SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Here are some photos of the Pocket FishMan, who desperately needs some buyer love to avoid the reckoning ball this week. Note- the color of the shirt is pretty close to what the design background was. But since I didn't color-correct the pictures, the green shirts came out... wonky. Regardless, here's the fish shirt on a "real" person:



And a closeup of the design:



Click on them to get a REAL big view!

hermanbaggins


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hermanbaggins

Been lurking shirt.woot for awhile and got my lazy ass to post some of my shirts. First one Im really shy so I was blushing.

Ok I suck with a camera. I figured out how to use my own camera now.

Alot of good comments when i wear this shirt.

I wish I lived in the 60's or 70's

My local starbucks hates this shirt

My favorite shirt so far. Tons of positive comments when I go out with this.

Loving all the shirts. Keep up the good job.

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
hermanbaggins wrote:Been lurking shirt.woot for awhile and got my lazy ass to post some of my shirts. First one Im really shy so I was blushing.



I have 4 of those 6 shirts! (arrgyle, 70's, hamster, {my personal s.w fav} and Alice!) You have good taste. =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

parkermc


quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc
SkekTek wrote:Here are some photos of the Pocket FishMan, who desperately needs some buyer love to avoid the reckoning ball this week. Note- the color of the shirt is pretty close to what the design background was. But since I didn't color-correct the pictures, the green shirts came out... wonky.



Wait, I'm confused. (Okay, even more than usual! ;) ) What do you mean by "wonky?" It looks true to your submission, doesn't it? What did you need to color-correct? What am I missing? I think it looks great. I'm very impressed.

Iambusyeating


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating

The shirt color is off.

parkermc


quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc
Iambusyeating wrote:The shirt color is off.




The green shirt, you mean? It must be my monitor then because it looks fine to me.

I only ask because I am waiting on seeing pictures of how both this shirt and "Gonna Let It Shine" print before I buy. The kids want the fish, the adults want the candle, and our eldest is deciding on the "Anatomy Test" for a fun shirt to wear to Biology class. He'd love to see a pic of that one, too, since it's his own money he'll be spending. Funny, but he never seems to hesitate, otherwise. L OL!

This is getting very expensive, very quickly!

shan24


quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
parkermc wrote:The green shirt, you mean? It must be my monitor then because it looks fine to me.

I only ask because I am waiting on seeing pictures of how both this shirt and "Gonna Let It Shine" print before I buy. The kids want the fish, the adults want the candle, and our eldest is deciding on the "Anatomy Test" for a fun shirt to wear to Biology class. He'd love to see a pic of that one, too, since it's his own money he'll be spending. Funny, but he never seems to hesitate, otherwise. L OL!

This is getting very expensive, very quickly!


Hah yeah it's funny how things change when it's their own money. I'm waiting to see how the other 2 print, too, but I think Pocket Fish came out just great. Skek ought to be very happy with it!

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Nice pictures HermanBaggins. Wow! I had no idea that the Starbucks Logo shirt was so big when printed. Great quality photographs...thanks for posting!

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Thanks for posting the fish in the bag shirt. It really does look like a leaky boob. But, that's fine, I still bought one. I really hope no one comments on it!

I'm happy to see that the green on green shows up well.

Failoan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Failoan

Look what I found when I got back from class today.



For the most part it came out good. Theres a thick layer or paint for the bright colors (white, yellow & green). It still printed on black though so the color has those annoying little dark spots coming out of the bright colored paint. You can only see it when your really close to it.

Still I like it, looks even more funny when the carton is distorted, cause it looks like your trying to crumple it too.

KenSPT


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT
Failoan wrote:Look what I found when I got back from class today.



For the most part it came out good. Theres a thick layer or paint for the bright colors (white, yellow & green). It still printed on black though so the color has those annoying little dark spots coming out of the bright colored paint. You can only see it when your really close to it.

Still I like it, looks even more funny when the carton is distorted, cause it looks like your trying to crumple it too.



Wow, I'm glad I didn't buy that, to me that looks hideous.

