+ Add a Comment

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
geekfactor12 wrote:That looks really awesome, klswoot! I think I like the new color even better.

Does anyone have an unbleached Full of Ink? I don't think I saw an image posted, and I'm curious about the visibility.

Me too! That's why I posted the picture. I figured others might like it better too. The color is like a cocoa brown....not too dark and not too like and has a slight warmth to it. I actually really like the bleached shade and now it's like having two shirts! (Since I still have one in the asphalt!)

As for Full of Ink....I think user 'dontwantaname' posted before and after pictures of her Full of Ink shirts. Look under the forum thread for Mihalis' design....towards the end.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
klswoot wrote:As for Full of Ink....I think user 'dontwantaname' posted before and after pictures of her Full of Ink shirts. Look under the forum thread for Mihalis' design....towards the end.

Yep, found it. Thanks for the tip. If anyone else wants to check it out, here's the link.

After seeing that picture, I think I'm going to have to be more careful about the colors I use on asphalt in the future, that color seems pretty unforgiving.

klswoot

geekfactor12 wrote:Yep, found it. Thanks for the tip. If anyone else wants to check it out, here's the link.

After seeing that picture, I think I'm going to have to be more careful about the colors I use on asphalt in the future, that color seems pretty unforgiving.

Yes. I agree. I think dark colors on asphalt are going to be tough. Looks like the lighter colors show up great. Definitely something to keep in mind for future design. TGentry's eating healthy looks great on the asphalt as you can see from the above pictures.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

AnGeLiCbOrIs wrote:

Boris, I'm wearing Delicious right now and while I adore it, I feel that from a distance it has a distinct holiday appearance to it because of all the red and green. What do you think?

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

lildevil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lildevil

aw, someone got to it before me! here is my "delicious" shirt anyways:

it fits tighter than my navy blue "shark attack!" shirt. that one washed & dried a few times fits about the same as this brand new shirt.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

geekfactor12 wrote:That looks really awesome, klswoot! I think I like the new color even better.

Does anyone have an unbleached Full of Ink? I don't think I saw an image posted, and I'm curious about the visibility.

I took this before bleaching, but the color isn't showing up right

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Anyone get Watch it Grow yet? I'm really anxious/nervous to see how it printed...

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya

My girlfriend

And me, both pulling funny faces.

I'm a little disappointed with the asphalt. The purple stood out so brightly on the screen, but in life it's only that vibrant in the sun (both of these were taken in the gloom of the house, too, which probably didn't help). I had tried a few lighter shades and felt they didn't stand out on the grey at all; I guess the lesson to take away here is that lots of things look awesome on the asphalt on screen, but only lighter colours can handle it on the shirt IF you're doing fine lines. I think the purple could still work in a heavy filled area, like the green does for tgentry's shirt. Lesson for the future. I noticed in person (and then checked online) that woot did change my called-for navy to black for the pen. I'm glad they did: the navy would not have shown up well. The black pops in person, though not on my camera, apparently. Why I chose the one angle that makes my chest look flat...

Aha!

After all the trouble it took to get it, of course I danced!

I agree that the silver colour would have been ideal, and wish woot offered it.

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz

here's black lagoon spawn and eating healthy....both came out great color/design wise. Frankly, I think lagoon spawn might be my favorite woot shirt..it's really awesome. and the fish look fine to me. I'm just pissed about the design being off center so noticeably. It's at least an inch off to the left (right in the pic). which means it's about 6 inches from the left sleeve seam and 8.5 from the right (I measured it)

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
mihalis aya wrote:

I'm a little disappointed with the asphalt. The purple stood out so brightly on the screen, but in life it's only that vibrant in the sun (both of these were taken in the gloom of the house, too, which probably didn't help). I had tried a few lighter shades and felt they didn't stand out on the grey at all; I guess the lesson to take away here is that lots of things look awesome on the asphalt on screen, but only lighter colours can handle it on the shirt IF you're doing fine lines. I think the purple could still work in a heavy filled area, like the green does for tgentry's shirt. Lesson for the future. I noticed in person (and then checked online) that woot did change my called-for navy to black for the pen. I'm glad they did: the navy would not have shown up well. The black pops in person, though not on my camera, apparently. Why I chose the one angle that makes my chest look flat...

