ThunderThighs

quality posts: 619 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Iceback wrote:Yea storms missed us and I have a day off!
Good morning all.

Was thinking about ya last night. Saw they were breaking up pretty fast as they got close to you though. They didn't get anywhere near me.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! We went to beach and jogged a little! It was wonderful! It felt so good! Now it am sitting on the porch with Pearl the cat and sweating. Lol hope everybody has a great day.

joyner

I see I missed birthdays and anniversaries. Happy anniversary Poof and Happy Birthday D'name! And happy anything else I missed.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:I see I missed birthdays and anniversaries. Happy anniversary Poof and Happy Birthday D'name! And happy anything else I missed.

Thank you!

The weather is nice today. Mom day.
I've been informed that the inlaws are feeling good enough to resume going to all their other doctors.

I'm back on call for driving duty.

I also am on call for photo duty. The doctor in the city would like to see the wound. I've been elected to take pictures when the bandage is being changed. No call for that yet. Rumor is, it is nasty.

OK, off to mom day. See you all tonight!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Thank you!

The weather is nice today. Mom day.
I've been informed that the inlaws are feeling good enough to resume going to all their other doctors.

I'm back on call for driving duty.

I also am on call for photo duty. The doctor in the city would like to see the wound. I've been elected to take pictures when the bandage is being changed. No call for that yet. Rumor is, it is nasty.

OK, off to mom day. See you all tonight!

Sounds like a fun day for you. Raining off and on all day here and the temperature's dropping. Wet snow after midnight. All the flowering trees are doing their thing, but it's supposed to go down to 24 Wed. morning, so that'll be the end of that. Bummer.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
pooflady wrote:Sounds like a fun day for you. Raining off and on all day here and the temperature's dropping. Wet snow after midnight. All the flowering trees are doing their thing, but it's supposed to go down to 24 Wed. morning, so that'll be the end of that. Bummer.

We got well into the 80s this weekend. I haven't really been outside today, though, so I don't know what's going on.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

This was a pretty sweet video: Two Septuagenarians Take Their First Plane Ride

Skye — 1997-2007

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
jqubed wrote:This was a pretty sweet video: Two Septuagenarians Take Their First Plane Ride

this better not link to a "lemon party" video ... fortunately all streaming media is blocked here in prison.

pooflady

jqubed wrote:This was a pretty sweet video: Two Septuagenarians Take Their First Plane Ride

That was really neat. Thanks for the link.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

pooflady wrote:That was really neat. Thanks for the link.

Whoa, just got a call. Card club tonight. I thought it was next Monday.

hot72chev

quality posts: 13 Private Messages hot72chev
joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! We went to beach and jogged a little! It was wonderful! It felt so good! Now it am sitting on the porch with Pearl the cat and sweating. Lol hope everybody has a great day.

Jogging on the beach does sound so good! Perfect time of year for beach combing. Wish I was there.

No badges cluttering up this signature...no-sir-ee-bob.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Daughter was in a car accident. Totaled the car. Someone ran a light and hit her.
Went to the hospital, but will be released tonight.

Guess it is a good thing we got her a car, or her boyfriend would be carless.

Now we get to get her another one. She was on work time. I wonder if that will make a difference.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

How is the woman from the olympics in dancing with the stars? Isn't that what she does??? She dances on ice. How different is it???

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Daughter was in a car accident. Totaled the car. Someone ran a light and hit her.

Now we get to get her another one. She was on work time. I wonder if that will make a difference.

Glad she's going to be okay.

pooflady

It's all white here. But D'name said it will melt fast, so that's okay.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Daughter was in a car accident. Totaled the car. Someone ran a light and hit her.

Egads. Those are the phone calls you dread. I'm glad she's ok.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jqubed

Oh no! I'm glad she's ok!

Skye — 1997-2007

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Egads. Those are the phone calls you dread. I'm glad she's ok.

I'm not answering the phone anymore.

Damn good thing we didn't give her my moms car. My stepdad never even looked at crash test ratings when he got a car.
The civic was highest safety rating in it's class when we got it.
She got t boned and then spun into a pole and a store.

Of course, a big car with the top rating is safer.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jqubed

dontwantaname wrote:How is the woman from the olympics in dancing with the stars? Isn't that what she does??? She dances on ice. How different is it???

They've done that before. I had a co-worker who freelanced for Dancing with the Stars on the training segments for Kristi Yamaguchi, who was living in North Carolina at the time because her husband Bret Hedican was playing for the Carolina Hurricanes. She won in 2008. Looking on the Wikipedia page, gymnast Shawn Johnson won as well in 2009, and I'd say she had equally as unfair of an advantage.

