manorin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manorin
jgordon510 wrote:

...you eat the shipping charges for the customers ...

They are eating the shipping charges... its called SmartPost...

jgordon510

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgordon510
manorin wrote:They are eating the shipping charges... its called SmartPost...

I'll try to explain. When I say eating the shipping charges, I mean the additional shipping charges. If I, as a vendor, make a mistake, I'm responsible for making the mistake transparent to my customers. If they had taken the orders that came in before the code fix and shipped them all overnight, charging nothing for shipping, it would have cost more, but wouldn't have inconvenienced anyone. Since the mistake is woot's, the onus for rectifying the mistake should be as well.

But I think you understood that, and were being deliberately obtuse.

TehCaspia

quality posts: 16 Private Messages TehCaspia

okay...the print on the shirt is crooked AND not fully printed on the top...way to sell total crap woot

woot changed my signature...apparently linking my old blog was "advertising"...never thought I'd see anyone give Obama a run for his money on being the nanny state...

TehCaspia

quality posts: 16 Private Messages TehCaspia
jgordon510 wrote:I'll try to explain. When I say eating the shipping charges, I mean the additional shipping charges. If I, as a vendor, make a mistake, I'm responsible for making the mistake transparent to my customers. If they had taken the orders that came in before the code fix and shipped them all overnight, charging nothing for shipping, it would have cost more, but wouldn't have inconvenienced anyone. Since the mistake is woot's, the onus for rectifying the mistake should be as well.

technically...woot is not eating the shipping costs...they are simply passing it onto the consumers as always, its just less obvious. Learn economics 101.

woot changed my signature...apparently linking my old blog was "advertising"...never thought I'd see anyone give Obama a run for his money on being the nanny state...

Snapster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster
jgordon510 wrote:I'll try to explain. When I say eating the shipping charges, I mean the additional shipping charges. If I, as a vendor, make a mistake, I'm responsible for making the mistake transparent to my customers. If they had taken the orders that came in before the code fix and shipped them all overnight, charging nothing for shipping, it would have cost more, but wouldn't have inconvenienced anyone. Since the mistake is woot's, the onus for rectifying the mistake should be as well.

boy, not everything in life has to be tedious. this is a fun shirt, not a class in consumer advocacy. Did 'email service for a solution' fall too short of "psst, we'll overnight this to you if you ask nicely" for you to get? I believe we made the most efficient correct call and 99 out of 100 people affected appreciated it. We'll be happy to make an exception for you.

jgordon510

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgordon510
Snapster wrote:I believe we made the most efficient correct call and 99 out of 100 people affected appreciated it. We'll be happy to make an exception for you.

Yeah, I figured that since you guys already shipped it (i.e. I didn't get in by that 12 o'clock deadline) I was out of luck. But, you're right - they took care of me. So, I stand corrected. Woot is super-classy.

Cherrypicker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Cherrypicker

Back door to all WOOT Tees (so far....)
===========================================

http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=NNNN

For NNNN, use these codes product ID's

3618 = WOOT Launch

3622 = Sore Thumbs
3625 = Robot Service

bdecker202

quality posts: 19 Private Messages bdecker202
Cherrypicker wrote:Back door to all WOOT Tees (so far....)
===========================================

http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=NNNN

For NNNN, use these codes product ID's

3618 = WOOT Launch

3622 = Sore Thumbs
3625 = Robot Service

At least include all of them...

3627 = The Must-See Comedy Shirt of the Summer
3629 = Sea Chimp
3630 = Threat Level: Doctorow

Cherrypicker

bdecker202 wrote:At least include all of them...

3627 = The Must-See Comedy Shirt of the Summer
3629 = Sea Chimp
3630 = Threat Level: Doctorow

bd: When you check the blog of for each shirt, I listed all the shirts " ... SO FAR .." to that day. For the next shirt, check the next day's blog.

bdecker202

Cherrypicker wrote:bd: When you check the blog of for each shirt, I listed all the shirts " ... SO FAR .." to that day. For the next shirt, check the next day's blog.

I understand that, but it seems a bit of a hassle to go to the next blog to see the next day's shirt. Shouldn't they all be available on all the blogs??

Cherrypicker

bdecker202 wrote:I understand that, but it seems a bit of a hassle to go to the next blog to see the next day's shirt. Shouldn't they all be available on all the blogs??

What part of "...complete list SO FAR ...." do you not understand?

How would anyone know that he/she wants a shirt that hasn't yet been offered?

Look at the most recent blog, and you'll get the COMPLETE list up to that day. If you want to revisit every day's blog, and repost the continuing list, be my guest. I took the initiative to do so for the prior three or four days, but going forward, I only intend to update ONE blog, ONCE a day. If that is insufficient for you, feel free to supplement the daily blogs as you already chose to do today.

After you have been around here for 3 years and have 50+ WOOTs like I do, I'll be more likely to consider your perspective.

Geez!

bdecker202

Cherrypicker wrote:What part of "...complete list SO FAR ...." do you not understand?

How would anyone know that he/she wants a shirt that hasn't yet been offered?

Look at the most recent blog, and you'll get the COMPLETE list up to that day. If you want to revisit every day's blog, and repost the continuing list, be my guest. I took the initiative to do so for the prior three or four days, but going forward, I only intend to update ONE blog, ONCE a day. If that is insufficient for you, feel free to supplement the daily blogs as you already chose to do today.

After you have been around here for 3 years and have 50+ WOOTs like I do, I'll be more likely to consider your perspective.

Geez!

I'm not saying that i'm going to be going back into each shirt's particular topic and posting updated links for ALL of the shirts. It just makes sense to me, that since you're posting these all at this time, why not post the ones that are available at the time of the post and not at the time the shirt was released? Sure i can understand if you posted these links immediately after they are released, but you're posting in the forums 3+ days after they were released and after other shirts have been released as well.

And i'm sorry that i do not have 50 woots and have your kind of budget because i'm attending a very expensive college. Don't let that black wootqube go to your head. Yes, i know it says you're better than everyone else, but don't take that too literally.

If you're going to take the initiative to post the shirts that are available so far in each of the next shirts, be my guest. I've just been answering the requests for the links to old shirts for over a full week now...

iqueno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iqueno

I think that I will avoid "Smartpost" in the future. According to the tracking info the shirt has been within 30 miles of my house for two days. I know for a fact that anything mailed from and to the northern half of the state arrives next day. I have however seen UPS and FEDEX hold items for a few days if they are ahead of their shipping time estimate. I hope the shirts arrive before Christmas '07 since they are to be presents for my boys.

Venom82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Venom82

Does anybody have a photo of this shirt or a close up of the picture on this shirt?

Woots=9, Items=14, Woot-Offs=10, Bog Ore Collector=0

..::||Transaction Scores||::..
WOOT:4 SHIRT:5 WINE:0 SELLOUT:0

W00T MONEY: $132.96 = AVG $9.50 ea.

sarahr84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sarahr84

I got mine today. Kind of disappointed by the color, it's a lot lighter than the picture leads you to believe. But, eh, what can you expect for a $10 t-shirt?

iSrcy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iSrcy

thats I serving of sweet potato pie I believe

Noy Jitat! InFocus61 Crap Technotunes AMWdvd WestingHouseTOAST Roomba NetGear USBmissle Saitek Nokia770 OregonScience MovingLips Dyson

JohnQ118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JohnQ118

for those who want a robot shirt,
UneeTEE

has these

wOOt! 1st woot:20-AUG’05|43-w00ts|41-shirts|3-wine.w00t!Cheeses|11-Sellouts|2-Kids.w00t