sparky0913

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparky0913

coolest. shirt. ever. I'm getting one at $15 cause it's sollld out

edit/
I just read:
Thanks to all who wooted today, and if you like the shirt, is $5 REALLY that much more? Percentage wise it is, but in the end you'd probably just spend that on food or life-saving medicine anyway. Take the plunge and order it.

Ahaha that's the best post I've read on these forums! You keep it coming don, you and your shirt designs

lunchbx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lunchbx

This would've been a hard decision, but since it's sold out I save $10 so i'm kinda glad and kinda sad it's sold out, STOP TOYING WITH MY EMOTIONS WOOT!

CHRISTMAS CRAP.

jamesbottomtooth

quality posts: 41 Private Messages jamesbottomtooth

good thing i spent all night reading vibrator.woot or i'd buy another tshirt that i dont need.

blackbenz5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackbenz5

this is without a doubt the sweetest woot to date hands down

Woot this

chemwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chemwolf

The first shirt I wanted since they add 3X and I am stuck on night shift and don't see it until it is gone, bummer.

aegis72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aegis72

There's always tomorrow, Chemwolf! I hear that Plasma is selling well these days . Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Buy Link Below:

nichowa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nichowa
ack154 wrote:Actually they're probably gaining revenue this way.

If they're selling out in an hour or two, they're not losing anything. They were going to sell that many at first no matter what time they went on sale (though staggered sales times would be cool).

Once they're gone the first night, there will be a lot of people who still want them (if they're good) and since they're sold out, those people will have to get them after the first day - and for $5 more.

Well, they are losing my revenue, how's that?

aegis72

The money they lose from you is likely minimal, since their margin isn't that high after shipping and all. The money *I* lose would be substantial, since until a shirt has a retail price in excess of $13 I cannot make a dime on them (other than the initial payment you get for designs). As I mentioned, this would make designers of quality less likely to submit designs, since once you do Woot owns it forever. If I thought I had a rad design that I thought would make a maximum of $500 via Woot, I'd simply make the shirt myself and keep the reprint rights.

But personally, I WOULD like to see them have an easy-to-access back catalog of the non-reckoned shirts. It's pretty tough for people to find the links to old shirts unless they are a woot insider. From this shirt, I got about 30 emails from people asking me how they could still buy it... The blog, for instance, seems to point only to the picture of the shirt, rather than a "buy" link. That's a difficulty.

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
aegis72 wrote:The money they lose from you is likely minimal, since their margin isn't that high after shipping and all. The money *I* lose would be substantial, since until a shirt has a retail price in excess of $13 I cannot make a dime on them (other than the initial payment you get for designs). As I mentioned, this would make designers of quality less likely to submit designs, since once you do Woot owns it forever. If I thought I had a rad design that I thought would make a maximum of $500 via Woot, I'd simply make the shirt myself and keep the reprint rights.

But personally, I WOULD like to see them have an easy-to-access back catalog of the non-reckoned shirts. It's pretty tough for people to find the links to old shirts unless they are a woot insider. From this shirt, I got about 30 emails from people asking me how they could still buy it... The blog, for instance, seems to point only to the picture of the shirt, rather than a "buy" link. That's a difficulty.

/agree

Easy access back catalog would be nice, instead of having to find the reckoning lists and people's "BUY" links.

...and I also agree about the price. I don't know how willing I'd be to sell my copyright on a design for a flat fee of $500. I like the $2/ea incentive. It rewards the design for how well it sells. A flat fee doesn't.

aegis72

They do do the $2 already, but the shirt price has to be $13 or over for it to take affect.

I'd just like for the to do away with the "Sold Out" message, because frankly it is confusing as hell to almost everyone. If they just set the price to $15 after the first 1000 shirts, then there would still be the -$5 incentive for the early adopters.

Another cool option would be to offer the shirt in a special color option for the first $10 shirts only - making a true collector's item available, while artist sales can still stay strong throughout the first day.

vishneda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vishneda
aegis72 wrote:Another cool option would be to offer the shirt in a special color option for the first $10 shirts only - making a true collector's item available, while artist sales can still stay strong throughout the first day.

That's a really awesome idea, but it probably limits the number of shirts they can offer.

It'd be cool of the reckoning post listed "immune" shirts as well, just to round out the catalog. The immune shirts don't need to be ranked, just listed.

Rhowdy17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rhowdy17
aegis72 wrote:

Hey aegis72, great design!
I found the link to purchase past shirts during the woot-off last night, and was glad to have the chance to pick it up.

Thanks again! Looking forward to future designs!!

