jadedgamer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jadedgamer
Re: Legend of Leia

Would be better if Obi-Wan was there saying "It's dangerous to go alone - take this lightsaber"

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Intensive Care Unit

Thank you Woot. Also Alberto don't take this as an attack against you, you have had some really great entries in the derbies like your other one "Music Lessons" in this same derby.

However Woot has rules set in place (and I'm not even talking about the secret rules most only know because they've been here long enough)and we all as artists have to abide by them. Trust me it works out better in the long run, otherwise you'd have the derby flooded with art printed elsewhere that kinda fits the derby theme. Keep submitting just submit original art or art you've done that's never been available commercially

albertoarni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages albertoarni
tjost wrote:That's not how it works, from Woots Terms and Conditions -

"... that the Artwork is original and has not been previously used commercially..."

Even if you hadn't sold a single shirt from that site it would be ineligible because it was previously available in a commercial manner at another location. It's not the same as a design that's submitted for consideration at another site and not used, I can buy this right now somewhere else so it is not eligible for Woot.

Maybe you didn't read my comment.

The store is NEW it has only 3 days online, I SENT the designs LAST MONTH, NEVER SOLD ANY SHIRT, I REPEAT TO YOU, IT HAS ONLY 3 DAYS ONLINE and it's ALREADY TAKEN down. My ARTWORK IS ORIGINAL and NEVER HAD BEEN PRINTED BEFORE...

tjost

albertoarni wrote:Maybe you didn't read my comment.

The store is NEW it has only 3 days online, I SENT the designs LAST MONTH, NEVER SOLD ANY SHIRT, I REPEAT TO YOU, IT HAS ONLY 3 DAYS ONLINE and it's ALREADY TAKEN down. My ARTWORK IS ORIGINAL and NEVER HAD BEEN PRINTED BEFORE...

Yelling is just gonna make you look ignorant, read terms and conditions before looking foolish. It doesn't matter if you haven't sold any, it WAS available for sale and Woot agrees with me. Rage somewhere else.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
Re: Ocarina Time!

@Spiritgreen: Thanks man. I like the way this came out.

@DianaSprinkle: It's not cute. IT'S AWESOME.

@Sombrillo: Thank you!

@tJost:

Just kidding. I didn't really look to see what else was out there until I was done with the design (rookie mistake). I don't think it's enough to be rejected, though. They can call it "Adventurer of Time" if it prints.

albertoarni

tjost wrote:Yelling is just gonna make you look ignorant, read terms and conditions before looking foolish. It doesn't matter if you haven't sold any, it WAS available for sale and Woot agrees with me. Rage somewhere else.

I was not yelling police officer, I've read the terms and conditions... but, there's nothing to do now, it's down.

Just for the record, NEVER HAD BEEN PRINTED OR SOLD BEFORE...

numchux9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages numchux9000
tjost wrote:Yelling is just gonna make you look ignorant, read terms and conditions before looking foolish. It doesn't matter if you haven't sold any, it WAS available for sale and Woot agrees with me. Rage somewhere else.

This took 1st and Orabbit acknowledged it was on Red Bubble but took it down. http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/69682/10-things

I am pretty sure there are others.

I think the difference is this design was still for sale when the current derby started.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian

tjost

Radscoolian wrote:@Spiritgreen: Thanks man. I like the way this came out.

@tJost:

Just kidding. I didn't really look to see what else was out there until I was done with the design (rookie mistake). I don't think it's enough to be rejected, though. They can call it "Adventurer of Time" if it prints.

It happens Adventure Time lends itself to a parody like this, and with the sheer number of AT spoofs it's bound to happen, if it's consolation I like the way you drew yours better.

tjost

albertoarni wrote:I was not yelling police officer, I've read the terms and conditions... but, there's nothing to do now, it's down.

Just for the record, NEVER HAD BEEN PRINTED OR SOLD BEFORE...

Let's be honest if you had read and understood it you would have tried to have it down before you even submitted here and you didn't remove it until someone called you out which means that you would have continued to have it listed.

You should be thanking me because if it had printed here and Woot found out you had it for sale elsewhere they would have been in their legal rights to sue you for any amount you made off of it plus more (That's in those pesky terms and conditions too).

