AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

Much as I love the printing on every shirt I've bought so far, that one, as well as the halloween moon, leads me to believe that woot simply shouldn't print livetraces. At least not yet.

geekfactor12


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
AdderXYU wrote:Much as I love the printing on every shirt I've bought so far, that one, as well as the halloween moon, leads me to believe that woot simply shouldn't print livetraces. At least not yet.



Your instincts are totally dead on. Live traces need a lot of cleaning up before they're at a point that will look nice on a shirt. (Same situation with most small half-tone patterns, so I'm glad Woot laid down the law on those already.)

ricepowered


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ricepowered

what shirt size do i get? i'm a guy 5'7"ish 135lbs. 29in waist but 37inch chest. 25inches from neck to waist. i fit into size medium GUESS shirts.
from reading whats been posted, i'm thinking a men's medium or small. but looking at the sizing chart, if i get a medium, my chest will fit but it'll make me look fat. if i get a small, my pecs will explode out but the waist will be fine. looking for a second opinion.
whats the length for smalls and mediums?

MHBoston


quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston

.

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 28 | k.w ~ 1 |

whynotus


quality posts: 1 Private Messages whynotus



chimpanzee robusto being displayed at an adams morgan bar

AnGeLiCbOrIs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs
ricepowered wrote:what shirt size do i get? i'm a guy 5'7"ish 135lbs. 29in waist but 37inch chest. 25inches from neck to waist. i fit into size medium GUESS shirts.
from reading whats been posted, i'm thinking a men's medium or small. but looking at the sizing chart, if i get a medium, my chest will fit but it'll make me look fat. if i get a small, my pecs will explode out but the waist will be fine. looking for a second opinion.
whats the length for smalls and mediums?



I'd get a Medium!

I'm 5'9", 150 lbs, 33" waist and I wear a Large woot shirt. They arrive a bit big on me but shrink BIG TIME in the laundry. The one M I've ordered is now too small.

mihalis aya


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya

First, the specs: I'm 5'2", 150lbs, exceptionally short torsoed. Waist 30", chest 39.5"/34D. I wear a size 8-12 in most women's clothing, a 10 or 12 in fitted and sized shirts.

Now, in the fine tradition of bathroom mirror photos... (no, I don't know why the colour of my wall is so varied. It's actually off white. The shirts themselves are at least similar to real life.)



So you want to destroy my chainmail? was my first woot shirt, and is pictured here being incredibly wrinkled. It's a Men's Small and fits fine. Like most men's shirts, though, I find the cut to be boxy. I'm short but quite curvy, so having it fit nicely in the chest and a little tight across the hips/lovehandle area plus being loose at the waist is kind of off-putting. All woot shirts are too long on me, but I actually like that in a t-shirt, so no complaints here.




My mom got one of the Be The Monkey shirts the first time around, and decided it was too small/tight for her, so I was excited to get it. It is a Women's Large. I love how this fits: very comfortable, fitted without being too tight. However, I'm absolutely terrified of it shrinking or of me putting on a couple of pounds. I know AA shirts are known to shrink, so I'm being super careful with this one when washing.




This one isn't a woot shirt. It's from threadless, which uses the same cut of women's AA tees as woot; since I won't have the rest of my woot shirts until January, I thought I'd substitute for size purposes. It's not pulled down all the way in this photo--it's actually quite a bit longer--and is a Women's XL. I love this one best of all the sizes. It's not much larger than the WL, but the small difference makes me a lot more comfortable about being accidentally unkind to it when laundering. It fits nicely and is neither too tight nor too loose in any odd places.

pg5of16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pg5of16

Woo! Pascals Shirt came on Saturday, awesome! Hadn't got a chance to uplaod till today.

Mens XL, Unwashed, 6'3 180.



I'm not sure what that bulge is supposed to be...

Also got my CTP a few days ago. Great Shirt! Still love that little dinosaur...

Same stuff as above, but this one is washed.


I'm sure I look very manly right now, two baby blue shirts in a row...

>[size=5"/>]n[/size]

Pyrin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pyrin
pg5of16 wrote:Woo! Pascals Shirt came on Saturday, awesome! Hadn't got a chance to uplaod till today.


Cool! I got mine last week, but held off on taking photos. There was a minor misprint that I informed Woot about so that they could fix the screens for future prints (if any XP)- one of the screens for the smaller sized shirts (WS-WXL, MS) wasn't burned right, and a triangle was getting filled in where it shouldn't. They said they'd send me replacement shirts, which wasn't my aim, but was nice of them anyway. ...Unfortunately I just got the new shirts today, and they have the same misprint. XD; Oh well... It's only really noticeable when you're up close, anyway.



