brianodie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianodie
Gatzby wrote:Don't encourage them.

As if encouragement was needed.

brianodie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianodie
kippyj wrote:Does anyone know if purchasing shirts here will help change the color of the box next to my user name on regular w00t?

i'm getting a mental picture of kippy modeling a vast array of woot "nighties".

i think the launch shirt definitely best expresses my mental picture.

mp88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mp88

im in for 1 sore thumb shirt. awesome logo

* Microgem 4gb Quick Drive *Compaq Pentium D
* Sore Thumbs T Shirt
* Black 30gb Zune
* Zune Tunepower
* Can i has a little dreidel T shirt?

TahoeBigDawg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TahoeBigDawg

Shirt Sizes need to be bigger. 3x & 4x would be nice, especially since you are using the type of shirts that are more form fitting.

Go Big or Go Home!!!

mk1010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mk1010

Here's some other stuff done by the designer of the robot shirt:

For more of his work, you can goto:
http://www.kallwejt.com/index.php

This guy is pretty talented and has some fairly interesting designs (which are much better than the robot).

hashpling

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hashpling
brentnlaura1 wrote:THE 3XL and larger shirts ARE IN THE GYM, GETTING EXERCISE AND EATING HEALTHY, SMALL PORTIONS OF FOOD AND GENERALLY NOT EATING THREE MUSKETEERS (pun) FOR BREAKFAST, AND ALL FOURTEEN SNACKS DURING THE DAY - THAT'S WHY THEY ARE NOT OFFERED HERE! NO MORE FRENCH FRIES FOR YOU WITH YOUR DIET COKE!!!

Brilliant! That's the exact reason WOOT! doesn't offer 3xl shirts. Im more worried about the fact the this guy has two names - brent and laura. Which one is it buddy?

CONSUMERISM!

chippyswans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chippyswans

I can't believe anyone actually bought that ugly thing.

nickmiller21

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nickmiller21

Just got my 3 Woot Launch shirts!! YAY! Living in DFW has it's perks.
Unfortunately two of the three are the wrong size!!!!
Can't wear a medium, that's for sure!!
Hope woot figures this stuff out before people get burned. Alas, I await a response from support, figure my XL's are already sold though. One was for a friend's B-day gift. sigh...

bdecker202

quality posts: 18 Private Messages bdecker202
nickmiller21 wrote:Just got my 3 Woot Launch shirts!! YAY! Living in DFW has it's perks.
Hope woot figures this stuff out before people get burned. Alas, I await a response from support, figure my XL's are already sold though. One was for a friend's B-day gift. sigh...

Since they're still taking orders for the launch shirts (see http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=3618) I'm sure woot won't have a problem hooking you up with your XL's.

spie0092

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spie0092

shirt.woot is selling tons of shirts

kendrid

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kendrid
spie0092 wrote:shirt.woot is selling tons of shirts

Woot knows that people will buy anything they sell so why not dump a bunch of crappy shirts that no one would have purchased otherwise?

There are many t-shirt websites that sell shirts much funnier/better than these and they probably sell 1/10th of what Woot is doing in one day.

I can't wait for car.woot.com where they sell lemons and people will be fighting to buy them. Good job Woot! You've suckered a lot of people.

pbutta67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbutta67

PRAISE THE LORD ITS SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My woots:
Random Crap 6 so far....
13 woots on woot.com
8 shirts on shirt.woot.com

bdecker202

Hmm sold out quantity of 550 this time as opposed to 500 like the others...

prfanity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prfanity
joelterrific wrote:As some of you noticed, there was a bug in our shipping code last night and some of you paid $5 for shipping because you had no other choice. We going to refund the $5 to anyone who placed an order during that time and ship your shirt SmartPost. IF YOU WANT TO PAY $5 FOR OVERNIGHT SHIPPING and didn't have the option when you ordered, please email service@woot.com to upgrade your order. You'll want to do this by 12pm so we can make sure the orders get out today.

Yeeha! Thanks!

QFT

quality posts: 3 Private Messages QFT

For everyone worried about all the shirts being geeky: fear not, I'm sure they'll have shirts featuring wolves and falcons in dramatic poses in the coming days.

bdecker202

QFT wrote:For everyone worried about all the shirts being geeky: fear not, I'm sure they'll have shirts featuring wolves and falcons in dramatic poses in the coming days.

We can only hope.

WalkingSnake

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WalkingSnake
kendrid wrote:There are many t-shirt websites that sell shirts much funnier/better than these and they probably sell 1/10th of what Woot is doing in one day.