Almost every printed artist here, especially the successful ones have had things rejected, sometimes that would have printed otherwise, me included. You're sounding kind of childish, just learn from the mistake and move on. You're obviously a very talented artist, take this as constructive criticism. And as far as being a police man, it's the duty of any successful community to help police itself, and it's one of the reasons Woot has such a large, involved community.

PS WHEN YOU POST YOUR COMMENT IN ALMOST ALL CAPS ON ANY FORUM ON THE WEB IT'S ASSUMED YOU ARE YELLING ;)

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

88fingerz wrote:Wow. This is seriously fantastic. Great work.

Thank you so much and thanks as well, threeattic!

albertoarni

tjost wrote:Let's be honest if you had read and understood it you would have tried to have it down before you even submitted here and you didn't remove it until someone called you out which means that you would have continued to have it listed.

You should be thanking me because if it had printed here and Woot found out you had it for sale elsewhere they would have been in their legal rights to sue you for any amount you made off of it plus more (That's in those pesky terms and conditions too).

Almost every printed artist here, especially the successful ones have had things rejected, sometimes that would have printed otherwise, me included. You're sounding kind of childish, just learn from the mistake and move on. You're obviously a very talented artist, take this as constructive criticism. And as far as being a police man, it's the duty of any successful community to help police itself, and it's one of the reasons Woot has such a large, involved community.

PS WHEN YOU POST YOUR COMMENT IN ALMOST ALL CAPS ON ANY FORUM ON THE WEB IT'S ASSUMED YOU ARE YELLING ;)

Dude, really, read.

The store went online on Sunday. I didn't know it was going to be online this specific weekend. I submitted to the Derby (friday) cause I know it hasn't been printed anywhere. I was in time to take this one down, It only had a couple of days online.

Let's see this case

"This took 1st and Orabbit acknowledged it was on Red Bubble but took it down. http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/69682/10-things "

Where were you community police officer when this designs was submitted, and I'm pretty sure he sold something before winning the derby. That's against the rules.

Maybe you have to understand that, sometimes, rules are for squares...

marceepauff

quality posts: 18 Private Messages marceepauff
tjost wrote:It happens Adventure Time lends itself to a parody like this, and with the sheer number of AT spoofs it's bound to happen, if it's consolation I like the way you drew yours better.

Put THAT on a t-shirt.
(the drawing, that is.)

sonofafish

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish
Re: 8-bitster

Cripes! I've been thinking you've been getting the shaft all week, and here I am not voting for you! Fixed!

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
tjost wrote:The fact that you have at least nine stolen designs in this derby and can't even get your shirt colors and comp images correct is even more deformed.

GASP! Oh no you didn't just use the word "stolen" up in here. LOL this place kills me!

tomspc

What's the difference between a thief and someone who's just lazy?

It's not a joke, it's a question I am trying to find the answer to. Maybe the knowers-of-all-things will answer.

spikeani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
Re: Crash loaded

This will probably get rejected. But had to show love the Bandicoot.

simoncowell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simoncowell
tomspc wrote:GASP! Oh no you didn't just use the word "stolen" up in here. LOL this place kills me!

Seriously... 89 votes, tuesday night, outside of the FOG ? This place is killing themselves !

tomspc

simoncowell wrote:Seriously... 89 votes, tuesday night, outside of the FOG ? This place is killing themselves !

I know, they run off new artists by the droves so that the same old people can win with the same old tiring designs. But remember I'm a conspiracy theorist...ROFL

simoncowell

tomspc wrote:I know, they run off new artists by the droves so that the same old people can win with the same old tiring designs. But remember I'm a conspiracy theorist...ROFL

I won't even bore everyone with the " majority" of lack of daily sales,including the derby entries. I am pretty sure I just saw a going out of business sale on their T-shirts. I give it 6 months.

Caddywompus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Caddywompus
Re: Do it for Science

It was only a matter of time til this reached the fog. Best of luck.

simoncowell

lichme wrote:Your link was broken, you had an extra / at the end - Fixed Link

To answer your question, here are the top 10 (User, Derby Number, # of Subs):

LoreHera, 43, 41
SmijinGT, 43, 33
eHalcyon, 43, 22
JustJiggles, 43, 20
RobGlenn, 43, 19
stereo3d, 43, 19
SkekTek, 43, 19
jamescho84, 23, 16
TurboGraphx16, 43, 15
kenney9226, 43, 13

Same info, excluding rejects

LoreHera, 43, 30
SmijinGT, 43, 28
JustJiggles, 43, 17
stereo3d, 43, 17
RobGlenn, 43, 17
jamescho84, 23, 16
eHalcyon, 43, 16
SkekTek, 43, 13
pastorroy, 140, 12
pastorroy, 139, 11

How about the info of ripping off other folks designs ? You know, changing a miniscual aspect. Do you have that ?

tjost

albertoarni wrote:Dude, really, read.