Aha!
After all the trouble it took to get it, of course I danced!

I agree that the silver colour would have been ideal, and wish woot offered it.

You and your girlfriend are SO CUTE!! And you two look like fun ladies. =) Just had to say. =3

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

Got my Patriot Wings shirt today. I very happy with how it turned out!

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz

watch it grow came out GREAT! it really pops off the shirt!

tgentry

Staff

brizz wrote:watch it grow came out GREAT! it really pops off the shirt!

Awesome! I was worried some of the smaller details wouldn't show up, but it looks like they did a fantastic job! Thanks Woot!

jamescho84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84

Could someone be kind enough to post an Alice shirt when you get one? Thanks a bunchies :D

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
eyeslikesugar wrote:You and your girlfriend are SO CUTE!! And you two look like fun ladies. =) Just had to say. =3

Aww, thank you. We think we're cute, too. Buy more shirts and keep us extra cute in woot shirt heaven? Anyone?

tgentry

Staff

Got my Watch it Grow today...

I'm really happy about how they printed, thanks for a job well done Woot!

klswoot

tgentry wrote:Got my Watch it Grow today...

I'm really happy about how they printed, thanks for a job well done Woot!

Looks great! We just received ours too! I think we should use you as our woot model. Great pose and great fit!

tgentry

Staff

klswoot wrote:Looks great! We just received ours too! I think we should use you as our woot model. Great pose and great fit!

Ha, thanks. But I don't think it would work out. I'm kind of blurry. It's a medical condition actually, I'm blurry in real life.

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926
primaryism wrote:Now: My woot shirt collection!

Very nice work with the montages!

[MOD: No advertising please]

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12

Here's how the Alice shirt turned out:

I'm not totally pleased with how Alice's face printed, but the rest is awesome. My next project is to make a pillow out of this thing (I don't wear white shirts).

tomwelden3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomwelden3
geekfactor12 wrote:Here's how the Alice shirt turned out:

I'm not totally pleased with how Alice's face printed, but the rest is awesome. My next project is to make a pillow out of this thing (I don't wear white shirts).

did you have cracks in the design that dont seem they belong. wondering if mine is a misprint.

sharplax45

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharplax45

Here's my All is Calm, the shirt is growing on me (figuratively...not literally), and I like it!

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
tomwelden3 wrote:did you have cracks in the design that dont seem they belong. wondering if mine is a misprint.

I got my two Alice shirts and they do not have the cracks that you mentioned. I would say that yours is a misprint.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
dontwantaname wrote:Same guy, different shirt. Also a M, but washed many times.
What? You guys don't buy clothes to match your pets????

Yes, it is a rat. They make amazingly nice pets, sort of like little cats. But you should have 2 so you don't have to be the only friend the rat has.

Rats are the BEST pets! However, I think of them as little dogs, not cats.

goldfishinapicklejar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldfishinapicklejar
brizz wrote:watch it grow came out GREAT! it really pops off the shirt!

I got this one and the caterpillar, they both turned out perfectly amazing. good job artists.

goldfishinapicklejar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldfishinapicklejar
tomwelden3 wrote:did you have cracks in the design that dont seem they belong. wondering if mine is a misprint.

Those "Cracks" i believe are part of the design, they aren't really cracks... unless they are really big, then yours is broken.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

I got my cat carrier shirt. Love the way it came out. The contrasts always look better in person:

klswoot

thatrobert wrote:I got my cat carrier shirt. Love the way it came out. The contrasts always look better in person:

Robert - Your design turned out great! I didn't realize it was going to be so large across the chest. The contrast is great!

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1

Got my edgar shirt .... am ready to post the pictures, but the photobucket site is having maintenance. Will have it up soon hopefully.

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926
jbedwar1 wrote:Got my edgar shirt .... am ready to post the pictures, but the photobucket site is having maintenance. Will have it up soon hopefully.

