fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire

AAARghhh... how can people not get this? How can you be on woot.com, and not know what that setup is?

I definitely dig this one, though I'll need to further justify having another asphalt shirt...

dnbdb13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dnbdb13

this is one of the better shirt designs i have seen on here and i finally got one.
first shirt.woot purchase.

shirt.woot purchases:
3892 - urban meltdown
4119 - wave finction
4311 - sigh of relief
4631 - alice painting caterpillar

djchexmixer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages djchexmixer

Damn. I freaking love it....

Awesome, awesome shirt.

SaiKoKilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SaiKoKilla

Now that I've worn and put my two other new woot shirts in the wash and the results were incredible...

They fit so well around my new muscles ^_^

i love these shirts and this design pwns uberness ... especially for a music fiend and audiophile like meeeeeee.

3 Steelsound 5H USB V2 Gaming Headset, 3 Razer Diamondback Chameleon 1600dpi Gaming Mouse, 3 Soyo 5.25 in. Expansion Bay with Removable 9-in-1 Card, 1 Kensington Productivity Bundle, 1 Fixit Signature Series 69 piece 18V Cordless Drill Set, 1 Motorola IM Free Handheld Instant Messenger Kit, 1 Dramatic Jackalope, 1 Capture of the Puffaluffs, 1 Wave Function, 1 For The Birds, 1 USA 2145, 3 Random Shirts (Driving to Work, Deer by Numbers, Stop Digital Piracy), 1 Vandalized Turtle

dopey5007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dopey5007

I like this on, I did DJ'n on the side in the past

i am in for one!

~D

aaronjamesbush

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aaronjamesbush

this shirt is hot but who puts woofers on the top of bookshelf speakers, honestly

bought it

scifiak

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scifiak

This is a very sweet design. However, I'll have to wait to get it later in the week. I have to wait until my shirt.woot funds are replenished.

Tegeril

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tegeril

Less than 10% already!

wingerlb68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wingerlb68

Grrrrrreat shirt for anyone who works with audio. Got one for my monitor engineer too!

melloMaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melloMaster

so would this setup imply that sound is being output through the speakers as well as the into the headphones that are plugged in?? or are we just ignoring that fact?

aaa6112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aaa6112

Am an audio firmware engineer ... dig this ... in for one!!

voteemu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages voteemu

hah. I'm glad someone else picked up on that, too

aaronjamesbush wrote:this shirt is hot but who puts woofers on the top of bookshelf speakers, honestly

Psyphris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Psyphris

Sold out Do they restock shirts at w00t?

Spartacus84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spartacus84

So mad I missed this one... too cheap to pay the 15.00.

cyberninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyberninja

dang, dang, dang...I am way to slow.

Xylitol

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Xylitol

Looking at the blog, there's only been around 4 that I wish I bought. This is not one of them

Grats to the people who got in on this shirt and wanted it

thesonners

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thesonners

wow sold out already? any way i can special purchase this

lilaznsifu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilaznsifu

awesome! i was about to wait til tomorow hehe
this will look good next to avacado man shirt

danii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danii

THANK YOU. we've been overdue for a decent design.

djchexmixer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages djchexmixer

That is what mixers can do ;D

melloMaster wrote:so would this setup imply that sound is being output through the speakers as well as the into the headphones that are plugged in?? or are we just ignoring that fact?

aegis72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aegis72

Thanks everyone! Ireally appreciate the constructive criticism and praise.

You've made my first design a success, which has made my baby girl very happy:

gabis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gabis
goldfishinapicklejar wrote:That's a really neat design. Music is meh though. Great for those music lovers out there though.

Wait, wait... what? Music is 'meh'?! You poor, poor depraved soul. There is SO much music out there, how can you not find something you love? Seriously. Thats like saying food is 'meh', or sex... or hell, life itself.

I mean, obviously, you are entitled to think what you will. I just honestly can't imagine a world without music. Its the one thing I absolutely could not live without, every bit as vital to my existence as food and water.

Not so big on this design, though, but I was too late anyways.

Psystal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Psystal
thesonners wrote:wow sold out already? any way i can special purchase this

You can buy it tomorrow for $15.00 instead of $10.00. Just search for the shirt number.

Or use this:

http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=4119

wootdstewart00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootdstewart00
Minger wrote:debating. Good shirt, but I've got too many shirts...

Yes, but do you have too many GOOD Shirts? Got1 myself.

"The problem with reality is that there is no background music".

Daystar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Daystar

Damit. Really want this shirt.

The sad thing is, I bet theres people out there that dont even like the shirt but bought it anyway! Damn you shirt collecters!

ack154

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ack154

Damn, would have probably bought this. The follow the leader shirt on asphalt was nice... this is a good color and design.

nichowa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nichowa

I know you guys sell more shirts after the initial woot, but it would be nice for those of use who have to get to bed at a reasonable hour to actually be able to buy one when we get up in the morning. All the good shirts last less than a couple hours. You're losing revenue!

fazeshift

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fazeshift
nichowa wrote:I know you guys sell more shirts after the initial woot, but it would be nice for those of use who have to get to bed at a reasonable hour to actually be able to buy one when we get up in the morning. All the good shirts last less than a couple hours. You're losing revenue!

x2. Yet another I'd order for $10, but denied cause I'm not going to stay up all night.

