patschlaich

quality posts: 1 Private Messages patschlaich

well... still not gonna buy it but it is way better than the "super power" shirt... i honestly cant see how anyone can say that the "winning" shirt was better with a straight face. this is clearly a much better shirt, however it was still not the best.. personally, i wanted the "shark-repellent" shirt to win but oh well..

theangrybuddha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theangrybuddha

I am so glad this one won. It has personality. Super power looked like it was from some cheap vendor on the sidewalk, and USB man was just stupid. If you wear a Derby-winning shirt, people that see it should get some indication of what the contest theme was. If I saw a USB shirt, I'd think to myself, "Wow, that loser really loves USB"

There's my 2 cents, anyway. Maybe it's been said in the Derby blog, but whatever.

Negri21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Negri21

sorry didnt find this til now.

Well, it seems we sort of have two winners to Derby #3. But this time, you only get one shirt. Here's the problem: the "power" symbol in the entry submitted by jr88ps69 is evidently the property of the International Electrotechnical Commission, and may only be commercially used with their permission. We've been advised not to produce and sell this t-shirt, so we're not going to. (We've also decided that, in our view, it also violates our own Derby rules: "We determine that the design contains elements created and/or owned by someone other than the designer or Woot".)

But even though the refs ruled against it, we are going to honor the will of the (Woot) people by proclaiming it the winner. And we'll pay jr88ps69 the $200 prize money. Presenting what we hope will be the only Derby "winner" that we don't produce and sell:

In cases like this, where the Derby winner cannot fulfill its duties, the crown immediately passes to the second-place finisher. So, at midnight tonight, come back to Shirt.Woot if you want to buy jamescho84's "Reality Isn't For Everyone" (yes, jamescho84 will also receive the prize money):

We're climbing into our asbestos onesies, because we know some people will be upset about this. But the law is the law, rules are rules, and the rule of law is the law of rules, or something. Congratulations, jr88ps69 and jamescho84. And gods of fortune, if you're listening: can we just have a nice easy Derby next time? Please? Let us know if we need to sacrifice a first-born male goat or whatever.

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl
hinese wrote:I've come to realize that this site is only for extreme dorks. Who in the world would wear any of the shirts that have been on shirt.woot.com? Certainly nobody who has ever kissed a girl.

You don't know how wrong you are. girls love shirts like this.

pfffft!

channel419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages channel419

I voted and I bought. This was one of my favorites. Hopefully less drama on the next derby.

B-Rock

vpoet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vpoet
hinese wrote:I've come to realize that this site is only for extreme dorks. Who in the world would wear any of the shirts that have been on shirt.woot.com? Certainly nobody who has ever kissed a girl.

my girlfriend enjoyed the rat rod design. so, nyah.

Millions of eyes and billions of dollars in technology were trained on them, yet nobody was watching when they died.
--CECIL ADAMS

metaphyze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages metaphyze

Hey Woot, how about you offer whoever posted that "Frog Rainmaker" shirt a few bucks or a free shirt for his design:

Hey whoever posted "Frog Rainmaker", how about you accept Woot's offer?

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

But I will some day! Mom told me so!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

jerm1084

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerm1084

So, here is my question...

If the guy can't really fly.. how did he get on top of a large slide that has no steps on the ladder?? .. hmmm

jtoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtoc

You bought over 25 Woots and posted 61 comments. You can be our leader of extreme dorks! Id i ot! Praise 'hinese' - leader of extreme dorks!

I don't care what you think.

metanoia29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages metanoia29

Interesting design, but it'll be a cold day in hell before you find this shirt on my back. This round of shirts were absolutely terrible.

thedeepestgray

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedeepestgray

awesome...got one

if you can't appreciate funny shirts, then go to abercrombie or somethin....

WootWoot88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WootWoot88

I'm still kind of a newbie but LOVE this one!

One for the woot!

Woot woot!

CryzzE

groundrush

quality posts: 2 Private Messages groundrush

Reminds me of the time I leaped from the roof using a garbage bag for a parachute. Had a huge cast on my leg all summer that year!

jtoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtoc
aerophyre wrote:Well IM fargin pissed! I was really looking forward to the super power T shirt and EVEN THOUGH IT WON THEY STILL DIDNT TAKE IT!! WHAT THE HELL WOOT?!

They didn't pass the post race inspection.

I don't care what you think.

rkyyz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rkyyz
jerm1084 wrote:So, here is my question...

If the guy can't really fly.. how did he get on top of a large slide that has no steps on the ladder?? .. hmmm

By sliding UP the slide.

rocktest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rocktest

time to axe the derby. too many things getting ripped off and a stupid voting system, why waste a shirt day

recess238

quality posts: 0 Private Messages recess238
rocktest wrote:time to axe the derby. too many things getting ripped off and a stupid voting system, why waste a shirt day

Spoken by the guy with no purchases.

Big deal if you don't like it. Evidently someone liked it or it wouldn't have received any votes.

crunchyLadybug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crunchyLadybug

I've been trolling Woot! for 2 years and I finally bought something! Yay me and yay woot. You may not know me, but I know all of you!

patschlaich

quality posts: 1 Private Messages patschlaich
rocktest wrote:time to axe the derby. too many things getting ripped off and a stupid voting system, why waste a shirt day

axe the derby? really? i agree that it is not perfect, but the derby is the only thing interesting about shirt.woot so far.. well in my opinion anyway

Siderman1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siderman1

first shirt bought...

too good.. had to try it out

woooot me.