The store went online on Sunday. I didn't know it was going to be online this specific weekend. I submitted to the Derby (friday) cause I know it hasn't been printed anywhere. I was in time to take this one down, It only had a couple of days online.

Let's see this case

"This took 1st and Orabbit acknowledged it was on Red Bubble but took it down. http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/69682/10-things "

Where were you community police officer when this designs was submitted, and I'm pretty sure he sold something before winning the derby. That's against the rules.

Maybe you have to understand that, sometimes, rules are for squares...

Rules are for squares? Really, that's what you went with.

Read what YOU just typed -
"The store went online on Sunday"

That's it. No more room to wiggle it was offered for sale, not just the chance to be sold somewhere, before Woot could sell it. End of discussion. You lose.

As for the other piece, yeah that should have been pulled too but Woot isn't always consistent, welcome to Woot, we've all had to deal with that before, you're not special. There are many entries that I and others "tattle" on with the button provided that doesn't leave a comment on the main thread. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it hasn't been done. Honestly I and many others don't go on or submit to the derbies much anymore because of stuff like that. It's frustrating for those of us who do follow the rules. We're just a bunch of sucker squares I guess. That's why Woot vote totals have gone from 1000+ votes to win to sometimes under 200 recently, people are frustrated with stuff like this (and the shirt blank change). A lot of the stuff printing wouldn't have seen the light of day a year or two ago.

Your absolute refusal to acknowledge that you are in the wrong though is maddening. Trying to shift focus to what others have done does not excuse the fact that you are wrong.

Also how do you know that Orabbit sold some designs before he took it down. How do we know you didn't as well? The answer is we don't really know either way, that's why it's frustrating when Woot doesn't always stay consistent with the enforcement of their policies. If you continue to submit here be ready to deal with that. The way you help make sure you limit grief for yourself though is TO FOLLOW THE RULES AS STATED (and yes I yelled that part). I honestly hope you continue to submit because you show great potential as an artist and are a talented person. You need to be more graceful when you're in the wrong though.

tjost

Radscoolian wrote:@Spiritgreen: Thanks man. I like the way this came out.

@tJost:

Oh! Mr. Goodbar! I'm slow on the uptake, I just realized this drawing is me getting stabbed Awesome!! That's hilarious, maybe I'll color it up and use it for my backgound Thanks rads ;)

manhandsha

quality posts: 41 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Hey guys- let's try and stay on the topic of Video Game shirts. I brought a broom and dustpan to clean things up if I need to; but I think you guys can come up with a way to conduct yourselves in a cordial manner.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

albertoarni

tjost wrote:Rules are for squares? Really, that's what you went with.

Read what YOU just typed -
"The store went online on Sunday"

That's it. No more room to wiggle it was offered for sale, not just the chance to be sold somewhere, before Woot could sell it. End of discussion. You lose.

As for the other piece, yeah that should have been pulled too but Woot isn't always consistent, welcome to Woot, we've all had to deal with that before, you're not special. There are many entries that I and others "tattle" on with the button provided that doesn't leave a comment on the main thread. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it hasn't been done. Honestly I and many others don't go on or submit to the derbies much anymore because of stuff like that. It's frustrating for those of us who do follow the rules. We're just a bunch of sucker squares I guess. That's why Woot vote totals have gone from 1000+ votes to win to sometimes under 200 recently, people are frustrated with stuff like this (and the shirt blank change). A lot of the stuff printing wouldn't have seen the light of day a year or two ago.

Your absolute refusal to acknowledge that you are in the wrong though is maddening. Trying to shift focus to what others have done does not excuse the fact that you are wrong.

Also how do you know that Orabbit sold some designs before he took it down. How do we know you didn't as well? The answer is we don't really know either way, that's why it's frustrating when Woot doesn't always stay consistent with the enforcement of their policies. If you continue to submit here be ready to deal with that. The way you help make sure you limit grief for yourself though is TO FOLLOW THE RULES AS STATED (and yes I yelled that part). I honestly hope you continue to submit because you show great potential as an artist and are a talented person. You need to be more graceful when you're in the wrong though.

