danielem1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danielem1

Like someone said before, sarcastically, "And of course any corporate entity serves as an impartial judge as to what is or is not it's own intellectual property." - ReverendLoki

I say, it's become so generic that it's being used everywhere without even a thought as to who owns the symbol, commercially and otherwise. I wonder if every little generic company that makes those crappy dvd players paid for the rights to use that symbol on their remote controls, for example. I'm no lawyer, but I think it's called trademark dilution?

(In fact check out the wiki page for the symbol, under In Popular culture, Exelon uses the symbol in their corporate logo.)

John, you misunderstood my sarcasm, I was pointing out that I obviously was not posting links to give people a place to buy a "super power" shirt, I was showing the rampant use of the symbol all over the internet, and that was just on shirts. So I hopefully am the last person to post the links, but hopefully you're the last person to point out that it's not the same shirt.

Toys4Tommy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Toys4Tommy
ryankewley wrote:gosh darn! stop bitching about the 3x... maybe woot wants you to loose some damn weight!

If your weight is too loose, then maybe a corset would help hold it in place.

Or you could try to lose it and avoid the problem of loose weight altogether.

msspurlock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages msspurlock

Frankly, I've given up on this site.
They're always sold out, no matter when I check, so it's pointless.
A lot like the Bandolier of Carrots has become.

400+ Items

attackingmoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages attackingmoose
msspurlock wrote:Frankly, I've given up on this site.
They're always sold out, no matter when I check, so it's pointless.
A lot like the Bandolier of Carrots has become.

If you're a dedicated wooter, you'll stay up until 12 (or whatever it is in your time zone). I stay up until 1 am every night and often am disappointed by what's put up. But I do it anyway.

There're times that I've gotten up in the morning and it's still available. You must be unlucky.

drrtdrtt drrtdrtt drrtdrtt drrtdrtt drrtdrtt

satch69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages satch69

Perfect for me...last year I tried to jump off a ledge on my bicycle and fell on my face. I must thus teach by example (and wearing this shirt).

Am I a man who has just been dreaming that he was a butterfly, or a sleeping butterfly, now dreaming that he is a man?

Snapster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster

Possibly worth the spammy intrusion here:

If you live in Texas (or more accurately if you are shipping to texas) you can take advantage of the tax-free weekend before the first Day of Reckoning this coming monday... saves a buck or so a shirt (normally tacked on for sales tax in texas) and ends tomorrow night.

Day of Reckoning Blog Post

and a message for the wider majority here - the shirt blog entries are lower down on the right column..

p.s. - buy the koi "scales and bubbles" shirt - keep orange alive!

Defraggler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Defraggler
ryankewley wrote:gosh darn! stop bitching about the 3x... maybe woot wants you to loose some damn weight!

I wear a XL in Gilden and Haynes Tees, after shrinkage I can't even get a 2x American Apparel Tee over my chest.

They just need to get better Tees, Not 100% thin cotton undersized American Apparel.

peakprfrmr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peakprfrmr

ok...I don't get this "backdoor/second chance" thing. Isn't the whole premise of woot supposed to be. Sold out....tough luck bud? This irks me on an item that should make it through the weekend even more. Just doesn't seem to fit the Woot mission statement (supposing they had one),

adamxiii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamxiii
Defraggler wrote:I wear a XL in Gilden and Haynes Tees, after shrinkage I can't even get a 2x American Apparel Tee over my chest.

They just need to get better Tees, Not 100% thin cotton undersized American Apparel.

American Apparel is also the best quality, maybe you should buy your tee's at the big and tall, or better yet walmart

Cherrypicker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Cherrypicker
peakprfrmr wrote:ok...I don't get this "backdoor/second chance" thing. Isn't the whole premise of woot supposed to be. Sold out....tough luck bud? This irks me on an item that should make it through the weekend even more. Just doesn't seem to fit the Woot mission statement (supposing they had one),

Answers to all your 'probing', integrity-challenging questions are here ...
Day of Reckoning Blog Post

Did you even look at the information just two posts above yours? Do a little reading before you spout off. Geez....

hoganistan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoganistan
andrewtl wrote:You don't know how wrong you are. girls love shirts like this.

yeah.. i'm a girl and i think these are fantastic....what is it with all the debbie downers in these comments?

paints

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paints
hoganistan wrote:yeah.. i'm a girl and i think these are fantastic....what is it with all the debbie downers in these comments?

debbie downers....hahahahahaha

hammr25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hammr25
sjcinc wrote:hmmm, should I purchase a shirt.woot now for 10 bucks, or wait a few weeks and most likely get 3 of them in a Bandoiler of Carrots for a measly dollar?

I don't think woot actually prints shirts they haven't sold. Good luck with that.

peakprfrmr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peakprfrmr

Hey Cherrypicker...FYI. The msg two before mine really only talks about a tax exemption and hints slightly at the "day of reckoning". Granted I should have fully looked at every page shirt.woot offered when it made it's debut, but in no way could I have derived the principle of "reselling" based solely on the term "day of reckoning". You only outrank me by a few months, so cut me some slack will ya?

MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston

Shirt.woot's forum just seems to bring out the snark in everyone. Sigh.

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 28 | k.w ~ 1 |

ender7584

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ender7584
Defraggler wrote:

Whao whao whao! American Apparel shirts are the best damn shirts ever created. God coulden't do a better job creating a perfectly fit shirt if he tried. Don't bring them into it!

In another note, my shirt shipped today long live shirt.woot!

zybergoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zybergoat

Have people received their shirts yet? Mine appears to still be floating in limbo somewhere between Phoenix and Pennsylvania. Ridiculous smartpost.

requiem960

quality posts: 1 Private Messages requiem960

I received one, it came in my Blinged-Out Cabbage. I was shocked, it was even in my size! Thanks Woot!

BrotherFlounder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrotherFlounder

Ok...is there some reason my shirt's been sitting in Carollton since the 17th? Stupid SmartPost.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
BrotherFlounder wrote:Ok...is there some reason my shirt's been sitting in Carollton since the 17th? Stupid SmartPost.

Go ahead and get in touch with service@woot.com, including your order number, and let 'em know you haven't seen any progress on your order.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.