kriscad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kriscad
Pyrin wrote:I got my own shirt a couple days ago too, and took some photos of it. I was a little concerned when the design was posted because Woot altered some of the colors, but it turned out pretty good.

For sizing reference: I'm 5' 4", 120 lbs., wearing women's size M.

great feeling to see your artwork on a shirt?

Pyrin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pyrin
kriscad wrote:great feeling to see your artwork on a shirt?

I've done shirt designs for school clubs and such, so it's not an entirely new experience. But it definitely never gets old. ;D

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kriscad wrote:great feeling to see your artwork on a shirt?

Thanks for this picture. I sent my daughter a M and she would have liked it smaller. I thought she was nuts, but judging from this, the small would fit.
You didn't wash that before the picture, did you?

btw, now I'm depressed....I was never as small as my daughter, but I do remember 120 lbs....those were the good old days!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Pyrin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pyrin
dontwantaname wrote:Thanks for this picture. I sent my daughter a M and she would have liked it smaller. I thought she was nuts, but judging from this, the small would fit.
You didn't wash that before the picture, did you?

btw, now I'm depressed....I was never as small as my daughter, but I do remember 120 lbs....those were the good old days!

The photo is before washing, yes. I was mostly taking it to show how the design turned out. I'll take another photo after it's washed if you'd like?

Hehe, I won't be 120 for long if I don't get off my butt and exercise more! XD I am so out of shape. XP

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Pyrin wrote:The photo is before washing, yes. I was mostly taking it to show how the design turned out. I'll take another photo after it's washed if you'd like?

Hehe, I won't be 120 for long if I don't get off my butt and exercise more! XD I am so out of shape. XP

I have ordered enough woot shirts to know how much it will shrink. Thanks anyway!
It will shrink a half size or so, and by the looks of the photo, you will still be fine.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kriscad

fackoph wrote:Here are pictures of the shirts I received for my own design. Pictured are a women's medium and a men's XL. I'd have to say that my only problem with how they were printed (Compared against how I wanted them to look) is that they are printed about 4" lower than I would have wanted. I wanted the top block to be high on the shoulder and the main section of the building to be at chest level. I think woot may be constrained by how high they can print on a shirt, and put the top block as high as they could have went.

In summary, not exactly what I was hoping for, but not disappointed.

i really liked that design... i think when they printed it, they may have been worried about the hem hitting the flood bar and squeegee over n over, which could result in messing up the screen, especially with that many imprints.

kriscad

[quote postid="1639854" user="dontwantaname"]I have ordered enough woot shirts to know how much it will shrink. Thanks anyway!
It will shrink a half size or so, and by the looks of the photo, you will still be fine.[/quote

i wash my shirts in cold water then hang dry them...

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

A science experiment brought to you by shirt.woot.

I received my The Rustic yesterday, and my Capture of the Puffaluffs today, and I decided to do some serious research into the sizing dilemma. To do this, the puffaluffs had to be sacrificed, so I threw them into the wash indiscriminately. While in the wash, since I was unable to photograph myself, I took this photograph of The Rustic on top of a "regular" mens XL shirt.

As you can see, the sizes are not TOO dissimilar, though there's a distinct difference in the shoulder/upper chest, and an obvious length difference. A couple hours later, the puffs came out of the dryer, and I compared the shrunken shirt to my precious, now-irreplaceable rustic.

Again, it's not too far off, with most of the shrinkage at the shoulders and a lot of length lost, but still reasonably close as it tapers to the bottom.

Both shirts look great. The spots on the Rustic photo are from the camera or lighting (the shirt itself is flawless). And yes, the puffaluff faces are completely visible on the actual shirt... they're just a bit small to see from the distance and angle I was photographing at. My only comment is that the inks are a little thin in places, and the shirt colour bleeds through a bit, but by and large, I love how they look.

As for the fit? Well, both shirts are men's XLs. I'm 5'8", 200, and the weight is a gut, not muscles. Unwashed, the woots feel amazing. I love the material, and they fit well. They're not as loose as my shirts normally are, but they don't hug me either... this is to say, it's more form fitting definitely, but there's enough room to breathe and it refrains from accentuating my body's negative aspects. Washed and dried callously, it's really not much snugger, and still looks fine to me. It's incentive to tone up a bit, but it still looks good as I am. I can't wholeheartedly recommend the XL to everyone who normally wears XLs, but I'd say most people will be fine with it. I would definitely, however, say that anyone with broad shoulders for their frame should probably go a step up.

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r

I never ever play without my panda polo shirt on....

Buffbill_ox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Buffbill_ox

sweet...............

Emerson iTone iPod Docking Station - Woot Cellars Polyphemus - 9 Random Craps! - Nike Nano Armband - 3 Monkeys - Emergency Roadside Kits - Bacon Salt - Flashing woot off lights - Tons of woot shirts

pennylaned

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennylaned
darthv8r wrote:weird pic

I think I am in the same league!

kriscad

Buffbill_ox wrote:sweet...............

snort! i just got my wine bottle finally too@

huge bottle!

