w00tkiller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages w00tkiller

i think the designer of this shirt should avoid future shirt.woot submissions to avoid disappointing customers. just sayin'.

i think my previous post speaks for itself:

i hate this t-shirt because:

1) the girls on it look like they came from the 80s
2) cartoon design on orange no thx
3) the design is extremely childish
4) it's not witty/clever, abstract, mildly interesting, or remotely wearable
5) i can find better looking t-shirts at thrift stores
6) calvinball is freaking a million times better than this design. and i didn't even know what calvinball was.

ozzyzak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ozzyzak
w00tkiller wrote:i think the designer of this shirt should avoid future shirt.woot submissions to avoid disappointing customers. just sayin'.

i think my previous post speaks for itself:

Does this post mean to indicate that you think this of all of his shirts, having never seen them? You just assume that everything wrong with this one would be wrong with all of them? Give me a break.

threemoons

quality posts: 18 Private Messages threemoons

Eh. No thanks.

One thing I noticed on shirt.woot.com so far: Anything even a teeny bit cool sells out like *that* (snaps fingers) but the lame doody REALLY doesn't move.

And this is bad. Real bad. Bad cartoony art with zero context or humor value. No thanks.

cntmuffn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cntmuffn
icywindow wrote:Fixed for haiku.

Freaking Awesome.

Woot : 4
Shrit.Woot: 7
Sellout.woot: 3

coolcool23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolcool23

Yeah... still not sold out, this is pretty bad.

It goes without saying that with all of these shirts there would be some off days.

Oh well. At least after the reconing there will be one more mildly popular shirt rather than this thing.

WTD (Woots to date)
9/9/07 - Go Rock, Beat Paper Tee
7/21/07 - Shirt.woot Launch Tee
7/12/07 - Bandolier of Carrots
7/2/07 - ATi Radeon x600 Video Card

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad

My view of how this shirt SHOULD look
http://i4.tinypic.com/538m72q.jpg

click above link for detail pic, notice how i took out the freckles, i saw someone post they dont like freckles and now that finger is indeed the middle one. also a few smiles turned upside down, thats about it.

2005vette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette

SO are we taking bets on more of these will sell than the plain green shirt from labor day?

shamloo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shamloo

i think its curious that the user designed ones are far superior to the actual "designers"

chicken260

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chicken260
2005vette wrote:SO are we taking bets on more of these will sell than the plain green shirt from labor day?

betcha an empty water bottle that less of these will sell than the green shirt. (fyi: I actually bought the green shirt. I wouldn't be caught dead in this skateland shirt.)

i voted for infinite rest. great design, vette. hope it wins.

bcm1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bcm1
Wangus8 wrote:Yes? What if I have to burn every shirt that I wear at the end of the day because I sweat radiation?

Then I'd say you have bigger concerns than having enough shirt choices, ha.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
shamloo wrote:i think its curious that the user designed ones are far superior to the actual "designers"

Meanwhile, I think it's curious that people believe the above to be true. I haven't been nearly as into most of the Derby winners as I have the regular day shirts. I think a lot of the voter favorites are kind of visually terrifying (though obviously there are some really great entries rotting away in the middle of the pack).

Alilevy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alilevy

This artist has great talent.

chippyswans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chippyswans
shamloo wrote:i think its curious that the user designed ones are far superior to the actual "designers"

Exactly...I actually think they might go to mostly derby winners and maybe 2 designers a week. The derby winners have blown the others away and I would bet the data proves that.

chippyswans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chippyswans
Alilevy wrote:This artist has great talent.

HAHAHA

kriscad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kriscad
2005vette wrote:SO are we taking bets on more of these will sell than the plain green shirt from labor day?

lulz comedy

2005vette

chicken260 wrote:betcha an empty water bottle that less of these will sell than the green shirt. (fyi: I actually bought the green shirt. I wouldn't be caught dead in this skateland shirt.)

i voted for infinite rest. great design, vette. hope it wins.

Thanks appreciate all the help I can get...

kriscad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kriscad
Linad wrote:My view of how this shirt SHOULD look
http://i4.tinypic.com/538m72q.jpg

click above link for detail pic, notice how i took out the freckles, i saw someone post they dont like freckles and now that finger is indeed the middle one. also a few smiles turned upside down, thats about it.

lulz @ the chick flippin the bird

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
BentoBoxx wrote:You mean the stuff Ed "Big Daddy" Roth did? He did wacky Monsters driving animated cars. He's most famous for his creature the "Rat Fink". They had a great exhibit of his art at the petersen museum in L.A.

EXACTLY!!! Now THAT kind of stuff would warrant a buy 3!!!