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

nichowa wrote:I know you guys sell more shirts after the initial woot, but it would be nice for those of use who have to get to bed at a reasonable hour to actually be able to buy one when we get up in the morning. All the good shirts last less than a couple hours. You're losing revenue!

fazeshift wrote:x2. Yet another I'd order for $10, but denied cause I'm not going to stay up all night.

Perhaps the first item on book.woot.com will be "Economics for Dummies."

aegis72

wootvan wrote:nichowa wrote:I know you guys sell more shirts after the initial woot, but it would be nice for those of use who have to get to bed at a reasonable hour to actually be able to buy one when we get up in the morning. All the good shirts last less than a couple hours. You're losing revenue!

Perhaps the first item on book.woot.com will be "Economics for Dummies."

Part of the reason for this is that the way that designers can make good money (not that the initial money isn't good) is by selling from the back catalog. Designers make a flat fee on the first day designs sales ; afterwords, we get a bit of a cut on every shirt sold the second day onwards.

Without that potential money, many shirt designers - most of whom do this in addition to 'real' jobs - wouldn't be as motivated to spend all day thinking of radibular designs for you fellows and ladies.

Thanks to all who wooted today, and if you like the shirt, is $5 REALLY that much more? Percentage wise it is, but in the end you'd probably just spend that on food or life-saving medicine anyway. Take the plunge and order it.

Seriously, though - it really feels great to see those emails come in telling me about where they'll be wearing these out, etc. Sort of humbling, really. I'm not sure about the other guys and girls designing here, but for me it's a neat feeling to know that something I drew is going to be on your body every once in a while.

Sincere thanks again,
Don.

ack154

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ack154

Actually they're probably gaining revenue this way.

If they're selling out in an hour or two, they're not losing anything. They were going to sell that many at first no matter what time they went on sale (though staggered sales times would be cool).

Once they're gone the first night, there will be a lot of people who still want them (if they're good) and since they're sold out, those people will have to get them after the first day - and for $5 more.

Tank720

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tank720

Ah bummer. I'm pissed that I missed this woot. I would have gotten it.

awesome design

rltwjsane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rltwjsane

does this count as my first woot if i get it tomorrow?

i love the design... as an electrical engineer that cant go a day without music.... how could i resist?

thanks Aegis72

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

Hmmm. An interesting shirt, but I'm passing on it.

aegis72

Good question...Is a woot just if you get it in the sellout period, or just if you buy something at all? Does anyone know?

Tank - you didn't miss it. You can buy it tomorrow again.

jmacattack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmacattack

I'm going to wear this shirt to all my producer meetings... yeah *imagines wearing shirt*

Anyway, for those wondering you can get the shirt tomarrow, for 15 bucks... don't sweat it.

aegis72

To explain for those who don't get the shirt:

The bars coming out of the speakers are waveforms, which will be familiar to anyone that has used a music editing program (like windows sound recorder or Protools as two extremes).

The item between the turntables is a mixer. It is used to take various inputs and direct these inputs to various outputs... the diagram was done for design first and accuracy second. Technically, an "Out" arrow should be coming off the mixer to the headphones, but it didn't look balanced. Same for the woofer location being at the top (although some studio monitors are built that way, it *is* not common...but it just looked better albeit less accurate.

I never thought that a shirt could have trainspotters...but there we are.

Thanks again for all the support, and buy, buy, buy! Increase American Capitalism lest we face a "Red" 2145! (Current derby joke).

Don.

MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
aegis72 wrote:Good question...Is a woot just if you get it in the sellout period, or just if you buy something at all? Does anyone know?

Tank - you didn't miss it. You can buy it tomorrow again.

a woot is a woot is a woot

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 24 | k.w ~ 1 |

lukekim91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lukekim91
aegis72 wrote:To explain for those who don't get the shirt:

The bars coming out of the speakers are waveforms, which will be familiar to anyone that has used a music editing program (like windows sound recorder or Protools as two extremes).

The item between the turntables is a mixer. It is used to take various inputs and direct these inputs to various outputs... the diagram was done for design first and accuracy second. Technically, an "Out" arrow should be coming off the mixer to the headphones, but it didn't look balanced. Same for the woofer location being at the top (although some studio monitors are built that way, it *is* not common...but it just looked better albeit less accurate.

I never thought that a shirt could have trainspotters...but there we are.

Thanks again for all the support, and buy, buy, buy! Increase American Capitalism lest we face a "Red" 2145! (Current derby joke).

Don.

haha-cool shirt.

just a lil man that loves to draw and look at people's drawings...

vishneda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vishneda
rltwjsane wrote:does this count as my first woot if i get it tomorrow?

Yep.