Thanks for the lesson YODA! Make a shirt about that with a big square on it!

Maybe and just maybe, you can start looking at your own work and not what other people are doing (of what you consider) wrong. Because Woot is not, as you said "consistent" with your lovely rules, and some of us are not doing anything wrong.

I'll keep submitting do not worry and thanks for the talented person part. You seem to be a nice guy.

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer
Re: Día Del Tentáculo

I don't know the game, but I'm really liking the artwork. It's too bad this was submitted so late--but I'm definitely adding my vote.

sombrillo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sombrillo
Re: Día Del Tentáculo

I really like this!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 93 Private Messages oakenspirit
harzack wrote:Great man. Nice title and good style of drawing. In Spain they call it "El dia del tentaculo"XD

AWESOME! I was nervous I would be WAY OFF- I've had a bad history with other languages... ;)

EwingKlipspringer wrote:I don't know the game, but I'm really liking the artwork. It's too bad this was submitted so late--but I'm definitely adding my vote.

sombrillo wrote:I really like this!

Thanks a boat guys- Glad you dig it. I wish I had got it in on time but I was on the road from Delaware to South Carolina with a pregnant woman and a two year old- Day late dollar short-

trapperjon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trapperjon
Re: My Evil Neighbor

This is awesome, I love it!

rootofcheese

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rootofcheese
Re: Pikaboo

Pikaboo! I see you!

This is my very first derby entry, and I would appreciate any feedback.

darkchoocoolat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkchoocoolat
simoncowell wrote:I won't even bore everyone with the " majority" of lack of daily sales,including the derby entries. I am pretty sure I just saw a going out of business sale on their T-shirts. I give it 6 months.

Hello Friends,
This isn't stolen Design, I'm the Designer of them.
As I completly own the rights of it, I thought I could propose it here even if it on sale on other websites.
I didn't read the rules correctly ! ;)
Please accept my apologies.

Best Regards
DarkChoocoolat

darkchoocoolat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkchoocoolat
Mavyn wrote:And printed elsewhere.

http://www.qwertee.com/product/fireflies/

Rules. Read 'em.

Hello Friends,
I thought I could propose it here even if just submitted and not printed on other websites.

Best Regards
DarkChoocoolat

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
darkchoocoolat wrote:Hello Friends,
I thought I could propose it here even if just submitted and not printed on other websites.

Best Regards
DarkChoocoolat

No worries. If a design has just been submitted to compete elsewhere, then it's ok...but if it's been listed for sale, then it can't be submitted to the derby.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

LittleTimmyTumbledown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LittleTimmyTumbledown
Re: Intensive Care Unit

I have to be honest here. I think this is an awesome design, and i would gladly have bought it, but based upon the artist's attitude, I will probably not vote for his designs or buy his shirts in the future. Reading his tantrums has left a bad taste in my mouth.

sonofafish

rootofcheese wrote:Pikaboo! I see you!

This is my very first derby entry, and I would appreciate any feedback.

Very cute idea. What software did you use to make it?

sonofafish

LittleTimmyTumbledown wrote:I have to be honest here. I think this is an awesome design, and i would gladly have bought it, but based upon the artist's attitude, I will probably not vote for his designs or buy his shirts in the future. Reading his tantrums has left a bad taste in my mouth.

that's your prerogative, but I think this site works best when we vote for designs, not artists. Honestly, I wish subs could be anonymous.

sonofafish

Re: My Evil Neighbor

This is excellent work, deserves way more votes than it has.

tomspc

sonofafish wrote:that's your prerogative, but I think this site works best when we vote for designs, not artists. Honestly, I wish subs could be anonymous.

LOL. Vote for the design instead of the artist? It'll never happen which is why Woot will continue to experience declining t-shirt sales. If Woot doesn't make some drastic changes soon to this format, the Derby will die.

I don't know their business model but my guess is that shirt sales under 1000 units is not good for business. They can try and find an even cheaper quality t-shirt. I'm sure there are other sweatshops besides the ones that Anvil uses in Honduras and Nicaragua.

amirea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amirea
Re: Stranger's Arrival

logged in just to vote and comment on this one.. Love it!! Myst was one of my favorite games.