Throw it on imageshack for now!

[MOD: No advertising please]

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
thatrobert wrote:I got my cat carrier shirt. Love the way it came out. The contrasts always look better in person:

I got mine yesterday, as well, but hadn't had a chance to post a pic. I love it, though it does look unfairly dashing on me.

Also, Mr. Robert, I can't help but notice your fondness for Red. Wasn't your last derby win on that very colour, as well?

jbedwar1

jbedwar1 wrote:Got my edgar shirt .... am ready to post the pictures, but the photobucket site is having maintenance. Will have it up soon hopefully.

You can click on either picture to take you to the purchase page if you decide you want the shirt. This will be available for a Very limited time.

klswoot

jbedwar1 wrote:You can click on either picture to take you to the purchase page if you decide you want the shirt. This will be available for a Very limited time.

Wow! It's amazing that Woot can get these to you so quickly. Awesome! I think it printed really well. Looks great...even with the slime.

Just got my Alice and Caterpillar one today. It will be awhile until I get Edgar's design. Thanks for posting the pictures!

jbedwar1

klswoot wrote:Wow! It's amazing that Woot can get these to you so quickly. Awesome! I think it printed really well. Looks great...even with the slime.

Just got my Alice and Caterpillar one today. It will be awhile until I get Edgar's design. Thanks for posting the pictures!

no problem.... i was happy to spend the extra 5 bucks so that i could show the real look of the shirt. I wubble the template woot uses for shirts... it is so damn ugly ... even for designs that look fantastic. It always takes away from it in my opinion. So i wanted people to see the REAL shirt. And i must say .. this shirt is growing on me more and more each time i look at it. But i love music and instruments. If it didnt have that aspect on the design.. i probably wouldn't have bought it. And i agree with what people are saying about woot picking the least appealing edgar shirt to finally print (doesnt even really have his feel to it if you ask me). He has put out some much more interesting pieces ... and i hope that it is not the only edgar we will see printed.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
AdderXYU wrote:I got mine yesterday, as well, but hadn't had a chance to post a pic. I love it, though it does look unfairly dashing on me.

Also, Mr. Robert, I can't help but notice your fondness for Red. Wasn't your last derby win on that very colour, as well?

Yes my last win was red as well. I actually did not intend to use red for either shirt -- they just looked the best for the design I had put together. I like the look of red on other people but I really prefer my shirts more neutral colors: grayish and dark blue and such. That's why I designed two color schemes for this design and gave Woot the choice on which one they liked. I really preferred the other one since I haven't found a Woot shirt in olive that I've liked enough to buy yet.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
jbedwar1 wrote:You can click on either picture to take you to the purchase page if you decide you want the shirt. This will be available for a Very limited time.

Looks FANTASTIC! I'm excited to receive mine. My first cranberry =3 Thanks for taking the $5 hit to show us how nice it turned out.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

I wish it had a clarinet. I'd definitely buy it with a clarinet.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
jbedwar1 wrote:no problem.... i was happy to spend the extra 5 bucks so that i could show the real look of the shirt. I wubble the template woot uses for shirts... it is so damn ugly ... even for designs that look fantastic. It always takes away from it in my opinion. So i wanted people to see the REAL shirt. And i must say .. this shirt is growing on me more and more each time i look at it. But i love music and instruments. If it didnt have that aspect on the design.. i probably wouldn't have bought it. And i agree with what people are saying about woot picking the least appealing edgar shirt to finally print (doesnt even really have his feel to it if you ask me). He has put out some much more interesting pieces ... and i hope that it is not the only edgar we will see printed.

Considering how few of these sold, I don't think Woot will be in a rush to print another Edgar, which is a real shame.

jbedwar1

snarkygal wrote:Considering how few of these sold, I don't think Woot will be in a rush to print another Edgar, which is a real shame.

unless he wins a derby

jbedwar1

Ok got my Turtle shirt .. and i must say ... This is probably now my favorite woot shirt that i have purchased so far. This thing looks incredible. I'm very pleased with how it turned out.