(Sorry for the eXtreme lighting!!1! My bedroom window was my only good light source- I would have gone outside but I'm giving them to my family for Christmas, and didn't want them to see it. =X)

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz

does anyone have a link to that pic of George Bush sr. wearing the Duct Tape shirt with W and Laura?

pg5of16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pg5of16
Pyrin wrote:Cool! I got mine last week, but held off on taking photos. There was a minor misprint that I informed Woot about so that they could fix the screens for future prints (if any XP)- one of the screens for the smaller sized shirts (WS-WXL, MS) wasn't burned right, and a triangle was getting filled in where it shouldn't. They said they'd send me replacement shirts, which wasn't my aim, but was nice of them anyway. ...Unfortunately I just got the new shirts today, and they have the same misprint. XD; Oh well... It's only really noticeable when you're up close, anyway.

Pic

(Sorry for the eXtreme lighting!!1! My bedroom window was my only good light source- I would have gone outside but I'm giving them to my family for Christmas, and didn't want them to see it. =X)



The only problem I've had with the shirt so far is that my parents don't understand it. I tried explaining Pascal etc., but its not always an easy aspect to grasp. So, if a math inept person asks you what the shirt is, I'd advise just pointing to the triforce and saying Zelda.

And, just to assure potential buyers, the largest triangle is visible. Not quite as much as I'd hoped, but it is distinguishable from the shirt color.

Maybe with all the money you're raking in, you can buy a proper window frame :P.

>[size=5"/>]n[/size]

Pyrin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pyrin
pg5of16 wrote:The only problem I've had with the shirt so far is that my parents don't understand it. I tried explaining Pascal etc., but its not always an easy aspect to grasp. So, if a math inept person asks you what the shirt is, I'd advise just pointing to the triforce and saying Zelda.

And, just to assure potential buyers, the largest triangle is visible. Not quite as much as I'd hoped, but it is distinguishable from the shirt color.

Maybe with all the money you're raking in, you can buy a proper window frame :P.


And if even Zelda is lost on them, then it's just a repeating triangle pattern. ;D

Hah, yeah, our house is under a bit of construction. That's actually not even a curtain, it's a sheet I tacked up. XD; We just installed a curtain rod the other day, though, so I get to put up some real curtains now! Hooray! :P

stdcap31


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stdcap31

So, for starters I don't have a log in for woot, this is my boyfriend's..

anyway, i've gone through this whole thread trying to figure out what shirt size to actually get! why do they make this difficult for women?
I think i am leaning toward a WL, but I'm afraid it will be too short, and too tight in the bust, but i don't want a men's tent either...
i'm 5'7, ~140lb, 38in bust.

all the previous posters have been a good deal shorter than me, so i guess to them: are your WL shirts a good length for someone closer to 5'5 or less? or are they too long?

if anyone is willing to measure from the armpit down, i'm really hoping for 18"... even if it's pre-washing, i'll totally hang dry!

Thank you

EDIT:
Ok, after more searching, i found that the length should be no problem. if i remember, i'll post a pic. i will definitely if it doesn't fit right! hohoho!.

dekonstruct


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct

Wow, all of these shirts look so great, it makes me want to forgo all the print on demand options and just try really hard to get a shirt printed on here.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

I know it's been posted, but I took some close-ups of my octopus shirt... it is really and truly perfect, and I want to show it off. You should really buy it, because it came out a million times better than the OyCat, yet is in danger of being reckoned while the other is not.

Diver:


Octos:

Toward the edges here, you can see the true colour of "lemon"... I still find it to be a very light yellow, though definitely yellow.

And since it came in as well, the very-prematurely-axed "Cassette Taps":

mihalis aya


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
stdcap31 wrote:
Ok, after more searching, i found that the length should be no problem. if i remember, i'll post a pic. i will definitely if it doesn't fit right! hohoho!.



Length should be fine. I'm 5'2" and it comes down well past my hips in the WL or WXL--I'm talking at a length that would be considered an acceptable minidress for someone with smaller thighs and a willigness to wear leggings underneath or pull a Britney.

It really comes down to how tight you're comfortable with your chest. If there's an American Apparel store near you, that might be a good way to try?

egsaba


quality posts: 0 Private Messages egsaba
Pyrin wrote:Cool! I got mine last week, but held off on taking photos. There was a minor misprint that I informed Woot about so that they could fix the screens for future prints (if any XP)- one of the screens for the smaller sized shirts (WS-WXL, MS) wasn't burned right, and a triangle was getting filled in where it shouldn't. They said they'd send me replacement shirts, which wasn't my aim, but was nice of them anyway. ...Unfortunately I just got the new shirts today, and they have the same misprint. XD; Oh well... It's only really noticeable when you're up close, anyway.