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad
kriscad wrote:lulz @ the chick flippin the bird

should i have censored that?

melonibologna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melonibologna

Skate Town. That is just awful. Maybe a little less cartoons?

bcm1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bcm1
chippyswans wrote:Exactly...I actually think they might go to mostly derby winners and maybe 2 designers a week. The derby winners have blown the others away and I would bet the data proves that.

What amazes me is that so many people think taste/style is so absolute. Just because a derby winner sells better doesn't mean it's the definition of good design, just that it appeals more to shirt.woot visitors (a small subset of humanity, I assure you). Since derby winners are voted on by shirt.woot followers, is it any surprise that they have a better chance of selling well? (Why do you think most companies do market research?)

I'm all for people voicing their opinion, but why all the hate for the designers? Style is subjective... is that really so hard to understand?

nond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nond

I wonder how many of these sold...I would bet under 300.

animegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages animegirl

This must be a tribute to Skatetown on Orange avenue, or maybe the Skatetown in Orange county. I think the girl pointing in the air with her eyes looking up has a "Duh.. who me?" look, or maybe there is gum on her finger and she's got the airhead look. The star earrings remind me of Jem and the Holograms cartoon. Not my style. Could possible work it with a jean jacket and rollerblades... for Halloween maybe. PASS.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

question downloaded the shirt patern how do I use it? I have adobe photoshop anyone?

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

koggit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koggit
bcm1 wrote:What amazes me is that so many people think taste/style is so absolute. Just because a derby winner sells better doesn't mean it's the definition of good design, just that it appeals more to shirt.woot visitors (a small subset of humanity, I assure you). Since derby winners are voted on by shirt.woot followers, is it any surprise that they have a better chance of selling well? (Why do you think most companies do market research?)

I'm all for people voicing their opinion, but why all the hate for the designers? Style is subjective... is that really so hard to understand?

Well said.

My opinion differs heavily from The Woot Voice. I hate most of the derby entries and have yet to purchase a derby winner (of 3 woots). I prefer the professionally designed shirts, I believe them to be more stylish. Woot doesn't have to listen to the current Woot users, or offer what sells well to current Woot users, because by offering quality professional designs they can reach a new audience.

kilcher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kilcher

Love it! I'd buy 10! Unfortunately no 3X no sale.

bizlur

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bizlur

the green shirt sold 183... i wonder if the green sold more than this one will?

markzero

quality posts: 12 Private Messages markzero
derekfilley wrote:You can make up for it by voting for one of my current designs. My destructive monkey seems quite popular. ;-)

Yeah I already saw that one

j-o-h-n

quality posts: 4 Private Messages j-o-h-n
bizlur wrote:the green shirt sold 183... i wonder if the green sold more than this one will?

Yup, only 152 of these

Higher prices AND crappier blanks, no thank you

dmx10101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmx10101
bizlur wrote:the green shirt sold 183... i wonder if the green sold more than this one will?

Yep this shirt ended up with 152. A blank green shirt sold better than this ugly piece of work.

mydrivec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mydrivec
dmx10101 wrote:Yep this shirt ended up with 152. A blank green shirt sold better than this ugly piece of work.

lulz How brutal is that? Of course, we had to view it for the last 24 hours which means Woot actually owes each of us $10 compensation just for the torture.

A Proud sponsor of DirectDeposit.Woot.com!

melonibologna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melonibologna
kilcher wrote:Love it! I'd buy 10! Unfortunately no 3X no sale.

I will get you ten Skatetown 3X shirts... if you are not bluffing about paying

2005vette

Guess we know what will be in the next Bandolier of Carrots

JohnQ118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JohnQ118

LESS sold.

wOOt! 1st woot:20-AUG’05|43-w00ts|41-shirts|3-wine.w00t!Cheeses|11-Sellouts|2-Kids.w00t

rickbradford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickbradford

Why is the number sold so important to the people who buy shirts here? I assume it's not really a concern for Woot's prosperity...

Obviously I'm new here so maybe I'm just not in the groove.

dmx10101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmx10101

Hopefully woot is getting the idea of what types of shirts wooters like and don't like, so they can improve their offerings. I would definitely put this one in the don't like category.

maxinater

quality posts: 4 Private Messages maxinater

Why is it still here, I though it got reckoned?

29 wootz (I was better than everyone else)
Avg. qty: 1.642857
Total of 48 items
Last purchase: Buckyballs 2-for-Tuesday

Blox05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blox05

I ordered one of these and still haven't received it, why does the smartpost take so long??? I'd have rather paid the $5 to have it two weeks ago...It was a birthday present that is now a month late...

jesusbeard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesusbeard

buh

mer