Please tell me these websites you know of with good t-shirts for $10 and free shipping.

qwertyasd

quality posts: 13 Private Messages qwertyasd

3% of the people who ordered today are on their 3rd shirt. Amazing.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

Only 7400 more posts and I'll have as many as Josephus!

kenney9226

only 7399 more posts and I'll have as many as Josephus!

kenney9226

Only 7398 more posts and I'll have as many as Josephus!

kenney9226

Only 7397 more posts and I'll have as many as Josephus!

kenney9226

Only 7396 more posts and I'll have as many as Josephus!

kenney9226

oh, bother, this is too much hassle...

bpcomp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bpcomp

Am I the only wooter who gets the "blue up" color joke?

ShadowStitch

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ShadowStitch

Not a big fan of the baby blue, but I'm in for one purely out of solidarity for my robot brothers.

Besides, that's what RIT dye is for...

pbutta67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbutta67

will there ever be a shirtoff?

My woots:
Random Crap 6 so far....
13 woots on woot.com
8 shirts on shirt.woot.com

brentnlaura1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brentnlaura1
hashpling wrote:Brilliant! That's the exact reason WOOT! doesn't offer 3xl shirts. Im more worried about the fact the this guy has two names - brent and laura. Which one is it buddy?

lol. it's the beginning of our email addy... mine and my wife's. By the way, I fit into M/L and she in S, so we don't do the frenchfries and big mac with a diet coke...

dancefactoryusa.com - I'm the drummer in front AND webmaster - imagine that!

fuddes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuddes

Can we please get a real photo of the daily shirts instead of this stupid cartoon mockup?

JohnQ118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JohnQ118
nickmiller21 wrote:Just got my 3 Woot Launch shirts!! YAY! Living has it's perks.
figure my XL's are already sold though. One was for a friend's B-day gift. sigh...

that's easy. You give the XL in hand to the Friend for B-Day, and you do without until a resolution (if any). !

wOOt! 1st woot:20-AUG’05|43-w00ts|41-shirts|3-wine.w00t!Cheeses|11-Sellouts|2-Kids.w00t

fallingmonkey3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fallingmonkey3

Why doesn't woot use this as a t-shirt? It's properly geeky.
http://www.byrdbaggett.com/free/wallpapers/devolution1280x1024.php

JohnQ118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JohnQ118
bpcomp wrote:Am I the only wooter who gets the "blue up" color joke?

NO.

wOOt! 1st woot:20-AUG’05|43-w00ts|41-shirts|3-wine.w00t!Cheeses|11-Sellouts|2-Kids.w00t

zippygaelle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zippygaelle

The product stats page has a graphic for "Percentage of sales per day" (which I tried unsuccessfully to copy here) -- not surprisingly, 100% of the shirts were purchased today. Gee, given that the whole idea of this site is "One shirt a day," the sales are ALWAYS going to be 100% on a given day. Where's the feet??

I'm a compulsive Wooter -- I've got a WOOT Bucket from my first (so far) Bag of Coal, USB Missile Launcher, Moving Lips Speakerphone, Screaming Monkey, Marshmallow Popper -- you know you're jealous!

ygbsm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ygbsm

Yuck!
...but I'm glad i got my two Woot! Launch shirts delivered by FedEx this morning.

bdecker202

zippygaelle wrote:The product stats page has a graphic for "Percentage of sales per day" (which I tried unsuccessfully to copy here) -- not surprisingly, 100% of the shirts were purchased today. Gee, given that the whole idea of this site is "One shirt a day," the sales are ALWAYS going to be 100% on a given day. Where's the feet??

You can buy the previous shirts a day after they are sold out:

Sore Thumbs: http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=3622
Shirt.Woot Launch: http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=3618

So expect some sales to be popping up tomorrow...

mrchihao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrchihao

shirt.woot should do a two for tuesday thing too. maybe like 15 bucks for 2 shirts. that'd be cool. maybe a shirt off?

jimfrog67

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jimfrog67
QFT wrote:For everyone worried about all the shirts being geeky: fear not, I'm sure they'll have shirts featuring wolves and falcons in dramatic poses in the coming days.

Ooooh, I vote for puppies and unicorns and rainbows and hearts and stars and kitties! <3 :-)

Oh, sorry, that was my inner child (who, for some odd reason, is apparently a 7-year-old girl at the moment).

Kuroko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kuroko

Thanks for the link, mk1010. I agree that all of those are much better than the robot design.

It's a new dawn, it's a new day... and I'm feelin' woot.

mp88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mp88

i think these geek shirts are great. i really dont want this turning into some lame idea. so far so good

* Microgem 4gb Quick Drive *Compaq Pentium D
* Sore Thumbs T Shirt
* Black 30gb Zune
* Zune Tunepower
* Can i has a little dreidel T shirt?

WalkingSnake

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WalkingSnake
fuddes wrote:Can we please get a real photo of the daily shirts instead of this stupid cartoon mockup?

The design is no different from the mock-up, so just imagine that on a real shirt.