Don't take that the wrong way, if you like it then great, it's just not my cup of tea.

soothedbyrainfall


quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall

Here's what Soul Glow aka I'm Gonna Let it Shine shirt looks like IRL:




It was hard to get a decent shot of it because the red is so bright and the ink has a glare so I found that photographing a reflection (in a dirty, dusty mirror...oops!) worked best. The detail actually printed fine; my one qualm being that the two reds chosen for the interior of the 'alcove' are a wee bit too similar in hue and brightness so the feeling of depth is greatly lessened. Still came out pretty nice I think!

soothedbyrainfall.net

Andy47240


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
soothedbyrainfall wrote:Here's what Soul Glow aka I'm Gonna Let it Shine shirt looks like IRL:




It was hard to get a decent shot of it because the red is so bright and the ink has a glare so I found that photographing a reflection (in a dirty, dusty mirror...oops!) worked best. The detail actually printed fine; my one qualm being that the two reds chosen for the interior of the 'alcove' are a wee bit too similar in hue and brightness so the feeling of depth is greatly lessened. Still came out pretty nice I think!


Looks way better than I thought it would. I loved the design, but I thought they would have a very hard time printing it.



goldnndrkness


quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldnndrkness
Andy47240 wrote:Looks way better than I thought it would. I loved the design, but I thought they would have a very hard time printing it.



I was thinking the same, it looks like it came out really well :D

Have these shirts in WS and are willing to sell? PM please!

Cassette Taps
Best thing since
Alice Paining Caterpillar

lildevil


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lildevil
lildevil wrote:skullflower



the print color wasn't as vibrant as i expected, so that was a bummer. i was hoping the blue print would be lighter (the flash doesn't make it look so dark but it's more of a dark teal), and the brown is more reddish than the sample.



i know it's odd quoting myself, but i was wondering if others find different colors to fit differently. so far i've gotten 3 different colors (black, navy, light blue) in WM but they don't fit the same at all. if i say my navy fits like a WM, then my black fits like a WS and a half, and my light blue fits like a WL!

AlvinPing


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlvinPing
lildevil wrote:i know it's odd quoting myself, but i was wondering if others find different colors to fit differently. so far i've gotten 3 different colors (black, navy, light blue) in WM but they don't fit the same at all. if i say my navy fits like a WM, then my black fits like a WS and a half, and my light blue fits like a WL!



I know what you mean... from my experience, it seems that the darker colored shirts are slightly smaller. Could just be a coincidence, or perhaps darker shirts somehow shrink more in the dryer.

My heather grey shirts seem to be the largest.

  • Alvin

thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
AlvinPing wrote:I know what you mean... from my experience, it seems that the darker colored shirts are slightly smaller. Could just be a coincidence, or perhaps darker shirts somehow shrink more in the dryer.

My heather grey shirts seem to be the largest.



There's another thread talking about this. GF12 mentioned that AA's quality can be spotty since the employees are paid for speed. That doesn't quite explain what you've seen and I've seen in that darker shirts seem to be smaller...

KenSPT


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT
soothedbyrainfall wrote:Here's what Soul Glow aka I'm Gonna Let it Shine shirt looks like IRL:




It was hard to get a decent shot of it because the red is so bright and the ink has a glare so I found that photographing a reflection (in a dirty, dusty mirror...oops!) worked best. The detail actually printed fine; my one qualm being that the two reds chosen for the interior of the 'alcove' are a wee bit too similar in hue and brightness so the feeling of depth is greatly lessened. Still came out pretty nice I think!



Still just looks like a red box on a black shirt to me, but people dig it, so good for them ...

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
parkermc wrote:The green shirt, you mean? It must be my monitor then because it looks fine to me.

I only ask because I am waiting on seeing pictures of how both this shirt and "Gonna Let It Shine" print before I buy. The kids want the fish, the adults want the candle, and our eldest is deciding on the "Anatomy Test" for a fun shirt to wear to Biology class. He'd love to see a pic of that one, too, since it's his own money he'll be spending. Funny, but he never seems to hesitate, otherwise. L OL!

This is getting very expensive, very quickly!



Yeah, the green color of the shirt is not true in the photos- the against the wall photo has the shirt too dark, and the design closeup is a bit too light but more accurate than the wall one. But it came out exactly as the design appeared on Woot. So I'm ecstatic!

I actually wore it to my class this week (and I'm the professor!). Had to show it off.

Jack31081


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jack31081

My brother and I enjoying some chili at Bretton Woods ski resort in NH. Not new shirts, but amusing nonetheless.



dmkooo


quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo

Their printing is excellent, but the sizing is not so great. I like the longness of the tshirts, since I am long-waisted, but their women's XL is NOT XL...it is more a women's medium.

