jeblis

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jeblis

Also the percentage sold per day stat from wine.woot is pretty useless here on shirt.woot. Like an appendix, it may hurt you someday.

funkymonkyake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages funkymonkyake
Weather88 wrote:Just e-mail service@woot.com and i'm sure they'll help you out.

yeah i did...if not whatever not that big a deal really

baffles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baffles
kipcarleton wrote:ya ok...but youd want the 5$ back if you were entitled to it
dont say you wouldnt....or gimme 5$ if you dont want it

its important for people to know their rights as consumers...im not accusing woot of ripping anyone off on purpose...but when is the last time a clerk checked the price of a charge on a credit card....muchless checked the name on your card to see if it matched your id....exactly, not very often

not knowing your rights gets you ripped off, knowing them can save you 5$ and a headache

learn well the consumerist.com

What? No need to jump right on the offense here, woot's not going to screw you over blatantly like that.

And to answer your question, up here on my vacation in Alaska, of all the times I've used my Visa card, there has only been one occasion I haven't been IDed. Of course I never get IDed back home, but still...

digitalmindy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages digitalmindy

I was a little irritated at two comments about a girl whose only curve is where her hip-bone is sticking out. I'm tired of commerce denying that most average women don't actually look like that little thing.

It's bothersome and its making our daughters kill themselves to meet that standard of commercial beauty.

mk1010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mk1010
digitalmindy wrote:I was a little irritated at two comments about a girl whose only curve is where her hip-bone is sticking out. I'm tired of commerce denying that most average women don't actually look like that little thing.

It's bothersome and its making our daughters kill themselves to meet that standard of commercial beauty.

But you're making it sound like the only women that can wear American Apparel shirts are those that have really skinny Kate Moss junkie type figures. I don't think that is the case at all.

moose1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moose1

Not into this shirt at all.. kinda stupid looking and not very clever

FireAziraphale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FireAziraphale
digitalmindy wrote:its making our daughters kill themselves to meet that standard of commercial beauty.

That's a modern-era example of Evolution by Natural Selection. They kill themselves and are therefore out of the gene pool, increasing the proportion of humans with a stronger sense of self-esteem.

normalbrains

quality posts: 0 Private Messages normalbrains
FireAziraphale wrote:That's a modern-era example of Evolution by Natural Selection. They kill themselves and are therefore out of the gene pool, increasing the proportion of humans with a stronger sense of self-esteem.

but theyre hotter, so they reproduce more before they die. it can go either way.

1 2 3 4 5 6

FireAziraphale

normalbrains wrote:but theyre hotter, so they reproduce more before they die. it can go either way.

The "prom-mom" phenotype are in the minority of those. The hypothesis stands.

digitalmindy

mk1010 wrote:But you're making it sound like the only women that can wear American Apparel shirts are those that have really skinny Kate Moss junkie type figures. I don't think that is the case at all.

Have you seen their website? Most of the models are of a similar shape to Kate Moss. And the American Apparel company admits that their clothes run much smaller. So a female who normally wears a size large in a t-shirt would have to buy a 2X from their site.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
commodog wrote:thats one ugly shirt

the Color is nice,But I have to agree .. thats One ugly-stick shirt. how old are the guys that make these? The last tee shirt (from an Online source)I bought was 80 dollars(journey tee .it was sweet!!!) come on WOOT more that black and white screen colors.

update: thats not even( OLD school) Mad comic book Good.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

digitalmindy

I've got to go to work now, but you all are not helping with this natural selection and "hotter" talk. When your sister/daughter/mother tries to kill herself because she isn't skinny enough, maybe then you will grasp what it is that I am conveying. Until then all my time here is wasted.

normalbrains

digitalmindy wrote:Have you seen their website? Most of the models are of a similar shape to Kate Moss. And the American Apparel company admits that their clothes run much smaller. So a female who normally wears a size large in a t-shirt would have to buy a 2X from their site.

and they are the hottest clothing company on the planet right now. sounds like a great business plan to me.

1 2 3 4 5 6

FireAziraphale

digitalmindy wrote:I've got to go to work now, but you all are not helping with this natural selection and "hotter" talk. When your sister/daughter/mother tries to kill herself because she isn't skinny enough, maybe then you will grasp what it is that I am conveying. Until then all my time here is wasted.

ALL time on the internet is wasted. That's why it's so popular.

normalbrains

digitalmindy wrote:I've got to go to work now, but you all are not helping with this natural selection and "hotter" talk. When your sister/daughter/mother tries to kill herself because she isn't skinny enough, maybe then you will grasp what it is that I am conveying. Until then all my time here is wasted.

i know what youre saying, but id rather my family was trying to be too skinny than too fat.

1 2 3 4 5 6

jeblis

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jeblis
digitalmindy wrote:Have you seen their website? Most of the models are of a similar shape to Kate Moss. And the American Apparel company admits that their clothes run much smaller. So a female who normally wears a size large in a t-shirt would have to buy a 2X from their site.

So buy the 2x or go to a store that adjusts it sizes downwards to make you feel better.

Please stop calling these models not real; they may not be average, but they definitely are real. I know plenty of girls real that are thin. They definitely do not starve themselves.

vpoet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vpoet
normalbrains wrote:but theyre hotter, so they reproduce more before they die. it can go either way.

eh, i tend to see the ones who are fugly producing more offspring, simply because they're excited they can get someone else to, "tap-that."

p.s.

how did we get so far off-subject?

