winnah!

texaskaren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages texaskaren
Re: American Flag

I'm pretty sure this is the after image trick flag. You stare at it for 10-15 seconds, then look away - preferably to a white wall/surface - and blink rapidly, and the image you see is the US flag with the correct colors.

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone
Re: American Ideals

Incredible execution and wonderful symbology. By rights, this should be in the fog. Well done indeed!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
justkissmybass wrote:I wonder if people are missing the full details of the design while just glancing at the thumbnail... This is an amazing piece of work. You, sir, most certainly deserve a grill!

Thumbnails are hard! I almost went with a bunch of portraits but I was afraid people wouldn't be able to make it out clearly, so small.

Thanks for the compliment. :^)

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
Re: American Ideals

Yes - this should be in the fog, or at least earn an HM. Well done +1

edgrrrzzmom

taraxgoesxboom wrote:That has got to be a cloud of cocaine. That bird is higgggggggh.

Nice shirt though.

What a sad, mean-spirited little person.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: State Birds

Love the colors and texture - great job!