Ignofibininious

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ignofibininious
crunchyLadybug wrote:I've been trolling Woot! for 2 years and I finally bought something! Yay me and yay woot. You may not know me, but I know all of you!

perhaps you mean lurking? Trolling is bad.

To increase your chanced of getting a Bag O'Crap, hold down the windows key and the E key as you click the "I Want One" button. Think "E" for enternet.

tappy116

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tappy116

SECOND SHIRT THIS WEEK!!!

i heart woot

crunchyLadybug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crunchyLadybug
Ignofibininious wrote:perhaps you mean lurking? Trolling is bad.

You are correct, I am drunk and I used the wrong word. I was expecting a correction and I am happy to see you oblidge...

Fendar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fendar

Some of you really need to keep track of news and some of the blog info.

Additionally, physics do not matter. The shirt is a cartoon, where reality takes it's own form. Don't over analyze.

Thank you Cho for your design. You submitted your original within minutes of mine and I knew that I'd lose out to you. At least I can say that I did lose out to the appropriate design, I started to worry for a bit. It you're wondering, yes, I voted for you and bought the shirt.

cyclonesworld

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cyclonesworld

Hehe I'm going to have a closet full of Woot shirts.

Yes I'm a dork. I'm proud of that.

vscm98

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vscm98

I Skydive a lot, this is perfect

Whippo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Whippo
chemwolf wrote:Still no 3X, this is a waste of time.

According to your shirt size, so is exercise and not eating.

Defraggler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Defraggler

No 3x shirt, Not buying it ect.
Remove votes totals from derby display ect.

mk1010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mk1010

If you are reading or posting on these forums, then you are, by necessity, a dork. Most, but NOT all of the designs are dorky, currently the least dorky designs are:

Chimpanzee Robusto - you'd have to be a really, really big dork to think that a smoking chimp is dorky

Nobody's Perfect - 3 1/2 stars is good enough for everyone, both dorks and non-dorks alike

Threat Level: Doctorow - nobody even knows what this shirt is all about unless they read it, but only dorks read what's printed on other people's shirts, so only another dork would know that you're a dork; everyone else thinks that you're some kind of patriot

sfomra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sfomra

epic lulz!... good one... my 3rd shirt

kriscad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kriscad
jtoc wrote:You bought over 25 Woots and posted 61 comments. You can be our leader of extreme dorks! Id i ot! Praise 'hinese' - leader of extreme dorks!

jaja comedy

i got one... nice design

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho

Had to get this one. Almost didn't look here since I thought 'super power' had won out by one friggen vote. Mayhaps they should hide the vote totals to prevent people from trying to force a tie?

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Negri21 wrote:sorry didnt find this til now.

"the "power" symbol in the entry submitted by jr88ps69 is evidently the property of the International Electrotechnical Commission, and may only be commercially used with their permission. We've been advised not to produce and sell this t-shirt, so we're not going to. "

In cases like this, where the Derby winner cannot fulfill its duties, the crown immediately passes to the second-place finisher. "

Thanks for finding this and posting it, Negri21.

WOOT ! You missed a sale!
I am the 3X T-Shirt Super Shopper, and my comic book loving husband would have gladly worn this shirt. Now I must fly off and look for Super Sized Super T-shirts elsewhere on the web. Maybe Al Gore will invent a shopping site for me.

JohnQ118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JohnQ118
crunchyLadybug wrote:You are correct, I am drunk and ...

You're Drunk and bought this shirt as your 1st w00t!.
You ever drink before?

Welcome to the crew.

wOOt! 1st woot:20-AUG’05|43-w00ts|41-shirts|3-wine.w00t!Cheeses|11-Sellouts|2-Kids.w00t

beelz1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beelz1

my first shirtwoot thanks :D

Insanebuddy720

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Insanebuddy720

classic had to get one

GTstyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GTstyle

I wooted.
I'm sure that's something I would have tried when I was a kid, lulz.

Woot
  • Lights & Monkeys
  • 3/1/09 - Recaro
  • 6/19/08 - MS S&T w/GPS
  • 3/28/08 - HP m9040n
  • 7/22/07 - Weather Stat
  • 7/19/07 - Whistler DE1770
  • 7/19/07 - Inverter
  • 7/12/07 - Bundles of Clones/li>
  • 6/25/07 - Nokia 770
    Shirt
  • random = lots
  • 3/22/08 - CDN Periodic Table
  • 1/4/08 - Tag
  • 9/19/07 - Deer By #
  • 8/17/07 - Reality Isn't For Everyone
  • 8/10/07 - Dead Heat
  • 7/23/07 - Sore Thumbs
    Sellout
  • 4/1/08 - IR Thermometer
  • 12/24/07 - Flashlight/Radio
  • 10/12/07 - Desk Caddy

princessproton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages princessproton

I would wear some of the shirts that have been on shirt.woot.com and I have kissed a girl, therefore you are WRONG.

Yes, alcohol was involved, but still.

USE YOUR BRAIN. There are zombies that go without.

tjbrownfield

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjbrownfield

the super power shirt was way better, but it is understandable that w00t doesnt want to get in any trouble and this one is good anyway. definitely worth buying, so i did