(Sorry for the eXtreme lighting!!1! My bedroom window was my only good light source- I would have gone outside but I'm giving them to my family for Christmas, and didn't want them to see it. =X)



Where is the misprint exactly? I tried to do a compare with your pic and the woot page but couldn't see the difference

MiracleMax


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MiracleMax
stdcap31 wrote:So, for starters I don't have a log in for woot, this is my boyfriend's..

anyway, i've gone through this whole thread trying to figure out what shirt size to actually get! why do they make this difficult for women?
I think i am leaning toward a WL, but I'm afraid it will be too short, and too tight in the bust, but i don't want a men's tent either...
i'm 5'7, ~140lb, 38in bust.

all the previous posters have been a good deal shorter than me, so i guess to them: are your WL shirts a good length for someone closer to 5'5 or less? or are they too long?

if anyone is willing to measure from the armpit down, i'm really hoping for 18"... even if it's pre-washing, i'll totally hang dry!

Thank you

EDIT:
Ok, after more searching, i found that the length should be no problem. if i remember, i'll post a pic. i will definitely if it doesn't fit right! hohoho!.



I'm almost exactly the same as you, and personally I can wear the WL, but the WXL is a better fit, especially in the chest area. WM fits too, but it super snug. Length is definitely not a problem, I love how long these shirts are compared to regular t-shirts.

Pyrin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pyrin
egsaba wrote:Where is the misprint exactly? I tried to do a compare with your pic and the woot page but couldn't see the difference


Like I said, it's pretty minor. That's why I linked the closeup picture, because you really can't see it from a distance. But here it is pointed out:



The tip of that triangle shouldn't be filled in. :3 That's all; nothing huge, but it does kind of break the pattern. XD

kriscad


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kriscad
aegis72 wrote:Actress and Model Natasha Yi has sent me a picture of her wearing my "Wave Function" shirt:




this is one that I do wear alot... nice design.

lilacjive


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilacjive

My Caution Octopus' in WM, fits great:


It was a little more yellow than I was expecting, but the detail came out perfect. I love it!

lildevil


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lildevil

Here's my Shark Attack! shirt.

I'm 5'2", 120lbs, 34d, usually wearing a juniors' S or size 1. The shirt pictured is a WM. After reading the comments I bought a WM but wish I bought a WS instead. I don't think AA sizing is small, but that's probably because I shop in the junior's section.

The shirt is long and very loose at the waist, but I like how it fits at the hips. I was hoping for a "girly" fit rather than this "boyish" fit, though.

gstarsf


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gstarsf

anyone have a pic of the Camisa de los Muertos shirt???

Thanks!

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
gstarsf wrote:anyone have a pic of the Camisa de los Muertos shirt???

Thanks!



I'd like to see that one too!

jamescho84


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84

I was looking for this thread all over the place :P must've skipped it a hundred times. On another note, awesome! all the shirts look great

Bryan818


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
AdderXYU wrote:I know it's been posted, but I took some close-ups of my octopus shirt... it is really and truly perfect, and I want to show it off. You should really buy it, because it came out a million times better than the OyCat, yet is in danger of being reckoned while the other is not.

Diver:


Octos:

Toward the edges here, you can see the true colour of "lemon"... I still find it to be a very light yellow, though definitely yellow.

And since it came in as well, the very-prematurely-axed "Cassette Taps":



did they reckon the cassette already?

Please check it out

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Bryan818 wrote:did they reckon the cassette already?



It died on its first reckoning

gutsmasher77


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gutsmasher77


to the haters and crehaters i got my shirt and i do not like you!

hotcha42


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotcha42
gutsmasher77 wrote:
to the haters and crehaters i got my shirt and i do not like you!



It turned out nice! Nice haircut, too, l.o.l.

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect

clintondavidn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages clintondavidn

I am monkeyshining all day long!!! WHOO HOOO!!!

WonderWooter


quality posts: 6 Private Messages WonderWooter



the fly the furry skies came today, here are some quick shots!


Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.

Toyfare


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Toyfare



Got my scurvy shirt today. Love it FableFire!



I also received my CAKE IS A LIAR shirt. I also love the orangeness.

AnGeLiCbOrIs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs

dekonstruct


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
AnGeLiCbOrIs wrote:



Oh wow, that came in really well. Is that sparklies in the grey shadow? Nice!

riffmaster18


quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18

Does anyone have a pic of either of the shirts in my sig? Urban Ice turned out well, I'd love to get a picture on here before it gets reckoned but my camera is broken...


Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar


It Might Have Been a Giant

The black is a lot darker, but I think the flash lightened it a bit.

Love it! =D

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
dekonstruct wrote:Oh wow, that came in really well. Is that sparklies in the grey shadow? Nice!



I doubt it. Woot doesn't do "sparklies". Guessing it's glare from the flash.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

My wine.woot, shirt.woot.



from this purchase

Now if they could just incorporate a shirt.woot with wine.woot AND woot.

I also think it's a good image to show the cream colour. =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
eyeslikesugar wrote:I doubt it. Woot doesn't do "sparklies". Guessing it's glare from the flash.



I think they're sneaking in the sparklies here and there. My Dissipate had a very sparkly IBM logo.