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley

Wurde. Woot did a fantastic job, they made the shirt look great.

I'm 5'11/130 pounds for reference.

Check out my blog:Here!

Ledbetterus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ledbetterus
derekfilley wrote:

Wurde. Woot did a fantastic job, they made the shirt look great.

I'm 5'11/130 pounds for reference.

I agree, I got my Sun Decay on Wednesday and it's a great looking shirt :D

Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."

Toyfare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Toyfare

I'll be the sasquatch model when I get home. I'll show off my 3x tees that I have washed. For your info: 6'5", 300lbs. Hairy....sasquatch.

Pensketch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pensketch

Here's my daughter showing off her shirt:

AdderXYU

That came out real nice, Pen. What size is that, for the increasingly vocal "we need kids shirts" contingent?

allawayr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allawayr

Would anyone be so inclined to post a picture of "Счастливый Пятидесятый День рождения!" That'd be nice...

pg5of16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pg5of16

I'll see what I can do.

>[size=5"/>]n[/size]

MonkeyKungFu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MonkeyKungFu
allawayr wrote:Would anyone be so inclined to post a picture of "Счастливый Пятидесятый День рождения!" That'd be nice...

Sorry for the poor lighting and graininess. Taken before being washed. 5'9" 150 lbs for reference. Pretty much the raddest shirt I own.

allawayr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allawayr
MonkeyKungFu wrote:

Sorry for the poor lighting and graininess. Taken before being washed. 5'9" 150 lbs for reference. Pretty much the raddest shirt I own.

Awesome! Thanks a lot you've sold me on shelling out the 15 bucks. :D

jubie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jubie

My Sun Decay still hasn't come yet .. PoO!

goldfishinapicklejar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldfishinapicklejar

AdderXYU

That came out really damn nice. Definitely looks like something you could wear year-round, even.

Pensketch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pensketch
AdderXYU wrote:That came out real nice, Pen. What size is that, for the increasingly vocal "we need kids shirts" contingent?

It's women's Medium.

Tegeril

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tegeril
Pensketch wrote:It's women's Medium.

Seems like a Women's small would potentially provide a more snug-kid-fit but would probably still be a bit loose.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Tegeril wrote:Seems like a Women's small would potentially provide a more snug-kid-fit but would probably still be a bit loose.

My 1.5 year old wears a woot women's small. It's long but not that loose. The women's sizes are ridiculously small.

vishneda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vishneda

I got my shirt today... snapped a few photos for those of you who were interested. Sorry for the wrinkles, I literally just threw it on out of the mailer. (Shirt is men's medium size)

(Faces changed to protect the innocent)

I'm very pleased with the text size. Online you get the impression that it's going to be a lot smaller than it looks in person. Very easy to read as well, because the real life blue is a little darker than the screen.

Tegeril

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tegeril

What size is that?

vishneda

Tegeril wrote:What size is that?

Mens Medium. Sorry, should have said so in the original post.

pg5of16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pg5of16
vishneda wrote:I got my shirt today... snapped a few photos for those of you who were interested. Sorry for the wrinkles, I literally just threw it on out of the mailer. (Shirt is men's medium size)

I'm very pleased with the text size. Online you get the impression that it's going to be a lot smaller than it looks in person. Very easy to read as well, because the real life blue is a little darker than the screen.

Cool. I was worried that the text might be too small.

>[size=5"/>]n[/size]

AdderXYU

Another one that looks really nice... it's not my bag, but the sugar crash came out a lot better than I'd expected. Congrats, Vish.

savv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages savv

just to throw in my 2 cents for the women's shirt sizing

i bought a women's large and it fits perfect. i am 5' 5" 130lbs. i am really a t-shirt fan and typically i wear guys XS from Lucky Brand. womens large is very comparable to that, especially after washed and dryed once. form fitting and the bottom hangs down to sit right at the hips.

DUDE4253

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DUDE4253

My two shirts
Decomposition

and Wave Function

sorry about the crappy photos (cell phone cam) I'm trying to get them up before work. for reference they are both larges, I'm 6'1" and 160lbs. They hang down fine but from what i hear they shrink when you wash them , i just got them so as they are now a large fits fine

ajluckey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajluckey

Anyone have pictures of the WXL? I have one on the way, but am wondering how it compares to the Men's L.....

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
ajluckey wrote:Anyone have pictures of the WXL? I have one on the way, but am wondering how it compares to the Men's L.....

I have one of each, I'll try to get pics up soon.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
vishneda wrote:I got my shirt today... snapped a few photos for those of you who were interested. Sorry for the wrinkles, I literally just threw it on out of the mailer. (Shirt is men's medium size)

Sweet! That looks a lot better than I thought it would. I may have to fork over the $15 now.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

adpham2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adpham2
MonkeyKungFu wrote:

awesome...what size shirt is that?!

adpham2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adpham2

what's your height and weight if you dont mind me asking?

vishneda

adpham2 wrote:what's your height and weight if you dont mind me asking?

5'5", 150 lbs