It looks like not only is Meryl Davis, the girl you're talking about, competing, but her ice dancing partner, Charlie White, is also in this season of Dancing with the Stars. I'd suggest everyone else should just give up now. It looks like there was also an NHL player this season, but he was the second person eliminated.

Skye — 1997-2007

ThunderThighs

Staff

Anyone here watch Once Upon a Time on ABC?

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Anyone here watch Once Upon a Time on ABC?

Nope.

Right now I'm trying to figure out Game of Thrones

Without success

Basically just waiting for the dragons to be born.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jqubed

Dagnabit the Canon 50mm lens on Moofi already sold out again. Less than 3 hours this time.

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

I'd be interested in the 70-200mm lens they're selling, but even at Woot prices it's still out of my price range.

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

Yoo-hoo.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Yoo-hoo.

Hello

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Hello

I PM'd you as to where to find Wooter's professions.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

I'm glad she's ok

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

Husband cleaned the tops of all the ceiling fans today. I don't think I did it last fall, so the dust was pretty thick. Good thing I hadn't turned any on yet.

jqubed

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

Just a quick top to say hi. I'm in Arizona for about a month. Will read back and visit more when I find a wifi spot. Broke my bioptic and trying to use/red the phone is challenging.

joyner

Whew! The woot app on my phone is so different after I updated that I had a hard time finding y'all. It is 41. I have electric blanket and ceiling fans! Pearl the cat was under the blanket when I woke up.

D'name, I am glad daughter is ok.
Jaws, it was great to hear from you. I hope you are getting lots of rest.

dougall

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
jqubed wrote:I'd be interested in the 70-200mm lens they're selling, but even at Woot prices it's still out of my price range.

Yeah,

surely they must be able to get something in-between the 2 price points.

But maybe they found a secrtet stash of Canon equipment and there will be a Woot!+ deal coming along soon. that would definitely have the potential to have me reaching in my pocket.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lawn service finally came. Not sure they got everything cleaned up, because some of the lawn still had SNOW on it.

Side door steps were icy.

But, like I told Poof, it is almost all gone, by itself.

It is sunny.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dougall wrote:Yeah,

But maybe they found a secrtet stash of Canon equipment and there will be a Woot!+ deal coming along soon. that would definitely have the potential to have me reaching in my pocket.

I got a nikon from Costco last year. It has one lens that goes to 42X zoom. It wasn't crazy expensive.

I find that no matter what lens is on, you need the other one.

They hace ones that zoom even more now, but those were expensive.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jawsuser wrote:Just a quick top to say hi. I'm in Arizona for about a month. Will read back and visit more when I find a wifi spot. Broke my bioptic and trying to use/red the phone is challenging.

Hope you are having a good time.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

WARNING: This post is extra dull. You can skip it and miss nothing of value.

It is nice today because I watched a bunch of Game of Thrones yesterday. I was going to do the same thing today.

If I want bad weather, it is good.

I can see them on HBO Go, but it doesn't have the explanation at the end. Not that the explanation helps.

I am only following a few story lines. The rest .... who knows what is going on.

On 4/20, they drop off of on demand and hbo go will be the only way to see them.

I'll have to watch on the computer, because I don't know how to hook the computer to the tv.

Son is mad because I did watch the end of the current one and know who got killed.

He didn't know. I mentioned it. He is mad at me now.

It figures that is one of the story lines I understand and now that person is dead.

I have 18 more to watch before I'm up to the current season.

This show is a lot of work. It better be worth it!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dougall

dontwantaname wrote:
I find that no matter what lens is on, you need the other one.

I generally use a 17-270mm lens and it meets most of my needs. I'll only use something else if I have a clue that I want to do something specific, say wider-angle or macro.

Normally I find that if I need a camera, all I have is a cellphone.

jqubed

dougall wrote:Yeah,

What I really want is the 16-35 L lens. I've rented it a couple times and love it, but I can rent it an awful lot of times before paying $1700 to buy it.

Skye — 1997-2007

dougall

jqubed wrote:What I really want is the 16-35 L lens. I've rented it a couple times and love it, but I can rent it an awful lot of times before paying $1700 to buy it.

perhaps the staff are listening....

in which case, I'd quite like the 180mm macro, thankyouverymuch.

jqubed

dougall wrote:I generally use a 17-270mm lens and it meets most of my needs. I'll only use something else if I have a clue that I want to do something specific, say wider-angle or macro.

Normally I find that if I need a camera, all I have is a cellphone.

With that much range in a single lens, you'd hardly ever need to change it! I have a 28-80 that was a kit with my Rebel 2000, and I have a 70-300 that my parents got me when I graduated from high school. It covers most of what I need, but that fast super wide angle was pretty fantastic.

Skye — 1997-2007