Millions of eyes and billions of dollars in technology were trained on them, yet nobody was watching when they died.
--CECIL ADAMS

davide63

quality posts: 4 Private Messages davide63

Over 2 hours and their not sold out - cool

CriminalOrigins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CriminalOrigins

I'm looking forward to future shirts...because this one is incredibly ugly...

mk1010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mk1010

normalbrains wrote:i know what youre saying, but id rather my family was trying to be too skinny than too fat.

I'd rather have a society which places a premium on being skinny (where people are driven to eat healthy, stay active and exercise) rather than a society which is completely ambivalent (where people just sit around eating lots of greasy crap and never get up off the couch).

rfitzger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rfitzger

incredible shirt, i hope the material is good. I hate those really thick standard Tees. Id rather have something that feels....thin and fashionable. Anyways I bought one. It should go well with my pale distressed wash diesels and my john lobbs. (who am I kidding.)

rfitzger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rfitzger

besides if nothing else, its an awesome shirt for an electrical engineer such as myself to wear to work

deepspace12dotcom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deepspace12dotcom
vpoet wrote:eh, i tend to see the ones who are fugly producing more offspring, simply because they're excited they can get someone else to, "tap-that."......

You should have said: "simply because they're excited they can get ANYONE to, "tap-that.""

timhnelson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timhnelson

Now if that was a picture of a disassembled Roomba, I'd be all in for 3!

jtoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtoc

If your 5 years old and have a credit card you should be in heaven!

It looks like a Transformer.

I don't care what you think.

mrcheerfull

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrcheerfull

I have to agree with the folks believing this to be an ugly "T".
Although, I did purchase 1. I believe I did this because I still have that "WootOff" mentality of buy 1st and see what I got later....silly me.
I would have prferred a "T" resembling a "Leak Frog" or a "Roomba". Then the people that pointed and jeered would most likely be fellow wooters....

SilverStar830

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SilverStar830

Hrmm... are all the shirts going to be designed for little kids?

I'd really like to buy some cool shirts, when you actually make some, shirt.w00t

iamjs

quality posts: 5 Private Messages iamjs

meh

somebody might like that shirt. I'm not one of them.

Random crap: x7 (Most recent: 7.24.14)

LaVikinga

quality posts: 13 Private Messages LaVikinga
digitalmindy wrote:That would be because you have little to no taste and don't know what a real woman even looks like. Maybe if you left your mother's basement you might actually be able to see one.

Mindy, the sizes aren't that far off the scale. They seem to be more Euro than American. I suggest just going up a size. I'm 5'11', 41-26-38, and normally wear an 8. Their medium is very form fitting which, since I am curvy (that's cute the way you put it) and a chick I can get away with it. However the large fits me perfectly . You could always consider switching over to the guy sizes to give you more arm room. Just a suggestion.

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

spinetingler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spinetingler

We want 3XLT there are a lotta tall fat bastards out there too, woot we would like shirts also. I'm 6 5 300lbs. and 2xl's ain't gonna cut it.

http://www.myspace.com/dropkick4ever
12/25/2008 Random koi 1 12/11/2008 HP 90W Notebook AC Adapter 1 10/23/2008 Screaming Monkey with Woot Cape 2 5/9/2008 Random koi 3 3/28/2008 Screaming Monkey with Pink or Blue Woot Cape 2 12/25/2007 Random koi 3 4/27/2007 HDMI Cable – 6-Foot 1 12/12/2006 Salton Chocolate Treat Maker – 2 Pack 1 11/17/2006 Random koi 3 11/17/2006 LeakFrog 3 blog 11/4/2006 Logitech Wireless Play Link 1

wrenfro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrenfro

Is this really the kind of things that you nerds wear?

[MOD: No advertising pls]

vpoet

wrenfro wrote:Is this really the kind of things that you nerds wear?

this from someone who runs their own woot-tracker?

bah.

p.s.

i like how it shows each .woot, though. classy.

Millions of eyes and billions of dollars in technology were trained on them, yet nobody was watching when they died.
--CECIL ADAMS

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

Looks like the pricing issue is fixed:

You want 1 Light Blue Woot Tee(s).
1 will be L.
which each cost $10.00
for a subtotal of $10.00
plus shipping $0.00
for a total of $10.00

slaner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slaner

color me confused, i know i read that it was going to be one shirt a week, not one a day. Which more is fine, but just saying that I started to not even look at the shirt.woot page 'cause i didnt expect anything new today. And, same prolly goes for other people as well.

bdecker202

quality posts: 19 Private Messages bdecker202
slaner wrote:color me confused, i know i read that it was going to be one shirt a week, not one a day. Which more is fine, but just saying that I started to not even look at the shirt.woot page 'cause i didnt expect anything new today. And, same prolly goes for other people as well.

The schedule will be the same as regular woot, but the Friday shirt will carry-over until Sunday night.

bdecker202

Omegagames wrote:Wha wha what? My world has been flipped around! How is this possible?! Please someone explain!!

They've been opening the past shirts up for sale the day after they are sold out.

You can also get the woot launch shirt here:
http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=3618

vpoet

Stick it to those eBayers.

--CECIL ADAMS

bdecker202

vpoet wrote:Stick it to those eBayers.

Yes, although it's too bad most people don't even bother going to these threads and they blindly scour ebay for the shirts they missed

vpoet

bdecker202 wrote:Yes, although it's too bad most people don't even bother going to these threads and they blindly scour ebay for the shirts they missed

They who hastily seek what is hard to find may n'er but find it, missing.

..don't ask.

--CECIL ADAMS

bdecker202

vpoet wrote:They who hastily seek what is hard to find may n'er but find it, missing.

..don't ask.

OK i won't...especially since "poet" is part of your handle...lol

P.S. I am but a mere Engineer, I do not fully understand the English language