I would prefer a women's style/cut, but I am forced to buy a men's XL....this makes the fit tight up top, but baggy at the waist. Could we please get some larger women's sizes then to appease curvier women?

Also, V-neck would be WONDERFUL!

amcatanzaro


quality posts: 8 Private Messages amcatanzaro
dmkooo wrote:Their printing is excellent, but the sizing is not so great. I like the longness of the tshirts, since I am long-waisted, but their women's XL is NOT XL...it is more a women's medium.

I would prefer a women's style/cut, but I am forced to buy a men's XL....this makes the fit tight up top, but baggy at the waist. Could we please get some larger women's sizes then to appease curvier women?

Also, V-neck would be WONDERFUL!



Wow! I second this opinion completely. I'm not huge, but I'm not small. Two kids killed that. The shoulders in the women's XL could be 1/2 inch bigger. And the waist about 2". The length is excellent I think.

I wasn't going to stay up. Drat! Foiled again!

Travel in style! Travel in a Woot shirt!

eastofme


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eastofme
dmkooo wrote:Their printing is excellent, but the sizing is not so great. I like the longness of the tshirts, since I am long-waisted, but their women's XL is NOT XL...it is more a women's medium.

I would prefer a women's style/cut, but I am forced to buy a men's XL....this makes the fit tight up top, but baggy at the waist. Could we please get some larger women's sizes then to appease curvier women?

Also, V-neck would be WONDERFUL!



...women's shirts are often fitted. A WXL is a WXL, not a WM. I *am* a WM (here and elsewhere), and the WXL is *huge* on me.

fablefire


quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire

WXL is more of a snug-fitting normal WL. My first shirt, Avocado Man (R.I.P.), was purchased as WL. Oops. I can't wear it. I actually have muscle definition in my arms, and enough chest to warp the WL. Buy up *one* size.

shan24


quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

Here are some picks of Anatomy Test:





Ok so I'm probably going to regret posting a pic of myself in there (photoshop contestically speaking) but there ya have it. I know that one is backwards in the mirror but I think you can use your imagination. I didn't trust my 3 year old to take the picture, ha ha. I also threw one in of him too, he was trying to jump into every picture so I took a bunch of him too (of course)

I think the shirt came out great. I was nervous to open the package, which got here in record time by Smartpost btw, but I am very pleased with it. The post its are a little more yellow than I had hoped but I don't think it takes anything away from it at all. My older son and I have both tried our shirts on and I think the post-its line up perfectly with where the organs ought to be. That was my main concern!

I also tried to color the pics to match the true colors of the shirt. Anyway I hope this helps anyone who might still be on the fence.

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
shan24 wrote:Here are some picks of Anatomy Test:





Ok so I'm probably going to regret posting a pic of myself in there (photoshop contestically speaking) but there ya have it. I know that one is backwards in the mirror but I think you can use your imagination. I didn't trust my 3 year old to take the picture, ha ha. I also threw one in of him too, he was trying to jump into every picture so I took a bunch of him too (of course)

I think the shirt came out great. I was nervous to open the package, which got here in record time by Smartpost btw, but I am very pleased with it. The post its are a little more yellow than I had hoped but I don't think it takes anything away from it at all. My older son and I have both tried our shirts on and I think the post-its line up perfectly with where the organs ought to be. That was my main concern!

I also tried to color the pics to match the true colors of the shirt. Anyway I hope this helps anyone who might still be on the fence.



Shan- That printed really well! Your son is adorable too! Nice to see a picture of you. I don't remember you posting your picture in the main forum when a bunch of the designers were posting pictures of themselves. So, it's nice to see the face behind the design.

It actually looks really great on the shirt. You took a lot of grief over that design and I'm glad to see that it printed well for you. The shirt looks great. Congratulations! You might want to post a similar picture in the reckoning link.

ShekTek- Just got my fish one today. Very cute and it printed beautifully.

Andy47240


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
shan24 wrote:

I also tried to color the pics to match the true colors of the shirt. Anyway I hope this helps anyone who might still be on the fence.