Last 3 Woots:
  • 05/01/09 (1) Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI
  • 04/02/09 Single Wing Ed Hardy R/C Airplane
  • 10/30/08 (3) Kingston 4GB USB 2.0 Data Traveler Thumbdrive

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

I've already praised this in the post-your-shirts thread, but I thought I should spread the love here, too. I originally bought this on a sleep-induced whim, and was confident I'd regret it in the morning, but I got it today and it's absolutely perfect. Great shirt.

aegis72

AdderXYU wrote:I've already praised this in the post-your-shirts thread, but I thought I should spread the love here, too. I originally bought this on a sleep-induced whim, and was confident I'd regret it in the morning, but I got it today and it's absolutely perfect. Great shirt.

Thanks, guys! This is my first design for Woot, so I wasn't sure how it would turn out. Glad it's a good print. I've sent about 6 other designs to Joel, some of which have been nixed and some of which are pending decision... I don't think I'm supposed to show them until a decsion is made.

fablefire

aegis72 wrote:Thanks, guys! This is my first design for Woot, so I wasn't sure how it would turn out. Glad it's a good print. I've sent about 6 other designs to Joel, some of which have been nixed and some of which are pending decision... I don't think I'm supposed to show them until a decsion is made.

Approximately how long does it take for him to get back to you on the designs?

aegis72

It depends. He's a bit backlogged at the moment. I don't know what is involved with the decision making process, but it does seem to take a while. With this shirt, the decision was pretty instant - it was decided on a Tuesday and on sale the following Monday. But the woot guys don't want an artist up there more than once a month or so, apparently, so it might be a while before the designs are for sale (I'd be eligible for another printing in early December.

fablefire

aegis72 wrote:It depends. He's a bit backlogged at the moment. I don't know what is involved with the decision making process, but it does seem to take a while. With this shirt, the decision was pretty instant - it was decided on a Tuesday and on sale the following Monday. But the woot guys don't want an artist up there more than once a month or so, apparently, so it might be a while before the designs are for sale (I'd be eligible for another printing in early December.

Got it. Thanks for the info. =D

bongofett

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bongofett

AWESOME design - finally got my first woot after much window-shopping.... One fine addition to the old collection

Barrel of Cowpokes | Barrel of Cowpokes |
Random Crap Screaming Mini Monkey Ion Audio Turntable Digital Flip Ultra Camcorder

aegis72

Thanks, BongoFett!

Well, I got my Shirts today, and may I say that they printed out GREAT and that Woot's print staff knows their stuff.

One thing to note is that Woot seems to make a Mens screen and a Womens screen. The Women's screens are a smaller version of the graphic, so that it doesn't take over the shirt too bad.

I got one in Womens small, one in Womens large, and a Mens 2x (I like it baggy as hell when I skate, which is pretty much what I wear all my T-shirts for).

They all look of stunning quality, regardless of whether you like the image or not. Also, "Asphalt" is a slightly darker grey than the image would make it seem.

Packy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Packy

My first shirt.woot purchase, thanks!! Huge music guy, and I've written a bunch of my own so this shirt talked to me =)

Wooter since 2005

Rhowdy17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rhowdy17
Packy wrote:My first shirt.woot purchase, thanks!! Huge music guy, and I've written a bunch of my own so this shirt talked to me =)

Just got in in the mail, Woot Shirts are excellent print-quality for anyone thinking about getting their first shirt.woot

Last 3 Woots:
  • 05/01/09 (1) Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI
  • 04/02/09 Single Wing Ed Hardy R/C Airplane
  • 10/30/08 (3) Kingston 4GB USB 2.0 Data Traveler Thumbdrive

aegis72

Rhowdy17 wrote:Just got in in the mail, Woot Shirts are excellent print-quality for anyone thinking about getting their first shirt.woot

Thanks!

Also: Natasha. Yi.

Celebrity Woot!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

It's hard to say which looks better. Seriously, I love this shirt.

shadcrkd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shadcrkd

Decided to get one. Looks great!

dopey5007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dopey5007
aegis72 wrote:Thanks!

Also: Natasha. Yi.

Celebrity Woot!

Wow, this looks much better on her then it does me

~D

aural

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aural
dopey5007 wrote:Wow, this looks much better on her then it does me

you should see what it looks like balled up on the floor.

icemanorim01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icemanorim01

any news regarding order delays? i ordered mine 10 days ago but i haven't received any updates.

mo0op

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mo0op

I really want this shirt. Will it ever be back in stock?

pentachris

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pentachris
mo0op wrote:I really want this shirt. Will it ever be back in stock?

Not unless they change how things are done around here. This one just recently died off, "after a solid but unspectacular seven-week run."

I fight authority - authority always wins.

pentachris

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pentachris

I got mine yesterday, maybe one of the last that Woot shipped. Looks even better in person!

aaronjamesbush wrote:this shirt is hot but who puts woofers on the top of bookshelf speakers, honestly

There are several companies that do, do a google image search for Mission speakers, for example.

I fight authority - authority always wins.