It came out great. Thanks for posting pics of it.
-Andy



Iambusyeating


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating

My twin sister got a copy and sent me a picture:


klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Iambusyeating wrote:My twin sister got a copy and sent me a picture:



Hi Iambusy....
Looks like it printed even better than your pictured design. Glad you went with the squiggly equal sign.

Looks like the perfect shirt for those that are mathematically inclined.

Casketgarden


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Casketgarden

Here's hoping I figured out how to post pics... The Lightning One was a little darker than I was hoping but Please Dont Feed the Whatever It Is is pretty cool.






And good gravy I need to shave....





SailorButterfly


quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

Does the lightning one glow in the dark pretty well?

You rock for having an Underworld poster, too. :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

shan24


quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
SailorButterfly wrote:Does the lightning one glow in the dark pretty well?

You rock for having an Underworld poster, too. :-)


Yeah, I wonder how possible it would be for someone to take a picture of it glowing in the dark?

Casketgarden


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Casketgarden
SailorButterfly wrote:Does the lightning one glow in the dark pretty well?

You rock for having an Underworld poster, too. :-)




Meh, about as expected. Once you let your eyes adjust to the darkness you can make it out but the glow parts to the shirt are rather small. I dont see it ever happening where someone would yell "ZOMG IT'S A FLOATING LIGHTNING BOLT!!@#!@#!"

Gah! The poster made it in the background. If you ever buy movie posters know they are of extremely low quality and even framed, if you live in an area with humidity, they will wrinkle. I'm frustrated as hell...

Don

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

thatrobert wrote:There's another thread talking about this. GF12 mentioned that AA's quality can be spotty since the employees are paid for speed. That doesn't quite explain what you've seen and I've seen in that darker shirts seem to be smaller...


I find that the size of my shirts depends on whether or not there are seams going down the sides. The ones without are larger.

Here's an awesome shirt. Horrible picture of me, but I like the shirt. For anyone curious about sizing it's a WM and I'm around 5'3.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
superspryte wrote:I find that the size of my shirts depends on whether or not there are seams going down the sides. The ones without are larger.

Here's an awesome shirt. Horrible picture of me, but I like the shirt. For anyone curious about sizing it's a WM and I'm around 5'3.



That must be a feature of the women's shirts. I have no shirts without seams...

SailorButterfly


quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
superspryte wrote:I find that the size of my shirts depends on whether or not there are seams going down the sides. The ones without are larger.

Here's an awesome shirt. Horrible picture of me, but I like the shirt. For anyone curious about sizing it's a WM and I'm around 5'3.



Cute.

I almost freaked, though...my coworker (and friend) has that exact same calendar hanging in her cubicle. I just spend an hour in there talking to her and looking at it, so when I hopped on here afterwards and saw it, I was like O___O l o l

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

Kesrael


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kesrael

For whatever reason, the pic came out a little blurry but I love the shirt. In the pic, the background color of the shirt (asphault) looks lighter than the actual color of the shirt. This is a women's XL - I usually buy large but went with everyone's advice and ordered a size up. I like the way it fits and no worries about it shrinking because I don't put my clothes in the dryer. The plus side of having a large basement means you can hang your clothes up! : D

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

thatrobert wrote:That must be a feature of the women's shirts. I have no shirts without seams...


If you look closely at that one you can see there aren't any seams. ^_^ I believe Patchitect said his *don't* have seams. This is very interesting.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Andy47240


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Kesrael wrote:For whatever reason, the pic came out a little blurry but I love the shirt. In the pic, the background color of the shirt (asphault) looks lighter than the actual color of the shirt. This is a women's XL - I usually buy large but went with everyone's advice and ordered a size up. I like the way it fits and no worries about it shrinking because I don't put my clothes in the dryer. The plus side of having a large basement means you can hang your clothes up! : D

Looks very nice. Have fun with it Friday!
-Andy



klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

The colors in the lemmings shirt look much lighter than the original design. Maybe they did this on purpose to avoid the dark on dark problems of other earlier designs.

Jimiyo's shirt arrived today. Fantastic print job Woot. WOW! The design is amazingly well done, but Woot also did an exceptional job printing it. There's a lot of ink on the Jimiyo shirt! WOW! I'll try to get a picture tomorrow with natural lighting.

Thanks for posting a picture of the lemming shirt. Is that light brown really such an orangey-caramel color...or is it lightened due to a flash?